Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:50:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: .

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 541 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][PIVX] - PRIVATE INSTANT VERIFIED TRANSACTION - PROOF OF STAKE - ZEROCOIN  (Read 782150 times)
Pyramusx

Activity: 379
Merit: 250

Following on Twitter @pyramusx

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2016, 08:42:02 PM

This guy is an attention seeking minow. He couldn't pump a fucking balloon.

That's a fight on my block

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jakiman
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1011

jakiman is back!

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 08:49:26 PM

Thank you for going ahead and following through with submitting a proposal. It wasn't really that hard once you did it, was it?

There are a few problems I see with your proposals.

You propose to change the rewards per block at block 59200, yet don't set any type of a deadline for voting. Typically it set for you, but seeing as how you want to start the change before voting would technically be over, you should probably specify a block to be the deadline for voting.

You also intend to have the change take effect in ~10 days, I think you may need to allow more time before the change would go into effect, I would suggest allowing a week for voting and a week for the change to go into effect, at a minimum, that may even be a little quick. I can make the change in the source quickly, and put out new wallets, but everyone should be given ample opportunity to update their wallets.

With that said, again, regardless of my personal stance on your ideas, thanks for actually submitting proposals, without that type of community involvement no changes to the reward structure or anything else will help to maintain, and increase the value of DarkNet.

Thanks for writing up a guide on how it was done. Made it sound easy enough to give it a go. Smiley
As you noticed, I wasn't sure about the end block. (your syntax didn't mention the end block?)

So the voting needs to be all submitted between the BlockStart & BlockEnd number and won't end before it?
I just assumed all proposals needed to have the same BlockEnd number. I guess I should of made it shorter.

Can I delete a proposal that I submitted?

Also, can a MN make multiple votes? or is it just once per 43200 blocks?

I'll submit some other proposals once I get this down pat. Grin Grin

wonderloops

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 09:03:26 PM

Calm down people.
Calm down!

gnargnar
Legendary

Activity: 1111
Merit: 1000

crypto-enthusiast since 2012

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 09:18:08 PM

Calm down people.
Calm down!

yes, good call!

I will do my part and try my best to not let this pump happen.
be strong
jakiman
Legendary

jakiman is back!

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 09:32:11 PM

Well, my buy orders below 600 sat doesn't look like it's going to be filled anytime soon that's for sure. I miss the days of 200 sat.

StakeBox

Activity: 226

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2016, 09:51:17 PM

Thank you for going ahead and following through with submitting a proposal. It wasn't really that hard once you did it, was it?

You propose to change the rewards per block at block 59200, yet don't set any type of a deadline for voting. Typically it set for you, but seeing as how you want to start the change before voting would technically be over, you should probably specify a block to be the deadline for voting.

You also intend to have the change take effect in ~10 days, I think you may need to allow more time before the change would go into effect, I would suggest allowing a week for voting and a week for the change to go into effect, at a minimum, that may even be a little quick. I can make the change in the source quickly, and put out new wallets, but everyone should be given ample opportunity to update their wallets.

With that said, again, regardless of my personal stance on your ideas, thanks for actually submitting proposals, without that type of community involvement no changes to the reward structure or anything else will help to maintain, and increase the value of DarkNet.

Thanks for writing up a guide on how it was done. Made it sound easy enough to give it a go. Smiley
As you noticed, I wasn't sure about the end block. (your syntax didn't mention the end block?)

So the voting needs to be all submitted between the BlockStart & BlockEnd number and won't end before it?
I just assumed all proposals needed to have the same BlockEnd number. I guess I should of made it shorter.

The end block is actually half way through the budget period after the proposal, so the payment will already have been made by then. You can't change the end block.

For proposals that are intended to gauge support for ideas you can set an arbitrary end of voting in the description of the proposal, as long as it is not ridiculous short, like a few days or less, we will honor it.

You can't delete proposals, and Masternodes only get one vote each per proposal, but you can change your vote back and forth as many times as you like.

If you make new proposals, following similar reward structures, just with changes a bit more in the future, and PM me your address I will refund the cost of your initial proposals as my way of saying thanks for doing your part. I would suggest making the changes in reward coincide with budget blocks, so every 43200 blocks, and start at block 86400, that way the budget for the month would be easier calculated. If the reward changes in the middle of a budget period, and the budget is 10% of the rewards for that period it is not as straightforward coming up with the total budget for the month. It wouldn't be that much more difficult, but I like to keep things as simple as possible.

I still don't like the idea of changing the rewards, it really feels to me like people trying to profit from an early investment. Not that I don't think that is a reasonable expectation, but everyone got into this coin knowing ahead of time what the coin roll out would look like for the initial 6 months. I feel the whole "lets cut the number of overall coins" debate stems from a place of greed, not just what is best for the coin. I don't see the difference between 32 million coins at 2k sats and 64 million coins at 1k sats, you still have the same market cap. I hold a substantial pile of coins, and stand to have my holdings worth more with fewer coins, but that is not what I am really here for. Sure, I would like to monetize my time invested in this project at some point, but I am also interested in creating something new, sustainable, and innovative.

Low power dedicated staking hardware, learn more at StakeBox.com
Raspberry Pi wallets at github.com/StakeBox
Bank_sy

Activity: 450

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 09:54:28 PM

The end block is actually half way through the budget period after the proposal, so the payment will already have been made by then. You can't change the end block.

For proposals that are intended to gauge support for ideas you can set an arbitrary end of voting in the description of the proposal, as long as it is not ridiculous short, like a few days or less, we will honor it.

You can't delete proposals, and Masternodes only get one vote each per proposal, but you can change your vote back and forth as many times as you like.

If you make new proposals, following similar reward structures, just with changes a bit more in the future, and PM me your address I will refund the cost of your initial proposals as my way of saying thanks for doing your part. I would suggest making the changes in reward coincide with budget blocks, so every 43200 blocks, and start at block 86400, that way the budget for the month would be easier calculated. If the reward changes in the middle of a budget period, and the budget is 10% of the rewards for that period it is not as straightforward coming up with the total budget for the month. It wouldn't be that much more difficult, but I like to keep things as simple as possible.

I still don't like the idea of changing the rewards, it really feels to me like people trying to profit from an early investment. Not that I don't think that is a reasonable expectation, but everyone got into this coin knowing ahead of time what the coin roll out would look like for the initial 6 months. I feel the whole "lets cut the number of overall coins" debate stems from a place of greed, not just what is best for the coin. I don't see the difference between 32 million coins at 2k sats and 64 million coins at 1k sats, you still have the same market cap. I hold a substantial pile of coins, and stand to have my holdings worth more with fewer coins, but that is not what I am really here for. Sure, I would like to monetize my time invested in this project at some point, but I am also interested in creating something new, sustainable, and innovative.

My main thoughts for reducing PoW for DNET is then more people would be forced to actually invest directly into DNET economy. Mining is a more indirect way.
I also do not think that we should completely cut PoW, just reduce it, because miners still deserve a chance.
StakeBox

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2016, 10:10:26 PM

My main thoughts for reducing PoW for DNET is then more people would be forced to actually invest directly into DNET economy. Mining is a more indirect way.
I also do not think that we should completely cut PoW, just reduce it, because miners still deserve a chance.

I don't know about that. Mining is a pretty direct investment in DNET, it is not free to mine, you are trading your money for DNET and at the same time helping to create a secure network for DarkNet. We could have no buy orders on exchanges and the coin would still work fine as long as miners were mining it, if we had no miners and all kinds of buy orders things would not be as confidence inspiring.

What we are proposing for the PoS stage is something that has, to my knowledge, not been done before. It is going to take some time and lots of testing to get it right. That is time that is being allowed to us by PoW.

jakiman
Legendary

jakiman is back!

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 10:40:15 PM
Last edit: March 03, 2016, 10:50:37 PM by jakiman

I also never liked reducing the max coin supply for the sake of making it more rare.
So this new propoal DOES NOT reduce the number of coins during PoW. Just longer.
Let me know how this sounds. I have not submitted this yet. Just throwing out ideas.

New Proposal

Proposal Name = 50BlockPoW
Proposed Change: Variable PoW block reward reducing by 80% after block 86400.
Reason = It promotes a more stable growth due to less daily inflation, longer PoW for better distribution & healthy trade activity.
Total Coin Supply During PoW Phase: 64,800,000 (SAME!)
Vote Duration: Approx. 10 days (Until block 59200)
Effective Date: Approx. 19 days after vote end. (Start block 86401)

Blocks 1 - 86 400 (56 days)
POW reward: 250 DNET
Total supply: 21 600 000

Blocks 86 401 - 950 400 (600 days)
POW reward: 50 DNET
Total supply: 64,800,000

Bank_sy

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 10:47:20 PM

I also never liked reducing the max coin supply for the sake of making it more rare.
So this new propoal DOES NOT reduce the number of coins during PoW. Just longer.
Let me know how this sounds. I have not submitted this yet. Just throwing out ideas.

New Proposal

Reason = It promotes a more stable growth due to less daily inflation & longer PoW for better distribution.

Anyone wanting to keep PoW for 'distribution' reasons can't say no to this.
I like this much more than current PoW.
I would maybe change total PoW supply to 30~50m if I had it my way.
jakiman
Legendary

jakiman is back!

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 10:47:32 PM

I don't know about that. Mining is a pretty direct investment in DNET, it is not free to mine, you are trading your money for DNET and at the same time helping to create a secure network for DarkNet. We could have no buy orders on exchanges and the coin would still work fine as long as miners were mining it, if we had no miners and all kinds of buy orders things would not be as confidence inspiring.

What we are proposing for the PoS stage is something that has, to my knowledge, not been done before. It is going to take some time and lots of testing to get it right. That is time that is being allowed to us by PoW.

Yeah, I think a good PoS plan can also help with gaining new investors.
But I think a long PoW period is good at the beginning for the coin to establish a place in the market.
Then once the coin has settled with good distribution, then have the PoS kick in with a good stake plan.
I also think that PoS does not promote trade activity. (well, at least the old coin age method of PoS)

Vaxa

Activity: 129

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 10:51:02 PM

I get your point. But coin with constant reward is doomed to be deflational. You speaking about 64M coins at 1k sats but with such supply miners will drive price down very soon. Constant decreasing of price leads to less community attention (nobody wants to invest in falling coin). No community attention = death for coin.

Vaxa

Activity: 129

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 11:10:47 PM

New Proposal

Reason = It promotes a more stable growth due to less daily inflation, longer PoW for better distribution & healthy trade activity.

I like it!
And what do you think on increasing coins limit for masternode? Cause at the end of big blocks, even if 1/3 of all coins will be in masternodes, we'll have more than 700 MNs. To have decent profit from MNs you'll have to hold tenths of them! That means many VPS'es and much confusion.
Maybe 20-30k DNET for 1 MN is better?

Bank_sy

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 11:15:29 PM

New Proposal

I like it!
And what do you think on increasing coins limit for masternode? Cause at the end of big blocks, even if 1/3 of all coins will be in masternodes, we'll have more than 700 MNs. To have decent profit from MNs you'll have to hold tenths of them! That means many VPS'es and much confusion.

I would like to slightly change your proposal

New Proposal

Proposal Name = 50BlockPoW v2

Blocks 86 401 - 518,400
Total supply: 43,200,000

Upon Activation of PoS stage, MN req. increases to 20,000 +

borris123

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 11:22:01 PM

can someone do a tor setup guide for mulitple masternodes on same computer. Had ago but must be doing it wrong cus not working.
StakeBox

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2016, 12:27:02 AM

can someone do a tor setup guide for mulitple masternodes on same computer. Had ago but must be doing it wrong cus not working.

Nope, because it can't be done. Each Masternode needs its own external IP address on port 51472. You can't have multiple Masternodes on one computer.

wasref

Activity: 555
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 03:49:15 AM

how many mn nodes at the moment
q327K091
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 03:59:22 AM

I have 6 masternodes currently working 24/7 could have made 500$ selling coins but that is peanuts selling nothing.. trying get more nodes activated, one a day although hash rate just catapulted , someone though is eating 40K DNET coins a day, I dont personally care as I am in it (if not this crypto then 100's others) long term.. I can not envision myself selling anything unless I can make 100K profit otherwise it is all but a child's play
EQUINOXdev

Activity: 154

ICO DESTROYER NUMBER ONE

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2016, 04:08:54 AM

Nice dump guys
I suggest you to go .000010 before i'll slowly buy <.000020 wall
Any ideas?

if you really have that much btc, prove it by putting 200 BTC buy wall at 10 satoshi for DNET
then we can all really see if it is real

He is one of the best crypto scammers ever(also maybe involved in edgecoin, mintpal,coinmarket(exchanges) and other terrible scams), i think these 200btc just only a small part of all his bitcoins... I've lost 5.2  btc in EQX and left the crypto for a long time  Cry Undecided
Good morning guys:)
Escrow.pm - One of the smartest btctalk users I've ever seen, thanks for your investment bro Roll Eyes
It's too early morning in St. Moritz
I'll be back a bit later :sleep:

shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 04:18:10 AM

New Proposal

I like it!

I would like to slightly change your proposal

New Proposal

Proposal Name = 50BlockPoW v2

Blocks 86 401 - 518,400
Total supply: 43,200,000

Upon Activation of PoS stage, MN req. increases to 20,000 +

Changing the emission after a coin is launched never works out.  Especially if you change it to the extremes that you propose.  Reducing the POW from 250 to 50 and making masternode requirements double to 20,000 is insane.  The emission was set when the coin was launched.  Leave it alone.  Increasing the masternode requirement is foolish.  It does nothing but inconvenience those already running masternodes.

Leave the damn emission and specs of the coin alone.   
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 541 »
  Print  

Jump to: