Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:00:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: .

Pages: « 1 ... 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 [487] 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 ... 541 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][PIVX] - PRIVATE INSTANT VERIFIED TRANSACTION - PROOF OF STAKE - ZEROCOIN  (Read 782149 times)
legday

Activity: 560
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 12:34:47 AM

I'm curious about the new exchange you keep mentioning on twitter. could you give at least approximate date of listing? Days, weeks or months?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fuongy

Activity: 106
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 01:18:23 AM

Great news for PIVX

Prominent cryptographer Jonathan Bootle has joined the PIVX development team!

Known for being one of the key cryptographers who developed and wrote the whitepaper on Bulletproofs, Bootle’s work will be focused on integrating breakthrough Bulletproofs into PIVX’s custom Zerocoin protocol.

In short – what does this mean for PIVX?

PIVX’s Zerocoin proofs, or transaction size, will become a fraction of their current size.
PIVX will be able to achieve a trustless Zerocoin setup.

Turing

Activity: 994
Merit: 277

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:23:37 AM

There are actually 2 places to stake this coin:

LINK:
* removed *

&

LINK:
* removed *

From what I have seen (after staking 5k DVRS in both sites to test), staking labs has the easiest interface and much faster withdrawals/deposits as well as current coin block number information which is extremely helpful to know as there is a 7000% ROI (premium block) every 1000 blocks (which lasts 100 blocks), so timing your staking to hit the premium block time may be helpful to some people.

However stake united has the best ROI, which can be up to 20% daily (both websites provide compounding interest - which means you get your ROI % based not only on your initial stake, but also on stake rewards received, a simple calculation on a 1000 DVRS investment would look as follows based on a daily compounding ROI of 20%:

Initial stake: 1000 DVRS
Day 1: 1200 (1000 + 20%)
Day 2: 1440 (1200 + 20%)
Day 3: 1728 (1440 + 20%)
Day 4: 2073 (1728 + 20%)
Day 5: 2487 (2073 + 20%)
etc.

To buy your DVRS, these 2 exchanges are the only currently available:

https://www.coinexchange.io/ - Has the largest volume of trading activity for DVRS - usually sitting at around 10-12 BTC buy orders

https://stocks.exchange/ - Has a lower trading volume but still enough to get started staking in DVRS - usually sitting at around 0.5-2 BTC buy orders

Hope this helps out the newbies who can't quite make the 20k DVRS required to stake without the use of a pool, feel free to shoot me a PM for those who need more questions answered.

Never use stakepools.
You may lose your coins, they are not in your hands when in a stakepool.

And stop spamming your hidden referrals.
lipatti

Activity: 80
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 10:47:29 AM

Hello,

I'm new here. I have some questions.
How to keep the coin safe : wallet or pool.
Is it possible to have % return with pool ? witch pool is seroius ?

How long it take to transfer coin to Bittrex from wallet or pool.

Thanks in advance...

stan86

Activity: 1092
Merit: 511

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 01:48:15 PM

Upbit Korea exchange announced today that $PIVX wallet will come online very soon. Means everyone who bought #PIVX there will soon be able to withdraw PIV out of Upbit and start staking or run masternodes!
https://twitter.com/jakimanboy/status/968842459785576448
Sulfurath

Activity: 346
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 01:54:22 PM

Hmmm so Pivx is has masternodes already or are still trying to implement them?
I was looking at buying some pivx but still not yet convinced.

DRPD
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 02:37:01 PM

mn's long time ago in early 2016 even before rebranding from dnet to pivx ........
EleanorZ

Activity: 359
Merit: 270

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:18:34 PM
Last edit: February 28, 2018, 09:08:33 PM by EleanorZ

PIVX is proof of stake, which means you will receive a reward for staking your coins in the wallet. 90% of each block of 5 PIVX (i.e., 4.5 Piv) is distributed between masternodes and stakers according to PIVX's 'see-saw' mechanism. Currently, the absolute reward increment is higher for masternodes (2.34 vs. 2.16), but the rate of receiving rewards is higher for staking, because not all possible coins are being staked. Thus, it is currently slightly more profitable overall to stake than to run a masternode. To stake, you need to leave the wallet running as much as possible, preferably 24/7. You can accomplish this yourself, or you can pay someone else to do it for you.

It is ALWAYS safer to keep your PIVX (or any other coin) in your own wallet, for which you, and only you, possess the private keys. When you use a staking pool, you are sending your coins to someone else's wallet over which you have no control, and you are trusting that they will be honest and/or that the service will not shut down. You are also paying them a fee for a service that you could be performing for yourself for free (aside from electricity costs). The ONLY time you should consider using a staking pool is if you have very few Piv, and it would take too long to receive a reward by staking them yourself. Even then it's doubtful if the risks of losing control of your coins outweigh the benefits of a few small reward payments.

Regardless, the % return will always be lower in a staking pool because you are paying them a cut of your profits in return for doing the work for you. Again, the cost/benefit equation for whether to use a staking pool will be a function of 1) how many Piv you have; 2) the costs associated with staking in your region (i.e., electricity cost + availability of a computer that you can leave running); and 3) the level of risk you are willing to tolerate.

I don't feel as strongly as others on this forum that you should never use a staking pool, but I think it is a risky choice and, personally, I wouldn't do it. Those who do go this route should do so only after understanding all the risks and carefully weighing the costs and benefits.

Transferring PIVX from a PIVX wallet you control to another PIVX wallet is very fast--like, a few seconds. When an exchange is involved, the process often takes longer. I haven't used Bittrex for a while (I prefer Binance) but I don't remember it taking more than 10-15 minutes +/- for PIVX transactions to be confirmed (generally they're faster going from the exchange to your wallet, and slower going from your wallet to the exchange).

When a pool is involved, there is no clear answer. Again, YOU DO NOT CONTROL YOUR OWN COINS when you use a pool. If you want to remove them from the pool, you need to essentially ask the pool admins if you can please have your coins back. It takes some time for your request to be processed, so you're usually looking at 24-48 hours (yes, hours, not minutes) until you receive your coins. It could be longer if they are understaffed, or have technical problems, or are dishonest, or for any number of other reasons. Likewise, transferring into a staking pool is a slower process than transferring anywhere else.
fuongy

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 10:55:53 PM

Shout out to all the PIVians out there!! 🎉🎉We have @BryanDoreian 😎from PIVX for a livestream interview MAR 2nd Fri 11:00 am KST  🙌🙌 Hear and share the excitement Bryan has to say about PIVX.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AVEKHJtd3sQ

fuongy

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 11:57:37 PM

For anyone looking into PIVX here are some of the many already available Features of PIVX

-   Privacy (First Proof of Stake to implement Zerocoin)
-   Proof Of  Stake (low energy way to earn PIVX)
-   Masternodes – Also earn PIVX and provide governance
-   Project has Funding is continuous to keep development going
-   Great Marketing
-   Great Developers pushing new tech and delivering
-   Great community (join Discord)
-   Has professional Cryptographers on the Team.
-   Supported on the Hardware Wallet Ledger
-   Supported on Bittrex, Binance and many more great exchanges
-   And much more not listed already completed….

Roadmap for 2018 is even more exciting, visit pivx.org for details.
fuongy

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 08:50:33 AM

Major PIVX wallet release coming in March as per road map. Highlights include: Deterministic zPIV minting, Zerocoin zPIV Staking (aka stealth staking, zPoS), new wallet GUI design, tons of stability, usability & performance enhancements, bug fixes & more!

Keep it purple people.
lipatti

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 02:15:13 PM

PIVX is proof of stake, which means you will receive a reward for staking your coins in the wallet. 90% of each block of 5 PIVX (i.e., 4.5 Piv) is distributed between masternodes and stakers according to PIVX's 'see-saw' mechanism. Currently, the absolute reward increment is higher for masternodes (2.34 vs. 2.16), but the rate of receiving rewards is higher for skating, because not all possible coins are being staked. Thus, it is currently slightly more profitable overall to stake than to run a masternode. To stake, you need to leave the wallet running as much as possible, preferably 24/7. You can accomplish this yourself, or you can pay someone else to do it for you.

It is ALWAYS safer to keep your PIVX (or any other coin) in your own wallet, for which you, and only you, possess the private keys. When you use a staking pool, you are sending your coins to someone else's wallet over which you have no control, and you are trusting that they will be honest and/or that the service will not shut down. You are also paying them a fee for a service that you could be performing for yourself for free (aside from electricity costs). The ONLY time you should consider using a staking pool is if you have very few Piv, and it would take too long to receive a reward by staking them yourself. Even then it's doubtful if the risks of losing control of your coins outweigh the benefits of a few small reward payments.

Regardless, the % return will always be lower in a staking pool because you are paying them a cut of your profits in return for doing the work for you. Again, the cost/benefit equation for whether to use a staking pool will be a function of 1) how many Piv you have; 2) the costs associated with staking in your region (i.e., electricity cost + availability of a computer that you can leave running); and 3) the level of risk you are willing to tolerate.

I don't feel as strongly as others on this forum that you should never use a staking pool, but I think it is a risky choice and, personally, I wouldn't do it. Those who do go this route should do so only after understanding all the risks and carefully weighing the costs and benefits.

Transferring PIVX from a PIVX wallet you control to another PIVX wallet is very fast--like, a few seconds. When an exchange is involved, the process often takes longer. I haven't used Bittrex for a while (I prefer Binance) but I don't remember it taking more than 10-15 minutes +/- for PIVX transactions to be confirmed (generally they're faster going from the exchange to your wallet, and slower going from your wallet to the exchange).

When a pool is involved, there is no clear answer. Again, YOU DO NOT CONTROL YOUR OWN COINS when you use a pool. If you want to remove them from the pool, you need to essentially ask the pool admins if you can please have your coins back. It takes some time for your request to be processed, so you're usually looking at 24-48 hours (yes, hours, not minutes) until you receive your coins. It could be longer if they are understaffed, or have technical problems, or are dishonest, or for any number of other reasons. Likewise, transferring into a staking pool is a slower process than transferring anywhere else.

Ok many thanks to take the time to answer me. I thought binance was hight commission and register a new account was difficult too. Bittrex become complicate. Ok no pool for me with my new pivx it sound risky. How receive a reward for staking my coins in the wallet can i find a video with explication ? Thanks in advance.
EleanorZ

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 05:17:08 PM

Ok many thanks to take the time to answer me. I thought binance was hight commission and register a new account was difficult too. Bittrex become complicate. Ok no pool for me with my new pivx it sound risky. How receive a reward for staking my coins in the wallet can i find a video with explication ? Thanks in advance.

Bittrex = 0.25% trading fee. Have to verify your account to use it. On the positive side, it's still the highest volume, which makes trading easier.
Cryptopia = 0.2% (I think--they aren't very clear). 5000 NZD daily withdrawal limit for unverified accounts. Easy to register a new account.
Binance = 0.1%, and if you pay your fees in BNB (Binance coins) it's half that, plus you can get referral bonuses if you refer others to Binance. Registering a new account is easy IF they are currently accepting new accounts, but I'm not sure if they are right now. 2 BTC daily withdrawal limit for unverified accounts. Main drawback now is that the volume is relatively low for PIVX.

Information on staking PIVX is available here: https://pivx.org/knowledge-base/staking-setup-guide/

Here is an un-official video talking about the same thing, but honestly, it's faster just to read the article above: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6tAXgd481o

Again, just to be clear: I have not yet heard any negative reviews of the available staking pools. So far, they seem to work, so if you have less than ~500 Piv and you're willing to take the risk, they may be worth considering. I just think it's important that people understand that staking pools are risky, and that they are trusting someone else with their coins.

fuongy

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 08:25:38 PM

If your curious on an estimate on the amount of rewards and frequency with staking pivx, here is a useful calculator.

http://pivx.cryptonode.co

I wouldn’t use a staking pool, As I prefer not to take the risk If giving control of coins to others if possible.
fuongy

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 09:49:47 PM

PiVX privacy

Make sense of Zero Knowledge Proofs with @FusedHelios in the new episode of PIVX Class!

"... proving that you know something, without revealing the secrets of HOW you know it..."

Watch Here ->

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=&v=dVvLna8kIbg
EleanorZ

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 09:57:34 PM

If your curious on an estimate on the amount of rewards and frequency with staking pivx, here is a useful calculator.

I wouldn’t use a staking pool, As I prefer not to take the risk If giving control of coins to others if possible.

Thanks @fuongy. Just to add to that, those figures are based on theoretical conditions. For example, the default figure for staking assumes that 62.5% of the coins that can be staked are being staked (because of coins held on exchanges, zPiv (for now), people choosing not to stake, etc.), but I suspect the number is actually a bit lower. In any case, just using myself as an example (and converting to the parameters listed on cryptonode), over the past month I've been getting an average of 1 payout every 1.15 days from staking, for a monthly expected payout of just over 55 Piv, which is slightly higher than for MNs. It's been pretty consistent like this for a while now.
lipatti

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 08:22:03 AM

Thanks @fuongy. Just to add to that, those figures are based on theoretical conditions. For example, the default figure for staking assumes that 62.5% of the coins that can be staked are being staked (because of coins held on exchanges, zPiv (for now), people choosing not to stake, etc.), but I suspect the number is actually a bit lower. In any case, just using myself as an example (and converting to the parameters listed on cryptonode), over the past month I've been getting an average of 1 payout every 1.15 days from staking, for a monthly expected payout of just over 55 Piv, which is slightly higher than for MNs. It's been pretty consistent like this for a while now.

Hello,
I will keep my coin safe and follow advise... i think it's better. I saw the useful calculator it's not interresting. Thanks for help.
This is great community here it's important for a trust.
Binance seems interresting i will try to make an account if it's possible.
Some advise for a cold wallet?
Thanks again.
fuongy

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:01:19 AM

Hello,
I will keep my coin safe and follow advise... i think it's better. I saw the useful calculator it's not interresting. Thanks for help.
This is great community here it's important for a trust.
Binance seems interresting i will try to make an account if it's possible.
Some advise for a cold wallet?
Thanks again.

The most secure and simple to use Wallet will be the Ledger Hardware Wallet from official source
https://www.ledgerwallet.com/  PIVX is supported on the hardware wallet.

otherwise run the official client from the PIVX website https://pivx.org/
If your not familiar with running a wallet on your computer, you should look into the security of doing so, make sure you encrypt your wallet, but also make sure you dont lose your passwords and make backups of your wallet file off your computer.

you could also look at a paper wallet or even an android app on your mobile all available for pivx.  Again depends on how secure you want to go.
fuongy

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:00:06 PM

ZPIV Staking a First for Crypto - Due in Q1 2018

Users will be able to stake zPIV just like normal PIV, but also earn higher rewards and maximize privacy and ease of use. With the proposed new block reward system, zPIV staking block reward will be 50% larger than PIV staking rewards. Although PIVX already has orders of magnitude higher anonymity set sizes than most privacy coins, and maturation time to prevent timing attacks, zPIV staking will further optimize privacy by ensuring zPIV minting and spending occur more frequently.

with snippet youtube video from latest @snappy interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwR90uJTcMs

Keep it Purple People!
fuongy

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 10:32:51 PM

Pivx interview with Gary Vaynerchuk and @Snappy

Another great interview by @snappy while at the HasteandHustle event in Toronto this week.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=5uSwLU5SokE

Pages: « 1 ... 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 [487] 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 ... 541 »
  Print  

Jump to: