Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:04:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Where to buy chips/boards.  (Read 1816 times)
qWark (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 09:05:38 PM

Where i can order Bitmain/Avalon/Spondoolies-tech chips with boards?
I'm looking for ~200 chips from spondoolies-tech (chips from SP-50),50 chips from bitmain (chips from S7) and 25 chips from avalon 6.
Do not offer me full miner,only chips/boards or both.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 09:06:20 PM

I'm looking for ~200 chips from spondoolies-tech (chips from SP-50),50 chips from bitmain (chips from S7) and 25 chips from avalon 6.

You can't buy only the chips.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 1842

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 09:12:29 PM

Yep, what he said. Some of us have been talking to the various manufacturers for months with no luck.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
qWark (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 09:13:44 PM

Gekko science running on one chip from bitmain... How it is possible?
I don't need controllers or power supplies,only looking for chips or boards Smiley
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 09:17:22 PM

I don't need controllers or power supplies,only looking for chips or boards Smiley

Only way to get chips. Buy the miner and unsolder them using hot air station.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
qWark (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 09:20:46 PM
Last edit: November 23, 2015, 09:31:15 PM by qWark

Only way to get chips. Buy the miner and unsolder them using hot air station.

And what i'll do with controllers ?? I have power supplies and controlers..
But i need 200 chips from SP-50 ( I have no idea about price of this BIG miner ) and not only bitmain,avalon chips..
Thanks for your answer!
sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 1842

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 09:39:04 PM

GekkoScience is using chips from the S5 which were purchased in June. Bitmain doesn't want to sell the BM1385 from the S7. Avalon doesn't seem to want to sell A3218 from the Ava6 but you can get their old A3222 maybe. Spondoolies' "Pickaxe" chip on the SP50, does anyone know if it actually exists yet?

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
MRKLYE
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003

Designer - Developer

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2015, 09:51:18 PM

Honestly bud I'd just avoid the whole mining thing altogether.. The dream of money printers is just that.. A dream.
BTC mining is basically dead now that large corporation is involved and unless you have a huge bankroll you will likely just fail at mining.

It's loud, noisey and hot and I highly suggest that no one bother at this point.. Mining was fucked as soon as ASIC came into play..

My advice: If you want bitcoin just buy bitcoin. If you want to develop a miner better get a sample chip and reverse engineer it and make your own.
Mining is dead, greedsters killed it.

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄████▀▀`````````▀▀████▄
███▀```````````````````▀███
███`````````````````````````███
██```````````██``██````````````██
██````````▄▄▄▄██▄▄██▄▄▄▄`````````██
██`````````▀██████████████▄````````██
██`````````````███`````▀████`````````██
▐█▌`````````````███`````▄███▀`````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███████████▄``````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███```````████````````▐█▌
██`````````````███`````▄▄████````````██
██`````````▄██████████████▀````````██
██````````▀▀▀▀██▀▀██▀▀▀▀`````````██
██```````````██``██````````````██
███`````````````````````````███
███▄```````````````````▄███
▀████▄▄`````````▄▄████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
FREE
BITCOINS.com

`````````▄
````````▄█▄
``````▄█████▄
`````█████████
```▄███████████▄
``███████████████
`█████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
██▌▀███████████████
`██``▀████████████
``██▄```▀████████
```▀███▄▄`█████▀
``````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

FAUCET
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

``````````````````▄▄▄▄▄▄
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````██████``██████
``````````██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████

██████████████████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

XCHANGE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````````▄
`````````▄██
```````▄████
`````▄██████████▄
`````▀███████████▄
```````▀████``▀████
█``````▄`▀██````▀██
██▄````██▄`▀``````█
████▄``████▄
`▀███████████▄
``▀██████████▀
```````████▀
```````██▀
```````▀

SWAP
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 10:43:47 PM

Gekko science

make's there own miners that's how it is possible all they need is a good supply of chips they are the home miners dream Smiley .

it all right here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=995675.0

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Mitak

Activity: 126

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 10:59:51 PM

Well,
Bitmain behaviour is not surprise since recently they were the one and only company selling to general public, they do not want competition there.
KNC and Bitfury take the path with big corporate farms long time ago, they did not even released any public info on the performance of their chips.
But for me Avalon is surprise.
 I did liked their open source approach in the past with Gen2 ,3 and 4: samples, datasheets, technical support for devs trough mailing list and IRC.
They even had a competition with prizes for open source design for their 2 gen chips. Now I see they choose the Bit main way.
What a pity . So officially open source development of ASIC miners is limited to outdated chips and dead Sad
 May be the last hope is  Spondo , but not sure as far they have corporate hat now and some market decisions are not up to them any more.
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 11:17:28 PM
Last edit: November 23, 2015, 11:30:11 PM by toptek

Well,
Bitmain behaviour is not surprise since recently they were the one and only company selling to general public, they do not want competition there.
KNC and Bitfury take the path with big corporate farms long time ago, they did not even released any public info on the performance of their chips.
But for me Avalon is surprise.
 I did liked their open source approach in the past with Gen2 ,3 and 4: samples, datasheets, technical support for devs trough mailing list and IRC.
They even had a competition with prizes for open source design for their 2 gen chips. Now I see they choose the Bit main way.
What a pity . So officially open source development of ASIC miners is limited to outdated chips and dead Sad
 May be the last hope is  Spondo , but not sure as far they have corporate hat now and some market decisions are not up to them any more.

yup after SP Merged it all changed.

in  Feb of next year there is suppose ti be another company that might sell to the public cheaper then them all, i read the release date for next fall that was posted wrong but haven't seen any more about it .it may have even been a scam to get some fast cash they were taking per orders.There are very skilled people out there that want to keep home mining going but the big guys for some reason think it's gonna hurt them to help out .

cya

Mitak

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 11:41:25 PM

new chip company
care to share more info ?
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 11:45:35 PM

new chip company
care to share more info ?

not new they decided to sell to the public i think it's LKE or some thing like that they made big post here about a month ago .

toptek
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 11:57:54 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1171705.msg12652628#msg12652628

not much more was said

later

Exoskeleton

Activity: 338
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 04:48:49 PM

By the time you get the chips and make a board, test it, and then produce it the next gen will be out. Same goes for reverse engineering the chips. By the time you figure it all out, test it, and then tape out there will be a next generation chip that will kill it. I'm not quite sure what the end game here is but it seems like a waste of time to be totally honest.
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 05:55:55 PM

By the time you get the chips and make a board, test it, and then produce it the next gen will be out. Same goes for reverse engineering the chips. By the time you figure it all out, test it, and then tape out there will be a next generation chip that will kill it. I'm not quite sure what the end game here is but it seems like a waste of time to be totally honest.
They are great for stick miners and nice little project miners, not everything is just a massive ROI machine and I think the next gen is further out since it takes the jump to smaller nm.

I agree why not put to gather a 2 th like side wants to do for homes not everyone wants to buy a 4 th 1,7 k priced machine when two 2 th boards using old heat sinks etc might be better not every one cares about ROI they want to mine in there Homes, the big guys just don't understand that .

Mitak

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 06:38:19 PM

I contacted 21inc and they told me their chips ARE for sale just in bulk, to find out more just email saless@21.co  , their chips are really efficient as well.

I do not think so
here is an answer in their web site chat

Sure, the minimum order quantity threshold is $1MM ($1,000,000) US Dollars.

So the interesting times are over.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 09:26:26 AM

The main issue is that the chips from the S7 and Avalon 6 are going into miners that are still NEW - no way are BitMain or Avalon going to willingly undercut their own miner sales right now. Try again in a few months.

SP50 may or may not actually exist, but Spondoolies seems to have decided to follow BitFury and KnC into the "big industrial sales only" market.

B-Eleven (Lktec/BW.com) unit doesn't appear to exist yet, or is still just in prototype. Same situation as Bitmain/Avalon, too new to be willing to undercut their miner sales for a while.

Innosilicon is a wild card, they've tended to sell chips starting close to or at the same time as their miners came out - but their next-gen chip appears to not be in full production yet.

21etc - see Bitfury, "mass orders only" or buy their light bulbs, err, Bitcoin massively overpriced not-really-a-miner boxes.

No clue what's going on with SFARDS, but their dual-mining chip is the worse of both worlds at current pricing and performance IF it's actually available for sale.

Talk to Sidehack about the issues a WELL KNOWN DEVELOPER has had in trying to get anything current-gen for his small projects.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
RichBC

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 11:14:59 AM

21etc - see Bitfury, "mass orders only" or buy their light bulbs, err, Bitcoin massively overpriced not-really-a-miner boxes.

Did we ever get any more news on the Light Bulbs, thought they were meant to be released in 2015?

Rich

→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Hard-Disk Mineable Cryptocurrency !! B U R S T C O I N 💰 Cheap Price & Easy to Invest - CHECK IT OUT NOW! !! →→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Asset exchange, Automatic transactions, Escrow system & More !!
AddictedtoBitcoin

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 11:33:41 AM

Did we ever get any more news on the Light Bulbs, thought they were meant to be released in 2015?

Rich

I think Bitfury realized that nobody wants to pay $40 for a 7GH/S miner that makes lights
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: