Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 07:18:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: .

Pages: « 1 ... 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 [374] 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 ... 541 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][PIVX] - PRIVATE INSTANT VERIFIED TRANSACTION - PROOF OF STAKE - ZEROCOIN  (Read 782149 times)
EleanorZ

Activity: 359
Merit: 270

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 10:32:52 PM

Question 1) How much did these 6 masternodes earn from that
Question 2) Did the rewards these 6 masternodes earned also get burned ?

Have you gone on Slack? The community is far more active there, including many of the Devs. You would be able to get answers much faster over there, and they would come from much more authoritative sources.

slack.pivx.org
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
q327K091
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 01:25:43 AM

The mining period was over 181 days. It went from January 31 and ended in the beginning of August. Do the correct math. And until last year, most POS coins that had a mining period, were less than 3 months.  Also the proposal system broke in an update in December not when the coin switched to POS.

Thank you for point that out to me, I made mistake, I'll edit my previous post. To be more precise
Please read the previous post again if I need to do more corrections

I love the part of fastmine... Do you know that in January 2017 you could get Dnet for less than 1k sat? And mining phase last more than 5 months? And if there were less distribution the price would have been controlled far down from now, allowing better sell and recovery tactics.

The Crypto Baron their is no need to personally attack me, that's called Trolling Wink
If I am wrong about something please correct me, I will edit my post accordingly

And yes I am invested in DASH, and that is why I am researching PIVX as I am in no way bound to any coin as should any good investor be, but I am not going to jump to ship, if i feel its not seaworthy (yet) even if lots of people jump ship.

I also have another question about the 6 masternodes that where burned

Form this information, i deduce that the first 6masternodes, earned at least 20% of the totall block-reward for some time

[Block 000002-432000] 20% MN (50 PIV) / 80% MINER (200 PIV)
[Block 043201-151200] 20% MN (50 PIV) / 70% MINER (200 PIV) / 10% BUDGET (25 PIV)
[Block 151201-259200] 45% MN (22.5 PIV) / 45% MINER (22.5 PIV) / 10% BUDGET (5 PIV)

Question 1) How much did these 6 masternodes earn from that
Question 2) Did the rewards these 6 masternodes earned also get burned ?

* I understand you guys are starting to dislike me and I am fine with that, but my questions non the less stand and they should be properly answered especially due to how PIVX is marketing it coin to public.

eh you you.. so best would be to get a C++ book git clone PIVX local step line by line (in rewards section) should be easy as we borrowed  from "coin we all know you know"

eh you get a life

Alexoz

Activity: 248
Merit: 250

One World

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2017, 04:25:18 AM

A reminder about Dash or its clones...

Dash has a 2 tier network (masternodes). Decred has a 1 tier network. With Decred, your coins are locked after purchasing tickets (voting rights) (constraining the supply).  With Dash, you can sell a masternode at any time.  With Decred, anyone can vote / participate.  With Dash, only the wealthy can participate.  With Decred, upgrades are precoded into the chain.  The chain automatically switches to the upgrades after a successful "yes" vote.  With Dash, the developers must then code the upgrade after the vote and hope everyone switches.  Decred is a decentralized autonomous organization (DAO), designed from the ground up.  It has a unique consensus system (which makes an "ethereum classic situation" extremely unlikely), is self funding, and is written from scratch in Golang by very well respected bitcoin developers (BTC Suite)

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

kingcrimson
Legendary

Activity: 1025
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 08:38:35 AM

Wow! Pivx hits $2. When pivx price is 50cent, i didnt buy some, i am very upset. Congrats. Maybe some months later pivx will list on polo Cry

Polo missed its chance, and at $5-$10 they will really have to answer. Their users should be furious. Starting to feel like the rumors are true that they require a huge bribe to list coins.
cody_772

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 08:46:14 AM

Quick reminder: about 1600 blocks away from a block reward reduction from 15 to 10 PIV each block.

hope to see the price rise in a couple of days
shintosai

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 08:49:42 AM

Wow! Pivx hits $2. When pivx price is 50cent, i didnt buy some, i am very upset. Congrats. Maybe some months later pivx will list on polo Cry

Polo missed its chance, and at $5-$10 they will really have to answer. Their users should be furious. Starting to feel like the rumors are true that they require a huge bribe to list coins.
its still cheap @ 2$ but you are right its really a missed from polo since they already have many traders who's playing inside trex and if ever
they will add this one up might be already 5$ or even more, we can't tell if rumors are right but observing their actions regarding to some
alts which has been created earlier. polo is a great place to really see the coin mooning look at stratis after hitting polo.

daylox

Activity: 307
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 08:54:16 AM

its still cheap @ 2$ but you are right its really a missed from polo since they already have many traders who's playing inside trex and if ever
they will add this one up might be already 5$ or even more, we can't tell if rumors are right but observing their actions regarding to some
alts which has been created earlier. polo is a great place to really see the coin mooning look at stratis after hitting polo.

I see there is no reason to list PIVX, because it is a fork of DASH. No need for fooling poloniex investors once more.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 08:59:19 AM
Last edit: April 17, 2017, 10:01:06 AM by toknormal

Dash has a 2 tier network (masternodes). Decred has a 1 tier network. With Decred, your coins are locked after purchasing tickets (voting rights) (constraining the supply).  With Dash, you can sell a masternode at any time.  With Decred, anyone can vote / participate.  With Dash, only the wealthy can participate.  With Decred, upgrades are precoded into the chain.  The chain automatically switches to the upgrades after a successful "yes" vote.  With Dash, the developers must then code the upgrade after the vote and hope everyone switches.  Decred is a decentralized autonomous organization (DAO), designed from the ground up.  It has a unique consensus system (which makes an "ethereum classic situation" extremely unlikely), is self funding, and is written from scratch in Golang by very well respected bitcoin developers (BTC Suite)

Difficult to tell whether this is promotion or FUD for Decred.

It's about the worst designed coin I've come across recently (if not ever). The idea of voting code forks into production is a bit like sticking a control-yoke in every seat-back in an airliner and letting the passengers 'steer' it based on their aggregate deflections. No quality control (cos devs never know if the code they're working on is going into production or not). No long term roadmaps possible (cos short and long term priorities in conflict). It also blows away all the security you get from a multiple stakeholder consensus mechanism that includes miners, merhants, developers and holders, stuffing all the control into a single unguided missile.

As far as the Dash-disinfo goes

• Only for the Rich
eh...the reason it's not "cheap" is because it's working as a store of value. Also, the protocol doesn't require anyone to hold a minimum threshold to gain a return, it requires that of a node which isn't the same thing since nodes have multiple holders in the general case.

• Sell a Masternode at any Time
Again - a feature, not a bug. The blockchain does not 'rig' the market.

Meanwhile: on an on-topic front, PIVX skyrocketing. But is it because it's on a tiny liquidity exchange and big holders are waiting for the high liquidity exchanges to cash out massive amounts ? Once the turnaround takes place is it going to be driven into the ground ? Should I dump now or is the revaluation eventually going to stabilise and only retrace about 50% ?

Need to think.
berron

Activity: 727
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 11:01:36 AM

Meanwhile: on an on-topic front, PIVX skyrocketing. But is it because it's on a tiny liquidity exchange and big holders are waiting for the high liquidity exchanges to cash out massive amounts ? Once the turnaround takes place is it going to be driven into the ground ? Should I dump now or is the revaluation eventually going to stabilise and only retrace about 50% ?
Interesting question. I think the bigger holdings has already been partially distributed, I have the impresion, but it's onluy an impresion, that explorer shows a lot more distirbution than a month before. Think uptrent will continue till listed in Polo or a big BTC pump which rekt this explosive altcoin market, and we will see a 50%, 66.6% retrace from that value. Difficult part is try to find good sell points during this situation.

Have you tried a real DEX??? But a real DEX like this!!!
iloveBTCtomuch

Activity: 44
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 11:43:05 AM

It's about the worst designed coin I've come across recently (if not ever). The idea of voting code forks into production is a bit like sticking a control-yoke in every seat-back in an airliner and letting the passengers 'steer' it based on their aggregate deflections. No quality control (cos devs never know if the code they're working on is going into production or not). No long term roadmaps possible (cos short and long term priorities in conflict). It also blows away all the security you get from a multiple stakeholder consensus mechanism that includes miners, merhants, developers and holders, stuffing all the control into a single unguided missile.

I wanted to disagree with you on this onebut than I realized that every Decred voter needs to have extensive knowledge about each and every part of the code both the code that has been proposed in the past (because things can be rolled back) and of-course new code. Just to think about it the list will become extremely long over time if anything and everything can be rolled back.

But than again if their is some way to find some middle ground in it. Evan also talked about giving masternodes similar voting power, in the future, and in a way how segwit activation works is quite similar as well, the only difference is you vote by installing the new software.

I am actually not sure which way is best, but I am quite content on how DASH is doing it, it's the middle-way. More research needs to be done. DASH core already talking about this question and similar ones, and is already thinking about doing some, or more likely hiring people to do in dept research.

One thing 1 am sure of is do, very few people are actually qualified to answer all the questions. And that is also why I like the high entry barrier into DASH masternodes as well,because they have at the very least a large enough incentive to study/research  on these hard questions/votes.
rocoro
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 01:46:49 PM

A reminder about Dash or its clones...

Dash has a 2 tier network (masternodes). Decred has a 1 tier network. With Decred, your coins are locked after purchasing tickets (voting rights) (constraining the supply).  With Dash, you can sell a masternode at any time.  With Decred, anyone can vote / participate.  With Dash, only the wealthy can participate.  With Decred, upgrades are precoded into the chain.  The chain automatically switches to the upgrades after a successful "yes" vote.  With Dash, the developers must then code the upgrade after the vote and hope everyone switches.  Decred is a decentralized autonomous organization (DAO), designed from the ground up.  It has a unique consensus system (which makes an "ethereum classic situation" extremely unlikely), is self funding, and is written from scratch in Golang by very well respected bitcoin developers (BTC Suite)

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Plus, you forgot to mention Zerocoin based coins are not trustless.

MadGamer
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 03:50:26 PM

Now and I got my information's right about how staking/POS works, I'm curious to understand how this coin won't lose value If there is no maximum supply and people will be able to keep generating it forever? An infinite amount of coins won't make the value of the coin so small logically as It's based on supply and demand?
noobtrader
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 03:52:45 PM

Now and I got my information's right about how staking/POS works, I'm curious to understand how this coin won't lose value If there is no maximum supply and people will be able to keep generating it forever? An infinite amount of coins won't make the value of the coin so small logically as It's based on supply and demand?

maybe community can vote to make finite supply ?

EDIT ::: oh no.. this is POS, it need to generating coin forever.

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
Assman

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 05:21:59 PM

Block rewards are still winding down but in 2018 and beyond, only 2.5million will be minted per year which will providing a steady but SLIGHTLY decreasing amount of inflation

rocoro
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 06:26:27 PM

Additionally,  if you understand how zerocoin works.. its not trustless.   The creators could just keep making more for themselves.

Do your research.
Rvinda23

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 06:30:37 PM

If we are talking in timescales of months and years, rather than decades or centuries, the difference between a POS coin with decreasing inflation and a coin with finite supply is small, if not negligible. What's more relevant, from an inflation perspective, is the immediate and future supply of minted coins over the investment horizon specified.

That being said, the inflation/supply cap discussion is largely irrelevant in the context of the price volatility at this early stage in the life cycle of most cryptocurrencies. Only in extreme cases such as Dogecoin should that be considered an issue, if you are looking to hold for several years.

A small but continuous rate of inflation is arguably a desirable property of a currency in the long run and there are question marks over the long term viability of a coin with a hard supply cap in terms of it's use case as a currency and it's long term sustainability as an investment. For example, with coins that have a supply cap, there may eventually reach a threshold at which the costs of mining outweigh the returns to be gained from the diminishing block reward.

I think that the discussion around coinflation/coin supply perhaps carries too much weight in the decision making process behind whether to invest in XYZ coin and in most cases you'd be best served to ignore concerns about this and focus on the underlying technology, the community and the development team behind the coin.
hamzatu

Activity: 70

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 07:17:22 PM

There appears to be still bugs in the wallet.

1. Installed new wallet and blockchain.

2. Closed the wallet and added "staking=1" to the .conf file.

3. Opened wallet then encrypted the wallet.

---Indefinite hang on the wallet

Maybe should encrypt the wallet before editing the .conf file. Will try again that way.

Feature request

1. Please make a lite wallet
MostlyGhostly

Activity: 396
Merit: 109

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 07:51:07 PM

U can't lose something if u don't have it. How it plunge while being worthless? What u are talking about makes no sense, cryptos are deflationary currencies, unlimited supply poses no threat to the value as long as the amount of minable coins auto-adjusts in accordance with the difficulty which is inversely proportional to the quantity of miners.
max8888

Activity: 70

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 04:32:29 AM

due to poor distribution a few people (probably devs) in an atemp to hold the price down to make it look more attractive to polonex yesterday ,,, have destroyed the price upward momentum and faith. in what could only be described as a child having a temper tantrum I watched as 10's of thousands worth of pivx was flung into high buy pressure at the 15 - 16 range . 5 - 20 btc walls were placed as every time the price lowered, more endless mini dumps ensued. any discussion of this coin being evenly distributed should be met with hysterical laughter . I get it you all had dreams of having access to polonex's large trade volume, as that becomes more and more unlikely ,, the dirty little secret about this coin , is going to get dumped all over unsuspecting investors ,, how much they own is anybody's speculation ,,, but from what I seen last night with the utterly wasteful and ridiculously large walls and dumps leads me to believe polonex is very wise not to add this coin

be honest dev what percent you guys got ,, at this point I think is well above 30

PS happy trading back in the 14's everybody
a20756079

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 04:35:01 AM

the coin is like a breath of fresh air.ye

Pages: « 1 ... 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 [374] 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 ... 541 »
  Print  

Jump to: