Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:50:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [BETA][ANONYMOUS][0% FEE] FIZTONIC Bitcoin Mining Server  (Read 2085 times)
FIZTONIC (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 10:42:33 PM

I'd like to announce the opening of my mining pool into the public while it is still in testing. I would like to test out the pool and make sure all goes well. I know that I am not well known on this forum, I have never used it until today, but I have been using Bitcoin since 2012. I had stopped for a while just because I did not have time, but now I am dedicated to becoming a pool operator and building trust in the Bitcoin Community. I will pay everyone ahead of time upon joining the server.

FIZTONIC Pool

Completely Anonymous
0% Fee
Low Rejection Rate
Vardiff

Beta
The server is currently in Beta mode, I would like to solve a few Bitcoin blocks before the server is completely public. I do not expect anyone to just dedicate their mining power to my server considering I am new to this website and my trust on this site is low. Perhaps someone could connect some lower powered machines to run so a few blocks can be solved. I would love to solve a few blocks and get some good word out about my server so more can join the free mining. My server will always have 0% fee and that will never change, I have always wanted to be a pool operator and contribute to the Bitcoin network and this is my chance. To anyone who would like to contribute mining power to the beta please private message me and I will send the server information over. I am willing to send up to 0.1BTC on the spot to contributors to show your time will not be wasted with me. Thank you all.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4060
Merit: 1622

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2015, 10:44:12 PM

Perhaps someone could connect some lower powered machines to run so a few blocks can be solved.
There is a logic fail in that. You have close to zero chance of solving a block without a veritable shitload of hashrate. Lower powered machines will never "solve a few blocks".

It will be almost impossible for anyone to trust you on this forum with zero reputation.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
FIZTONIC (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 10:48:59 PM

By "low powered" I meant machines running at least 500+Gh/s and with enough people together I was hoping blocks would get solved. My goal is 1Ph/s before the pool becomes fully public.
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4452
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 10:50:05 PM

You don't happen to live in New Zealand do you?

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2015, 10:55:38 PM

By "low powered" I meant machines running at least 500+Gh/s and with enough people together I was hoping blocks would get solved. My goal is 1Ph/s before the pool becomes fully public.
You cannot reasonably expect people to trust you with over $10000 without any reputation. Given how hard it is to get reputation here and the fact that you are almost certainly going to be assumed to be the same scammer that recently ran off with one solved block, I will offer you a mechanism for which you can gain some small reputation.

Send me 25 bitcoin and I will hold it in escrow till you solve your first block. Once you distribute the funds from your first block solved to all the users that have contributed hashrate in that time I will return 24.9 bitcoin to you. Of course this doesn't guarantee you won't run off with the next block you solve but at least it will demonstrate your commitment.

-ck
FIZTONIC (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 10:56:19 PM

You don't happen to live in New Zealand do you?

No I do not, but due to my server speed and current location I should be able to connect to New Zealand with very low latency.
FIZTONIC (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 11:04:27 PM

You cannot reasonably expect people to trust you with over $10000 without any reputation. Given how hard it is to get reputation here and the fact that you are almost certainly going to be assumed to be the same scammer that recently ran off with one solved block, I will offer you a mechanism for which you can gain some small reputation.

Send me 25 bitcoin and I will hold it in escrow till you solve your first block. Once you distribute the funds from your first block solved to all the users that have contributed hashrate in that time I will return 24.9 bitcoin to you. Of course this doesn't guarantee you won't run off with the next block you solve but at least it will demonstrate your commitment.

That does sound reasonable, the problem is that I don't have 25 BTC on me. I only have a few BTC. I am mainly spending my extra cash on running this server. I can give you all the Bitcoin I own and also upload all the bills I am paying to be hosting this server if that means anything. I would love to find some way to prove this is very serious to me and I do completely understand I have no trust on this website. I also have me and a few people I have already met that are currently mining on my server (only 4 of us) I am very willing to post all stats shown on my site showing that everyone gets paid properly and I get 0% fee. Do you happen to have other ideas on how I can prove that I am trying to be a legitimate pool operator?
-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2015, 11:06:43 PM
Last edit: November 20, 2015, 11:27:02 PM by -ck

That does sound reasonable, the problem is that I don't have 25 BTC on me. I only have a few BTC. I am mainly spending my extra cash on running this server. I can give you all the Bitcoin I own and also upload all the bills I am paying to be hosting this server if that means anything. I would love to find some way to prove this is very serious to me and I do completely understand I have no trust on this website. I also have me and a few people I have already met that are currently mining on my server (only 4 of us) I am very willing to post all stats shown on my site showing that everyone gets paid properly and I get 0% fee. Do you happen to have other ideas on how I can prove that I am trying to be a legitimate pool operator?
No, unfortunately there is no other way as you're asking people to dedicate millions of dollars worth of hardware to your cause so it's only reasonable that you should also be able to front up thousands worth. I figured my offer was very generous and since you've refused once, I'm withdrawing my initial offer and changing the fee to 0.25 BTC should you reconsider it. I doubt you'll find another member of the forum with as much reputation as I have willing to make such an offer.

EDIT: If it looks like I'm just calling someone's bluff, yes that is what I'm doing as I'm sick of seeing the community scammed so easily.

-ck
FIZTONIC (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 11:27:55 PM

No, unfortunately there is no other way as you're asking people to dedicate millions of dollars worth of hardware to your cause so it's only reasonable that you should also be able to front up thousands worth. I figured my offer was very generous and since you've refused once, I'm withdrawing my initial offer and changing the fee to 0.25 BTC should you reconsider it. I doubt you'll find another member of the forum with as much reputation as I have willing to make such an offer.

EDIT: If it looks like I'm just calling someone's bluff, yes that is what I'm doing as I'm sick of seeing the community scammed so easily.

Don't get me wrong, I very much appreciated the offer. I just do not have that money up-front right now. Someone has just messaged me and are willing to join my server. Perhaps they can post back here offering screenshots/testimony of my service. Thank you for the help over my last few posts.
bitsolutions

Activity: 261
Merit: 257

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 02:18:30 AM

FYI the address this pool is currently mining to is 15DQHRf4YEEVRYdiLc96XeVjakDA4WzcW5.

Mining Software Developer.
gecox22

Activity: 778
Merit: 515

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 02:22:46 AM

If I could like, thumps up and share this comment especially the edited part I would(*Edit* send me your address I am going to tip just because). I am so glad to see some one else speaking up about our community getting scammed.  

And as for the author of this topic. I don't know where or what you server is but server costs are not that expensive. I doubt you will get any support from this community on getting miners to hash at your pool. If Even you did give up 25 bitcoins for escrow, I would never point any of my hash towards your pool due to the fact you have a newbie account, no trust and show no signs of wanting to gain trust.

I am not trying to be harsh towards you or your pool just stating the oblivious.

FIZTONIC (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 02:42:35 AM

If I could like, thumps up and share this comment especially the edited part I would(*Edit* send me your address I am going to tip just because). I am so glad to see some one else speaking up about our community getting scammed.  

And as for the author of this topic. I don't know where or what you server is but server costs are not that expensive. I doubt you will get any support from this community on getting miners to hash at your pool. If Even you did give up 25 bitcoins for escrow, I would never point any of my hash towards your pool due to the fact you have a newbie account, no trust and show no signs of wanting to gain trust.

I am not trying to be harsh towards you or your pool just stating the oblivious.

Currently the monthly bill I am paying for the server is around $300. Which is not too bad, but that includes the server computer, backup computer, business grade internet plan, and proper cooling for my miners. I understand you are not trying to be harsh and I very much understand the whole scamming thing, I have been scammed more than $600 from someone through BTC which really sucked. I would like to build up trust I just don't know how to go about doing it. I need to find somewhere to get some miners onto my server because I would absolutely love to be a pool operator. I thank you all for your replies
bitsolutions

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 10:40:10 PM

FYI the pool software you are using has a payout method(PROP) that is vulnerable to pool hopping. PPLNS is generally the most widely used payout method since it is resistant to pool hopping. NOMP pool software has in general not been used my any major pools(I think bitcoinaffiliatenetwork used a heavily customized version of it with PPS payouts but they lost a lot of money due to that in the end).

jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2015, 10:56:48 PM

BAN didn't lose money because of the pool software they ran.  They lost money because they had a business model that could never be sustained.

However, I do agree with your statements about PROP vs PPLNS Smiley

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
bitsolutions

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 02:48:30 AM

BAN didn't lose money because of the pool software they ran.  They lost money because they had a business model that could never be sustained.

Well they did lose 2 blocks to a hack AFAIK and the rest to running PPS with a bad luck streak(PPS is very risky to the pool operator especially for smaller pools).

innerchaos

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 04:06:16 AM

Why dont you just run your miners and save your butcoin. When you get 25 btc send them to -ck.  Then at least your potential users are somewhat protected..
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2015, 04:24:37 AM

Well they did lose 2 blocks to a hack AFAIK and the rest to running PPS with a bad luck streak(PPS is very risky to the pool operator especially for smaller pools).
A hack... And I've got a nice bridge in Brooklyn is like to sell you...

The simple truth was the pool model could not be sustained.  He was trying to run a PPS pool with no fees - for a long time paying a decent bonus to miners on top of expected earnings.  The only way he could have survived would have been to have a decent sized reserve and charged fees to help offset the luck and orphaned blocks.  That's the only way any PPS pool can hope to make it.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
SunnyIgor

Activity: 353
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 09:49:17 PM

I vote every new pool operator should send 25 btc to a reputable member in escorw.
If they will not, F them. nobody should send hash to potentialis malicious pool operaters!
Like Nexious, I tried to give them bennefit of the doubt but even public know people run off with blocks!

Otherwise we have a few pools we can trust and if you want to support ''small'' pools kano/ck pool is the place to go.

Undecided
Stoneboy

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2016, 02:29:59 AM

Where is a recent link of your pool?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: