Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 07:59:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Solo mining with 2x S7 10 Th/S  (Read 5041 times)
HarryKPeters

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 09:36:41 PM

10TH even with S7 effiency is a waste of time and money mate.

Your are paying this for a hobby that wil never be paid back. Better point your miners a solid pool and get some ROI. Or with some earnings buy some outdated S3's and go solo mining with those asics.

i dunno two of those beast can do 2.4 btc per months approximately, this mean that in theory you should have a block in a 10 months as average

it worth a try if you have super cheap electricity, the diff should not increase much if the price remain the same like the last time, for 10 months straight...

What i mean it is a waste of money and time. If OP is rich in both time and money, go ahead. Else everyone else here would say the same. Get some ROI first. then start with experiments Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lovenlifelarge

Activity: 676
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 12:10:20 PM

Do the S7's allow u to split the mining up amongst 3 or more mining groups like the S3 used to??

If so then pool mine completely on one S7 then spilt the 2nd S7 into 2, Pool mining half & solo mining the other half.

That way u can learn at the same way u earn...

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄███▀▀▀      ▀▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀                ▀▀██▄
▄██▀                      ▀██▄
██▀                          ▀██
██▀                            ▀██
██▀    ███████        ███████    ▀██
▄██   ██████████████  ██████████   ██▄
██     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄███████▄▄     ██
██     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███████▀▀▀     ██
██         ███████  ███████         ██
██         ▀██████████████▀         ██
▀██         ▀████████████▀         ██▀
██▄         ████████████         ▄██
██▄         ██████████         ▄██
██▄                          ▄██
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀██▄▄                ▄▄██▀
▀▀███▄▄▄      ▄▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
    ███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
    ████████████████████▄
██                ████▄
██                ██████▄
██                ████████▄
██                ██████████▄
██                ████████████
██                ██        ██
██                ████████████
██                ██        ██
██████████████████████████████
██                          ██
Atomicat
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 01:11:37 PM

I ordered 2x AntMiner S7 that costed me a whooping 13 BTC + VAT and now with the big price increase, the difficulty will sky rocket because people paid only 4 BTC for a S7  and I'm pretty sure I will not be able to make almost anything back with my S7 investment, therefore I was thinking of trying my luck and solo mine on ckpool with my 2x S7.
What do you guys think ?
The chances of finding a block with that hashrate is extremely  low.

I would suggest selling off your AntMiner S7's while they still have value and hold on the coins. That way you will make more bitcoins than mining.
newcoins1978

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 08:44:17 PM

I ordered 2x AntMiner S7 that costed me a whooping 13 BTC + VAT and now with the big price increase, the difficulty will sky rocket because people paid only 4 BTC for a S7  and I'm pretty sure I will not be able to make almost anything back with my S7 investment, therefore I was thinking of trying my luck and solo mine on ckpool with my 2x S7.
What do you guys think ?
The chances of finding a block with that hashrate is extremely  low.

I would suggest selling off your AntMiner S7's while they still have value and hold on the coins. That way you will make more bitcoins than mining.

Selling off needs to happen right now. Your miner is second hand, and if you bought it when bitcoin was swimming on the 350 - 400 usd range, you are already losing money.
BTCish

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 07:36:02 AM

Maybe there is some site where we can see in % how big is the chance to find a block while mining solo ? That would be awesome.

Finksy
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 04:01:48 PM

https://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/difficulty

Look at current global hashrate, divide your hashrate by that number and that is your percentage chance of finding each block. Your chance of solving blocks does not decrease by each block, it is the same. On average 144 blocks per day, so multiply your percentage by 144 by the number of days you are looking at, and that is your percentage chance over a period of time, subject to probability (luck) and difficulty adjustment.

IBM 2880W PSU Packages: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=966135 IBM 4K PSU Breakout Boards & Packages: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1308296 
Server PSU-powered GPU rig solutions! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1864539  Wallet address: 1GWQYCv22cAikgTgT1zFuAmsJ9fFqq9TXf 
ezeminer
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1118

Lie down. Have a cookie

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 02:16:17 AM

what do you think about:
http://solo.ckpool.org/

I have heard great reviews about this solomining pool. It does have a fee but it's relatively low and it saves you the trouble of managing your own solo mining node. You can easily recoup your losses if you mine a block when solo mining. It doesn't require an account which reduces the chances of it being hacked.

If you solo mine at this very second. Over a 30-day period you have an 8% chance to mine a block. As the network continues to grow, that number will go down.

But let the odds be ever in your favor. People have gotten blocks with s3's when the difficulty was 45B. Just depends how lucky you feel ^_^

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: