Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:29:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The blockchain crash against financial system  (Read 924 times)
Huobi-USD (OP)

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2015, 08:29:53 AM

it's a reality that Blockchain is changing the way we interact with each other, nevertheless being more specify, what do you think are going to be the changes to the economic system with the blockchain emergence in a short term?

Huobi Secure and Trustworthy!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
HardForkComing

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 08:33:48 AM

It's hard to predict the short term period, but in the long term, you can see that we're running into a cashless society.

They tried to force people use plastic, so they achieve a cashless/powerless society, but it didn't work as they wanted it to work.

I believe blockchain wasn't made by an individual, but an organization. There's a lot of people who'll disagree with me, or agree, but this is just my opinion.

Why would someone build THE blockchain on SHA-256, which was made by an intelligence service, which is already cracked?

tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 1418

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 08:39:18 AM

it's a reality that Blockchain is changing the way we interact with each other, nevertheless being more specify, what do you think are going to be the changes to the economic system with the blockchain emergence in a short term?

I can see a blockchain used by banks to issue currencies not needing a central bank.  I guess we'll see what Hayek meant when he said that banks themselves should be free without government intervention.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
HardForkComing

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 08:43:17 AM

I can see a blockchain used by banks to issue currencies not needing a central bank.  I guess we'll see what Hayek meant when he said that banks themselves should be free without government intervention.
You got it wrong. Banks are the ones who run the governments. The banks are the ones who caused 2008 crisis.
EggShells

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 02:27:26 PM

I can see a blockchain used by banks to issue currencies not needing a central bank.  I guess we'll see what Hayek meant when he said that banks themselves should be free without government intervention.
You got it wrong. Banks are the ones who run the governments. The banks are the ones who caused 2008 crisis.

The banks and the state are in alliance.  The terms are that both state and bank assets will be propped up by state power, one way or another, so both bankers and politicians can receive "free" power and wealth by issuing those assets (politicians by issuing public debt.)  The state provides power, and the banks provide financial innovation.  (Historically, the bank "deposit" was one of the classic innovations.)  The central bank holds the alliance together by having power to make sure neither side endangers the alliance by issuing too many assets.

The victims of this alliance are everyone else.

Hayek's "totally free banking" is an idealized system where the state does absolutely nothing to prop up the value of bank assets.  Taking away public support for banks removes a crucial pillar from the state-bank alliance, so, at least in Hayek's theory, the theft at the core of our society will disappear.  (I use the words "idealized" and "theory" to indicate my belief that, absent a public awakening to this theft, systems like this will probably never be realized, or realized enough.)
HeroCat

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 03:02:42 PM

I also think, that banks will start to use BTC with Blockchain in nearest future. From the other hand - how can banks will protect their BTC transfers from public, if all BTC transactions are accesible through Web by anyone  Wink
virtualx

Activity: 672
Merit: 507

LOTEO

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 09:35:30 PM

I also think, that banks will start to use BTC with Blockchain in nearest future. From the other hand - how can banks will protect their BTC transfers from public, if all BTC transactions are accesible through Web by anyone  Wink

Its quite possible they would use an altcoin with separate chain. This chain would have reversible transactions and banks could have the ability to add new coins in the network without mining. Ripple could be an example of this.

...loteo...
DIGITAL ERA LOTTERY

r

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████████▄
▄██  ███████▌ ▐██████████████▄
▐██▌ ▐█▀  ▀█    ▐█▀   ▀██▀  ▀██▌
▐██  █▌ █▌ ██  ██▌ ██▌ █▌ █▌ ██▌
▐█▌ ▐█ ▐█ ▐█▌ ▐██  ▄▄▄██ ▐█ ▐██▌
▐█  ██▄  ▄██    █▄    ██▄  ▄███▌
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
r

RPLAY NOWR
BE A MOON VISITOR!
[/center]
okae
Legendary

Activity: 1401
Merit: 1008

northern exposure

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2015, 10:23:17 PM

Amen!!! but im not 100% secure when i read the word "bank", don't know why, call me suspicious... Tongue

btw we should not forget that blockchain can be used for lot of things, not only for financial systems, in the next years we will see this technology applied to things that we will never imagine...

IMHO #1.b of suspects, Hal Finney is/was S.N.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 10:43:00 PM

The general public will have a hard time trusting a bank not backed by governments as this is what they have gotten used to.

Insurences from the taxes you pay that you will always get your money up to a certain amount.
junglist.massive

Activity: 759
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 11:49:53 PM

blockchain will be next step for financial markets and even for whole internet. its completly different way of thinkig about value and security is onnew level.
manis

Activity: 303
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 05:46:19 PM

Amen!!! but im not 100% secure when i read the word "bank", don't know why, call me suspicious... Tongue

btw we should not forget that blockchain can be used for lot of things, not only for financial systems, in the next years we will see this technology applied to things that we will never imagine...

Banks are subject to regulation.
They need licences to operate.
I don't see banks ever attaining full freedom.
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 09:01:52 PM

Nothing much should change for individuals. The big change will be to the banking sector, and to all the people who who make their income by managing other people's money, selling and handling credit cards, transferring money, cashing checks, etc, etc...

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 09:57:18 PM

Banks are subject to regulation.
They need licences to operate.
I don't see banks ever attaining full freedom.

Exactly this! The only way to control the country and the people is to have a control over that people's money. Simple as that! That's why I don't see banks ever attaining the full freedom from any government in this world.

Heck, I even think that countries will start wars before they lose control over money!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: