Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:16:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How can we encourage local businesses to accept BTC?  (Read 184768 times)
xypos

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 01:32:55 PM

We need first to introduce the Bitcoin as currency and their value, because how the local businesses encouraging if they cannot know the value of this currency? Moreover, we need a lot of advertisement regarding the usage and benefits they provided to the users/businesses.
So how can anyone know not the value of bitcoin, when it is just that easy to type "bitcoin" in google to see how much it is worth?
I have to agree with the fact that someone may have never heard about cryptocurrencies, or bitcoins but the value case is fairly easy to solve, it is just going into google.

Without big amount of transactions sent daily through blockchain, and a really big number of people participating in the cryptocurrency world, we won't be able to encourage merchants to using bitcoin as a way to pay for the products, because it won't be simply worth for them. Not enough customers would use bitcoin payments, to consider implementing such a solution into the shop/store, unless it is shop with digital goods.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hello_good_sir

Activity: 1008
Merit: 531

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 10:07:01 PM

We need first to introduce the Bitcoin as currency and their value, because how the local businesses encouraging if they cannot know the value of this currency? Moreover, we need a lot of advertisement regarding the usage and benefits they provided to the users/businesses.
the thing that you are talking about, is the biggest issue we currently have with bitcoin and cryptocurrencies overall.
The number of people interested about it is not so big, which literally makes accepting cryptocurrency payments in shops does not give such an advantage above the other companies.

Also, last times we have to pay higher fees, even sometimes up to 50k satoshi per transaction, and there is still problem about confirmation time, as we are talking about micropayments.
I think it is simply to early to think about something like that.

boyptc

Activity: 2982
Merit: 677

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 10:26:46 PM

Just give them the right websites for them to know more about bitcoin so that they will have an idea to study what is bitcoin. And it's our duty to introduce bitcoin to them, it's given. There's no need for 'a lot of advertisement' because bitcoin is going to become popular for the months or years to come. Tell them the advantage and disadvantage of bitcoin.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
lienfaye

Activity: 2912
Merit: 629

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 02:30:53 AM

One of the strong point of Bitcoin is its increasing price.  We can capitalize on this when we introduce Bitcoin to local businesses.  Transaction is favorable to the merchant because there is no chargeback meaning unlike paypal, once the payment is done, merchant does not need to worry about the payment to be charged back.  Aside from that, Bitcoin is not taxed in my country so definitely more profit to our local merchant.  So probably that is one of the aspect we can tell the merchant to catch their interest in accepting BTC.
They must know that to be interested with bitcoin, indeed it has many advantage for the merchants if they start to accept btc as one of their payment system and the challenge is how to encourage them to use it. i will start with my businessman friend, its easy to explain to him the benefits he will get if he use it because he know and trust me. then if he show interest that would be the start that he will spread the news with his business partners.

olyaru

Activity: 275

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 07:06:36 PM

I think if there were a lot of people that simply ask "do you accept bitcoin" this would make the business think to themselves everyone is asking about this bitcoin thing let me find out what it is and then once they look into it they may adopt it or even come back to you to ask for more information.

Other larger companies with an online space would have systems where they log support queries so over time if they keep getting the same query they will no doubt look into it or already be looking into it.

It seems to me that it is very difficult for local businessmen to get bitcoin. At once it will be necessary for many people to explain what bitcoin is. And then already try to implement this method of payment
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2954
Merit: 598

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 09:41:51 PM

I think if there were a lot of people that simply ask "do you accept bitcoin" this would make the business think to themselves everyone is asking about this bitcoin thing let me find out what it is and then once they look into it they may adopt it or even come back to you to ask for more information.

Other larger companies with an online space would have systems where they log support queries so over time if they keep getting the same query they will no doubt look into it or already be looking into it.

It seems to me that it is very difficult for local businessmen to get bitcoin. At once it will be necessary for many people to explain what bitcoin is. And then already try to implement this method of payment

For now it is difficult because there are people that are skeptical about this crypto currency and coming from us they won't be encouraged and believed us easily. The government will play an important role to make local businesses accept bitcoin, once they had advertise it for sure businessmen will have the guts to accept it.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Fatanut
Legendary

Merit: 1059

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 06:08:39 PM

It depends on how badly they want to learn about bitcoins. Someone can have basic economic knowledge but still not be able to learn about bitcoins when he don't really do some research. There are necessary stuffs to learn like the law of supply and demand but that's nothing if you want to learn about how bitcoin works and its market.

We're not some sort of professional that took a course in college just to learn about bitcoins. If someone was able to establish his own business, then he's probably capable enough of understanding something that even low class people understood.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

mharz

Activity: 336
Merit: 260

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 01:04:41 PM

I think users need to accept first the bitcoin. Because if the users not know the Bitcoin how do local businesses accept it.,
iram3130
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1010

ITSMYNE 🚀 Talk NFTs, Trade NFTs 🚀

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 05:35:52 PM

I think users need to accept first the bitcoin. Because if the users not know the Bitcoin how do local businesses accept it.,

That's not a bigger problem in my country, most of us in our town use cards rather than Fiat and many have already understood the value of cryptocurrencies and been using it.
Some merchants have the option of paying through bitcoins for bills more than $10.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
Pasnik

Activity: 649

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 05:49:28 PM

That's not a bigger problem in my country, most of us in our town use cards rather than Fiat and many have already understood the value of cryptocurrencies and been using it.
Some merchants have the option of paying through bitcoins for bills more than $10.

It seems you live in an ideal place for bitcoin.

ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 08:53:35 PM

Actually im being kind of a jelous right now, to be honest I also would like to live in a city where I have so many options to pay with bitcoins.
Unfortunately, I dont have such an option. Usually, in most of the cities in my country there are only few places where you can use BTC as a another payment solution so that sucks a little bit.
Also, we have few ATM's but I never use them. The fee is really high, it sometimes exceeds even 6% of the total transaction size, which in my opinion is a robbery!

But in fact, having such a way would be a great thing, I still dream about having the card charged with BTC just to pay in the local shops and stores.

Smiley
Mirconome

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 05:50:23 AM

It is necessary to break the use of Bitcoin in a small business and not worry about large companies. So the big companies will be engaged and take Bitcoin, does not yet say that Bitcoin will become popular among the common people.
Fatanut
Legendary

Merit: 1059

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 05:51:55 AM

Actually im being kind of a jelous right now, to be honest I also would like to live in a city where I have so many options to pay with bitcoins.
Unfortunately, I dont have such an option. Usually, in most of the cities in my country there are only few places where you can use BTC as a another payment solution so that sucks a little bit.
Also, we have few ATM's but I never use them. The fee is really high, it sometimes exceeds even 6% of the total transaction size, which in my opinion is a robbery!

But in fact, having such a way would be a great thing, I still dream about having the card charged with BTC just to pay in the local shops and stores.

If 6% fee is robbery, then what is the 12% VAT? You have to understand that business is business and just because you're paying low fees when moving your bitcoins to another address, doesn't mean that ATMs that let you withdraw your bitcoins into fiat are going to be free. The ATMs alone costs money and the company have to ROI and get some profit as well. You're lucky that you're living in a place where there's a bitcoin ATM. Most places don't have that.

And even when there's places that's accepting bitcoins, there will be fees as well although it probably is going to be hidden.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

ausbit
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 07:10:49 AM

exactly. every big thing start with a small thing. if individuals start accepting bitcoin and keep asking local stores, shops, markets to accept their bitcoins than the local business will probably be bothered to think about accepting bitcoin.
iv4n
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1170

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 07:25:39 AM

exactly. every big thing start with a small thing. if individuals start accepting bitcoin and keep asking local stores, shops, markets to accept their bitcoins than the local business will probably be bothered to think about accepting bitcoin.

They will start to accept bitcoins when many customers come to them and ask do they accept bitcoin, after some time merchants will realize how important is for their business to accept btc as payment. But with so many topics here about saving, I ask my self sometimes who is actually spending bitcoins and that is maybe the main problem why we see so slow bitcoin adaptation among the merchants.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
batang_bitcoin

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 12:37:34 PM

Yes users should need to accept it first and that is included the way you are going to encourage those businessmen to make themselves users of bitcoin. But you really need to convince them that bitcoin is a great crypto currency and it will be good if they are going to start using it. When it is already clear to them that bitcoin will make their business great, they will start to like it.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
▬▬▬▬▬
Rana590

Activity: 1750
Merit: 267

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 02:01:18 PM

In every country, everyone don't know what is bitcoin.I think first, everyone should take a good idea about bitcoin and local business
Berns

Activity: 290

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 07:43:40 PM

Yes users should need to accept it first and that is included the way you are going to encourage those businessmen to make themselves users of bitcoin. But you really need to convince them that bitcoin is a great crypto currency and it will be good if they are going to start using it. When it is already clear to them that bitcoin will make their business great, they will start to like it.

It's hard to convince someone if he does not want to listen to you. And to persuade businessmen to convince is even more difficult, because they risk their capital.
It is best to invite them to a training seminar. And give them information about the advantages of bitcoin
batang_bitcoin

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 11:20:34 PM

It's hard to convince someone if he does not want to listen to you. And to persuade businessmen to convince is even more difficult, because they risk their capital.
It is best to invite them to a training seminar. And give them information about the advantages of bitcoin

Well that's an easy thing if that guy doesn't want to listen to you then just show them the proof that bitcoin is real, show him that you can convert it to cash and for sure that guy will go crazily in love with bitcoin. Because he is a businessman, what is circling on his mind is only money. But if that happens then it's up to you if you want to keep introducing it to him.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
▬▬▬▬▬
Spirit2016

Activity: 246

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 08:26:56 PM

I'm more than even sure that most businessmen do not understand and do not know anything about Bitcoin, Maybe if they really convey information about this, then their relationship in this plan would have changed greatly. It really is so, but you need to consider the scope of each business separately.
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 »
  Print  

Jump to: