Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:36:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New form of loan defaulting? [Suspicious "hacked" account]  (Read 1726 times)
Zeroxal (OP)

Activity: 896
Merit: 508

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 09:08:02 PM
Last edit: November 21, 2015, 06:18:52 AM by Zeroxal

User RKen and jadens seems to have suspicious activities.
RKen:https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=658582
jadens: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=657307

jadens, as a brand new member got a loan from me by providing a Sr. member account as the collateral. However user RKen contacted EXCACLTY me the day after the loan has been funded. Which rises my concerns about how user RKen was able to know that I was the current account holder, although I didn't mention anything on my loan threads etc, which is here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1252386.0

User RKen claims that his account was hacked by jadens and jadens might have given the account as a collateral. As said, how did he know that I am the current account holder?!
In the PM he sent me he claims that he is an Indonesian member and wants his account back.

Because of my suspicions I replied with: I don't own your account, why contact me?

Minutes after he opened a thread/post in the Indonesian boards about his account being hacked (I presume)

Looks like he is trying to scam me. As there is no way for RKen to know that I am the current account holder, unless the "hacker" jadens told him that I own the account - which is very fishy as well.

I will hold the collateraled account until this thing gets settled.

Hoping for your opinions and maybe some research Smiley
Thanks
Zeroxal
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1003

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 09:11:21 PM

If you have a signed message from an address posted over 3 months ago, unedited/quoted, you have a "right" to keep the collateral
Zeroxal (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 09:39:27 PM

If you have a signed message from an address posted over 3 months ago, unedited/quoted, you have a "right" to keep the collateral
If I don't have a signed message (which I really don't have), does it mean that I have basically been scammed?
mexxer-2

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 09:46:18 PM

If I don't have a signed message (which I really don't have), does it mean that I have basically been scammed?
More or less yeah, as the actual owner can recover the account by sending an email to admin with the signed message.
Zeroxal (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 09:48:28 PM

More or less yeah, as the actual owner can recover the account by sending an email to admin with the signed message.
Oh well, huge mistake made by me for not asking for a signed message. If it's a plotted scam, nice one there, never seen one like this before. Any way to warn other people to ask for a signed message?
mexxer-2

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 09:50:10 PM
Last edit: November 20, 2015, 10:01:02 PM by mexxer-2

Any way to warn other people to ask for a signed message?
What do you mean by this?
I won't be making any replies in this thread, well most are gonna be short replies, just watch this post for any edits.

I won't be making any replies in this thread, well most are gonna be short replies, just watch this post for any edits.
Thinking about to let diamondcardz or any other member that have an existing sticky in the lending section to add that to the notable things. Although this was the first time I saw this kind of action
Would work, but most lenders already know about this and I haven't heard of something ike this happening since I joined the forum. Seems you were the odd one out.
Zeroxal (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 09:52:43 PM

Thinking about to let diamondcardz or any other member that have an existing sticky in the lending section to add that to the notable things. Although this was the first time I saw this kind of action
james.lent

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 12:44:00 AM

imho it was pre-planned so that he may default the loan, since you dont have signed message, might as well reveal the account so others can tag it 'hacked' before he recovers it
mexxer-2

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 12:45:55 AM

might as well reveal the account so others can tag it 'hacked' before he recovers it
According to what I understood from: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=941164.msg13025948#msg13025948 , its: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=259876
james.lent

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 12:50:54 AM

might as well reveal the account so others can tag it 'hacked' before he recovers it
According to what I understood from: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=941164.msg13025948#msg13025948 , its: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=259876

Ah yeah, i think a note should be left just in-case.
mexxer-2

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 12:54:40 AM

I think it should be done only if OP looses control of it, as he would end up with an account which he can't use because it got tagged.
james.lent

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 12:57:10 AM

I think it should be done only if OP looses control of it, as he would end up with an account which he can't use because it got tagged.

Yeah you're right and i feel that rken or kenr is trying to default the loan... certainly feels pretty scammy .
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 05:39:09 AM

if there is no way can Rken knows you have the account as collateral, then this is a plotted scam. Its purposely offered as collateral to scam so those accounts involved are scam. They should all be tagged as scam no matter how much is involved. 

They will once again do this plot if proven effective.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
Zeroxal (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 05:47:57 AM

if there is no way can Rken knows you have the account as collateral, then this is a plotted scam. Its purposely offered as collateral to scam so those accounts involved are scam. They should all be tagged as scam no matter how much is involved. 

They will once again do this plot if proven effective.
Still no idea how he knew that the account was in my control. He claims that he somehow traced out that the account is in my control by some addresses.
If there is any way I could get the moderators/admins to lookup the IP and eventually find out that jadens and KenR have the same IP, that'd be great.
I'd be eternally grateful if one of the staffs could do that Smiley
RKen

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 06:09:35 AM

Hi sorry, I'm RKen, the account owner KenR had been stolen by someone.

It's a little clarification from me.

I know and understand what you expect him to me, that I was the swindler.

Though I have explained earlier to Zeroxal via PM and from the evidence that I am the rightful owner of the account KenR.

And in local forums Indonesia, asks how I can recover my account, and there I say that I've been in contact Zeroxal via PM.

So I wanted to ask a thief Zeroxal my account to ensure that the account belongs to him (the thief) or me.

Previous address BTC my account thieves still appear in profile KenR, but now in hiding, I do not know if it Zeroxal policy or indeed the thief deliberately hide.

Thank you
-KenR-
Zeroxal (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 06:11:53 AM

Though I have explained earlier to Zeroxal via PM and from the evidence that I am the rightful owner of the account KenR.

And in local forums Indonesia, asks how I can recover my account, and there I say that I've been in contact Zeroxal via PM.

So I wanted to ask a thief Zeroxal my account to ensure that the account belongs to him (the thief) or me.

Previous address BTC my account thieves still appear in profile KenR, but now in hiding, I do not know if it Zeroxal policy or indeed the thief deliberately hide.

Thank you
-KenR-
I'm sorry, but will hold the account until it got recovered by you through contacting the admin.
PS: No idea why your English is suddenly so broken. The PM you sent me was written in a very fluent and formal English. Another sign that the whole thing was plotted?
RKen

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 06:41:03 AM

Thank you
-KenR-
I'm sorry, but will hold the account until it got recovered by you through contacting the admin.
PS: No idea why your English is suddenly so broken. The PM you sent me was written in a very fluent and formal English. Another sign that the whole thing was plotted?

Are you forget my message "Sorry for the English language which may be a little difficult to understand by you"

I'm using google transalate.

Sometimes I fix the grammar used, sometimes I immediately post.

And keep in my mind just as last night I sent a message to you, I take a long time so that the message can be understood by me at least there and there are some parts that I think you misinterpreted what I said in the message. For example, I did not accuse you as the owner of my account, but I tell you that this is a KenR account stolen account. Hopefully you can understand it
james.lent

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 06:50:11 AM

Post a signed message proving its yours.
RKen

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 06:58:15 AM

Post a signed message proving its yours.

Well it does not matter, but please help me how, because I had never done such a signed message.

And I also agree if authorized to perform IP checking KenR or RKen and jadens

And this may be explained also why I can trace my KenR account.

First, I tried to explore my account, then I see profilenya, because I think anyone knew I was made to account for other matters relating to write in this forum.

After I checked, it turns out my account was not used to it.

Still in profile, then I look at the BTC address. BTC addresses are very unfamiliar to me, out of curiosity with the BTC address, then I copy and paste into search engines and I browse until finally there is the thread Zeroxal.

Why BTC address on KenR profile no longer exists? And I had saved a screenshot of KenR profile
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 08:30:51 AM

he had something to say as soon as you asked for a staff member to get his IP address LOL

i don't believe this guy and i agree if they get away with it ? they will keep doing it.

tag them all and let god sort it out !

FUD first & ask questions later™
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: