Bitcoin Forum
December 12, 2017, 11:32:59 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Poll
Question: I will be posting the DNET Price on the twitter at a set interval. Please vote for the frequency I will post it, I Want to lessen the complains of over activity.. Smiley
every 15 min - 44 (13.3%)
every 30 min - 18 (5.4%)
every hour - 63 (19%)
every 2 hours - 28 (8.4%)
every 4 hours - 179 (53.9%)
Total Voters: 332

Pages: « 1 ... 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 [462] 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][PIVX] - PRIVATE INSTANT VERIFIED TRANSACTION - POS 2.0 - ZEROCOIN PROTOCOL  (Read 690793 times)
birdonthewire

Activity: 61

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 11:23:21 AM

It is already too much time between doubts and confusion.

An unforeseen problem arose during roll-out, which is currently being resolved. It has taken around one week so far, during which time multiple release-candidate wallets have been posted for testing. While there is not yet a final release, the network has stabilized further with each new release, so progress is being made. There has been no shortage of information about the issues and the efforts to resolve them, both from the community and from the dev team. As a community, we know what's going on; we just don't know how long it will take.

My question is, what more do you want? Shit happens sometimes. Sure it would have been better if there was no problem in the first place, but it is what it is. Maybe it will take a week, or two weeks, or a month to resolve this--or maybe it will never be resolved; who knows--but only in the crazy world of crypto would a week be considered "too much time" to resolve problems related to implementing something that has literally never been done before.

I think I strongly disagree with most of your value judgments, deeply, beginning with what can be considered an unforeseen event or not. But I do not think that right now brings anything positive that debate. I understand that all that is needed is to overcome a problem that in practice blocks the most elementary operation of the project.

So back to your question, what I want is information as objective as possible to overcome it ... for which to channel it through jakiman seems to me, by aseptic , honest and concise, the most appropriate official choice among the ones I know until I reach the step definitive technique that we hope to arrive with the official wallet based on the existing intermediates right now.

A greeting.
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
revilo

Activity: 260

★ BitClave $22M/$25M on pre-sale ★

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 01:24:44 PM

My unofficial update...
- PIVX PoS network is starting to stabilize with the latest release candidate RC2 wallet. (on github)
- Final stable wallet will be released once ready. Then exchange wallets will go online. ETA soon.

Just FYI:
Since 3.0.0, there are 2 new folders in the data folder. Sporks & Zerocoin.
Make sure to keep a backup of these also when making your own snapshot.
It is for deterministic blockchain databasing and are not private info.
Fresh sync without them can cause going off onto forks much easier.

Also, due to how zerocoin works. Whenever you mint zPIV, the secret key is stored on your wallet.dat at that time.
As it is not associated with any of your existing addresses, your previous wallet.dat backups won't know about it.
So keep a backup of your latest wallet.dat whenever you mint zPIV. (PIVX wallet will auto-backup each time also)

@revilo
Zerocoin protocol has been implemented and is already active. (zPIV)
But we recently had a network issue which delayed its proper launch.

Thank you jakiman. I am quite new to this coin and want to get more involved now.

,'+██':                 
              ,█████████████;             
            .██████████████████           
            .████████████████████         
         █  .███;         ,███████.       
        ██  .█+              '█████'      
      `███  .█+    ,;'':       █████+     
      ████  .█+ ███████████,    ,████+    
     █████  .████████████████,    ████,   
    ██████  .██████████████████   `████   
   ;██████  .█████`      '██████  .█████  
   ████ ██  .███           :████████████. 
  +███  ██  .█.     `..      ████████████ 
  ████  ██  .    .███████'    ███████████`
 ,███   ██      ███████████    ███████████
 ████   ██     █████████████`  `██████████
 ███;  ███    ███████████████   ██████████`
 ███   ███   .████████████████  `█████████'
,███   ███   █████████████████   ██████████
'███  ,███   █████████████████:  ██████████
+███  ;███  `██████████████████  ██████████
████  '███  .██████████████████  +█████████
████  '███  .██████████████████  +█████████
'███  :███   █████████████████'  ██████████
:███   ███   █████████████████   ██████████
 ███   ███'  '████████████████   ██████████
 ███,  ████   ███████████████`  ██████████,
 ████  ,███:  `█████████████+   ██████████
 ;███   ████   `███████████+   ███████████
  ███'  .████    █████████`   +██████████;
  ████   █████     :███'     +███████████ 
   ████   █████`            ████████████+ 
   ████,   ██████`        +█████. +█████  
    ████    █████████++████████`   ████.  
    .████    ;████████████████    █████   
     '████`    +████████████     █████    
      +████+     `'█████+.     .█████     
       +█████.                ██████      
        ,██████;           .███████       
          █████████':,:;█████████.        
           ,███████████████████+          
             .███████████████;            
                `'████████,               
one_direction

Activity: 33

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 10:16:05 PM

2. Initial 3.0.0 wallet had a bug where it caused more than 10% being auto-minted into zPIV.
That issue has since been fixed. Current 3.0.4 RC does not do that and now keeps it at 10%.
But if you are over that, it won't auto-revert excess zPIV back to PIV. So need to do it manually.
e.g. From the Privacy tab, send zPIV back to your address. It will then convert it back to PIV.

so i have to enter my own PIVX adress at Privacy tab for receiving Privacy zPIV into PIVx again?

wallet does not sync so i have to delete whole blockchain?

EleanorZ

Activity: 245

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 11:20:27 PM

Is anyone else receiving rewards without them showing up as transactions? I started staking again yesterday just to test things out, and since then my balance has increased by 14 PIV, yet I only have one transaction for 2.06 PIV listed since October 20 (i.e., before the shit hit the fan). I can't decide if they're staking rewards that just aren't showing up in transactions, or if the system is still sorting out transactions from the past week (i.e., maybe some that were formerly listed as a "?" are being 'found' again or something?).
raspracehorse

Activity: 25

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 01:36:07 AM

Need Chinese translation
Lercker

Activity: 261

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 04:54:55 AM

Need Chinese translation
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1815135.0
jakiman
Legendary

Activity: 1064

jakiman is back!

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 05:07:59 AM

2. Initial 3.0.0 wallet had a bug where it caused more than 10% being auto-minted into zPIV.
That issue has since been fixed. Current 3.0.4 RC does not do that and now keeps it at 10%.
But if you are over that, it won't auto-revert excess zPIV back to PIV. So need to do it manually.
e.g. From the Privacy tab, send zPIV back to your address. It will then convert it back to PIV.

so i have to enter my own PIVX adress at Privacy tab for receiving Privacy zPIV into PIVx again?

wallet does not sync so i have to delete whole blockchain?

That's correct for your first question. You can re-spend the zPIV you own back to your own address as PIV.
As for the syncing, run 3.0.4 RC3 and see if you are on right chain. (how to check is also in below post)
https://forum.pivx.org/t/pivx-core-wallet-3-0-4-rc3-release-10-25-2017/2596

You can follow me on Twitter for the latest PIVX news & updates: https://twitter.com/jakimanboy
cryptophil

Activity: 70

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 06:14:08 AM

My Pivx new wallet died on me not sycning anymore, need help!

To stake or not to stake! Be stake or be there!
Starving_Marvin

Activity: 330

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2017, 10:14:23 AM

The wallet links aren't working @ https://pivx.org/wallet/ nor on OP.
Where can I download 64-bit win wallet?
Gives a very crappy first impression about Pivx, when you aren't even able to download a wallet...

✯ Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain ✯ -- Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
berron

Activity: 641

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 10:24:33 AM

Gives a very crappy first impression about Pivx, when you aren't even able to download a wallet...
Gives a very crappy first impression about a user, when he isn't even able to download a wallet...

Push here in:

PIVX DESKTOP WALLETS
10/25/2017 NOTICE: Please avoid using ALL wallets 3.0.3 or below.
Everyone must upgrade to 3.0.4 RC3 wallet.  Download it >HERE<.

Then github link in the new opened page

Download the appropriate v3.0.4 RC3 wallet binary for your OS from the link below.
https://github.com/PIVX-Project/PIVX/releases/tag/v3.0.4rc3

And choose your wallet.

Salute

Edit- That here is in

I'm not ENT dev neither affiliated with EternityGroup in any way. Simply, the coin gives good returns.
Turing

Activity: 420

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 10:25:55 AM

Hey! You are right.

Last week, we had some problems with the 3.0.x release of the wallet, so right now only a "release candidate" wallet is available.

You can find it on GitHub:

https://github.com/PIVX-Project/PIVX/releases

I expect the link on the website to be working again as soon as the final 3.0.x version is released, so I advise to wait for that release.

cosmoo

Activity: 473

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 10:27:56 AM

My PIVX wallet is 4 weeks behind, where can I download the latest Blockchain and what do I do with it once I've downloaded it?

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
|
maioran

Activity: 70

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 10:42:11 AM

weel I think you just have to wait.. but its getting fast Wink

ICO 40% OFF  Δ    Δ  A-TOKEN Index  Δ    Δ  ICO
Oct.10 - Dec.15                            Oct.10 - Dec.15[/b
birdonthewire

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 12:40:09 PM

Gives a very crappy first impression about a user, when he isn't even able to download a wallet...

Enduring a project with his money I do not think it gives a bad image ... and less in the circumstances of incapacity like the current ones. Your disrespectful response. yes.

if you are unable to see the bad image of this project with all this matter, the one that does not work correctly is you, not him.I believe that currently only someone with misinformation would come to support with his money a project like PIVX.

Giving an image of greater capacity would not be bad to start changing that...and that would be good for everyone.
LemonAndFriesOne

Activity: 826

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 04:16:27 PM

All of you fudsters using google translate a few times from language to different language and back to english and posting the response in your sockpuppet account in this thread:

Starving_Marvin

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2017, 04:38:00 PM

Push here in:

PIVX DESKTOP WALLETS
10/25/2017 NOTICE: Please avoid using ALL wallets 3.0.3 or below.
Everyone must upgrade to 3.0.4 RC3 wallet.  Download it >HERE<.

Then github link in the new opened page

Download the appropriate v3.0.4 RC3 wallet binary for your OS from the link below.
https://github.com/PIVX-Project/PIVX/releases/tag/v3.0.4rc3

And choose your wallet.

Salute

Edit- That here is in

So it's the user's fault that they get an 404 error from each wallet link on the OP? Insanity, it would take somebody five seconds to correct the OP. Why can't you take the feedback and do something correct the issue.

✯ Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain ✯ -- Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
birdonthewire

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 04:56:39 PM

@jakiman any confirmation that the official wallet is on the way even for today?
birdonthewire

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 05:14:14 PM

So it's the user's fault that they get an 404 error from each wallet link on the OP? Insanity, it would take somebody five seconds to correct the OP. Why can't you take the feedback and do something correct the issue.

What can generate errors in the user is to massively animate and even tick mandatory updates that require a technical skill that not all have.

Not updating the provisional versions until a definitive one is no disrespect to the community ... on the contrary, it can save many unnecessary errors ... and it is very important that the steps in the good direction are solid, so much for the arrangement of the problem as for the image of seriousness of the project towards users who are not yet inside.

Starving_Marvin

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2017, 05:40:28 PM

What can generate errors in the user is to massively animate and even tick mandatory updates that require a technical skill that not all have.

Not updating the provisional versions until a definitive one is no disrespect to the community ... on the contrary, it can save many unnecessary errors ... and it is very important that the steps in the good direction are solid, so much for the arrangement of the problem as for the image of seriousness of the project towards users who are not yet inside.

I guess there is a misunderstanding. I'll try to be as clear as possible. I personally get angry from 404-errors. If some project, into which I might put money into, gives me plenty of 404-errors (like the OP, without any explanation), I'll likely lose my trust. This is common sense, I don't understand how could somebody argue against it.

Why not add the link for the RC3-wallet version in the OP and gray out the 404-error links? Also, why not gray out the 404-error-links in the website?

birdonthewire

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 07:01:30 PM

I guess there is a misunderstanding. I'll try to be as clear as possible. I personally get angry from 404-errors. If some project, into which I might put money into, gives me plenty of 404-errors (like the OP, without any explanation), I'll likely lose my trust. This is common sense, I don't understand how could somebody argue against it.

Why not add the link for the RC3-wallet version in the OP and gray out the 404-error links? Also, why not gray out the 404-error-links in the website?

It could be my fault, sorry .

My post, more than an allusion to the specific error you comment, was generally in the face of continuous references to user failures, when:

1- A great technical level of the users is not demandable, just as it was not at the moment of investment and entrance to the project.

2- In its limitations, I understand that the users have obeyed the official slogans continuously and executed the arranged means.
Pages: « 1 ... 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 [462] 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.