Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:39:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: simple page (24 hours job) html+css  (Read 657 times)
girlbtc.com (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

girlbtc.com

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2016, 03:29:58 AM

requirements:
1. design our site www.girlbtc.com   all things is on it , just put them into a professional layout
2. if you have ability of JS , PHP , I will talk more details of you . but first finish the Html and css.
3.it must be finished in one day ( 24 hours)  , it is really a very easy job
4.budget negotiatable  from 0.01btc to your ecxenlent...

if interested  Email me  girlbtc@yeah.net
no  PMs or idle talk

someone promised me to finish it in one day ,or two days ,but .....

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
amacar1

Activity: 707
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 08:24:22 PM

Hi, is something like this ok: http://amacar.tk/btcgirl/index.html ?

DarkStar_
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3282

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2016, 10:09:45 PM

The site amacar1 "built" for you is built using the Escape Velocity free HTML5 template, found here. I highly suggest not accept it, or build your own using a free template. You can find out because of the <title> tag that amacar1 didn't change. Archive. Barely and changes were made - not even the color and only the text.

taking a break - expect delayed responses
Ðire

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 12:04:01 AM

The site amacar1 "built" for you is built using the Escape Velocity free HTML5 template, found here. I highly suggest not accept it, or build your own using a free template. You can find out because of the <title> tag that amacar1 didn't change. Archive. Barely and changes were made - not even the color and only the text.

Unfortunately, I believe that 75% of all static page jobs are templates that may or may not be slightly tweaked. Nothing is wrong with using a template for ideas and perhaps a specific snippet of code or two, but taking the template and not even giving credit for it?...

...and not even taking the time to edit the title tag?
DarkStar_
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2016, 12:16:02 AM

Unfortunately, I believe that 75% of all static page jobs are templates that may or may not be slightly tweaked. Nothing is wrong with using a template for ideas and perhaps a specific snippet of code or two, but taking the template and not even giving credit for it?...

Fair point. I also find it really funny that at the bottom of the page, it says the designer was amacar and links to amacar.tk. I'm betting that amacar spent a maximum of 10 minutes making it.

monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2016, 12:26:16 AM

Fair point. I also find it really funny that at the bottom of the page, it says the designer was amacar and links to amacar.tk. I'm betting that amacar spent a maximum of 10 minutes making it.
Quoted for reference.
amacar1

Activity: 707
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 06:58:51 AM

I agree I made a mistake not giving a credit to HTML UP. I modified it and credits are now on page. I don't really think that I deserve negative feedback because of that.

About free template, it is written
It's responsive, built on HTML5 and CSS3, and released for free under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 license, so use it for any of your personal or commercial projects – just be sure to credit us!
so I can use it if I want. And also OP wrote that payment is 0.01btc so I won't make design from scratch for such a low amount.

extrabyte
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 07:46:02 AM

I agree I made a mistake not giving a credit to HTML UP. I modified it and credits are now on page. I don't really think that I deserve negative feedback because of that.

It's responsive, built on HTML5 and CSS3, and released for free under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 license, so use it for any of your personal or commercial projects – just be sure to credit us!
so I can use it if I want. And also OP wrote that payment is 0.01btc so I won't make design from scratch for such a low amount.

OP paying low amount.
but This is not a reason to steal someone else Theme and design and make it yours..
But nice to see you are regretting and want to accept your mistake.
DarkStar_
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2016, 01:59:26 PM

Yet you didn't even read what you quoted. I rechecked the archive of your site and didn't find any credit to them, other than the <title> tag which I strongly believe was a mistake on your part, and that you simply forgot as you wrote that you designed it, and that the copyright belongs to BtcGirl (the webpage). A copyright on a website means this:[1]
So putting the copyright notice on the bottom of a site states that the material displayed is not to be used without permission of the owner

Did you provide credit, knowing that it was a requirement of using the free template? No.

[1] Source: https://www.sitepoint.com/what-it-means-to-copyright-a-website/

Jimbola3

Activity: 382
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 03:08:15 PM

Pm me if you need such help with all required infos..
i am a web developer and have pretty good experience in it Cheesy
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2016, 03:28:52 AM

Well, it seems as though you are justifying your mistake more than you are owning up to it.  

You're making it seem like it isn't a big deal.  It actually is illegal - it's stealing.  You stole intellectual property and credited yourself.  You shouldn't be justifying your mistake:

https://html5up.net/license
Why are you quoting that?  Did you read that beforehand and just decide to ignore it?  Not only did you not credit them, you credited yourself for the work, lol.

Very unprofessional.  Please don't make the same mistake again.  It may seem like a small problem for you, but I know the struggle of a developer - it's infuriating when someone takes your work and puts it under their own name.  You can PM me in 2 weeks time and your negative trust will be changed into a neutral.  Maybe that time you can own the mistake rather than make excuses.

P.S. @OP, I posted this publicly for reference.  If you really want me to remove it (preferably not) send me a PM and I will do so.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: