Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 10:11:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: .

Pages: « 1 ... 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 [380] 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 ... 541 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][PIVX] - PRIVATE INSTANT VERIFIED TRANSACTION - PROOF OF STAKE - ZEROCOIN  (Read 782149 times)
Assman

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 10:34:05 PM

PIVX is a longterm hold for me. I expect the price to be around 5-10 $ at the end of the year. What do you think?

$15-20 (Dash parity + crypto market growth)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
max8888

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 11:35:01 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qRDg9WS7fk
FogHorn_LegHorn

Activity: 245

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 01:50:22 AM

Yes, agree. PIVX had its time. It is sinking now. Time to get out. 1 dollar soon, then 50 cents. See you at 25 cents when I'll buy more. Good day mates.
Golftech

Activity: 2114
Merit: 520

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 02:07:29 AM

Yes, agree. PIVX had its time. It is sinking now. Time to get out. 1 dollar soon, then 50 cents. See you at 25 cents when I'll buy more. Good day mates.

then wait after the progress rises up and the price went to 5$ you are so smart keep waiting for dumpers to full your bagholdings,
keep watching and expect more and more weak holders to panic and surely cry out loud when the movements start polo is just
almost a week away..

███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀         ▀▀████
█████████▀              ▀██
█████████   ▐████████▌   ██
███▀▀             ███▌   ██
██▀               ███▌   ██
██   ▐███████████████▌   ██
██   ▐███               ▄██
██   ▐███            ▄▄████
██   ▐████████▌   █████████
██▄              ▄█████████
███▄▄         ▄▄███████████
███████████████████████████
.crosswise.
..........Next Gen Cross-Chain DEX..........
|   TELEGRAM   |    TWITTER    |    DISCORD    |     MEDIUM     |  INSTAGRAM  |
...SIGN IN...
StacksOfDash

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 06:12:15 AM

You guys can't seriously be thinking that this coin is hurting right now just because it had a 48 hour dip in price.  You need to look at the big picture:

-Got good press right off the bat with Coin Telegraph

-active dev with good reputation that puts in a lot of hours, and is fantastic with keeping the community in the loop with updates and answering questions

-solves a common criticism of Dash (the big dev premine) and improves on a currency techjnology that is gaining huge adoption.

-Has already ranked as high as #9 on CoinMarketcap.  That is incredible.

-Professional branding, good support, and quick bug fixes

-Go take a look at the Slack channel and Reddit. Reddit is highly active and Slack even more so, with HUNDREDS of new message every day.

-A LOT of the investors in this are investing in Masternodes and have 10000 coin tied up in every one of those, which mean the sell order books will be relatively thin most times.  And those with no masaternode are very active in staking.  And despite this it still maintains pretty good market volume.

-This polo mass delisting of 17 currencies is a huge win...look at the possible top crypto choices Polo could possibly add...you really don't thjink PIVX is in serious contention to be added when it is maintaining in or close to the Top 10 at coinmarketcap 99% of the time?  Come on, guys.  And that in-wallet Trex tyrading isn't going to stop Polo: money is money, and right now they are losing out on thousands of dollars every day.  Additional pressure will also be added as more rival exchanges add PIVX.

-As far as I am aware all of this has been achieved with very little marketing at this point.  Once we get these budget proposals and finances in order to do some serious work on this imagine what can be done.

-AND IMPORTANT!: don't forget: the price of BTC has been rising, so those graphs are somewhat deceiving, they would be going down even if the price stayed exactly the same.

Think of all the progress made in such a short amount of time guys.  I bought another 800ish PIVX today and felt amazingly confident about its future.  The huge price movement overall, the awesome large (and growing!) community, and rapid coin development, there are not many coins that have the momentum that PIVX does.  

I have been trading crypto since the days of BTC-e getting a measely 200k site volume.  I have seen a lot of coins come and go, lost money and made so much money at times I have had moments where I was literally in shock.  And I can see one thing: this coin has an even brighter future ahead of it.
PowerHemp
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001

Ganja <3

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 07:03:33 AM

then wait after the progress rises up and the price went to 5$ you are so smart keep waiting for dumpers to full your bagholdings,
keep watching and expect more and more weak holders to panic and surely cry out loud when the movements start polo is just
almost a week away..

or u just dont care about the coin cost 1cent 50 cent 1 euro 5 euro in the near feature Wink buy every month a bit if u have money for it
if the devs make good marketing and have good function this and all coins with that will be in the future much higher just hold the coins and dont talk everyday the price go higher/lower thats bullshit^^
coins are the future!
Ivanovski

Activity: 79

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 07:06:50 AM

Stackofdash nice reading. Dont get scared of people who are predicting 25 cents before this coin is going to be listed on polo....
PowerHemp
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001

Ganja <3

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 07:29:11 AM

a question i have ~770 pivx how long should it take to get stakes? i have the wallet over 1 week running and got nothing Sad
i need to buy more?
RoftheN

Activity: 546

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 08:24:40 AM

a question i have ~770 pivx how long should it take to get stakes? i have the wallet over 1 week running and got nothing Sad
i need to buy more?
You have to unlock your wallet too, it would only take 101 confirmations, which is muchhhh less than a week.
StacksOfDash

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 08:50:02 AM

Thanks man. Smiley   I think that we as a community need to come together and have a simple marketing plan that everyone can participate in with just a few minutes a day.  I have seen some ideas on Slack, but if folks could re-post here so everyone can see them it would help things along.  I have worked as a community organizer in activism in the past and would suggest the following as a direct plan of action, please use this post as a template that we update as contributions are made guys.  We can just do a simple Green = DONE and RED = NOT COMPLETED checklist system that is super simple and easy to see at a glance what needs to be done yet.  Once someone completes it, they can quote the tweet and mark it done and put their name in parenthesis.  Easy peasy! Smiley

First, some links to pre-filled tweets where people can just retweet and and a sentence of their own in 60 seconds or so.  Then once a day/week we can pick a new exchange, personality, news site, etc to target to get more coverage of PIVX.  Let's try top get a list of ideas, guys!  Every time a person completes the retweets/copy and paste a pre-typed comment on a Facebook link they quote the post and say "done" so that the action plan can continue to be seen on pretty much every page.  If the amount of posts gets out of hand we can retract the rule, but generally speaking I have seen this work with great success over many years:

CoolCool☼ ░▒▒▓▓██ TWITTER / SOCIAL MEDIA ACTION PLAN TWEETS FOR 3/23/17: ██▓▓▒▒░ ☼CoolCool☼  

1.   ________________   NOT COMPLETED

2.  ________________   NOT COMPLETED

CoolCool☼ ░▒▒▓▓██ EXCHANGES / COIN REQUEST: ██▓▓▒▒░ ☼CoolCool☼  

Links to ALL exchanges that have COIN REQUEST forms or voting pages or that you think we have a good chance of getting on.  I think we shouldn't mark these as "completed" until we have at LEAST 10 people complete the task.  I'll start with a contribution of my own, PIVX is ranking pretty highly on C-Cex right now, we could easily, easily get it to the top 10, it is already #20 out of what must be 400+ coins. I know C-Cex isn't the greatest exchange, but most of the coins on there are obscure coins, so it would make it to #1 volume there easily.  The vote system is $ = 1 vote, or you can vote as long as you have a .1 BTC balance.  If others want to contribute I will join in up to .02 BTC.

► C-CEX:   https://c-cex.com/?id=vote        ***NOT COMPLETED - IN PROGRESS: 10% complete*** (Stacks Of Dash, (ex: another user)

Those that know the Polo coin submission request form please post it and I will update the post!

► Polo PIVX coin request:  __________________   NOT COMPLETED

► LIQUI: support@liqui.io (not sure if they have a form, but this is a great new up and coming exchange that doesn't have that many coins yet, seems like a good opportunity.  Might be worth an email!)  NOT COMPLETED

► BTC-E: ___________ NOT COMPLETED

►Livecoin: According to this page, you can message support to ask for your coin to be added to voting (for FREE).  PIVX isn't added yet, so let's get it done peeps!  https://www.livecoin.net/en/coin-listing  NOT COMPLETED

If you guys can think of a few others that we have a decent chance of getting on please let me know.

CoolCool☼ ░▒▒▓▓██ RECENT NEWS/UPDATES: ██▓▓▒▒░ ☼CoolCool

Let's compile the most recent happenings into 2-4 bullet points so folks can see how PIVX is progressing and have quick access to links to spread the word to those who are not familiar with PIVX or that are criticizing it.  I'm not the best person to update this section, but here is a placeholder for the time being:

1) Mandatory update to *NEW* wallet v2.20: https://forum.pivx.org/t/pivx-wallet-2-2-0-release-mandatory/817

2)  ____________________  NOT COMPLETE, NEED ADDITIONAL CONTRIBUTIONS!

3)  ____________________  NOT COMPLETE, NEED ADDITIONAL CONTRIBUTIONS!

CoolCool☼ ░▒▒▓▓██ OTHER TO-DO/IN PROGRESS: ██▓▓▒▒░ ☼CoolCool

This section should be things like photoshop-created promotional materials, current contest/signature campaigns, Youtube tutorials, translations, bug bounties, and any other type of crowdsourced guerilla marketing you guys can think of.  And if you really can't think of anything...memes.  Get on memegenerator and post your best stuff. I would highly encourage the dev to offer some small-medium bounties or other incentives to keep people motivated, consistently sharing content, and further growing the community.  But no matter what we need to always have at least one project AT ALL TIMES guys.  The PIVX community is already huge!  We have time to shoot the shit on Slack, so let's spend a little bit of that time helping PIVX reach new heights!  Remember, this is YOUR investment...don't you want to do everything in your power to grow as much as possible?  It means much more money for you, and a rise in value will afford a better budget to invest in developing this coin faster guys!

►►► **CURRENT PROJECT**:  ___ Let's think of one! ______   NOT COMPLETED!  IDEAS NEEDED.

Wow...that took a really long time to type, I am going to be sore tomorrow, ha ha.   But hey, time and effort s what it takes to succeed, so I am happy to contribute!

Let's do this guys! Cool Cool Cool
iloveBTCtomuch

Activity: 44
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 11:18:45 AM

-active dev with good reputation that puts in a lot of hours, and is fantastic with keeping the community in the loop with updates and answering questions
Sure it took 5 months to solve the bug in the  Governance Model, that disabled voting. Also the syncing time of the latest  PIVX wallet vs a DASH wallet is slower even do it blocksize is atleast 3xtimes smaller.

-solves a common criticism of Dash (the big dev premine) and improves on a currency techjnology that is gaining huge adoption.
There has been allot of criticism of DASH, but the info was incorrect it was not a pre-mine it was an instamine, and their is lots and lots of info on that.
-It was only a 10% instamine of the totall coin supply  vs 100% fastmine with masternodes earning straight from the start
To sum that up what happend:
- PIVX had only a mining periode of 181 day's, 70% minined out in less than 100 days
- PIVx two anonymous creators did burn their pre-mine of 6 masternodes, but keept the rewards (anyways it worked out well from a markting perspective, my compliments )
- PIVX masternodes earned straight from the start, the rewards where so large that early holders, never had to sell their mn
- PIVX hash-rate has been very low during the POW mining fase, aka few people where mining it
- PIVX its coin distribution especially during and just after the POW fase was very concentrated, still close to 250 addresses held during this quick rise in marketcap (the smart owners either sold off allot or at the very least divided their holdings of multiple addresses

-And that in-wallet Trex trading isn't going to stop Polo: money is money, and right now they are losing out on thousands of dollars every day.  Additional pressure will also be added as more rival exchanges add PIVX.
Their are other coins that have that same problem, most of them do not get added to Polo (for instant WAVES)

jakiman
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1011

jakiman is back!

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 12:23:09 PM

i need to buy more?

Staking is like solo mining. More you have, more chances you'll have/get to win a block. So yes. More the merrier.

To give you some historical stats, I'm averaging approx. 1 reward per day with 10K staking for past 6 days.
As you have approx 13x less than me, that would mean 1 block reward every 13 days or so on average.
But due to its randomness nature, you could get some in quick succession, then nothing for weeks.

FYI - 1 block reward currently averages around 4.2 PIV. See below link for current reward size.
http://178.254.23.111/~pub/DN/DN_masternode_payments_stats.html

jakiman
Legendary

jakiman is back!

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 12:42:53 PM
Last edit: April 23, 2017, 03:06:47 PM by jakiman

Sure it took 5 months to solve the bug in the  Governance Model, that disabled voting. Also the syncing time of the latest  PIVX wallet vs a DASH wallet is slower even do it blocksize is atleast 3xtimes smaller.

5 months can be considered short depending on the nature of the bug. But sounds like you are implying that it was due to lack of skills?
FYI - This proposal payment bug was due to a major difference in code from DASH considering PIVX is not a simple DASH clone.
PIVX has a lot of changes to make it run on a more up to date Bitcoin code than DASH while also using a custom Proof of Stake code.
As for syncing, the latest 2.2 wallet syncs a lot faster now. You need to also consider that DASH has a larger network of peers.

There has been allot of criticism of DASH, but the info was incorrect it was not a pre-mine it was an instamine, and their is lots and lots of info on that.
-It was only a 10% instamine of the totall coin supply  vs 100% fastmine with masternodes earning straight from the start
To sum that up what happend:
- PIVX had only a mining periode of 181 day's, 70% minined out in less than 100 days
- PIVx two anonymous creators did burn their pre-mine of 6 masternodes, but keept the rewards (anyways it worked out well from a markting perspective, my compliments )
- PIVX masternodes earned straight from the start, the rewards where so large that early holders, never had to sell their mn
- PIVX hash-rate has been very low during the POW mining fase, aka few people where mining it
- PIVX its coin distribution especially during and just after the POW fase was very concentrated, still close to 250 addresses held during this quick rise in marketcap (the smart owners either sold off allot or at the very least divided their holdings of multiple addresses

While you are quite critical about PIVX (which is welcome), you aren't very critical about DASH is seems. It wasn't 10% instamine back then nor right now. It was and still is a much higher.
When DASH was 14 months old (same age as PIVX is currently), approx. 40% of total DASH coin supply was mined within first 36 hours and approx. 90% was mined within the first 100 days.
These numbers were gathered from official DASH atlassian page, coin emission spreadsheet and articles that cover this topic. Also, it was with a lot less miners than PIVX did at launch afaik.
So you are saying 6 masternodes setup by PIVX devs is worse than 2 million DASH being mined within first 36 hours? That's potentially 2000 DASH masternodes after just 36 hours. Hmm.

You are quite right about the other points however. But yeah, you also need to realize that majority of miners sell on profit.
PIVX was traded a lot from the get go with decent trade volume on Yobit then later at Bittrex. So miners did sell plenty of it.
This type of argument holds for nearly all fair launched PoW coins. Don't you agree? Early miners always mine more than rest.

I'm not against DASH at all btw. I used to even mine Darkcoin back in the day. Cheesy

jakiman
Legendary

jakiman is back!

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 12:56:47 PM
Last edit: April 23, 2017, 01:21:41 PM by jakiman

Update on Livecoin Exchange

We have fully paid for the addition as requested and are waiting on Livecoin to add us.

The Crypto Baron

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 01:54:47 PM

Jaki/Eleanor/DRPD/etc:

I'm trying to add the repository to get the wallet on ubuntu and having issues (running sudo apt-add-repository ppa:shaun-mcbride/pivx and receiving:

Cannot add PPA: 'ppa:~shaun-mcbride/ubuntu/pivx'.

The user named '~shaun-mcbride' has no PPA named 'ubuntu/pivx')  Is there a different repository I need to add in order to download the wallet?

q327K091
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 02:35:34 PM

great comments @jakiman ...
NorthPixel

Activity: 314
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 02:55:20 PM

The trend changed to a downward trend. It would be nice to add margin trading, so we can short from current price.
its just a whale moves as the de listing of coins are getting nearer those whales who have a lots of coins will try to bag more
as they knew that this coin have really good potentials to be added inside polo and after that price will move up again and
weak holders will start to cry.

Do you think that Poloniex can give this coin gain in price? The price is already huge, capitalization in top 10, large growth will not be exact.
cointech77

Activity: 139

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 03:19:27 PM

No web/mobile wallet?
template

Activity: 1085
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 05:24:01 PM

-------------> $1-
fast price up
slow price down

do not buy now
q327K091
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 05:42:38 PM

-------------> $1-
fast price up
slow price down

do not buy now

after such a wonderful post by jakiman "this" arrived.. tell ya
Pages: « 1 ... 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 [380] 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 ... 541 »
  Print  

Jump to: