Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 08:42:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: .

Pages: « 1 ... 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 [423] 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 ... 541 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][PIVX] - PRIVATE INSTANT VERIFIED TRANSACTION - PROOF OF STAKE - ZEROCOIN  (Read 782149 times)
sth2017

Activity: 616
Merit: 256

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2017, 04:00:55 PM

2 weeks as a stock exchange Yobit wallet for technical work. The community PIVX is not worried about its users who have money?

████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████

████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
|
|

_████████_       
      _████████████████_     
    _███████       ██████_   
   _████            ██████_  
  _████                ████_ 
  ████                   ███
 ████                    ████
  ████                  ███
   ████          ██     ███¯
    ███         ████   ███¯  
     ████         ██ ████   
      ¯██████   ███████  ¯    
        ¯█████████  ██
                     ███
                      ████

_████████_       
      _ ██████████████_     
      ██████       ████_   
      ████          ████_  
      ████           ████_ 
      █████          ███¯   
      █████████████████¯ 
      ██████████████¯
      ████¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯████__
      ████        ¯¯████_  
      ████          ¯████_
      ████           ¯████           

████_      ████¯      
       ████_    ████¯      
        ████_  ████¯       
         ████ ████¯       
          ███████¯     
        _████ ████     
       _████  ¯████    
      _████    ¯████    
     _████      ¯████    

|
|
QURREX - QRXTest MVP |Source
www.qurrex.com

████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████

████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Crypto Baron

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 06:50:04 PM

10k pivx here, was staking 2/3 a day, and now suddenly the staking is like 1x every 3-4x days...

any ideas what is happening?

more stakers than masternodes?

Its a huge drop for me :|

Probably just some poor luck.  I seem to be staking even more frequently recently.

q327K091
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 07:52:33 PM

market is undergoing an adjustment , watching it very close , possible deep entries will be made in due time

haven't been on slack in some time so just signaling presence , very very interesting time for traders (of smarter shade category)
btct22

Activity: 615
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 11:56:57 PM

market is undergoing an adjustment , watching it very close , possible deep entries will be made in due time

haven't been on slack in some time so just signaling presence , very very interesting time for traders (of smarter shade category)

Do you mean for PIVX or the Alt market in general?   Any hot tips?  Grin
b4h4mu7

Activity: 337
Merit: 315

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 12:43:49 AM

The Zerocoin protocol requires a trusted setup. The risk with this specific protocol is the trusted party is able to mint an unlimited amount of coins. I see no documentation from these developers on how they plan to proceed with the initialization. All they've managed to do here is hire a decent graphic designer and post a bunch of whitepapers from other projects.. this doesn't equal credibility nor should it warrant investment.

A word of investment advice from someone who has specialized in the privacy vertical since 2013 - stay away from projects that don't have the necessary talent to release their own whitepapers or properly address concerns such as this achilles heel. Every time there is a major pump in cryptocurrency world its always followed up with a few projects promising Zerocoin. The only one still around is Anoncoin, whose lead dev is also the lead of the i2p project. They've been pioneering the RSA-UFO process for years without success even despite possessing the technical qualifications.

Unless this project has a cryptographer advising or working with them I would advise that you stay away. The underlying foundation of any cryptocurrency is cryptography and if a team doesn't know what they are doing they will run the risk of causing you financial exposure. This is even more important when dealing with distributed privacy protocols whose weak design and/or implementation can lead to imprisonment, persecution and death.

If this project was legit they would of released a whitepaper before they launched addressing their methods to achieve a trustless implementation. The lack of one proves otherwise.

Quote from:  Zerocoin Whitepaper
Our protocol assumes a trusted setup process for generating the parameters… accumulator trapdoor (p; q) can be destroyed >>immediately after the parameters are generated.

This is a serious flaw. All past transactions can be revealed with knowledge of (p,q). How can i trust the developers to destroy the (p,q)?

"Alternatively, implementers can use the technique of Sander for generating so-called RSA UFOs for accumulator parameters without a trapdoor [26]."

I looked the paper and noticed: 1) this is probabilistic algo; 2) it can be performed by a single person — and again we need to trust. How exactly can it be implemented in p2p network like bitcoin without requiring trust?

Moreover: if trapdoor (p,q) will eventually recovered by some factorization method all past transaction will be revealed and new setup procedure will be required.
AngusCanine
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

To weird to live To rare to die

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2017, 01:00:49 AM

The Zerocoin protocol requires a trusted setup. The risk with this specific protocol is the trusted party is able to mint an unlimited amount of coins. I see no documentation from these developers on how they plan to proceed with the initialization. All they've managed to do here is hire a decent graphic designer and post a bunch of whitepapers from other projects.. this doesn't equal credibility nor should it warrant investment.

A word of investment advice from someone who has specialized in the privacy vertical since 2013 - stay away from projects that don't have the necessary talent to release their own whitepapers or properly address concerns such as this achilles heel. Every time there is a major pump in cryptocurrency world its always followed up with a few projects promising Zerocoin. The only one still around is Anoncoin, whose lead dev is also the lead of the i2p project. They've been pioneering the RSA-UFO process for years without success even despite possessing the technical qualifications.

Unless this project has a cryptographer advising or working with them I would advise that you stay away. The underlying foundation of any cryptocurrency is cryptography and if a team doesn't know what they are doing they will run the risk of causing you financial exposure. This is even more important when dealing with distributed privacy protocols whose weak design and/or implementation can lead to imprisonment, persecution and death.

If this project was legit they would of released a whitepaper before they launched addressing their methods to achieve a trustless implementation. The lack of one proves otherwise.

Our protocol assumes a trusted setup process for generating the parameters… accumulator trapdoor (p; q) can be destroyed >>immediately after the parameters are generated.

This is a serious flaw. All past transactions can be revealed with knowledge of (p,q). How can i trust the developers to destroy the (p,q)?

"Alternatively, implementers can use the technique of Sander for generating so-called RSA UFOs for accumulator parameters without a trapdoor [26]."

I looked the paper and noticed: 1) this is probabilistic algo; 2) it can be performed by a single person — and again we need to trust. How exactly can it be implemented in p2p network like bitcoin without requiring trust?

Moreover: if trapdoor (p,q) will eventually recovered by some factorization method all past transaction will be revealed and new setup procedure will be required.
zerocash needs a trusted i don't think zerocoin does or at least Zcoin didn't they used some kind of RSA encryption or something of that nature
btct22

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 01:40:37 AM
Last edit: July 15, 2017, 01:57:14 AM by btct22

zerocash needs a trusted i don't think zerocoin does or at least Zcoin didn't they used some kind of RSA encryption or something of that nature

https://isi.jhu.edu/~mgreen/ZerocoinOakland.pdf - It's there on page 6 of this doc.  Thanks for the warning about this, any devs care to comment about this issue?

Interesting discussion and ideas:
 https://www.reddit.com/r/ZeroCoin/comments/1tplgt/please_help_us_implement_zerocoin/
tintumon

Activity: 364

dinkimole nokkalle...

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 03:35:06 AM

2 weeks as a stock exchange Yobit wallet for technical work. The community PIVX is not worried about its users who have money?
Yobit was always been shady. They are the ones who introduced IOUs and there are lots of complaints about their support on other coins.
As a user I will stay away from them.
b4h4mu7

Activity: 337
Merit: 315

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 05:37:30 AM

Both protocols call for a trusted party setup with the exception of the RSA UFO method as per the Zerocoin whitepaper (https://wiki.anoncoin.net/RSA_UFO). Zcoin (the altcoin) also used a trusted initialization.

Quote from: zcoin.io/ufaqs/what-parameters-does-zcoin-use-for-its-setup
Zcoin would eventually shift to a different cryptographic scheme for its setup parameters or move to a trustless setup entirely.
IMO, it's another worthless project profiting off uniformed investors. Anyone paying more than $.01 per coin for either project is out of their minds. I called the Zcoin developer out in his slack channel when the project launched last year and told their community the same thing. The community has to trust that the developers aren't minting their own coins and bleeding them into the market. At that point you might as well deal with a central bank's printing press and the FX market.

https://isi.jhu.edu/~mgreen/ZerocoinOakland.pdf - It's there on page 6 of this doc.  Thanks for the warning about this, any devs care to comment about this issue?

https://www.reddit.com/r/ZeroCoin/comments/1tplgt/please_help_us_implement_zerocoin/

My pleasure. I usually avoid these types of posts because cryptocurrency communities are tribalistic in nature, which usually leads to cultist denial followed up by personal attacks on the messenger. Although, I felt obligated since nobody has brought this up after 427 pages and more than likely the majority here are new to this technology.
AngusCanine
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

To weird to live To rare to die

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2017, 06:14:24 AM

Both protocols call for a trusted party setup with the exception of the RSA UFO method as per the Zerocoin whitepaper (https://wiki.anoncoin.net/RSA_UFO). Zcoin (the altcoin) also used a trusted initialization.

Zcoin would eventually shift to a different cryptographic scheme for its setup parameters or move to a trustless setup entirely.
IMO, it's another worthless project profiting off uniformed investors. Anyone paying more than $.01 per coin for either project is out of their minds. I called the Zcoin developer out in his slack channel when the project launched last year and told their community the same thing. The community has to trust that the developers aren't minting their own coins and bleeding them into the market. At that point you might as well deal with a central bank's printing press and the FX market.

My pleasure. I usually avoid these types of posts because cryptocurrency communities are tribalistic in nature, which usually leads to cultist denial followed up by personal attacks on the messenger. Although, I felt obligated since nobody has brought this up after 427 pages and more than likely the majority here are new to this technology.
the zerocoin protocol has a coin supply that can be audited unlike zerocash
btct22

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 09:35:09 AM

So you're saying that once PIVX moves to full time Zerocoin and the initial parameters are retained, the devs could fiddle the coin supply without anyone knowing?  Or would that become apparent because there's a known supply?    Anyway I was just in the PIVX Development slack and asked a few questions, and sounds like there's no real white paper worthy solution to this as yet.
q327K091
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 10:19:49 AM

So you're saying that once PIVX moves to full time Zerocoin and the initial parameters are retained, the devs could fiddle the coin supply without anyone knowing?  Or would that become apparent because there's a known supply?    Anyway I was just in the PIVX Development slack and asked a few questions, and sounds like there's no real white paper worthy solution to this as yet.

so far I just see ya writing on the subject and not key people involved  Smiley nothing shall gets released unless it is fully vetted some have already bet not small amounts in advance that it is (key in any investment for *after* often its way too late)
btct22

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 10:37:43 AM

so far I just see ya writing on the subject and not key people involved  Smiley nothing shall gets released unless it is fully vetted some have already bet not small amounts in advance that it is (key in any investment for *after* often its way too late)

Is that a "just shut up and wait" ?  Ok, fine. I intend to be a long term PIVX holder but am wary of hidden issues and false promises due to past experiences in BTC land.
q327K091
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 10:47:33 AM

Is that a "just shut up and wait" ?  Ok, fine. I intend to be a long term PIVX holder but am wary of hidden issues and false promises due to past experiences in BTC land.

or you could put money in some of the red areas that are raging in the market right now!  Cool  I wont tell ya my trading strategy that would disturb Nash game theory principles  Cool
B1tUnl0ck3r

Activity: 854
Merit: 277

liife threw a tempest at you? be a coconut !

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 02:26:33 PM

Nice to see some very interesting discussion here today! What a pleasure and surprise, a problem with slack?

In my opinion, any form of trust setup is a trap in itself. The point of cryptos is to be able to use trustless system.

Thanks for sharing those links.

https://isi.jhu.edu/~mgreen/ZerocoinOakland.pdf - It's there on page 6 of this doc.  Thanks for the warning about this, any devs care to comment about this issue?

the zerocoin protocol has a coin supply that can be audited unlike zerocash

Thank you both to share your opinions. It's very refreshing to read it. Because what ever is said by devs or a marketing team, or even if I was part of the trusted setup, real money in the market will not get fooled. Zerotrust is the key factor to master.

so far I just see ya writing on the subject and not key people involved  Smiley nothing shall gets released unless it is fully vetted some have already bet not small amounts in advance that it is (key in any investment for *after* often its way too late)

Nope, please it's the all interest of this unmoderated post. What ever questions or doubts that you have will most likely be shared by others in the market place.

So from our cumulative knowledge one real advantage that zerocoin protocol has over zerocash is that at least the coin supply can be checked.

Thank you again for your contributions to the topic!

So you're saying that once PIVX moves to full time Zerocoin and the initial parameters are retained, the devs could fiddle the coin supply without anyone knowing?  Or would that become apparent because there's a known supply?    Anyway I was just in the PIVX Development slack and asked a few questions, and sounds like there's no real white paper worthy solution to this as yet.

No, it seems that this problem of unchecked coin supply is with zerocash, the question is to know if the implementation of zerocoin protocol is trustless.

Btw it was asked a few pages earlier and no clear answer was given.

When the people of the world will get that covid was intentionally released to frame china, steal the election from trump, assure massive bail outs and foster the forced vaccination agendas...they will forget, like 911, wmds in irak, uss liberty or pedogate.
rijktyum

Activity: 67
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 02:53:05 PM

pivx dump?
pwpwpw

Activity: 908
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 04:32:28 PM

pivx dump?

congratulations, you win the best comment award on the forum ! and to answer you, pivx pump ?

q327K091
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 05:36:48 PM

pivx dump?

congratulations, you win the best comment award on the forum ! and to answer you, pivx pump ?

lol, lets turn this to (for times are stressful, not! for some maybe) to a humor run like on slack or maybe not, nice write up by B1tUnl0ck3r as per usual

da wallet release with zcoin protocol shall be glorious

maybe a slight tip for the community dont worry about BTC it shall bounce back hard
q327K091
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 04:30:30 PM

record breaking on approach trajectories, temporary price fluctuations are irrelevant

http://178.254.23.111/~pub/DN/DN_Info.html
qgmurugan007

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 12:40:54 AM

Its amazing how PIVX is holding its value at this time of altcoin dump.
Shows the coin's true potential.
Pages: « 1 ... 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 [423] 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 ... 541 »
  Print  

Jump to: