Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 04:20:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: differences [in terms of business and investing money/crypto] .  (Read 309 times)
arcds9 (OP)

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 04:27:10 PM

I am a newbie, and i want to know the basic differences [in terms of business and investing money/crypto] . 

Banks invest the money of the investors/bank customers in different businesses and they distribute the profit among the share holders. This is the basic banking system practiced in our society. Banks invest money in different sectors like infrastructure, private sectors,government projects etc.

BTC is far better than banks in terms of privacy, security, freedom.if i am not wrong, most users get profit through trading,mining etc. and what are other the sectors that BTC can contribute/already contributed? Though it has no central authority, in where the most bitcoins go into and what kind of business are run by bitcoin? Most of the bitcoins are generated from mining or all of it or through trading? Investing bitcoins in different sectors [like infrastructure] and holding it are two different things. investing bitcoin should be more fruitful isn't it? because it can create some scope of work.

so, thanks for reading this and feel free to express yourself.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
so98nn

Activity: 2086
Merit: 603

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 04:58:40 PM

I am a newbie, and i want to know the basic differences [in terms of business and investing money/crypto] . 

Banks invest the money of the investors/bank customers in different businesses and they distribute the profit among the share holders. This is the basic banking system practiced in our society. Banks invest money in different sectors like infrastructure, private sectors,government projects etc.

BTC is far better than banks in terms of privacy, security, freedom.if i am not wrong, most users get profit through trading,mining etc. and what are other the sectors that BTC can contribute/already contributed? Though it has no central authority, in where the most bitcoins go into and what kind of business are run by bitcoin? Most of the bitcoins are generated from mining or all of it or through trading? Investing bitcoins in different sectors [like infrastructure] and holding it are two different things. investing bitcoin should be more fruitful isn't it? because it can create some scope of work.

There is a big difference and the difference is that bitcoin isn't as liquid as money. It isn't a complete money and doesn't perform all functions of money. Due to such reasons bitcoin is investment on its own rather than a medium of investment. If you keep money in box and open it after 1 year, the value of money will decrease due to inflation. But if you keep bitcoins for a year and use them again in a year, their value will rise because of its investment nature.
reflector

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 05:14:23 PM

If your hold the bitcoin some years it will go e the double value equals to the USD or other Fiat value. This is least investment you can do with the bitcoin. If you think bitcoin concerns with the business and it has the differences each then you can make yourself investing in the platform such as trading, mining and lending or holding all consider as same bitcoin income varies each option.
FrueGreads
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 06:00:53 PM

Most of the bitcoins are generated from mining or all of it or through trading?

I'm not an expert on bitcoin technology, but please don't make confusions here, as this is important. New bitcoins can only be mined, and you can only buy and sell coins that are already in circulation. Also the total number of coins that can be mined has a cap, and finally the reward from mining bitcoins is halved every 4 years (the next one will happen in 2020).

These last things are quite important (limit cap, and reward halve) because these things alone will make the price of bitcoin increase, if the demands continues of course, since this makes them limited, and harder and harder to acquire. So holding bitcoin, is a good investment by itself.

Investing bitcoins in different sectors [like infrastructure] shouldn't really make it's price go up by this reason alone. If you are doing this, you are actually investing on something, and using bitcoin to do it. Of course that adoption increases demand, and demand increases the price, so yes, more people using bitcoin, and more merchants/companies accepting it, will increase its price as well.

Like I said not an expert here, I'm learning as everyone else, but I think I right on these things, and they should help you getting a better understanding about bitcoin.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

Lampaster

Activity: 406
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 06:17:44 PM

If your hold the bitcoin some years it will go e the double value equals to the USD or other Fiat value. This is least investment you can do with the bitcoin. If you think bitcoin concerns with the business and it has the differences each then you can make yourself investing in the platform such as trading, mining and lending or holding all consider as same bitcoin income varies each option.
Who will agree to take bitcoins? This is equivalent to saying that selling yourself into slavery. It is impossible to give such a loan. Bitcoin now can not stimulate economic growth. It has become a tool for speculation. Probably when the temperature in the cryptocurrency market will drop and bitcoin will return to a realistic price we can talk about it as currency.
Hydrogen
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 10:34:45 PM

most users get profit through trading,mining etc. and what are other the sectors that BTC can contribute/already contributed? Though it has no central authority, in where the most bitcoins go into and what kind of business are run by bitcoin?

Bitcoin is used as a savings account by many as it historically accrues a decent percentage gain resembling interest over time from a historical perspective. Its also used to maintain the value of wealth in comparison to inflationary fiat currencies like the euro and dollar. When people are concerned that the dollar or euro will lose value, they can buy gold, silver or precious metals in an effort to maintain the value of their wealth and prevent it from depreciating. Bitcoin/crypto can also serve a similar purpose.

In some cases, immigrants have used bitcoin to avoid extremely high taxes on wire transfers when sending money to their family in cuba & other countries. I think if a person sends money from the united states to cuba via wire transfer it used to be subject to as high as a 50% tax on top of other fees. People used bitcoin to circumvent those high taxes although I can't say if they still do it or if the practice has been abandoned.

There are also many who are too poor to meet the minimum account balance for a bank account. They use bitcoin/crypto in place of a bank debit card or credit card to buy things on the internet. There is also a big demand for stores which accept bitcoin/crypto and so many set up small stores in this niche area where regulations are less demanding and bar to entry for markets is lower than norms.

Truth be told there are many different ways people have found to monetize crypto and I'm probably only covering a small fraction of them.
pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 03:08:50 AM

BTC does NOT have better privacy than banks. Lets get that one thing clear. For security, ok sure, it can be argued. For freedom, most definitely yes! I can send BTC to whomever and where ever.

For your question, if you want to invest in BTC's infrastructure then invest or start a business that increases the demand for its use case. Two main use cases for BTC are darknet markets and gambling sites.
Zenithar

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 06:05:22 AM

There is a big difference and the difference is that bitcoin isn't as liquid as money. It isn't a complete money and doesn't perform all functions of money. Due to such reasons bitcoin is investment on its own rather than a medium of investment. If you keep money in box and open it after 1 year, the value of money will decrease due to inflation. But if you keep bitcoins for a year and use them again in a year, their value will rise because of its investment nature.

Bitcoin is created as currency, but still  people are not aware about it and feeling relucting to use it, that is why we are not getting all the facilities of a currency from it. in future when the bitcoin users will increase we can expect that it will become possible to get all the facilites of a currency from bitcoin. In fact bitcoin is more better than fiat current as we can uses it both for online as well as can use it in offline shops. But currently the offline shops of bitcoin are few specially present in such places where the users of bitcoin are more in number.
Mometaskers

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 09:17:20 PM

You can hardly call it currency right now. Sure you can use it to buy stuff but why would you when the price tend to keep on rising despite occasional plunges? I tend to see it as an investment, a long-term one. Shorting is something I don't think I'd be able to pull off.

As for investing bitcoins into businesses, you are better off using fiat for that as again, we've mentioned that the price is rising. Buy some bitcoins, wait for profit, and then take that out to invest in another business if you really feel like doing that.
Skyborn

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 09:47:24 PM

You can hardly call it currency right now. Sure you can use it to buy stuff but why would you when the price tend to keep on rising despite occasional plunges? I tend to see it as an investment, a long-term one. Shorting is something I don't think I'd be able to pull off.

As for investing bitcoins into businesses, you are better off using fiat for that as again, we've mentioned that the price is rising. Buy some bitcoins, wait for profit, and then take that out to invest in another business if you really feel like doing that.
On this forum in particular the mindset of the majority of the active non-spammy forum users is to hold long term and not sell in between. But there are still a lot of people who either go all in on altcoin using their bitcoins or buy stuff with it., The latter can be illustrated by the activity on the purse.io market.
_Dawid_

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 10:40:07 PM

Bitcoin seems very promising, mainly because of trading profits(long term and short term), mining(satisfying earning).
But all that things exist because of increasing popularity and price and makes Bitcoin more attractive everyday.
Banks offer less profits to its customers that's why crypt become more and more popular so far.

Mometaskers

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 04:08:34 PM

On this forum in particular the mindset of the majority of the active non-spammy forum users is to hold long term and not sell in between. But there are still a lot of people who either go all in on altcoin using their bitcoins or buy stuff with it., The latter can be illustrated by the activity on the purse.io market.

I've never trusted alts enough. I did tried trading before using some excess bitcoins but never did it again after 5 trades or so. I know some people would buy alts during ICOs but me, I'll never risk my bitcoins on that, considering that it's still unlikely any of those alts sprouting up like mushrooms is gonna dethrone BTC any time soon.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: