Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 08:07:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 100 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SatoshiGalaxy - Browser MMORPG + BTC Faucet {FOR SALE}  (Read 109672 times)
capcher

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

This user is currently ignored.

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 05:46:08 PM
Last edit: February 05, 2016, 02:03:38 AM by capcher

I keep forgetting to check prices before I sell/craft :/

Completion before Completion

(Edited to remove grossly misunderstood stuff)

A NEW BUG/TYPO FOUND:
    Although I was able to complete the mission while being on Muscida, the following report appeared BEFORE "delivering the message":
    https://i.imgur.com/g6higz4.png

I believe that the text on the Deliver Message jobs should be written as "Deliver message FROM location" instead of "Deliver message (location)" as it may give the idea that the player has to go to the other place.
    Wait, wait, wait... Where do I deliver it? -.-' Mega typo on the job report text. The mission was "Completed" but not "Terminated", that I understood.

The wording might be a little confusing, but is accurate. You still have to Dock to station to get your reward, so there is 1 extra step, but it's marked as "completed" because it's the last, "easy" step. As for the sector I think it displays correctly, but I'll double-check.

Like Alterburner, I too find the wording confusing. Even if it requires one last easy step it's still incomplete, so I think marking it as "in progress" would actually be less confusing.

Regarding the "Deliver message (<location>)", it sounds like "Deliver message to <location>". At first I thought I had to go back to the place where I originally got the job to report back. It'd probably be less confusing to just say "Deliver message".  

To do list

Can you post your to-do list somewhere so that we don't repeat things that you are already planning to implementing?[/list]
    Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
    Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
    Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
    toecutter (OP)

Activity: 622
    Merit: 500

SatoshiGalaxy

View Profile WWW
    February 05, 2016, 03:26:06 PM

I keep forgetting to check prices before I sell/craft :/

And you wanted to "deselect" that item >:)

Completion before Completion

You guys are right, of course. Added to the list.

To do list
    Can you post your to-do list somewhere so that we don't repeat things that you are already planning to implementing?

Speaking of which, that's not a bad idea, I'll see what I can do.

SatoshiGalaxy - MMORPG Faucet - No investments - Satoshi payouts.
    Alterburner

Activity: 13
    Merit: 0

View Profile
    February 07, 2016, 03:52:24 AM

On an irrelevant note, I just unlocked the "Scarred for Life" achievement.

https://i.imgur.com/60NK62l.png

Ouch! Good idea for an achievement, though Wink

How about this one:

https://i.imgur.com/Z1N6FRc.png

Even if it's the most abundant ORE in the game, burning the plates, ANY plate, for a 20nm PCB, and at half price of the market, hurts for any "low lvl" player trying to power up lol.
    capcher

View Profile
    February 08, 2016, 07:03:02 AM
    Last edit: February 08, 2016, 07:13:09 AM by capcher

Yeah, sometimes I feel like it's better to sell copper plates instead of making those PCBs because of the high failure rates. Plus, as I showed in a screenshot earlier, even if you make a PCB, it sometimes sell for a lower price than compared to the copper plates you use to make it.

Minor Marketplace bug

when you go to page 2 of marketplace, the "Seller" column is empty.
    Alterburner

View Profile
    February 08, 2016, 03:25:23 PM

Yeah, sometimes I feel like it's better to sell copper plates instead of making those PCBs because of the high failure rates. Plus, as I showed in a screenshot earlier, even if you make a PCB, it sometimes sell for a lower price than compared to the copper plates you use to make it.

Well, That is why I try to search for places where the price is the highest at that moment.
    capcher

View Profile
    February 10, 2016, 07:22:26 AM
    Last edit: February 10, 2016, 11:16:16 AM by capcher

Terebellum & Terebellum-B

Minor typo? The outpost on Terebellum-B still says "CONS Outpost Terebellum".

Log when your ship gets attacked

Why does it sometimes say

<villain> attacks <your ship's name> with...

and then say this at other times?

<villain> attacks you with...

Marketplace "All" filter

By default you are shown all categories (Resources, Materials, Circuits, Components, and Equipment).

But once you select a specific filter like "Resources" there is no way to go back to the default view (i.e. all categories), except by going to Station -> Market.

It'd make sense to have an "All" filter.

Dismissed Jobs (again)

Earlier on you said it should take ~10 mins, but I'm timing things this time, and so far the dismissed job is still in my profile after 3h.

It's a pain in the ass seeing that dismissed jobs still take up job slots.
    toecutter (OP)

SatoshiGalaxy

View Profile WWW
    February 10, 2016, 01:17:05 PM

Well, That is why I try to search for places where the price is the highest at that moment.

Yup, it's a gameplay feature that allows players with better strategies collect more satoshi :)

Minor Marketplace bug

when you go to page 2 of marketplace, the "Seller" column is empty.

Report accepted, thank you!

Terebellum & Terebellum-B

Minor typo? The outpost on Terebellum-B still says "CONS Outpost Terebellum".

Nice catch! I renamed the sectors (by hand) back then, and forgot to rename appropriate stations. Thanks!

Log when your ship gets attacked

Why does it sometimes say

<villain> attacks <your ship's name> with...

and then say this at other times?

<villain> attacks you with...

Yeah, that's definitely a bug we already track. It's somewhat tricky to fix because of some code entanglement. Basically, the "You" form is what should be displayed to you and the third-person form should be displayed to nearby players, but alas, it doesn't work correctly 100% of the time.

Marketplace "All" filter

By default you are shown all categories (Resources, Materials, Circuits, Components, and Equipment).

But once you select a specific filter like "Resources" there is no way to go back to the default view (i.e. all categories), except by going to Station -> Market.

It'd make sense to have an "All" filter.

Very good point, thank you.

Dismissed Jobs (again)

Earlier on you said it should take ~10 mins, but I'm timing things this time, and so far the dismissed job is still in my profile after 3h.

It's a pain in the ass seeing that dismissed jobs still take up job slots.

That's on the list, but after we had a talk, I can't promise you a quick fix. The problem is, if we set the timeout to 10 minutes, people will be able to "cycle" (take-dismiss-take-dismiss) jobs, to the point they'll get all 10 jobs they want. So we might tune that value, but not necessary to "10 minutes". Sorry for not communicating that earlier.

Fixing another related problem (showing destination sectors for jobs not yet taken) should mostly take care of the problem. I think.

capcher

View Profile
    February 10, 2016, 02:14:23 PM
    Last edit: February 10, 2016, 04:22:31 PM by capcher

Fixing another related problem (showing destination sectors for jobs not yet taken) should mostly take care of the problem. I think.

Yes, that would help greatly. Regarding cycling through the job, do you mean that a new job is generated when another job disappears or is completed? Shouldn't the generation of a new job be timed independently of current jobs?

Also, how long does it currently take for dismissed/failed to disappear from my profile? When the job expires? That'd suck for failed jobs that are due to getting destroyed since the player didn't have any say in that.

And there I was just minding my own business and somebody just had to come and re~e~ekt me.

Alterburner

View Profile
    February 10, 2016, 02:42:55 PM

And there I was just minding my own business and somebody just had to come and re~e~ekt me.

https://i.imgur.com/BK6Uon1.png

I have been getting that same "problem", but, to me, the worst part is NOT being attacked, that is a part of "ANY" game related to this category, but the TIME-SPAN between attacks: According to what I know so far, jumps take 10 minutes to cooldown, and the attacks are on a 1minute timespan.
    They should be at the very least in 2 minute timespans, for us to have at least a 2 minute window to bail out in case of a missed attack lol.
    toecutter (OP)

SatoshiGalaxy

View Profile WWW
    February 11, 2016, 11:49:39 AM

Yes, that would help greatly. Regarding cycling through the job, do you mean that a new job is generated when another job disappears or is completed? Shouldn't the generation of a new job be timed independently of current jobs?

Also, how long does it currently take for dismissed/failed to disappear from my profile? When the job expires? That'd suck for failed jobs that are due to getting destroyed since the player didn't have any say in that.

New jobs are generated on the stations when there are empty slots for them. They are independent from jobs held by players, but that wouldn't stop someone to "eat out" all of them via dismissing.

As for your second question, yes, sadly, that's correct. That will be fine-tuned, but not to the "10 minute" value, more likely to something like "3 hours", or somewhere along the lines. I'll keep you posted.

I have been getting that same "problem", but, to me, the worst part is NOT being attacked, that is a part of "ANY" game related to this category, but the TIME-SPAN between attacks: According to what I know so far, jumps take 10 minutes to cooldown, and the attacks are on a 1minute timespan.
    They should be at the very least in 2 minute timespans, for us to have at least a 2 minute window to bail out in case of a missed attack lol.

No, that's not correct. NPC attacks respect the weapon cooldowns imposed by their equipment. So i.e. with a 10-minute cooldown weapon, said NPC would only be able to attack every 10 minutes. If you're lucky, you can bypass many unsafe sectors without being attacked at all.

Also, they don't all attack you at once, nor want to, there's an "aggravate" feature, which also gives you a chance to sneak by. And there's going to be additional equipment that would make it even easier, but don't hold your breath for this.

We're pretty happy with current PvE balance.

toecutter (OP)

SatoshiGalaxy

View Profile WWW
    February 11, 2016, 12:32:13 PM

Whelp, our login system was down for half a day. That sucked.

Fixed now, sorry for the downtime.

foolcool808

Activity: 51

View Profile
    February 12, 2016, 06:26:51 PM

i can't register...
    show This IP address is blocked ??
    help me please
    toecutter (OP)

SatoshiGalaxy

View Profile WWW
    February 12, 2016, 09:34:37 PM
    Last edit: February 12, 2016, 10:33:56 PM by toecutter

i can't register...
    show This IP address is blocked ??
    help me please

Hello, foolcool808.

Please send me a PM with your IP address.

donaldbitcoin

Activity: 714

TomyGame.com => Win Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
    February 12, 2016, 09:45:42 PM

i love bitcoin sites which are based on games.
    your site looks good but it's little complex.

i'll check it again because last time i checked i was in hurry and i didn't understand it  Grin

▓▓▓ ➤ Top Paying Bitcoin Site ▓▓▓▓▓▓ Best Bitcoin Scripts for Website Owners ▓▓▓
    capcher

View Profile
    February 14, 2016, 08:55:01 AM
    Last edit: February 14, 2016, 12:32:42 PM by capcher

As for your second question, yes, sadly, that's correct. That will be fine-tuned, but not to the "10 minute" value, more likely to something like "3 hours", or somewhere along the lines. I'll keep you posted.

I hope you mean min(expiry time, 3 hours)? It'd be bad if I have to wait 3 hours after dismissing a job that's going to expire in 30 mins.

Req: Adding sound + reload when fully repaired

It'd be nice to have a sound played and have the page reloaded automatically when your ship gets fully repaired after being wrecked. Ideally the sound file would be different from the one when your mining lasers get recharged.

Req: Non-refreshing chat message

It's odd that the entire page reloads when you broadcast a chat message.

Req: Docking/Liftoff button

I see that you've made docking/liftoff buttons accessible in every tab. But can you make it more visible (right now it blends too well with the background. That and the "info" button) and nicer? I'm thinking of controls we have on the top-right corner of file manager or browser windows.

Req: Showing the minutes in job description

Job descriptions typically don't show the minutes unless there is less than 1h left. But there can be a significant difference between say 1h 58m and 1h 0m (both showing up 1 hour left in the current scheme), so I think it'd be helpful to show the minutes all the time.

Req: Showing the limits

There are limits

• on the number of items you can place in the marketplace (5 or 6?)
    • on the number of jobs you can take (6)

I think it'd be nice if the limit is displayed somewhere so that we don't have to perform an action and wait for the page to reload only to error out on the limit.

Bug: farther distance, less reward

Came across an odd situation in Alfecca Meridiana outpost

Sualocin is 1 sector away, Algol is 6 sectors away, yet the reward for the former is double that of the latter. Doesn't seem to make sense.

Bug: typo in planet module

"warf" should be "wharf"

Bug: cooldown of newly mounted mining laser

After buying a new mining laser, I unmounted one of the older ones to mount this new one, meanwhile the other (still-mounted) is still cooling down.

After mounting the new one, the cooldown time got shifted to the new one instead, i.e. it shows the newly mounted mining laser to be in the midst of cooling down.

creepland

Activity: 420
    Merit: 250

View Profile
    February 14, 2016, 11:09:02 AM

I don't understand that game. Tried with tutorial but nothing. ;dd

toecutter (OP)

SatoshiGalaxy

View Profile WWW
    February 14, 2016, 01:24:01 PM

i love bitcoin sites which are based on games.
    your site looks good but it's little complex.

i'll check it again because last time i checked i was in hurry and i didn't understand it  ;D

Hello, donaldcoin.

Your faucets are legendary :) I hope you'll find the game interesting on a closer look.

I don't understand that game. Tried with tutorial but nothing. ;dd

Hello, creepland.

Thanks for your feedback. Feel free to ask any clarifying questions.

I hope you mean min(expiry time, 3 hours)? It'd be bad if I have to wait 3 hours after dismissing a job that's going to expire in 30 mins.

Good point, that's how it should work.

Req: Adding sound + reload when fully repaired
    Req: Non-refreshing chat message
    Req: Docking/Liftoff button
    Req: Showing the minutes in job description
    Bug: typo in planet module (warf=>wharf)

No comments, all good ideas (or correct bugs), will be implemented.

Req: Showing the limits

There are limits

• on the number of items you can place in the marketplace (5 or 6?)
    • on the number of jobs you can take (6)

I think it'd be nice if the limit is displayed somewhere so that we don't have to perform an action and wait for the page to reload only to error out on the limit.

Agreed. FYI, trade limit is 5 + Trading Skill, job limit is 5 + Nav Skill.

Bug: farther distance, less reward

Came across an odd situation in Alfecca Meridiana outpost

Sualocin is 1 sector away, Algol is 6 sectors away, yet the reward for the former is double that of the latter. Doesn't seem to make sense.

That is a problem which I readily admit, but can't promise fixes right away. We're currently not doing our best job when calculating distance between sectors. There's a plan to rewrite that bit of code.

Bug: cooldown of newly mounted mining laser

After buying a new mining laser, I unmounted one of the older ones to mount this new one, meanwhile the other (still-mounted) is still cooling down.

After mounting the new one, the cooldown time got shifted to the new one instead, i.e. it shows the newly mounted mining laser to be in the midst of cooling down.

As far as I know, you shouldn't be able to unmount equipment that is still cooling down. Filed.

Thanks for the extensive bug report/request list, that's appreciated!

capcher

View Profile
    February 14, 2016, 03:42:39 PM
    Last edit: February 15, 2016, 12:09:46 AM by capcher

As far as I know, you shouldn't be able to unmount equipment that is still cooling down. Filed.

That's not what I meant. So let's say I have Mining Laser ML1 and Mining Laser ML2. ML1 is cooling down whereas ML2 is ready.

I replaced ML2 with a new mining laser ML3. But then ML3 and ML1's status gets switched, i.e. ML3 gets ML1's cooldown time whereas ML1 is shown as ready.

Req: Bitcointalk thread

I think the link to this thread should be a bit more prominent in the UI. I mean, right now it's buried deep in the FAQ, but I think you should make them easier to find. In general, I think it's good practice to make "Contact Us"-type links easy to find.   

Bug: Equipment disappears from view after fully recharged

To reproduce the issue, just use something that has a cooldown timer e.g. Mining Laser. Go to a tab where there is an Equipment section. Wait until the equipment recharges. You'll see that the item has disappeared from view.
    Valareos

Activity: 276
    Merit: 10

BitSong is decentralized music streaming platform.

View Profile
    February 15, 2016, 12:35:40 AM

If I refine, and have my inventory full of ore, it tells me I can not refine due to full inventory, even though the ore is going to be used.

Is this something that will change in future?

BITSONG  ▌ THE FIRST DECENTRALIZED MUSIC STREAMING PLATFORM
    ▅ ▉ ▇ ▃ ▅   THE NEW MUSIC STREAMING ERA   ▅ ▃ ▇ ▉ ▅   PUBLIC SALE is LIVE
    [ Telegram ➭ ChannelGroup ]   Whitepaper   Facebook   Twitter   Github   Medium   ANN
    toecutter (OP)

SatoshiGalaxy

View Profile WWW
    February 15, 2016, 01:32:35 PM

That's not what I meant. So let's say I have Mining Laser ML1 and Mining Laser ML2. ML1 is cooling down whereas ML2 is ready.

I replaced ML2 with a new mining laser ML3. But then ML3 and ML1's status gets switched, i.e. ML3 gets ML1's cooldown time whereas ML1 is shown as ready.

Hrm, weird. :/

Req: Bitcointalk thread
    Bug: Equipment disappears from view after fully recharged

Filed, thank you! (I've personally seen that bug, but forgot to file it)

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 100 »
      Print  

Jump to: