Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:16:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Weird bug viewing some threads  (Read 765 times)
XinXan (OP)

Activity: 1064
Merit: 505

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 09:47:18 AM

So this never happened to me before, I clicked on ''reputation'' thread here on meta (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1247841.0) and this is what appeared.

http://imgur.com/AZ2oYRp

I basically coulnd't see anything on the thread, it works fine refreshing the page once or twice, this has happened 2 times already today, anyone else?
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6122

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 09:49:03 AM

Yeah I have this kind of bug like couple of times per day lately , but it's nothing biggy ... I just refresh the page and I'm ready to go so there is nothing to worry about .

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2015, 10:45:00 AM

I'm confused. Reputation is within meta, but doesn't show up as a subforum of meta?

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2015, 10:47:43 AM

Yeah it happens occasionally to me to. I'd say that it is not a problem. This could be caused by a lot of things. I occasionally have problems with some other websites too, but opening them up in other browsers makes them work. We should wait for theymos, he should know why this is happening.

I'm confused. Reputation is within meta, but doesn't show up as a subforum of meta?
What are you talking about? No it is not. Bitcoin Forum > Economy > Trading Discussion > Reputation; OP posted a link of a thread named Reputation that is in meta.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2015, 11:47:37 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1247841.0

He was reading this thread.

It's odd, I've never had this happen to me myself. I'd assume something is causing whatever is querying to grab the posts for the thread to hiccup every once in an odd while and that would be why you occasionally see no posts. Odd there's no error to show what's happening, but that isn't that uncommon.

See if you can inspect element next time that happens to you so you can see if an error was generated on your side or if it was entirely server-side.

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
XinXan (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 11:51:21 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1247841.0

He was reading this thread.

It's odd, I've never had this happen to me myself. I'd assume something is causing whatever is querying to grab the posts for the thread to hiccup every once in an odd while and that would be why you occasionally see no posts. Odd there's no error to show what's happening, but that isn't that uncommon.

See if you can inspect element next time that happens to you so you can see if an error was generated on your side or if it was entirely server-side.

I will if it happens again but someone else said it happened to him too so I doubt its only on my side, it also happened when viewing someone's profile.
Zeroxal

Activity: 896
Merit: 508

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 12:35:52 PM

The reputation board is under trading discussions. Not under Meta
bitcoin revo
Legendary

Activity: 1168
Merit: 1049

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 01:27:11 PM

If it helps, it happens to me too (occasionally). I have learned to simply refresh the page.

I'm not too sure, but IIRC, theymos mentioned that the ad might have taken too many resources. It may have been for something else, though, so don't quote me on it.
XinXan (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 02:00:50 PM

The reputation board is under trading discussions. Not under Meta

My bad for mentioning the ''reputation'' thread here in meta, seems like some people got confused, I was talking about a thread here in meta called reputation.

If it helps, it happens to me too (occasionally). I have learned to simply refresh the page.

I'm not too sure, but IIRC, theymos mentioned that the ad might have taken too many resources. It may have been for something else, though, so don't quote me on it.

I thought it was weird because it has never happened to me before and I wanted to check if it happened to more people, I know about refreshing the page but thanks.
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5194
Merit: 12972

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 04:56:45 PM

I'm not sure what would cause that. Next time it happens, check the page source and see whether the data is actually missing, or if it's just being hidden by CSS somehow.

Careless use of Adblock Plus's Element Hiding Helper could do that. (Either by you or by EasyList.)

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1003

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 05:29:12 PM

Was having this bug for quite some time, but well , as a simple refresh would make it go away, didn't bother to report it.
As theymos has said it might have been caused by adblock, as I use it on the forum ads. Just got it right now, although when I view the Source, it has nothing missing. Got it on a tab if someone wants to have a look via join.me or something similar.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2015, 01:23:46 PM

I'm not sure what would cause that. Next time it happens, check the page source and see whether the data is actually missing, or if it's just being hidden by CSS somehow.

Careless use of Adblock Plus's Element Hiding Helper could do that. (Either by you or by EasyList.)

The data is loaded, just not shown properly.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
XinXan (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 04:11:02 PM

Hey shorena, did this happen to you before or did it start now? I haven't experienced anymore since I posted that, pretty weird, Im not sure what caused it but it's gone now.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2015, 04:29:19 PM

Hey shorena, did this happen to you before or did it start now? I haven't experienced anymore since I posted that, pretty weird, Im not sure what caused it but it's gone now.

I have this from time to time yes. I suspect it has something to do with one of the many firefox add-ons, most likely ad block as theymos suggested. I just had it again and remembered this thread.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: