Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:24:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 139 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BTC-TC] Virtual Community Exchange [CLOSED]  (Read 316297 times)
Derringer

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 06:33:24 AM

I've been having a bear of a time with btct.co timing out on me today.  Is something up with the site?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
burnside
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

Lead Blockchain Developer

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2013, 06:39:00 AM

I've been having a bear of a time with btct.co timing out on me today.  Is something up with the site?

We're still under DDoS.  They've shifted strategies a few times.

Some peeps have way too much time on their hands.  Makes me wonder what the motivation might be...

I'm probably going to have to do something lame like CloudFlare.   Tongue
burnside
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2013, 07:07:28 AM

Some peeps have way too much time on their hands.  Makes me wonder what the motivation might be...

We're totally down now.  Network link to the box is saturated.

Working on shifting things around.
tiberiandusk

Activity: 575
Merit: 500

The North Remembers

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2013, 07:15:55 AM

Bitcoin Auction House http://www.BitBid.net BTC - 1EwfBVC6BwA6YeqcYZmm3htwykK3MStW6N | LTC - LdBpJJHj4WSAsUqaTbwyJQFiG1tVjo4Uys Don't get Goxed.
burnside
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2013, 08:21:52 AM

We're totally down now.  Network link to the box is saturated.

Working on shifting things around.

Trades seem to be flowing again.  Wink

We still have performance issues with bitcoind.  We'll be working on addressing those tomorrow.

Cheers.
btcash

Activity: 968
Merit: 515

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 08:34:16 AM

I'm probably going to have to do something lame like CloudFlare.
There is nothing lame about it. A lot of Bitcoin related sites are using Cloudfare to avoid expensive anti-ddos hoster.
I think it is weird that BTC-TC is the only exchange under attack. I highly doubt that there is someone who only hates BTC-TC but accepts all the other exchanges except a competitor Wink

Is there a reason why TAT.ASICMINER doesn't have an estimated yield box?
burnside
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2013, 09:13:54 AM
Last edit: May 16, 2013, 09:24:34 AM by burnside

There is nothing lame about it. A lot of Bitcoin related sites are using Cloudfare to avoid expensive anti-ddos hoster.
I think it is weird that BTC-TC is the only exchange under attack. I highly doubt that there is someone who only hates BTC-TC but accepts all the other exchanges except a competitor Wink

How strange indeed that we just started having issues as the site is gaining ground.

I shouldn't have dissed on CloudFlare specifically.  I just think having to use a DDoS service blows.   Sad  It's a drain on shareholders who now have to pay for DDoS services for a site that really shouldn't need it.

ah well.  We're protected now.  Wink

Cheers.

Add... forgot to answer your second question!  An asset has to have at least 30 days of history before we can make any kind of estimates.
ThickAsThieves

Activity: 518

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 04:08:24 PM

I'm rather skeptical that a competitor would DDOS the site. All of the exchanges are run by very small teams, all of which have a lot on their plates.

It also serves no real benefit to an exchange to take down BTCTC for a day.

gramma

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 04:18:07 PM

I was asking for all types of fees incurred by using the PT. I have to admit, I did not realize not using 2FA costs me more. That notice should have be more explicit.

^^^^^

Thanks

BTC: 1MrNRPo7p8DEyxn87c9BCGwrbatBQeCHc1
burnside
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2013, 04:35:51 PM

I'm rather skeptical that a competitor would DDOS the site. All of the exchanges are run by very small teams, all of which have a lot on their plates.

The latter argument applies to anyone doing a DDoS.  So why do it?

I didn't necessarily mean just an BTC-TC exchange competitor.  Could be a mining op competitor too, or someone who'd like to see crypto-trade grounded.  (pure speculation)  If you shake confidence in an operation early on, it can do plenty of damage.

I really doubt the motivation is simply "I was bored.".  If you're bored there's plenty of hackish things to do that are more fun.

Heh, maybe someone was pissed they lost some btc in a trade.  Wink

ThickAsThieves

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 04:37:54 PM

The latter argument applies to anyone doing a DDoS.  So why do it?

I didn't necessarily mean just an BTC-TC exchange competitor.  Could be a mining op competitor too, or someone who'd like to see crypto-trade grounded.  (pure speculation)  If you shake confidence in an operation early on, it can do plenty of damage.

I really doubt the motivation is simply "I was bored.".  If you're bored there's plenty of hackish things to do that are more fun.

Heh, maybe someone was pissed they lost some btc in a trade.  Wink

It's also possible that they are stress-testing your site or distracting you to look for vulns.
burnside
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2013, 04:39:12 PM
Last edit: May 16, 2013, 08:31:03 PM by burnside

The latter argument applies to anyone doing a DDoS.  So why do it?

I didn't necessarily mean just an BTC-TC exchange competitor.  Could be a mining op competitor too, or someone who'd like to see crypto-trade grounded.  (pure speculation)  If you shake confidence in an operation early on, it can do plenty of damage.

I really doubt the motivation is simply "I was bored.".  If you're bored there's plenty of hackish things to do that are more fun.

Heh, maybe someone was pissed they lost some btc in a trade.  Wink

It's also possible that they are stress-testing your site or distracting you to look for vulns.

They definitely helped me improve the caching system.   Cheesy
statdude
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 04:07:43 PM

How do you execute a call option? I cannot find Options documentation on the site.

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███████████████████████ █
█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █████ █
█ █████             █████ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
  Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
█ ███▄    ███████▀   ▄███ █
█ ████▌    █████▀    ████ █
█ ████▌     ███▀     ████ █
█ ████▌▐█    █▀ █    ████ █
█ ████▌▐██     ██    ████ █
█ ████▌▐███   ███    ████ █
█ ███▀  ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ █
burnside
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2013, 05:02:19 PM

How do you execute a call option? I cannot find Options documentation on the site.

It's on the secutity page, options tab, at the top where your held options are listed.

I agree that I need to setup an FAQ and re-work some of the layout.

Cheers.
statdude
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 06:22:01 PM

It's on the secutity page, options tab, at the top where your held options are listed.

Cheers.

Thanks burn. Is it where it says "List on Market" ? Is the execute only going to show up if I have enough balance to use? Because i don't see an execute function. What does it look like if you sell an option?

Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
burnside
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2013, 06:53:01 PM

Cheers.

Thanks burn. Is it where it says "List on Market" ? Is the execute only going to show up if I have enough balance to use? Because i don't see an execute function. What does it look like if you sell an option?

Yeah, it's only going to show up if you have purchased options.

Here's a snapshot:

If you sell an option it should show up in your trade history on the "portfolio" -> "my options" tab.  One of the things I want to address with the options is a way to exercise from the portfolio "my options" tab, rather than having to go to the security page.

The other thing that I'll be changing soon is I'm planning to introduce an account profile option (ON by default) that will auto-execute options that are in the money before they expire.  For the purpose of determining whether it's in the money or not, we'll likely be using (current bid * 98%) for calls and (current ask * 102%) for puts.  That way it should be relatively safe even in low volume situations.  We may make the deviation argument adjustable on a per-account basis as well.

Cheers.
ThickAsThieves

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 07:14:36 PM

Cheers.

Yeah, it's only going to show up if you have purchased options.

Here's a snapshot:

If you sell an option it should show up in your trade history on the "portfolio" -> "my options" tab.  One of the things I want to address with the options is a way to exercise from the portfolio "my options" tab, rather than having to go to the security page.

The other thing that I'll be changing soon is I'm planning to introduce an account profile option (ON by default) that will auto-execute options that are in the money before they expire.  For the purpose of determining whether it's in the money or not, we'll likely be using (current bid * 98%) for calls and (current ask * 102%) for puts.  That way it should be relatively safe even in low volume situations.  We may make the deviation argument adjustable on a per-account basis as well.

Cheers.

Great feature to add, I've had a number of options expire that I forgot about on BF Sad
statdude
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 08:10:07 PM

Thanks burn.

Those features sound great. What if, it comes time to auto-execute, but you don't have enough BTC, but it would make sense per your formula to sell at Bid shares of that security to make the trade minus any remaining cash automatically? That would be kinda cool.

I guess my question is I still can't tell if I bought or sold this option:

It shows "List on Market" like your page shows, but then recall down below, and I can't find any trade history suggesting either?

Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
burnside
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2013, 09:11:03 PM

Thanks burn.

Those features sound great. What if, it comes time to auto-execute, but you don't have enough BTC, but it would make sense per your formula to sell at Bid shares of that security to make the trade minus any remaining cash automatically? That would be kinda cool.

I guess my question is I still can't tell if I bought or sold this option:

It shows "List on Market" like your page shows, but then recall down below, and I can't find any trade history suggesting either?

Ahhh, yeah, it's showing you holding an option that you wrote.  There's no exercise because it's your own option.  When you first wrote it it should have been listed on the market as well but it looks like you might have cancelled the listing.

The recall button is for canceling unsold options.  Since none have sold, the recall button will essentially cancel the entire lot of options you wrote.

I highly recommend having a good understanding of options before writing any.  It can be fairly risky.

Hope that helps somewhat!

Cheers.
parseval

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2013, 04:38:12 AM

I'm pulling down the dividend data from the API for my charting software, and something I notice is that on many of the dividents, the per-share amount is listed as 0, despite there being a total payout to multiple shares.  For example, here is an excerpt from MININGCO.ETF:

https://btct.co/api/dividendHistory/MININGCO.ETF

{"ticker":"MININGCO.ETF","process_time":"1368665715","amount":"0.04877388","alt_per_share_amount":"0.00000000","shares_paid":"127","status":"COMPLETE","id":"701"}

Some of the assets have all of the per share payouts listed, others have none, and some only have before a certain date range.

I can calculate this myself with the existing 'amount' and 'shares_paid' data, but I figured I would let you know..

Coinflow.co: Charts for BTC-TC, LTC-Global, Bitfunder, Havelock, and MPEx
tip address:  1EmZRimseBWhf5DuSisuhPTRtzejruHp3z
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 139 »
  Print  

Jump to: