Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:05:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How can we encourage local businesses to accept BTC?  (Read 184768 times)
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 08:52:14 AM

Of course we can do this but its not extremely easy to do this, its all about what company see in it and its also what they are doing.Some companies are marketing other factors that can make it not even exciting.
Probably we cannot encourage the local business to accept BTC. But a time will come when they themselves will start offering BTC. Everyone knows the worth of Bitcoin and no one can deny it. But this is not a one go process. This will certainly take time.
Absolutely right. The local business will themselves realize the importance of Bitcoins in near future.
But, if the international market start doing trading in Bitcoins, then there are very bright chances that local business market will follow their trend too.
The differences between local markets and international market come to action just based on the demand from their customers. I mean to say local Bitcoins are not thinking about accepting bitcoin payments because their customers are not emphasizing adopting bitcoin payments whereas international business are already doing with bitcoin payments because of their customer's demand.

When more number of customers of local business are adopting bitcoins then automatically those local businesses will realize the importance of adopting bitcoin to stand against international markets.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2954
Merit: 598

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 09:12:37 AM

It is an awesome thought to have Bitcoin in the marketplace but i dont think we will realistically see this anytime in the near future

We will see it in the stores near us. We just have to wait for the right time for it as bitcoin still doesn't have a wide adoption for stores but for individual users there's a lot, we are so many in the market. In encouraging them, if explaining it for a couple of times are not enough then let them see the adoption increase of bitcoin. Let them see the price to keep on increasing so that they will be encouraged alone.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Isaacck

Activity: 207
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 09:58:33 AM

I agree on your question. I am PRO on bitcoin in our industry and businesses. Encouraging local businesses to accept bitcoin as the part of transaction is difficult to do, because they have their own mindset. It depends on how they interpret your explanation. But, you must to explained on them how bitcoin works, and importance of bitcoin in having it on business. How bitcoin can improve and increase the income of that local businesses.
youngagethinker

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 02:23:07 PM

I am looking to help move BTC forward into our economy more and would like to get some suggestions on how we can get more retailers to accept BTC as a payment.  The best part about accepting BTC is that they do not have any threat of charge-back from the customer.  I am just looking for some more input before I start approaching some of these local retailers.

A precisce explanation is a must, a presenation with reading materials will be a good medium for a discussion

We must bring and make a whitepaper for proposal or a working product maybe? Little by little cryptocurrencies are being known and some above 40 years old is close minded on that technology but some middle aged are open and enjoying the ride. If this existing companies won't accept then we will start a new one right? and then grow from there. Imagine you've established that is open for cryptocurrencies and it is the first in town. You will have a good reputation and in the future, you can proudly present that you first pioneered the usage of crypto. That is when they don't listen to you, in my opinion I think they will embrace the technology instead of being deaf and blind about it.

coinplus
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 02:34:00 PM

It is an awesome thought to have Bitcoin in the marketplace but i dont think we will realistically see this anytime in the near future
I believe not everyone will be thinking the same. Anything can happen. No one have ever thought of this thing that Bitcoin will ever come into their lives but now things are right in front of you. There are likely chances that we may be able to see it in local business as well. And I’m very much positive in this aspect.
Apes

Activity: 1316
Merit: 257

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 11:54:31 AM

I believe not everyone will be thinking the same. Anything can happen. No one have ever thought of this thing that Bitcoin will ever come into their lives but now things are right in front of you. There are likely chances that we may be able to see it in local business as well. And I’m very much positive in this aspect.
iam also too positive in this aspect agree with your post that everyone does not think the same local business is no longer a possibility that it has been done in the country of India applying bitcoin in their business
marseille

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 12:34:41 PM

In India I saw one hospital who were accepting payments in bitcoin and I was really happy to see that bitcoin is gaining popularity now and in future we can expect that many more places will start accepting bitcoin as a mode of payment and its just a matter of time.
SilverKan

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 02:21:09 PM

There are lots of approach on how to encourage local businesses to accept bitcoin ,We can encourage local businesses by putting less pressure and showing more results. Showing results of the growth of bitcoin and how many people us it. Once they see that they will decide by themselves that's it's a good move to implement bitcoin into their business as payment method.
taktik

Activity: 504

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 09:30:57 PM

There are lots of approach on how to encourage local businesses to accept bitcoin ,We can encourage local businesses by putting less pressure and showing more results. Showing results of the growth of bitcoin and how many people us it. Once they see that they will decide by themselves that's it's a good move to implement bitcoin into their business as payment method.
if companies can engage in some kind of wholesale sales or services, then the payment of bills with the help of Bitcoin is quite appropriate. I just can not understand how you can apply Bitcoin to trade on trivia.
lixer

Activity: 2492
Merit: 586

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 06:22:16 PM

You are very much right. But I think that even if local business will be convinced by our arguments, they will still fear to accept the risk. And the reason is very much obvious. Till the time International market will not accept Bitcoin, local business will not take such a big step at their own.

tongokongo

Activity: 172
Merit: 134

Explore Crypto

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2017, 07:08:07 PM

Poeple and companies would love to use cryptocurrencies on daily basis, as this is another way to get customers, to be more swift and cool. But the problem, at least in my country is only by cryptocurrencies aren't treated as a currency. And this makes a trouble for companies to make their tax refunds etc..

costina

Activity: 120

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 12:26:35 PM

To encourage some local business to use bitcoin as their payment method is hard, but once you explain to them how big is the advantage of having bitcoin in their wallet for sure they will make it up to you. All you need is just a big and beautiful encouraging words that will for sure persuade them to use this way of payment. And it is all better to make some proof so they will not think that the transaction will be scammed to be trafficked and lead to other’s wallet.
JohnC2389

Activity: 95

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 02:01:39 PM

The problem is not all people know about bitcoins, even in my area only 4-5 people know about bitcoin. Before we encourage local businesses to use bitcoin, we need to introduce them first about what and how is bitcoin works. I'm sure they will start using bitcoin if the buyer want using bitcoin as the payment.
oegarod

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 06:37:01 PM

The problem is not all people know about bitcoins, even in my area only 4-5 people know about bitcoin. Before we encourage local businesses to use bitcoin, we need to introduce them first about what and how is bitcoin works. I'm sure they will start using bitcoin if the buyer want using bitcoin as the payment.
At present same is the scenario around most of the parts of the world. Very few were aware about bitcoin and based on the fact it is really hard to make a bigger profit through offline services. What I suggest is, while planning for bitcoin acceptance it needs to be prioritized for long term profit making.
weblouartisan

Activity: 448

Lets Go Adab

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 09:04:20 PM

For you to get their attention you need a business proposal or a formal meeting or rather call it a presentation. Because if you are going to talk to a businessman it will always ask how much profit they can get from you so you need to explain it professionally.

Zoomber

Activity: 29

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 12:43:37 PM

Small local businesses are always interested to accept something that will make their business cheaper, simpler and more afortable and atractive to people. So a good will and patience is needed to explain them how can they improve their business by accepting Bitcoin.
Tecumseh666

Activity: 19

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 02:21:02 PM

if this besniess dedon on time  we cant

but if it depend on security we can easy encourage 
abel1337
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

FOCUS

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2017, 02:39:20 PM

Small local businesses are always interested to accept something that will make their business cheaper, simpler and more afortable and atractive to people. So a good will and patience is needed to explain them how can they improve their business by accepting Bitcoin.
I agree , You just need a wilingness to help others improve their business by accepting bitcoin. I have an experience with this , I convince my sister (business owner) to accept bitcoin in her store , The thing is she added the payment method and it work slowly but neat. Bitcoin is slowly being famous here in our place and Im happy that everyday people are getting curious about bitcoin.
Turiettly

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 05:29:33 PM

There is no many techniques how to motivate enterprise to accept bitcoins. They are afraid of unstable price of bitcoin, it's hard to declare and shell out taxes for it and finally, they still need to exchange obtained btc their local currency. And most imprtant point - there is still not adequate men and women who will spend in bitcoin. And it truly is like shut circle - several folks don't use bitcoin, due to the fact it truly is tough to uncover areas in which bitcoin recognized.
fanou1988

Activity: 13

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 11:52:23 PM

well has any Point-of-sale system been proposed for bitcoin so far? pretty sure it'll facilitate bitcoin adoption by local shops, at least if it's cheap Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 »
  Print  

Jump to: