Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:11:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How is bitcoin hosted, where and what is the main blockchain?  (Read 898 times)
FruitsBasket (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1017

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 09:39:23 PM

How is bitcoin hosted, like on a server? I dont get it I think. And what is the main blockchain, that stores transactions?

fck@dt-alwayzz_newbz
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 09:46:46 PM

Bitcoin is "hosted" wherever there is a full node completely synced. There is no "main" blockchain, there's only one blockchain.
jaberwock
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1073

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 09:49:01 PM

It is a p2P system, there is no a central server where the blockchain is hosted. It is hosted nowhere and everywhere, in some sense.

I suggest you take a look in the p2p systems like torrents, so you will understand better

FruitsBasket (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 09:52:50 PM

Thanks for the replies! I understand it now a bit more, I will look on youtube some tutorials sbout the technology behind it, it is really interesting I think.

fck@dt-alwayzz_newbz
Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 09:53:25 PM

Thanks for the replies! I understand it now a bit more, I will look on youtube some tutorials sbout the technology behind it, it is really interesting I think.
I think you should start with Satoshi's whitepaper at https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
meono

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 10:46:48 PM

Did you just buy this account? WTF?
 Roll Eyes
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4473

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 10:47:48 PM

it seems a noob, signed up to a signature campaign, wrote a few hundred posts on this forum........ before even knowing the basics of what bitcoin is..

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
FruitsBasket (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 10:48:13 PM

Roll Eyes
No, I am just new to these fact about bitcoin, I saw it as a kind of paypal. But clearly the technology goes deeper and it is best secure of all things on earth Smiley

fck@dt-alwayzz_newbz
Hellacopter

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 10:50:24 PM

Bitcoin is decentralized currency, so there isn't a central "sodting" of this cryptocurrency.
Ans of course there is only one main blockchain.
I hope this reply can help you to understand a bit how it works.
meono

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 10:51:03 PM

Roll Eyes
No, I am just new to these fact about bitcoin, I saw it as a kind of paypal. But clearly the technology goes deeper and it is best secure of all things on earth Smiley

So it takes you 8 months to ask this question? and never cared to look for it yourself?

Yup exactly proves my point in other thread,
FruitsBasket (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 10:53:29 PM

Bitcoin is decentralized currency, so there isn't a central "sodting" of this cryptocurrency.
I knew it is decentralized, but i dis not know how it was hosted. I knew it was p2p but I never actually looked at the definition of that. I am not a total newb about btc, I have watched some videos and used it for a long time now.

fck@dt-alwayzz_newbz
virtualx

Activity: 672
Merit: 507

LOTEO

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 11:07:15 PM

I knew it is decentralized, but i dis not know how it was hosted. I knew it was p2p but I never actually looked at the definition of that. I am not a total newb about btc, I have watched some videos and used it for a long time now.

It is "hosted" by many nodes in the bitcoin p2p network. Those nodes are full bitcoin nodes, meaning they hold a copy of the entire blockchain. The bitcoin blockchain contains all transactions of the network ever since Satoshi. New transactoins are included in blocks. Blocks are connected to eachother, hence the name blockchain. The blockchain is simply a large database. You can download the blockchain using Armory, bitcoind and other full bitcoin clients.  Smiley

...loteo...
DIGITAL ERA LOTTERY

r

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████████▄
▄██  ███████▌ ▐██████████████▄
▐██▌ ▐█▀  ▀█    ▐█▀   ▀██▀  ▀██▌
▐██  █▌ █▌ ██  ██▌ ██▌ █▌ █▌ ██▌
▐█▌ ▐█ ▐█ ▐█▌ ▐██  ▄▄▄██ ▐█ ▐██▌
▐█  ██▄  ▄██    █▄    ██▄  ▄███▌
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
r

RPLAY NOWR
BE A MOON VISITOR!
[/center]
FruitsBasket (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 11:10:31 PM

It is "hosted" by many nodes in the bitcoin p2p network. Those nodes are full bitcoin nodes, meaning they hold a copy of the entire blockchain. The bitcoin blockchain contains all transactions of the network ever since Satoshi. New transactoins are included in blocks. Blocks are connected to eachother, hence the name blockchain. The blockchain is simply a large database. You can download the blockchain using Armory, bitcoind and other full bitcoin clients.  Smiley
Thank you for the clear explanation of how the technology is behind btc.
I am going to lock the thread, my questions are answered.

fck@dt-alwayzz_newbz
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: