Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:47:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: .

Pages: « 1 ... 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 [447] 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 ... 541 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][PIVX] - PRIVATE INSTANT VERIFIED TRANSACTION - PROOF OF STAKE - ZEROCOIN  (Read 782150 times)
SnappySnap

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

Be the change you wish to see in the world.

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 05:50:36 AM

my wallet just turned 100 piv into 100pivz automatically. I didnt click anything , is this normal ?

after that a second transaction appeared and it crashed, syncing from beginning now

There is a TON of traffic on the network (over 1000tx in mem hit all at once when zPIV when live... and was expected).  The network is catching up with itself basically and should be smooth soon.

In the interim:  If you didn't read the release notes on github....

V3.0 of the wallet outlined that the wallets are set to automint 10% of balances to zPIV (for a plethora of reasons). 

A nice overview is here as well!

https://pivx.org/zpiv/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DRPD
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 06:37:40 AM

my wallet just turned 100 piv into 100pivz automatically. I didnt click anything , is this normal ?

after that a second transaction appeared and it crashed, syncing from beginning now

There is a TON of traffic on the network (over 1000tx in mem hit all at once when zPIV when live... and was expected).  The network is catching up with itself basically and should be smooth soon.

In the interim:  If you didn't read the release notes on github....

V3.0 of the wallet outlined that the wallets are set to automint 10% of balances to zPIV (for a plethora of reasons).  

A nice overview is here as well!

https://pivx.org/zpiv/

hmm my wallet has converted about 20% from piv to zpiv (even if staking is disabled and wallet is locked)
the total amount of my coins is now correspondingly lower. i can't see the converted coins anywhere & can't spend it

is this normal and when will i be able to see/spend the missing coins again?

Monkey1

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 06:41:18 AM

A new mail has arrived.

"We have added Pivx to HolyTransaction"

Pivx Wallet features

Just like Bitcoin and all the other supported cryptocurrencies, you can now:

Send Pivx to any address, even to addresses of other cryptocurrencies with instant conversion on the fly;
Receive transactions;
Exchange Pivx;
Make instant transactions between HT users;
Get real time exchange rates on the website;
Set OTP for additional protection.

▄▄█████▄▄
         ▄▄███████████▄▄
      ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
   ▄▄███████████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▀██▀       ▀▀████████
███████  ▄████  ███████▄  ███████
███████ █████  ██████████ ███████
███████ ██████████  █████ ███████
███████  ▀███████  ███▀   ███████
████████▄▄        ██   ▄▄████████
 ▀█████████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████████████▀▀
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀███████████▀▀
            ▀▀█████▀▀

.THRIVING CRYPTOCURRENCY..
.MARKET WITH CRYPTOBONDS..

▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

INITIAL COIN OFFERING
SEPTEMBER 30

██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
██████
         ▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄███▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀███████▄
  █████ ███████ █▄▀███████
 ██████ ███████ ███▄▀██████
▐██████ ███████▄▄▄▄▄▄ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
 ██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████
  █████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ ████
   ▀███▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄██▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀

...READ THE....
.WHITEPAPER.

▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄████████████████████▄
  ███████████████▀▀  █████
 ████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
 ████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
  ████████████████▄▄██████
   ▀████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
TWITTER
FACEBOOK
MEDIUM
REDDIT
GITHUB
SLACK
EleanorZ

Activity: 359
Merit: 270

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 07:15:44 AM
Last edit: October 17, 2017, 07:58:58 AM by EleanorZ

hmm my wallet has converted about 20% from piv to zpiv (even if staking is disabled and wallet is locked)
the total amount of my coins is now correspondingly lower. i can't see the converted coins anywhere & can't spend it

Man...I admit I didn't read all the fine print about zCoin implementation, and I just about had a heart attack when I saw that the mysteriously named 'zPiv Accumulator' was withdrawing coins...

Anyway, to echo DRPD's point:

- 35.5% of my balance has been converted from PIV to zPIV. Not 10%, not 20%...35.5%. That's a lot.
- I'm not sure if our friend the Accumulator is still doing its thing, but my total balance is down by 1000; i.e., my PIV total + my zPIV total is 1000 less than my previous PIV-only total. I'm assuming (hoping) it takes awhile for everything to sort itself out?

Edit: the 'missing' 1000 PIV have returned as zPIV. The question about why ~36% of the total got converted, instead of the expected 10%, remains.
SunStruck

Activity: 676
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 07:27:24 AM

Yea same , had a huge shock when I saw all my balance gone in the explorer.

And yes it takes a bit longer to have it converted as all was executed at once basically.

Wait for the next blocks then it should be sorted out.
Mett33

Activity: 200
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 07:40:25 AM

I got 26,37% converted

But i lost 0,06 Piv because of conversation to zPiv and if i will convert back to Piv i will lost total 0,12 Piv.

Why they did this on our fee? Will not be better to left zPiv 0 ballance and if someone want to convert will do by their own.
DRPD
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 07:56:40 AM

Man...I admit I didn't read all the fine print about zCoin implementation, and I just about had a heart attack when I saw that the mysteriously named 'zPiv Accumulator' was withdrawing coins...

Anyway, to echo DRPD's point:

- 35.5% of my balance has been converted from PIV to zPIV. Not 10%, not 20%...35.5%. That's a lot.
- I'm not sure if our friend the Accumulator is still doing its thing, but my total balance is down by 1000; i.e., my PIV total + my zPIV total is 1000 less than my previous PIV-only total. I'm assuming (hoping) it takes awhile for everything to sort itself out?

yes amount is raising and raising every hour (i'm at 30% soon too). my wallet is also sending/converting more than one transaction at the same time (see pic)

i guess if i don't close my wallet now my total amount will be ~zero soon

we should at least see how much coins we have on Accu. and the total should be displayed correctly.
everything else is very scary and i still wonder when i can use/see all the missing coins again??

fingers crossed!
EleanorZ

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 08:02:37 AM

we should at least see how much coins we have on Accu. and the total should be displayed correctly.
everything else is very scary and i still wonder when i can use/see all the missing coins again??

fingers crossed!

I can confirm that, after a while, my total (PIV + zPIV) is now back to what it should be. So that part seems to be working OK...just a bit scary while it's happening. Keep your fingers crossed just to be safe, though Smiley

But even now that the dust has settled, it's still almost 36% of my total that got converted to zPIV, rather than the 10% I was expecting. So that question is still unanswered.

Regardless, for those who will no doubt be coming here over the next few hours: Yes, your total will fluctuate. Yes it is confusing at first. No, your coins are not lost; just wait a while. I also don't know why > 10% are converted to zPIV; devs will have to answer that.
DRPD
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 08:16:04 AM

fingers crossed!

I can confirm that, after a while, my total (PIV + zPIV) is now back to what it should be. So that part seems to be working OK...just a bit scary while it's happening. Keep your fingers crossed just to be safe, though Smiley

But even now that the dust has settled, it's still almost 36% of my total that got converted to zPIV, rather than the 10% I was expecting. So that question is still unanswered.

Regardless, for those who will no doubt be coming here over the next few hours: Yes, your total will fluctuate. Yes it is confusing at first. No, your coins are not lost; just wait a while. I also don't know why > 10% are converted to zPIV; devs will have to answer that.

hmm i'm still missing ~30% of my coins. not sure if i should let my wallet open or not.

i just cheked "settings / options" and "Precentage of autominted zPIV" is set to 10% not sure what the second setting is for: "zPiv Denomination" ....
florincoinsforlife

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 08:57:41 AM
Last edit: October 17, 2017, 09:56:57 AM by florincoinsforlife

5 tips:

1) Desktop wallet automatically converts 10% of your pivx balance into zPiv. Some users are reporting more than 10% being converted. This is most likely because of a lack of confirmations and your wallet is trying to create zPiv twice for the same PIVX. Just wait and when the network is less congested it should even out.
2) Make sure to backup your wallets after the automint or any time you mint zPiv. The keys to your zPiv are created when your wallet mints them and a backup BEFORE the mint occurs does not hold this information nor can it deterministically recreate the information to gain access to your NEWLY minted zPiv. Backup your wallets people!
3) If you spend zPiv, it will show up in the receiving address as Pivx. This is by design.
4) Do not force close your desktop wallet. Let it do its thing. You shouldn't need to risk corrupting your blockchain data and needing to re-sync all over again.
5) Welcome to the birth of the world's first ever anonymous proof of stake cryptocurrency!
SnappySnap

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

Be the change you wish to see in the world.

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 02:18:59 PM

Reposted from PIVX SLACK:

OK, a little summary cause there are a lot of trolls and some fearful pivians out there now wondering what happened to their wallets/ funds / pivs / zpivs etc.

First of all, every single coin is safe!

So what happened:
- The automint function should create 10% zpivs from your wallet amounts.
- Unfortunately the function created sometimes up to 40% zpivs.
- The devs located the problem and will release a fix.
- No coins are lost, although some people have fear cause the zpivs aren't visible yet.

For everybody believing that pivs are missing / or zpivs dont show up: if you go to the Privacy tab, you'll see which denominations are unconfirmed. they'll be spendable soon, just wait.

This is software development, and every investor needs to understand that. PIVX aren't changing the brakes on a car where the cost and schedule are easily defined. PIVX is doing something that no one has done before - adding Zerocoin to a POS coin. There were experts out there who said it was not possible. I think PIVX devs proved them wrong, but the point is, "Shit happens"_ and some bugs occur - especially when doing something so extremely difficult.

KUDOS to the devs for daring to go where no one else.
DRPD
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 02:50:26 PM
Last edit: October 17, 2017, 03:01:40 PM by DRPD

thanks SnappySnap but some of us are missing coins and don't have any unconfirmed denominations in privacy tab.

FYI:

i still miss about 19k zPIV. On Privacy Tab all is 0.
executing "ReScan" on Privacy Tab,  "resetmintzerocoin true" in debug windows, "Recover transactions 1" from tools, resync from scratch all this did not help and my total is still 19k to low.

i got the following answer from jakiman:

"Just make sure you backup this current wallet.dat."  and
"... even some of the team members have the same issue with missing zPIV after conversion. So we are waiting for the new wallet update as the dev assured us that the zPIV is not lost."

so if you miss coins like me you just can wait and hope for the update .....

q327K091
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1010

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 03:19:44 PM

very sophisticated software codebase release that went very well
BITCOINDENMARK

Activity: 280

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 04:43:34 PM

my wallet 3.0 refuse to close, its been standing in same mode all day; "pivx is closeing down......" I am afraid to force it down , what to do ?
I did make a backup, but unclear if it was before the zpiv stuff...
EleanorZ

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 06:09:07 PM

my wallet 3.0 refuse to close, its been standing in same mode all day; "pivx is closeing down......" I am afraid to force it down , what to do ?

May or may not be relevant, but it did the same thing for me but *did* eventually shut down. I assumed it was in the middle of some important xPIV-related processes. Then, when I started the wallet again, it re-scanned all blocks so was very slow. Once that was done, everything has been back to normal.

It shouldn't matter when your backup occurred relative to zPIV implementation, since all the zPIV conversion blocks will be in the blockchain already anyway.

My overall impression of zPIV implementation is that yes, there have been a couple of hiccups, but overall it's gone quite smoothly for such a significant change. Kudos to the devs for once again delivering.
Turing

Activity: 994
Merit: 277

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 07:24:06 PM

It seems I have now ~5000 zPIV and ~5000 PIV  Grin

I'll wait for the update but I don't think there's a problem with having zPIV anyway?
LemonAndFriesOne
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 07:26:34 PM

Question:

What is the benefit of automatically turning people's pivx into zpiv? What about if some of them don't want to do that? What about the fees? Why do it automatically, shouldn't the end user be the one who decides to turn it on for themselves?

Should I close my wallet? I am way from my wallet and I know it is converting into zpiv, my worry is that it might be lost and not recovered even though devs said not to worry and it might just decide to convert my whole balance into zpiv.
Turing

Activity: 994
Merit: 277

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 07:32:05 PM

Question:

What is the benefit of automatically turning people's pivx into zpiv? What about if some of them don't want to do that? What about the fees? Why do it automatically, shouldn't the end user be the one who decides to turn it on for themselves?

Should I close my wallet? I am way from my wallet and I know it is converting into zpiv, my worry is that it might be lost and not recovered even though devs said not to worry and it might just decide to convert my whole balance into zpiv.

I'm not sure but I think it's because the zPIV are needed for the mixing of coins, so there has to be a minimal amount of zPIV to create extra anonymity.

I didn't lose a single PIV / zPIV.
At first I missed around 3000 but they returned after 6 hours of leaving the wallet open.
btct22

Activity: 615
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 07:48:32 PM

I'm still missing 2K zPiv even after 860 confirmations of all the zPiv Accumulator TXs.. Yeah not super awesome that it auto triggered everyone's wallets at once without clear info about what was happening.  Hope it gets resolved soon.

BITCOINDENMARK

Activity: 280

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 09:57:45 PM
Last edit: October 17, 2017, 10:18:07 PM by BITCOINDENMARK

May or may not be relevant, but it did the same thing for me but *did* eventually shut down. I assumed it was in the middle of some important xPIV-related processes. Then, when I started the wallet again, it re-scanned all blocks so was very slow. Once that was done, everything has been back to normal.

It shouldn't matter when your backup occurred relative to zPIV implementation, since all the zPIV conversion blocks will be in the blockchain already anyway.

My overall impression of zPIV implementation is that yes, there have been a couple of hiccups, but overall it's gone quite smoothly for such a significant change. Kudos to the devs for once again delivering.
Thanks Eleanor for replying, I lost patience and closed it, now after open on another computer, missing 100 PIV and "Zerocoin" balance unconfirmed is 0.
And agree with btct22, not super awesome that it auto triggered everyone's wallets at once.
Pages: « 1 ... 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 [447] 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 ... 541 »
  Print  

Jump to: