Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 10:13:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 [111] 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin money?  (Read 112087 times)
amwer

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 08:41:32 AM
Last edit: November 14, 2017, 10:21:42 AM by amwer

Bitcoin is like money. Bitcoin is compared to the tone. All the money is made in betting. Money is available when selling bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rafajunior99

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 09:34:47 AM

Maybe everyone already knows that Bitcoin is a digital currency, because Bitcoin can shop online and also buy electric tokens and more. Maybe Bitcoin will one day become a world currency that makes everyone easy.
VasilyBelogla

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 09:57:47 AM

Its actually online money. It is not the money you have like in banks and in your pocket. Everything with bitcoin is online so if you do not have internet you would not access them.

It is money, but its not like our currency's because its different.
syarifudin

Activity: 397
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:18:29 PM

This bitcoin money is not in the form of money coins or paper,but money Bitcoin is true there is in the internet world.
Bitcoin is the digital currency,heard the word digital certainly does not exist in the real world but we can see it and true money Bitcoin is in the digital world (internet).
and I think this Bitcoin money will be very popular in the future because of its technology-based system and In the future rich will be many people who have technology so will many people who use Bitcoin.
denzkilim

Activity: 1218
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:29:40 PM

Bitcoin is already called "money" and it is already a money, Almost all over the world bitcoin is already used as money and can be traded for cash and can be used to pay people for their tasks done like doing campaigns.  Smiley
Chienna

Activity: 256
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:36:21 PM

Bitcoin is something radically new. Nothing like Bitcoin has been possible until now. I would go so far as to consider it sui generis; "in its own class".  This makes it important to understand what Bitcoin actually is before we try to describe it to others.

We're getting a good handle on the code, and of course on Bitcoin's function and utility, but what words should we use to describe Bitcoin itself? There has been some debate in other threads [mostly my doing] over how it is like/not like money, cash, dollars, etc. I'd like to start this thread by focusing on the term "money", and play Devil's avocate by asking for your best arguments that Bitcoin IS money.

My legal dictionary states "In usual and ordinary acceptation it [money] means gold, silver, or paper money, used as circulating medium of exchange, and does not embrace notes, bonds, evidences of debt, or other personal or real estate." [cites omitted]

Wikipedia says "Money is any object that is generally accepted as payment for goods and services and repayment of debts in a given country or socio-economic context. The main functions of money are distinguished as: a medium of exchange; a unit of account; a store of value; and, occasionally, a standard of deferred payment." [cited omitted]

Webster's Online Dictionary defines money as:
    • 1. The most common medium of exchange; functions as legal tender; "we tried to collect the money he owed us".
    • 2. Wealth reckoned in terms of money; "all his money is in real estate".
    • 3. The official currency issued by a government or national bank; "he changed his money into francs".
    • 4. A piece of metal, as gold, silver, copper, etc., coined, or stamped, and issued by the sovereign authority as a medium of exchange in financial transactions between citizens and with government; also, any number of such pieces; coin.
    • 5. Any written or stamped promise, certificate, or order, as a government note, a bank note, a certificate of deposit, etc., which is payable in standard coined money and is lawfully current in lieu of it; in a comprehensive sense, any currency usually and lawfully employed in buying and selling.
    • 6. In general, wealth; property; as, he has much money in land, or in stocks; to make, or lose, money.
    [links omitted]
    [/list]

I maintain that per these definitions, Bitcoin cannot possibly be described as "money". And further, I think that those who do describe Bitcoin as "money" are doing this community a disservice.

But that is just my point of view. Are there any that can convincingly argue otherwise, that Bitcoin IS money?

Yes it is, bitcoin is money because you can spend it. People accept things and can buy things through money. Bitcoin is one of their uses have those things so bitcoin is one of the kind of money that people can use.

cokkapaga
    Legendary

Activity: 867
    Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
    November 14, 2017, 02:38:12 PM

bitcoin like money, but this is for the cryptocurrency
    not all country accepted bitcoin for the payment, we hope someday bitcoin for the payment in the world.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
    ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
    ▄███████████▀▀███████████▄
    ▄███████████▀    ▀███████████▄
    ███████████▀        ▀█    ██████
    ██████████▀                ███████
    █████████▀      ▄██▄        ████████
    ▄███████▀      ▄█▀  ▀█▄      ▀███████▄
    ██████▀      ▄█▀      ▀█▄      ▀██████
    █████▄     ▄█▀    ▄ ▄   ▀█▄     ▄█████
    ███████▄ ▄█▀    ██████    ▀█▄ ▄███████
    █████████▀       █   ██     ▀█████████
    ▀████████        █████       ████████▀
    ████████        █   ██      ████████
    ███████       ██████       ███████
    ██████         ▀ ▀        ██████
    ▀████                    ████▀
    ▀████████████████████████▀
    ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
    ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

Alt.Estate

█████
    █████
    █████

█████
    █████
    █████

█████
    █████
    █████

█████
    █████
    █████

█████
    █████
    █████

█████
    █████
    █████

█████
    █████
    █████

█████
    █████
    █████

█████
    █████
    █████

█████
    █████
    █████

█████
    █████
    █████

█████
    █████
    █████
      TELEGRAM
    MEDIUM
    TWITTER
    FACEBOOK
    Cangkeman Wae

Activity: 826

View Profile
    November 14, 2017, 03:10:11 PM

yes right, I think bitcoin is the same as money, what can be bought with money also can we replace with bitcoin. but bitcoin value is better than fiat because bitcoin stock can not be manipulated.
    family934

Activity: 70

View Profile
    November 14, 2017, 03:21:21 PM

yes right, I think bitcoin is the same as money, what can be bought with money also can we replace with bitcoin. but bitcoin value is better than fiat because bitcoin stock can not be manipulated.
    yes off course bitcoin is a crypto currency and it is easily converted to any other currency if you want. Bitcoin is not acceptable directly in most areas still but you can convert bitcoin to your desire currency through some local exchanges and can used easily and also it is more possible that in future bitcoin will start accepted in various shops and hotels etc.
    Imperalta09

Activity: 45

View Profile
    November 14, 2017, 03:35:13 PM

I do not consider gold to be money.  You can't go and buy most goods and services with gold.  Gold is a commodity, dollars are money.

Bitcoin is a virtual currency.  It has more in common with paypal than it does with dollars or with gold.  I wouldn't really call it money until it is more widely accepted as payment for goods and services.

I agree, Bitcoin is a worldwide cryptocurrency and digital payment system called the first decentralized digital currency, as the system works without a central repository or single administrator. Bitcoins are created as a reward for a process known as mining. They can be exchanged for other currencies, products, and services. And considering bitcoin as money is not surprising but it is really not in that area. But what is important is that bitcoin has value that is very useful in many selected sites, industry and others.
    zhopas

Activity: 323

View Profile
    November 14, 2017, 03:41:56 PM

Bitcoin is something radically new. Nothing like Bitcoin has been possible until now. I would go so far as to consider it sui generis; "in its own class".  This makes it important to understand what Bitcoin actually is before we try to describe it to others.

We're getting a good handle on the code, and of course on Bitcoin's function and utility, but what words should we use to describe Bitcoin itself? There has been some debate in other threads [mostly my doing] over how it is like/not like money, cash, dollars, etc. I'd like to start this thread by focusing on the term "money", and play Devil's avocate by asking for your best arguments that Bitcoin IS money.

My legal dictionary states "In usual and ordinary acceptation it [money] means gold, silver, or paper money, used as circulating medium of exchange, and does not embrace notes, bonds, evidences of debt, or other personal or real estate." [cites omitted]

Wikipedia says "Money is any object that is generally accepted as payment for goods and services and repayment of debts in a given country or socio-economic context. The main functions of money are distinguished as: a medium of exchange; a unit of account; a store of value; and, occasionally, a standard of deferred payment." [cited omitted]

• 1. The most common medium of exchange; functions as legal tender; "we tried to collect the money he owed us".
      • 3. The official currency issued by a government or national bank; "he changed his money into francs".
      • 4. A piece of metal, as gold, silver, copper, etc., coined, or stamped, and issued by the sovereign authority as a medium of exchange in financial transactions between citizens and with government; also, any number of such pieces; coin.
      • 5. Any written or stamped promise, certificate, or order, as a government note, a bank note, a certificate of deposit, etc., which is payable in standard coined money and is lawfully current in lieu of it; in a comprehensive sense, any currency usually and lawfully employed in buying and selling.
      • 6. In general, wealth; property; as, he has much money in land, or in stocks; to make, or lose, money.
      [links omitted]
      [/list]

I maintain that per these definitions, Bitcoin cannot possibly be described as "money". And further, I think that those who do describe Bitcoin as "money" are doing this community a disservice.

But that is just my point of view. Are there any that can convincingly argue otherwise, that Bitcoin IS money?

yes bitcoin is one of the kind of money that existing in this world. Bitcoin is different from others because it is crypto currency which means you can't hold it. It is a money where can spend through online, you can also spend it in some place by convert it into local currency. In short, the answer is bitcoin is a money.
      thisappointed

Activity: 616
      Merit: 502

View Profile
      November 14, 2017, 03:44:29 PM

bitcoin like money, but this is for the cryptocurrency
      not all country accepted bitcoin for the payment, we hope someday bitcoin for the payment in the world.

You mean bitcoin is like money but it could be only use mostly online because not all of the store in the real world accepts bitcoin?(correct me if I'm wrong).
      That is what we are all hoping that would happen in the near future, but right now, it is too good to be true since bitcoin have different issues on different countries around the world. There are countries who banned bitcoin because of their people who misuse bitcoin, like buying illegal drugs online and illegal firearms, they are taking the advantages of bitcoin to do bad things that is why as the Government solution on this, they have banned bitcoin.

HimJum2

Activity: 27

View Profile
      November 14, 2017, 03:53:39 PM

BITCOIN is a currency like money.Actually,it is better than money.It is a modern cryptocurrency.We can use bitcoin like we used to do with money.Rather we can invest bitcoin,hold bitcoin,sell them,trade them,do shop by them etc etc and so on.But it is not legal in many countries.
      Lonthe

Activity: 384

View Profile
      November 14, 2017, 04:02:13 PM

Yes right, I think bitcoin is the same function as money, can be used to buy or transactions, although bitcoin has not legalized the country but I'm sure with strong community and users will have no effect.

OOOBTC.com ●  ●  Trade Crypto On This Awesome Platform
      ▬▬ ●  Lightning Enabled  | Fast & Secure  |  11 Mil Bounty ●  ▬▬
      Bounty Thread Whitepaper FB Page Twitter Telegram
      bristlefront

Activity: 225

View Profile
      November 14, 2017, 04:10:28 PM

Yes it is money that could be a good source of income. Some people buy stuffs or services online by using bitcoin with their identity secured. It is a cryptocurrency meaning it is a money that has an anonymous state.

Cremeboy

Activity: 102

View Profile WWW
      November 14, 2017, 05:02:45 PM

As long as it is accepted for services then it's a legal tender
      emberbekas
      Legendary

Activity: 1904
      Merit: 1000

View Profile
      November 14, 2017, 05:10:58 PM

Anything can be considered "money" if it has intrinsic value!  What gives something value.... what people are willing to pay for it.. Supply and demand.

But do not forget one thing! It is about the validity of a thing when it is used as a paying tool. Till today, some countries still aren't allowed the use of bitcoin as a legal means of payment.  On such countries, bitcoin isn't money.

xyrill

Activity: 50

"Proof-of-Asset Protocol"

View Profile
      November 14, 2017, 05:20:28 PM

[links omitted]
        [/list]

yes bitcoin is money that help you to buy for a car house or a bussiness bitcoin have a value its so nice that  i learn bitcoin and heard it thanks to my friend that tell me this bitcoin money

World Fintech Startups | Microsoft Azure Partner | $1,5M Raised During pre-ICO
        ☰ BANKEX - Proof-of-Asset Protocol  (http://bit.ly/2xAe9w3)
        stevanprice

Activity: 40

View Profile
        November 15, 2017, 04:15:35 AM

[links omitted]
          [/list]

I think the definition of money is a legitimate means of exchange or that has been recognized by the government. the function of money is also in fact the same as the main means of exchange. well we try to think more deeply, the definition of the instrument of exchange itself is to overcome the difficulties in barter. so seeing from its function is actually the same bitcoin that can be used as a medium of exchange or also as a unit of counting that distinguish here is the only form. just as we keep the money in the bank and we get only nominal in atm according to the currency of each country.
          helars2008

Activity: 210

View Profile
          November 15, 2017, 04:43:31 AM

If we will specifically talk about bitcoin then i wont say as of now that it can already be called as money. For me it is an asset due to the fact that people treat it as an asset rather than as a currency or money.  And it will be really hard to use it as a money right now since it takes so slow to make a transaction and there is only few who accepts it in exchange for their products.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
          › › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
          ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
          Pages: « 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 [111] 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 »
            Print  

Jump to: