Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:51:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm planning to buy 50 antminer s3, how to conditionate a room.  (Read 3015 times)
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 08:47:45 PM

$679.00 per unit. Is that a good price?

It seem overpriced, but not TOO horribly so. I've paid much less but i've only got a few from deals here and there. I'd say 500$ is the max you should pay at current BTC price. Otherwise just get a few S7 instead, because at the suggested prices, S7 are(or were) actually cheaper ^_^".

The only upside to buying those S4, even at 500$ is that you will get them sooner, no need for PSU and hopefully no import taxes.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
franc0 (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

Hire me! Spanish translator and community manager!

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 10:11:59 PM

500 seems like a fair price. What could be a fair price for the s7?

I'm a professional Spanish translator. Projects like WePower, Envion, Atlant, etc. Among others... are part of my portfolio. Hire me or sign me up as a bounty participant for your project!
VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 12:53:54 AM

500 seems like a fair price. What could be a fair price for the s7?

Thats a bit awkward to answer. The S7's are brand new, so people reselling them at the moment will be asking a big premium, so your best bet is to buy directly from Bitmain, but they don't have them on Hand, which is annoying.

The other awkward point is that there are 4THs, 4.66THs, 4.88THs and 5THs S7. The lowest they were purchasable for was 1200USD for 4TH/s and the most expensive was 1800 or 1900USD for 4.88TH/s.

Finally the S7 is almost 3 time as efficient as the S3/S4 so you should be ready to pay 25%-50% premium over what we agree is fair for the GH/s of a S4.

TLDR Good luck getting a S7 under 1500USD, still depending on which variant. But buying a S4 over what a S7's GH/$ would cost would be plain silly.

Your other Alternative is S5 for 300USD or less.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
MCHouston

Activity: 882

Where am I?

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 10:01:52 AM

500 seems a little high. Even if I was selling my own uunits I wouldnt ask 500.

BTC 13WWomzkAoUsXtxANN9f1zRzKusgFWpngJ
LTC LKXYdqRzRC8WciNDtiRwCeb8tZtioZA2Ks
DOGE DMsTJidwkkv2nL7KwwkBbVPfjt3MhS4TZ9
franc0 (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 06:38:39 PM

I suggest you post an ad in the computer hardware market place and see what kind of offers you can get.

Computer hardware market place? Where is that?Is that a website?

I'm a professional Spanish translator. Projects like WePower, Envion, Atlant, etc. Among others... are part of my portfolio. Hire me or sign me up as a bounty participant for your project!
VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 07:55:41 PM

Computer hardware market place? Where is that?Is that a website?

The board. Its a child board of the marketplace, a board on this forum;
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=75.0

Thats where i got most of my hardware.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
franc0 (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 04:50:56 AM

Hello, the s4 that i bought to test mining is about to arrive. Please can someone tell me the steps to follow to star mining?

First creating a wallet. Done in blockchain.info. But when the machine arrives what i will have to do after plug it in to the electricity and plugin in the ethernet cable?

What pool should i join? Which is the cheaper pool fee that i can find? And all that basically. And how the pool will deposit my bitcoin profits to my wallet? I heard some previous post in this thread that i won't need a computer to configure the s4 to the pool or anything is all done in the s4.

VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 07:11:09 AM

Hello, the s4 that i bought to test mining is about to arrive. Please can someone tell me the steps to follow to star mining?

First creating a wallet. Done in blockchain.info. But when the machine arrives what i will have to do after plug it in to the electricity and plugin in the ethernet cable?

What pool should i join? Which is the cheaper pool fee that i can find? And all that basically. And how the pool will deposit my bitcoin profits to my wallet? I heard some previous post in this thread that i won't need a computer to configure the s4 to the pool or anything is all done in the s4.

Thats what i said. But i meant you don't need a computer to run it, you need any kind of device that has an internet browser, put the miner's ip into your browser and edit its config there. Probably check on your router on your DHCP lease to see which IP it got. Unless the previous owner put a static IP on it. Do a reset if its not already done in the case where you can't find the IP.

Get a real wallet, SPV wallet is good for the end user usage, something like Multibit HD. If you want a web wallet, blockchain is not a good one. If you're in North America, probably Coinbase. Regardless there's a list of wallet on the bitcoin.org website.

Kano has best payout, very irregular payments because its so small. Slush pool if you want more steady payouts, that one has 2% fee. Mining bitcoin.cz. I strongly recommend the later one or some variant. Preferably not a Chinese pool. (Hash distribution preference)

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
enthus

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 02:10:15 PM

17kwh, I am assuming you get free electric and found a good deal but have no clue that you are probably limited and your infrastructure (assuming it is a home) can't handle near that.

My friend is the director of the electricity company of my city. I already talked to him, he is interested to invest in machines too. I have a big place in my ranch with no neighbours.  i just need to know how to install the miners and the whole room setup.
this is useful but i think this is stealing, even though he is director he does not own electricity !
franc0 (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 06:59:32 PM

17kwh, I am assuming you get free electric and found a good deal but have no clue that you are probably limited and your infrastructure (assuming it is a home) can't handle near that.

My friend is the director of the electricity company of my city. I already talked to him, he is interested to invest in machines too. I have a big place in my ranch with no neighbours.  i just need to know how to install the miners and the whole room setup.
this is useful but i think this is stealing, even though he is director he does not own electricity !

Yeah life is unfair. But free electricity is an opportunity i have to exploit. Half the people in my city steal electricity without the consent of any employee of my electricity company. Some others steal electricity with the consent of a regular corrupted employee of the electricity company, but i mean my friend is not a regular employee, he is boss. And not only regular home users steal electricity, also big companies like i don't know... cocacola for example, they all steal electricity... This is how things works here, and believe me i don't feel am a bad person. Not trying to justify my self, is just the way it is. Oh by the way when i say "free" is not really entirely free, i will pay the minimum price established by the electricity company. which is like 30$ monthly.

franc0 (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 07:09:22 PM

Thats what i said. But i meant you don't need a computer to run it, you need any kind of device that has an internet browser, put the miner's ip into your browser and edit its config there. Probably check on your router on your DHCP lease to see which IP it got. Unless the previous owner put a static IP on it. Do a reset if its not already done in the case where you can't find the IP.

Get a real wallet, SPV wallet is good for the end user usage, something like Multibit HD. If you want a web wallet, blockchain is not a good one. If you're in North America, probably Coinbase. Regardless there's a list of wallet on the bitcoin.org website.

Kano has best payout, very irregular payments because its so small. Slush pool if you want more steady payouts, that one has 2% fee. Mining bitcoin.cz. I strongly recommend the later one or some variant. Preferably not a Chinese pool. (Hash distribution preference)

I heard Coinbase can freeze your account. I mean i just need the wallet to hold 1 bitcoin, the moment i have a bitcoin i will exchange it to dollars. I will not hold bitcoins yet.

So in the web browser i put the miner ip, then inside the miner ip configurations i can configure the address of the pool? Then i guess the pool have a website, so i just make an account in the pool website and i will see there all the bitcoins i earned by mining, then the pool website have payouts directly to your wallet. Is that correct?

VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 07:37:48 PM

I heard Coinbase can freeze your account. I mean i just need the wallet to hold 1 bitcoin, the moment i have a bitcoin i will exchange it to dollars. I will not hold bitcoins yet.

So in the web browser i put the miner ip, then inside the miner ip configurations i can configure the address of the pool? Then i guess the pool have a website, so i just make an account in the pool website and i will see there all the bitcoins i earned by mining, then the pool website have payouts directly to your wallet. Is that correct?

I heard someone had his BTC frozen and he was being pretty vocal about it, then eventually he found out it was because his bank had not cleared the funds to Coinbase yet. No problem personally. If delays or dealing with a 3rd party is a problem, then get a real wallet as previously mentioned.

Me i just use Coinbase for BTC <-> Bank. I don't store BTC there either, but they do have a Vault feature and they are insured.

Yes. Put IP in browser, you'll connect to its Open WRT OS with all the tabs and data.

Yes, pool where you do no need to register, you will put your Wallet Address you want the payout sent to as a username. For Slush pool, you register, then can set a payout address. Same for Kano.

You should probably register now so you can familiarize yourself. And properly managing your miners by setting up worker monitoring is a godsend when you have multiple miners.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
mixan
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

TRUMP IS DOING THE BEST! MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 01:03:16 AM

If you live in a cold climate in these winter months why bother  Tongue
Just leave the windows opened and you get instant air conditioning for free from mother nature for the next 5 months.

The parasite hates three things: free markets, free will, and free men.
franc0 (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 09:19:01 PM

Hello, i already chose https://mining.bitcoin.cz as my mining pool.

I need something like coin base deposits to paypal account.

Coinbase says "Sorry! Buy & Sell not available in Mexico"

Or something that would let me exchange BTC to mexican pesos to my bank account.

franc0 (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 01:32:48 AM

Ok i have everything working now.

But i don't understand all that about the rewards and everything. Here is a screenshot of my pool website, see screenshot http://prntscr.com/98x8bb

Unconfirmed reward .12$ what is that?

http://prntscr.com/98x8zu

So .12$ is what im going to win and still 89 confirmations left to be filled. That would take all night long right? So .12$ is what im going to win to leave the machine on the entire night?  

I saw in a bitcoin profit calculator that my 2000GH/S machine, with free electricity and all would make me win .22$ per hour.

VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 05:27:43 AM

But i don't understand all that about the rewards and everything. Here is a screenshot of my pool website, see screenshot http://prntscr.com/98x8bb

So .12$ is what im going to win and still 89 confirmations left to be filled. That would take all night long right? So .12$ is what im going to win to leave the machine on the entire night?  

I saw in a bitcoin profit calculator that my 2000GH/S machine, with free electricity and all would make me win .22$ per hour.

Mine is set to BTC so huh, well i guess it doesnt change anything.

So what do you mean, leave your machine running? I think i made it abundantly clear that the miner mine on its own and you dont need to leave any PC running? The miner is completely independent.

Now, you're not getting paid like a job, you get a cut of a block WHEN you find a block. The time it take to find a block is random.

And yes 100 confirmations is 1000minutes~ on average. So all night and then some.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2015, 10:10:21 PM

Wow... you didn't read up at all on how the whole mining thing works, did you?  You earned $0.12 for that block.  Every block the pool finds you'll earn some BTC as long as you're mining.  Let it ride for a while and you'll see the earnings add up.  Right now your S4 at 2TH/s would expect to earn just about 0.01383BTC a day (or ~$4.93 at current exchange rates).  That will change in a few days when the network difficulty adjusts.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
megatron1337

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

★777Coin.com★ Fun BTC Casino!

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 10:18:04 PM

No i think i would go with the units that comes already with the power supply integrated. Do you guys know where i can find bulk deals of the s4 (2000 gh/s)? Can't find a bulk deal, i only can find individual s4 units for sell.

instead of going with the s4 you should go with the s5, the ghs per wattage ratio is better.

Beraturker

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 12:27:17 AM

You should not buy even s5 , you have to go for s7 from now.. you can not ROI with s3
VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 01:00:56 AM

You should not buy even s5 , you have to go for s7 from now.. you can not ROI with s3

What are you talking about, i can ROI S1 right now because of how crazy the price raise is. Also OP already mentioned he ended up with a S4.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀