Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:19:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 100 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SatoshiGalaxy - Browser MMORPG + BTC Faucet {FOR SALE}  (Read 109674 times)
Przemax

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 04:15:57 AM

Yes thank you it worked. I thought that linking might be a problem but i wasnt sure you could cancel it before res is done. It is kind of unituitive interface that lacks of any cancelling button. I needed to just delete the name manually.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
5leepyJoe

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 11:15:40 AM

What is going on with the UI?

Everything is wrapping to the left of the screen and getting pushed down.

Oh, hey, thanks for the report! Fixed.

I completely forgot to reply. Thank you for fixing it so quickly.

5leepyJoe

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 10:01:57 PM
Last edit: August 22, 2016, 03:48:39 PM by 5leepyJoe

Hi toecutter,

I've been playing all day and everything was working just fine, but tonight suddenly the captcha is throwing a bunch of errors and looks like it struggles to load up, and my CPU points only go up by 7.

First time this is happening to me, Super weird and super random.

EDIT: [August 22, 2016, 05:47PM] After continuing to only give me 7 points per CPU claim all day, it has now reverted back to giving me the correct amount.  Cheesy

toecutter (OP)

Activity: 622

SatoshiGalaxy

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2016, 08:42:01 PM

Update!

• [BUG] Pulse weapons do not work at all. (@ ?)
  • [ENC] Add filters to Factory/blueprint windows. (@ ?)
  • [ENC] Add ability to specify destination slot when merging items. (@5leepyJoe)
  • [ENC] Warehouse loading/unloading now respects destination slot.
  • [ENC] Add "clear" button to Laboratory uplinking window. (@Przemax)
  • [ENC] Make mining bonus more gradual over danger.
  • [ENC] DOGE!
  • [BUG] Hints do not respect user preferences.*
  • [BUG] Bounty is rewarded per-hit instead of per-person.
  • [BUG] UI is still wrapping incorrectly on some mobile/webkit devices. [?]

*You will probably see some hints you have already seen. Just close them, this is a one-time thing.

5leepyJoe, please send me an e-mail/PM if you keep experiencing CPU rate problems.

SatoshiGalaxy - MMORPG Faucet - No investments - Satoshi payouts.
Przemax

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 09:47:18 PM

I personaly dont think that the game has anything to do with Dogecoin. It makes game more of a joke to some. The idea of a game is very bold and good and thats why it should refrain from things that are not so serious.
mrrkuchc

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 11:11:46 PM

Dear Toecutter,

What are the purpose of equipment nodes and cargo modules now on the market? Do they add extra equipment/cargo slots? and if so can they be added to the newbie ship? Thanks!
5leepyJoe

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 11:24:48 PM

5leepyJoe, please send me an e-mail/PM if you keep experiencing CPU rate problems.

Thank you, I will do that if it happens again  Smiley

Update!

• [ENC] DOGE!

Could you please elaborate on this? Would it just be an addition to the type of withdrawals that can be made or is the game currency now entirely based on doge coin instead of BTC?

toecutter (OP)

SatoshiGalaxy

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2016, 01:43:34 AM

Dear Toecutter,

What are the purpose of equipment nodes and cargo modules now on the market? Do they add extra equipment/cargo slots? and if so can they be added to the newbie ship? Thanks!

Hello, mrrkuchc!

No, there are currently no items in the game that can be directly applied to your ship (for upgrades or other effects).

Could you please elaborate on this? Would it just be an addition to the type of withdrawals that can be made or is the game currency now entirely based on doge coin instead of BTC?

Ugh, trust me, I would've made a much larger post on such an occasion :) In fact, thinking something like that is even possible shows a deep misunderstanding of our principles :( But I don't blame you, it's entirely my own fault, shows how good at communication I am. To make up for it, I'll try my best to explain this feature (without spoiling too much).

But to clear up,
NO, SatoshiGalaxy is not going to switch to DOGE (or LTC, or ETH or whatever). Not now, not ever.
You can quote me on that.

I personaly dont think that the game has anything to do with Dogecoin. It makes game more of a joke to some. The idea of a game is very bold and good and thats why it should refrain from things that are not so serious.

It is a bit of a joke, even to us. "Blog post" follows, but TL;DR version for you is that if you absolutely and uncompromisingly hate dogecoin, could you please find it in your heart and ignore it?

So the main point here is that we are always on a lookout for things that make in-game economy more dynamic. Our reliance on BTC is one such "fun" thing, because it adds real world as an entropy source. So we always toyed with an idea of adding other cryptocoins into the mix.

In the meantime we were developing (a bit of strong word, huh) a new item, that was supposed to fit in a very important niche in the ingredient hierarchy. By a happy(?) accident, this item and the newly introduced crypto are one and the same.

Lastly (to answer "why DOGE"), people have repeatedly asked us for withdrawals in this coin. Apparently, some other game(s) accepts them as deposits, and people don't want to pay the exchange fees for dust, and such. A bit esoteric, and probably completely unneeded. But we want to be a part of larger crypto community (which includes DOGE, love it or hate it) and it was easy enough to implement, thanks to faucetbox. If this motivates people to withdraw more, the better.

Yes, you can withdraw those ridiculous coins directly to your wallets.
You don't have to, it's just an option.
No, it's not a good alternative to an exchange, you'll loose about 50% or even more.
You can hold on to them, maybe they'll go into orbit one day?

Some random notes, not to convince anyone, but just to make our line of thinking more clear:
- DOGE is associated with "fun and games"
- DOGE has a pretty good reputation (no black markets, etc)
- More memetic than LTC, probably the second most known coin

I really and honestly do appreciate the notion of our in-game copper ore being more valuable than doge coins (as one E-Mail eloquently put it).

One is only good as long as SG is good, the other will probably survive a bit longer, thanks to all the miners (but we'll see about that). I promise you, that
the day DOGE falls down to 0 satoshi we'll be removing it and changing to some other coin. But we do want some other coin to exist right inside the game world, as a game item, for reasons explained above.

Seriously, though, that level of trust and appreciation of the in-game world is something we're really happy to see. All the DOGE hate has been heard and will be evaluated. It's a bit of a shocker, really, we were hoping for a much more positive response, but, well, point taken.

Oh, and despite the recent bounty bug (yikes, our programmer got scolded), our policies regarding Players' satoshi balances are very strict. Unless the situation is absolutely critical, we would never touch someone's balance. There are several in-game mechanisms that prevent us from tampering with that number (for example, gifts are issued in form of items).

Silently going and converting all that into DOGE (or into whatever) would breach like 15 of our principles at the same time.

This is a BTC game, and BTC is life. Maybe I haven't expressed that enough (or ever), but we're all BTC fanatics. We don't hold any (serious) DOGE, nor have any stake in it, nor condone it's usage.

Final question. Do you guys hate all altcoins equally? Would LTC been better than DOGE? Just collecting some data here.

mrrkuchc

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 03:07:12 AM

The BUF 100 Shield generator was nerfed- it only generates between 12 and 18 shield at random rather than the consistent 25 that it used to, which is rather frustrating because it costs 50 energy to operate, *and* the shield depletes 1 per minute. Was this nerf intentional?
toecutter (OP)

SatoshiGalaxy

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2016, 05:21:27 AM

The BUF 100 Shield generator was nerfed- it only generates between 12 and 18 shield at random rather than the consistent 25 that it used to, which is rather frustrating because it costs 50 energy to operate, *and* the shield depletes 1 per minute. Was this nerf intentional?

Yeah, BUF100 was supposed to be a support item. This nerf discourages its use for tanking and encourages helping out. That being said, you can still get it back to full 25 by leveling up your Recharge skill, and not by much.

Little word of warning - the shielding mechanic is probably going to be fine-tuned some more, as it's very new.

5leepyJoe

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 08:13:54 AM

So the main point here is that we are always on a lookout for things that make in-game economy more dynamic. Our reliance on BTC is one such "fun" thing, because it adds real world as an entropy source. So we always toyed with an idea of adding other cryptocoins into the mix.

In the meantime we were developing (a bit of strong word, huh) a new item, that was supposed to fit in a very important niche in the ingredient hierarchy. By a happy(?) accident, this item and the newly introduced crypto are one and the same.

Lastly (to answer "why DOGE"), people have repeatedly asked us for withdrawals in this coin. Apparently, some other game(s) accepts them as deposits, and people don't want to pay the exchange fees for dust, and such. A bit esoteric, and probably completely unneeded. But we want to be a part of larger crypto community (which includes DOGE, love it or hate it) and it was easy enough to implement, thanks to faucetbox. If this motivates people to withdraw more, the better.

Yes, you can withdraw those ridiculous coins directly to your wallets.
You don't have to, it's just an option.
No, it's not a good alternative to an exchange, you'll loose about 50% or even more.
You can hold on to them, maybe they'll go into orbit one day?

Some random notes, not to convince anyone, but just to make our line of thinking more clear:
- DOGE is associated with "fun and games"
- DOGE has a pretty good reputation (no black markets, etc)
- More memetic than LTC, probably the second most known coin

I really and honestly do appreciate the notion of our in-game copper ore being more valuable than doge coins (as one E-Mail eloquently put it).

One is only good as long as SG is good, the other will probably survive a bit longer, thanks to all the miners (but we'll see about that). I promise you, that
the day DOGE falls down to 0 satoshi we'll be removing it and changing to some other coin. But we do want some other coin to exist right inside the game world, as a game item, for reasons explained above.

Seriously, though, that level of trust and appreciation of the in-game world is something we're really happy to see. All the DOGE hate has been heard and will be evaluated. It's a bit of a shocker, really, we were hoping for a much more positive response, but, well, point taken.

Oh, and despite the recent bounty bug (yikes, our programmer got scolded), our policies regarding Players' satoshi balances are very strict. Unless the situation is absolutely critical, we would never touch someone's balance. There are several in-game mechanisms that prevent us from tampering with that number (for example, gifts are issued in form of items).

Silently going and converting all that into DOGE (or into whatever) would breach like 15 of our principles at the same time.

This is a BTC game, and BTC is life. Maybe I haven't expressed that enough (or ever), but we're all BTC fanatics. We don't hold any (serious) DOGE, nor have any stake in it, nor condone it's usage.

Final question. Do you guys hate all altcoins equally? Would LTC been better than DOGE? Just collecting some data here.

Hi toecutter,

Thank you so much for clearing up any confusion regarding this matter. I think most of us just feel like doge has almost zero value in a monetary and marketability sense. I would not be able to get people to join SG if the game currency was valued in doge. In fact it would have better marketability if you switched to an in-game currency with no real monetary value, rather than switching to doge. I know this sounds harsh but it is unfortunately the truth.

I went to bed last night with a foul taste in my mouth thinking doge would become the new currency value. But alas my faith in SG has been reconfirmed   Grin

In terms of adding other alt coins, if it is merely as an addition in terms of withdrawal options I say go for it. It would certainly draw more attention from different crypto groups if they can withdraw in their preferred coin. But the connection to BTC and its value as well as user base insuring, for the time being, its future existence is what is its biggest attraction.

Just to clarify, I don't intend on most likely ever withdrawing from the site. But knowing there is some sort of value attached to the hours spent grinding away to achieve that next 'short term' in-game goal is satisfying. Nuking that value would be telling your users them and their time doesn't matter to you, and I think that is why you will see a lot of angered response to the announcement of doge being implemented in the game.

Again, thank you for clearing up the doge statement and giving us peace of mind. Keep up the excellent work dev team!

Regards,
5leepyJoe

black_wulf

Activity: 147

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 01:50:50 PM

Hey,
Could you please add a Confirm button for expensive Items?
Because i bought accidentally a repair array and lost 10k satoshi -.-

greetings
5leepyJoe

View Profile
August 25, 2016, 10:25:58 AM

Dear Toecutter,

I was hoping toe cutter would explain this to you, but here goes:

equipment nodes and cargo modules are parts needed to build a ship, if you happen to have a blueprint for any kind of ship. They are not for adding extra modules to existing ships.

Also you probably can't add more of them to a ship you are building than the original ships have. For instance, you won't be able to build a Buccaneer (starter ship) with 6 cargo slots. You would still only be able to build it with 4 slots.

I hope this clears up your confusion.

5leepyJoe

View Profile
August 25, 2016, 10:28:49 AM

Were skills nerfed in the previous update?

Since the update a few days ago my crafting effectiveness has gone down a heck of a lot. I was just getting to the point where the grind was starting to feel a bit more manageable, and now it feels like I am starting the game all over again.

toecutter (OP)

SatoshiGalaxy

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2016, 03:02:12 PM

Again, thank you for clearing up the doge statement and giving us peace of mind. Keep up the excellent work dev team!

Really glad I could help, and I've learned my lesson too. Never skim on announcements when the change [might be perceived as/actually is] drastic.

Hey,
Could you please add a Confirm button for expensive Items?
Because i bought accidentally a repair array and lost 10k satoshi -.-

greetings

Hello, black_wulf!

Thanks for the feedback. Sorry for your misfortune :( The confirmation dialog is doable, I'll add it to the TODO list. But I'll be honest, the priority for this is going to be the lowest possible, as this is a mistake that is easy enough to avoid.

I was hoping toe cutter would explain this to you

Sorry, I'm not allowed to reveal blueprint recipes, so that question was a bit loaded for me. But I can confirm everything 5leepyJoe said is correct.

Were skills nerfed in the previous update?

Nope, they weren't! The only thing coming to my mind is a tiny bonus that was added to Mining+Prospecting. I'm resorting to "probably your luck" reply for now, but I'll double-check if everything is in order.

Przemax

View Profile
August 25, 2016, 03:08:55 PM

Toe can you reveal how far are we in clearing terebelum-e from pirates? Are we even relativly close to mothership. Is it like 10% 20% or more.

And does the pirate loots got worse? For some brief time it was too good to be true, and now its too bad to be true. Get some stance on this Tongue Dont change it from like hero to zero, and zero to hero in few days Tongue. It f***s with my mind a bit how fast those loot rewards are changing.

And yes you can check i was getting 1 iron plate, 1 copper plate, 1 40nm. Its like pirate loot is back to old pattern.

P.S i dont want to tell you what to do. It was just my sense of humour.
toecutter (OP)

SatoshiGalaxy

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2016, 03:22:37 PM

Toe can you reveal how far are we in clearing terebelum-e from pirates? Are we even relativly close to mothership. Is it like 10% 20% or more.

Ugh, looks like it's ~0.1%, which is weird. It can't be this low. I'm not entirely sure, but something is probably broken, so thanks for the report! I'll get back to you about it.

And does the pirate loots got worse? For some brief time it was too good to be true, and now its too bad to be true. Get some stance on this Tongue Dont change it from like hero to zero, and zero to hero in few days Tongue. It f***s with my mind a bit how fast those loot rewards are changing.

And yes you can check i was getting 1 iron plate, 1 copper plate, 1 40nm. Its like pirate loot is back to old pattern.

The loot pattern has not been changed in quite a while. The only thing changed in that area is the "strange items" category, which was incorrectly introduced, then hastily removed, and finally re-enabled again.

Maybe those were indeed the olden pirates? If you're seeing pirates without the "loot seed", those are definitely old-timers, spawned long long time ago. Please check your hunt rolls.

5leepyJoe

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 02:18:13 PM

Ugh, looks like it's ~0.1%, which is weird. It can't be this low. I'm not entirely sure, but something is probably broken, so thanks for the report! I'll get back to you about it.

The loot pattern has not been changed in quite a while. The only thing changed in that area is the "strange items" category, which was incorrectly introduced, then hastily removed, and finally re-enabled again.

Maybe those were indeed the olden pirates? If you're seeing pirates without the "loot seed", those are definitely old-timers, spawned long long time ago. Please check your hunt rolls.

All this talk about pirates but none of them go "Arrrr!"

5leepyJoe

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 09:08:05 AM

Hey toecutter,

Why has basic engines been removed as a purchasable item? Only impulse engines seem to be available and myself and others checked a heck of a lot of sectors yesterday.

Regards,
5leepyJoe

toecutter (OP)

SatoshiGalaxy

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2016, 10:08:27 AM

Hey toecutter,

Why has basic engines been removed as a purchasable item? Only impulse engines seem to be available and myself and others checked a heck of a lot of sectors yesterday.

Regards,
5leepyJoe

Oh, woah, thanks for the report! Not sure at what point exactly this happened, but yeah, lots of equipment has gone missing from NPC market!

Hopefully fixed now, the effects will only become visible on the next price re-roll.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 100 »
  Print  

Jump to: