Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 09:34:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: .

Pages: « 1 ... 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 [271] 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 ... 541 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][PIVX] - PRIVATE INSTANT VERIFIED TRANSACTION - PROOF OF STAKE - ZEROCOIN  (Read 782114 times)
jakiman
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1011

jakiman is back!

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 10:01:33 PM

Hope this name change is going to result in some new developers coming on board and pushing things forward.

Also why is this community moving off to slack more than being on here?

Let's keep the main action on this forum.

This thread will always be active / updated. But the amount of discussion on slack is just impossible on this forum.
I think we had more amount of posts in slack in the past 2-3 days than every single post in this thread combined.
So yeah, utilizing slack is far better in terms of productivity and participation rate in discussions, polls & support.

BTW, if you can't get on slack, can you get on riot at least? AFAIK, our slack channel is linked to riot also.
https://chat.cryptochat.io/_matrix/client/#/room/#darknet:chat.cryptochat.io

New domain name is being voted on. .org is leading 3+ folds compared to .io so far.
Once the new logo designs has been finalized, we'll have a vote on that later also.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 12:05:49 AM

Pretty much a given we will be moving away from this forum. It is NOT mobile friendly at all. It will be certainly still used for 'official' announcements to the crypto world. But it isn't really suited for every day use.

I believe Slack will remain the CHAT application. People are investigating www.Discourse.org as the new forum app.

We will use Confluence for the Wiki, and Trello/Jira for tasks/tickets.

More to come.

In order to grow, Darknet needs to move forward. We can't just remain stuck in a spot and expect to grow.

Every coin that moved away from this forum has lost momentum. New people discover this board every day dash has sucked a lot of noobs in from this place and having an active thread. I see blocknet and xc are returning and LTC thread is even reawakening. This is crypto central

Glad you moved some out of dash I detest that coin and community. I hope dnet trashes that project.

Lots of dubious decisions being made here but I guess time will tell. If we can attract a larger development team that is the important part.

jakiman
Legendary

jakiman is back!

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 12:42:34 AM

Every coin that moved away from this forum has lost momentum. New people discover this board every day dash has sucked a lot of noobs in from this place and having an active thread. I see blocknet and xc are returning and LTC thread is even reawakening. This is crypto central

Glad you moved some out of dash I detest that coin and community. I hope dnet trashes that project.

Lots of dubious decisions being made here but I guess time will tell. If we can attract a larger development team that is the important part.

Maybe other coins may have had discussions in secret, closed doors etc losing momentum.
I've been a member of some other coin devs teams and that's what happened. Skype etc.

I can tell you that DNET (now PIVX) has gained significant increase in momentum since we started using slack.
More people are joining our slack channel everyday (over 70 now) and getting involved in detailed discussions.
That's just impossible in this forum. It's not as dynamic, accessible nor useful as slack or similar type of tool.

But yeah, this thread isn't going away nor will ignore it.
I will be active here as much as I have been. Wink

Care to elaborate what you are calling dubious decisions and how it could have been done better? We can only learn.

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 01:15:01 AM

Maybe other coins may have had discussions in secret, closed doors etc losing momentum.
I've been a member of some other coin devs teams and that's what happened. Skype etc.

I can tell you that DNET (now PIVX) has gained significant increase in momentum since we started using slack.
More people are joining our slack channel everyday (over 70 now) and getting involved in detailed discussions.
That's just impossible in this forum. It's not as dynamic, accessible nor useful as slack or similar type of tool.

But yeah, this thread isn't going away nor will ignore it.
I will be active here as much as I have been. Wink

Care to elaborate what you are calling dubious decisions and how it could have been done better? We can only learn.

Perhaps they only look dubious due to me not visiting slack. Im a believer in this board.

However if you say slack is paying off for dnet then I will wait and see. The main thing is to get more devs so we can complete more of the roadmap targets as fast as possible.

If there are devs that are going to join that previously would not under the dnet name then fair enough for changing the name.

As a person using this board as primary contact it seem dubious that there was no poll ...one for changing the name in the first place and further for voting on the name. I guess it does not effect me too much since I have only a handful of masternodes.

Also that people Id never even seen in this tread before had so much knowledge about what was going on. I guess for pivx you need slack to be in the loop now.

Anyway I will keep all of my coins and add more if the project continues to do well. I hope it will since I really like it so far.

jakiman
Legendary

jakiman is back!

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 01:57:59 AM

I certainly get your concerns. I also have only been mostly on here & twitter only till now.
But as you know, if there are better tools, it's better to use them than not.
Slack, Trello, Jira etc makes project development and team/community collaborations far easier and more efficient.
So the dev tean wanted to ensure that we are using the right tools to not slow us down. I trhink they are right.

There were no polls here but there were on slack. Less manipulation chances on slack IMO.
We also have a poll going on .org or .io doman for PIVX and so far .org is leading by a mile.

There are those who may not like or don't want to have an account on slack. That's understandable.
But then this works both ways. There are others who don't like BCT forums nor want an account here.
So just because it's not openly visible here, it doesn't mean it's dubious or being done in a dodgy way.
It certainly isn't the case nor is anyone trying to be. In fact, it's the opposite! Wink

All I can say is that, this is the most honest hard working team so far. It brings a smile to my face.
I've been part of many other crypto teams and this is in a league of its own. Expect big things. Cool

jakiman
Legendary

jakiman is back!

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 04:22:13 AM
Last edit: January 06, 2017, 12:55:13 AM by jakiman

Web Development Update

pivx.org domain is now live!

Obviously, logo & web site design needs to be updated next as rebranding work progresses.
In addition, following domains has also been secured and redirects to pivx.org. (https soon)
This will cover mis-spelt names if a person heard PIVX verbally but didn't know its speling.

pivex.co
pivex.io
pivex.org
pivix.co
pivix.io
pivix.org
pivx.co
pivx.io

Also, we have new/changed URLs for the following and more will follow:

Github
https://github.com/PIVX-Project/PIVX/releases

Reddit
https://www.reddit.com/r/pivx/

Twitter
https://twitter.com/_pivx

Slack
https://pivx.slack.com

OP will be updated with the new name PIVX & mention of the re-brand that's in progress.
New PIVX forum utilizing http://www.discourse.org/ is planned to be built this month also.

DRPD
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 06:55:36 AM

thanks for keeping us up to date here on bitcointalk jakiman!
jakiman
Legendary

jakiman is back!

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 07:28:59 AM

thanks for keeping us up to date here on bitcointalk jakiman!

Glad to help out. I'll always be around here that's for sure. Cool

Pffrt

Activity: 1372
Merit: 322

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 08:28:13 AM

All, I can understand and in many ways, agree with some of your concerns and compaints.

But please keep in mind that this BCT thread is not the only place of DNET community activity nor should be.
In fact, we have far more people being active on Slack to fill pages and pages of this forum thread every day.

We have posted here multiple times for everyone who care about the coin to participate on the vote.
We have posted on Slack multiple times to remind people to join the vote also.
We wanted people in crypto to vote but also those who aren't to get a better non-biased feedback.
Hence the decision to not utilize MNO voting but involve far more people via secure anonymous poll.
I'm quite certain that most DNET masternode whales have voted. So they have not missed out. Cool

Also, another reason was that a good name, if it's this publicly listed here, will be taken by name poachers long before poll gets finished.
If you have a great name suggestion, make sure you buy all the .com, .org etc domains as well as secure all the SNS and forum ID's etc.
That costs a lot of money and time. We have secured many domain names out of our own pocket. Many that didn't even make this poll!
So yeah, we can go on and on with a new name poll. But keep in mind that it does cost money and also takes away marketing time.

I think I'll always have reservations with any new name. I really liked "DNET" myself. But I guess that's coz I got used to it.
Thanks to a community member forking out a lot of money, we have a professional marketing company doing this for us.
Whatever new name we get, once a "good" logo & artwork is made for it, and we let it sink in, I'm sure it will be fine. Grin

BTW, we have had many discussions in slack about how to improve governance as we know it needs improvement.
We have ideas (In-wallet voting but not just MNO's etc) but not enough devs to make it happen any time soon.
If any of you are able to assist with improving the current Masternode Voting system, please PM me or s3v3nh4cks. Smiley

Thanks for the explanation, that sounds perfectly reasonable. I agree that any name change will probably be met with a certain amount of resistance and i also think that the new name will be perfectly accepted in the future.
I also agree that the negative annotation of Darknet as a name will hold the coin back, so in general I see this development as very positive.

I also want to add that on slack, development of the coin is widely discussed and everyone has a change to chip in.

So to anyone that feels they are not able to influence the direction coin as much as they would like: please join slack and see how active and open the community really is.

This community is one of the most open and honest i've seen in my 3 years of crypto, and i have complete confidence that this project will be a great succes!
kbhutto

Activity: 1274
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 09:08:29 AM

IMO, not having pivx.com will be a major drawback... .COM is must, even if we don't use it. Majority of normal users will first go to pivx.com or even search "pivx.com" in Google.

There is a typo in the thread title "PROFESSIONAL REBRANDING TO [PRVX] "   PRVX or PIVX?
jakiman
Legendary

jakiman is back!

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 09:30:36 AM

IMO, not having pivx.com will be a major drawback... .COM is must, even if we don't use it. Majority of normal users will first go to pivx.com or even search "pivx.com" in Google.

There is a typo in the thread title "PROFESSIONAL REBRANDING TO [PRVX] "   PRVX or PIVX?

I don't think that's an issue at all. DASH doesn't have dash.com either.
Heck, we didn't have darknet.com either but you are still here right? Wink

Good find! It is supposed to be PIVX. I'll notify s3v3nh4cks to update it asap.

kbhutto

Activity: 1274

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 09:37:53 AM

There is a typo in the thread title "PROFESSIONAL REBRANDING TO [PRVX] "   PRVX or PIVX?

I don't think that's an issue at all. DASH doesn't have dash.com either.
Heck, we didn't have darknet.com either but you are still here right? Wink

Good find! It is supposed to be PIVX. I'll notify s3v3nh4cks to update it asap.

I am here because I am a day-one adopter Cheesy Not having pivx.com may confuse new adopters.
jakiman
Legendary

jakiman is back!

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 10:23:44 AM

I am here because I am a day-one adopter Cheesy Not having pivx.com may confuse new adopters.

Yeah. But if you google, there is zero results for pivx right now.
So as long as new adopters can google pivx, all should be fine. Wink
(that's once our website is indexed and comes up on google)

EStanek

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 03:03:24 PM

Yep. Checking for the number of hits on Google was one of the check list items the branding firm did. There are a bunch of other items they checked for, that I would never have thought to do if I was picking a new name myself. It was very much an education going through the name selection process. I have much more respect for how difficult it really is now. There are a lot of "gotcha's" to watch out for.
q327K091
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 04:16:42 PM
Last edit: January 05, 2017, 04:46:26 PM by q327K091

I continue to be amazed, an order was is sitting @ 7.5 BTC and no one sold... (and BTC was climbing rapidly with no end in sight, so a big temptation I am sure) but BTC is now in retraction mode driven by the future calls...  dash retracted too..

and folks are trying to get up to 200K in chunks.. but no takers... anyways.. good stuff

next immediate target (where folks condensate) is @ 0.00001176 and + (so like x 1.5 price now)

even from the trading perspective this is cool even to watch (or do)

I won't be surprised if someone comes along soon and swallows everything up to @ 0.00001176 and beyond in one grab watch!

it is "red massacre" now out there for many alt-coins , not here lol, there is a de-allocation going on or will be to alts all across so brace yourselves

and finally, mn's are steadily crunching 16 dnet payouts each.. quickly checking mn's overall count... with @ 0.00001176 would be approx.. 1 BTC / month off % although with BTC going down.. but then again pivx should balance in the upwards direction

lookin good gents!

115 BTC worth of pivx hs been locked in so far in master nodes with steady payouts of 16 pivx per node per day... awesome
Haunebu81

Activity: 525
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 05:47:40 PM

Wow, less than $100 worth for sale under 1000 Satoshi on Bittrex.
jakiman
Legendary

jakiman is back!

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 08:59:57 PM

Oops. Correction on the acronym meaning of PIVX. Tongue

It stands for Private Instant Verified Transaction.

PumpMyCoin

Activity: 280

www.pumpmycoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2017, 10:18:53 PM

Dear DARKNET Investors-Developers

We would love to announce that your coin has been added to PumpMyCoin community public Votes.
you can participate in this vote on www.pumpmycoin.com to nominate your coin for the next PUMP.

sincerely
PumpMyCoin Team
We Pump But Never Dump

PUMPDUMP
███
███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███
███
           ▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████████▄▄
     ▄███████████████████████████▄
   ▄███████████████████████████████▄
  ▄█████████████████████████████████▄
 ▄███████████████████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████████████████████▀
 ▀███████████████████████████████████▀
  ▀█████████████████████████████████▀
   ▀███████████████████████████████▀
     ▀███████████████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀
███
███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███
███
{}{}
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 10:58:27 AM

let's keep this thread alive. I know most have moved to slack but really this thread is just as important.

borris123

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 01:36:38 PM

theres loads going on. there is a trello page of loads of tasks. I have just made it public so people can view it.

if you feel you can help on any of the tasks please say.

https://trello.com/pivx

We are also looking for someone to code U2F into the wallet. If you are up to the task please say.

Bounties are available and people are willing to fund major development so if you will do something but want paying to do it just say.
Pages: « 1 ... 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 [271] 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 ... 541 »
  Print  

Jump to: