Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:56:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Donate To 1000's of Charities Using BTC :: Bitcoin Donation Fund  (Read 408 times)
RayBrady (OP)

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2015, 07:26:47 PM

I will be managing a new way to donate to charities using BTC. It's very simple. We will use the following website: https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/search-cause

This is in relation to this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1258046

How this works is simple. You send BTC to the address, with the note of the charity you want it sent to. After this, I will search for another user who is looking to buy Bitcoins with PayPal. That user will donate via Teamviewer with me, and then the Bitcoin will be released.

Address to donate (MUST include charity name or funds will be refunded): 1JyWiMR6ugFhkPP9oskVFn2ESeyesiSSb

If you need proof of donation, simply contact me, I save all files of each donation. I take 0%, although when you donate, an extra 5% is added on. To receive $100 BTC, the donator must send $105 PayPal. No fee is taken by me, but rather the extra money is sent to the charities. Since the demand for Bitcoin using PayPal is high, donators are always encouraged to make some sort of donation, big or small. It helps everyone, not just the charity Cheesy.

Common Charities:

Save the Children
Feeding America
American Red Cross
American Cancer Society

There are thousands more. Click here to see all.

FAQ's:

What if the user who donated using PayPal chargesback?
This process relies entirely on trust. Although nothing can be done to stop a chargeback, that user will simply be banned from this service forever. I can't imagine why anyone would chargeback... on a charity.

If I send $10 BTC, how much will be donated?
If $10 is still $10 at the time of donation, $10.5 PayPal will be donated to the charity you chose. This is added on from the 5% fee.

How do I know you won't run off with my funds?
I require proof from all PayPal donators before anything is released. If they donate, but don't give required proof, I will not release the BTC.

What if they fake a screenshot of proof?
They can't, I will be on Teamviewer with them watching.

Can't I do this myself?
Sure you can, but the point of this thread is to make it easier, and to encourage people to donate in a much easier way. I'm volunteering to do the extra work.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 08:15:57 PM

via Teamviewer
no.
as if this wasnt sketchy enough already.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
RayBrady (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2015, 08:22:26 PM

via Teamviewer
no.
as if this wasnt sketchy enough already.

Changed to join.me/Teamviewer already on the other thread. Skype screenshare to be added soon too.

subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 08:24:07 PM

that's even worse. there's a reason most of the sensible people on this forum flat out refuse to even touch skype you know.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
RayBrady (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2015, 08:25:35 PM

that's even worse. there's a reason most of the sensible people on this forum flat out refuse to even touch skype you know.

What would be greatly appreciated from anyone is a suggestion to make sure the donator actually donates. The worst thing that can happen is someone scams by faking an email. You can donate $1, then forward the e-mail and edit the $1 to say $50. I found Teamviewer/join.me the only practical solution.

Zeroxal

Activity: 896
Merit: 508

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 03:33:02 PM

What would be greatly appreciated from anyone is a suggestion to make sure the donator actually donates. The worst thing that can happen is someone scams by faking an email. You can donate $1, then forward the e-mail and edit the $1 to say $50. I found Teamviewer/join.me the only practical solution.
Why should we send bitcoins to an aaddress provided by a Jr. member claiming to donate 100% of the funds? I'm sure you won't do this whole forwarding/exchanging thing for nothing - there must be a catch.
The email isn't the matter, using team viewer is very risky because you can easily get a virus or Trojan on your computer. You can make sure that a donation donated by just looking up the public address, there is no need for any email... And you said you will exchange the btc to PayPal, not looking for PayPal donations.
If you really are deciding to do such a work: hire an escrow that will hold the funds and donate them directly to a btc address provided by charity organizations(most of them accept bitcoin now)
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 03:36:30 PM

Sounds like a good plan if its executed without second guesses like you know "poor scam attempt ". I think we just need to have one place where the doners can directly interact with the charities they're donating to .This will actually make it all look legit and hopefully people will gladly donate without second guesses.
RayBrady (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2015, 08:48:53 PM

If someone with a little more reputation wants to step up to help me out and hold funds and such, feel free Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: