Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:42:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: buying up to 1 btc with venmo  (Read 817 times)
ViolinRepairman (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 12:14:53 PM

Can provide proof and identification that the account is mine, and will link you to my facebook.  Paying 15% over preev.  Thanks!
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Timelord2067
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 2216

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 01:01:44 PM

Can provide proof and identification that the account is mine, and will link you to my facebook.  Paying 15% over preev.  Thanks!

Hi - what are you paying with? 

Have you read these?

Currency Exchange rules and guidelines https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=594959.0

Beware of PayPal and other reversible transfer services https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=14632.0

ViolinRepairman (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 01:13:16 PM

Venmo.  You can read about it here, venmo.com

Yes, I read the guidelines and rules.  I have browsed Paxful and localbitcoins, however have been unsuccessful trying to locate a trader.  Hoping reaching out on this forum could open up some options for me.
darlingdarla

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 04:37:12 PM

Venmo.  You can read about it here, venmo.com

Yes, I read the guidelines and rules.  I have browsed Paxful and localbitcoins, however have been unsuccessful trying to locate a trader.  Hoping reaching out on this forum could open up some options for me.
there's a guy on Paxful- you must have 20 trades on your account
ViolinRepairman (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 07:38:51 PM

saw that! need to earn that privilege.
ViolinRepairman (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 03:54:03 PM

Have ads up on paxful and localbitcoins if anyone is interested, thanks!
StayGold

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 04:32:03 PM

venmo is the easiest of all methods to reverse
SelfPaid

Activity: 112

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 05:03:02 PM

is it how does venmo works? kind of like paypal im guessing???
ViolinRepairman (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 02:42:07 PM

If you read the venmo terms of service, it says payments are irreversible.  There isn't even an option, so I'm not sure why everyone has that idea of it.
darlingdarla

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 06:14:51 PM

If you read the venmo terms of service, it says payments are irreversible.  There isn't even an option, so I'm not sure why everyone has that idea of it.
payments CAN BE REVERSED WITH VENMO. Don't be a fool. It's worse than PayPal. Ppl use stolen cards to fund it.
mansystem

Activity: 72

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 06:24:45 PM

You can only do this if you have enough feedback here.
With the risk of payment reversed it would be risky for the seller.
DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 06:27:58 PM

I have looked into offering Venmo as a payment option and talked with many people about it.  The payments can be reversed, and from what I understand, pretty easily as well.  Beware of taking this payment option, I have never offered it for this reason.

OP, why not just withdraw the funds to your bank account and withdraw to fiat and do a transaction?  I have never understood why people don't do this with Venmo unless they are just trying to scam, same way with Paypal?

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
ViolinRepairman (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 06:34:15 PM

I did do this.  And went with a cash deposit option on Localbitcoins.  I was just curious, because this is a payment method that I use with my friends and roommates, and wondered why it wasn't popular.  It seemed like a very bare bones type payment method, I was unaware of reversals.
mansystem

Activity: 72

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 06:35:07 PM

I have looked into offering Venmo as a payment option and talked with many people about it.  The payments can be reversed, and from what I understand, pretty easily as well.  Beware of taking this payment option, I have never offered it for this reason.

OP, why not just withdraw the funds to your bank account and withdraw to fiat and do a transaction?  I have never understood why people don't do this with Venmo unless they are just trying to scam, same way with Paypal?
I think it is the reason. Easy to buy Bitcoins with your bank account instead of posting here.
coindrop

Activity: 5

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 08:46:22 PM

I lost Cry Cry about 1.65 btc on venmo and squareup at LBC.  Actually for my squareup it wasn't reversed yet, but square frozed my account and said to wait 90 days for funds to transfer to my account.  So stay stay far away from venmo and squareup.
Timelord2067
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 2216

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 06:59:38 PM

OP: 

Have a read of this https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1266107.0 ( buy bitcoin 440$-1btc venmo ) near simultaneous thread where some scamming occurred with Venmo.

realestone
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 10:18:10 PM

venmo is just as bad as paypal for trading btc with maybe worse
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: