Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:13:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Scammer Trade Fortress  (Read 19518 times)
poly

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Weighted companion cube

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 05:31:10 AM

Thanks for the information here, I now know to not deal with MoneyPakTrader.

poly | My Tip Jar

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ingrownpocket
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 08:49:18 AM

I really don't see why people are saying MoneyPakTrader is the scammer and not TF.
I saw the code, half it's functions were not working, the structure looks like it was made by a 14 year old with 2 months experience.

IMHO, the job that MoneyPakTrader paid for was not delivered in time nor completed, so he deserves at-least a partial refund.
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 08:57:44 AM

I really don't see why people are saying MoneyPakTrader is the scammer and not TF.
I saw the code, half it's functions were not working, the structure looks like it was made by a 14 year old with 2 months experience.

IMHO, the job that MoneyPakTrader paid for was not delivered in time nor completed, so he deserves at-least a partial refund.

IT Projects are never on time. TF should get his stuff fixed and deliver a usable product that is within spec.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 09:08:21 AM
Last edit: February 28, 2013, 10:01:43 AM by TradeFortress

I'm a "14 year old with 2 months experience" apparently. Yet I'm fixing code for BitFunder. Good job code detective! Cheesy

Interesting how the code stopped working between I tested it successfully and revoking my cpanel access.

Still no acceptance of legally binding arbitration from MoneyPakTrader.com. Judge.me accepts bitcoin, and I'd like to go with that to increase use of the currency.
LoweryCBS

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

firstbits 1LoCBS

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 01:22:32 PM

I have dealt with TradeFortress on a development project, and have received far more in value than I contracted for. He is responsive, intelligent, and easy to work with. I've been VERY pleased.
MoneypakTrader.com

Activity: 472

Never spend your money before you have it.

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 04:05:52 PM

Still no acceptance of legally binding arbitration from MoneyPakTrader.com. Judge.me accepts bitcoin, and I'd like to go with that to increase use of the currency.
I've already addressed this issue a couple posts above.
Also, in response to why don't I let TF finish the site:
The reason I don't let him finish is because his work is horrible and after I repeatedly reported the problems in his finished product and being given another "finished product" by him that didn't work up to the specs, I have no obligation to let him string me on any more while delivering shoddy work.
I encourage other users to try TF coding and judge for themselves rather than trusting the 3 people who are unsatisfied with his work.
I see he now offered to pay the $300 fee to use judge.me after you made this comment about resolution. This seems strange as I offered to let him out of the contract for 12 BTC (out of the 27 I paid). I am willing to arbitrate.
I am offering to pay for legally binding arbitration. [...] I suggest judge.me.[...]
I accept your offer and choice (judge.me). Since you're paying the cost ($300).
It seems that unless I accept, I would definitely lose all 27BTC.
I am reluctant to use this service when there are no published cases, but it seems I have no other viable option for recovering my loss.
Assuming TF pays for arbitration to decide how much of a refund he owes me, that would be great. I encourage other coders to assist in reviewing TF's finished site he gave me and judge for themselves if it is a finished product.
 I shouldn't need to go through every basic aspect of the site and tell him how it doesn't work, that's what I was doing with TF. Finally when the Bitcoin deposit system (an integral part of the site which was the first thing I asked him to do for the site) was non-functional after TF attempted to deliver a working bitcoin deposit system for the 10th time or so, I demonstrated it didn't work and posted the evidence (in the other forum thread).

As TF drags this out, it becomes obvious he is using my coins to "go long" as he says with BTC intending to keep the profit of any price increases.
TF, if you're not going to reimburse the 16 BTC I'm paying to finish the job you said was done (only 12BTC after giving you the craptastic programmer discount), my settlement offer will be revoked 24hrs from this post. I am holding you responsible for theft of 27 BTC through fraud/scam through misrepresentation of services. Your coding is not worthy of being sold. You can send your "finished product" of my site to any competent programmer and they will say the same thing. You could continue to finish the site you repeatedly said was already finished and it would still be craptastic and unacceptable on the most cursory review. I contracted for TF to set up the site on my server, so complaining about the server is non-excusable.
After it became obvious TF was incapable of delivering a usable product that wasn't buggy (when he delivered a "final product" to me for about the 10th time which was full of bugs), I was obligated to stop trusting him with my website. Any rational business owner would have done the same (probably a lot sooner). My mistake was trusting him when there were obvious signs of his coding incompetence from the start. He pretended to know how to do everything I wanted from the start and then after I give him coins, he blamed the site/server and everything except his own incompetence for his inability to do what he promised. Now he blames me, like I sabotaged his masterpiece so that I could pay someone else to fix it. It makes no sense, if he gave me a complete product worth paying for I wouldn't need to hire someone else to do the job. . .

As most clients looking for website development, my goal is a finished website that is secure, functional, well designed, and capable of being expanded. TF work on my site was counter-productive to all these goals.
For these reasons, I feel my settlement offer is overly generous and lets TF make off with 15 BTC, FAR more than he earned by giving me a worthless/nonfunctional website. Hopefully we can have another programmer review his code and they will agree it is NOT a finished website as TF claimed. There is a point in the contracting process where the client can say, enough is enough, I was well beyond that point with TF and well within my rights to fire him for incompetence.

KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 04:17:57 PM

I've already addressed this issue a couple posts above.
Also, in response to why don't I let TF finish the site:
The reason I don't let him finish is because his work is horrible and after I repeatedly reported the problems in his finished product and being given another "finished product" by him that didn't work up to the specs, I have no obligation to let him string me on any more while delivering shoddy work.
I encourage other users to try TF coding and judge for themselves rather than trusting the 3 people who are unsatisfied with his work.
I see he now offered to pay the $300 fee to use judge.me after you made this comment about resolution. This seems strange as I offered to let him out of the contract for 12 BTC (out of the 27 I paid). I am willing to arbitrate.
I am offering to pay for legally binding arbitration. [...] I suggest judge.me.[...]
I accept your offer and choice (judge.me). Since you're paying the cost ($300).
It seems that unless I accept, I would definitely lose all 27BTC.
I am reluctant to use this service when there are no published cases, but it seems I have no other viable option for recovering my loss.
Assuming TF pays for arbitration to decide how much of a refund he owes me, that would be great. I encourage other coders to assist in reviewing TF's finished site he gave me and judge for themselves if it is a finished product.
 I shouldn't need to go through every basic aspect of the site and tell him how it doesn't work, that's what I was doing with TF. Finally when the Bitcoin deposit system (an integral part of the site which was the first thing I asked him to do for the site) was non-functional after TF attempted to deliver a working bitcoin deposit system for the 10th time or so, I demonstrated it didn't work and posted the evidence (in the other forum thread).

As TF drags this out, it becomes obvious he is using my coins to "go long" as he says with BTC intending to keep the profit of any price increases.
TF, if you're not going to reimburse the 16 BTC I'm paying to finish the job you said was done (only 12BTC after giving you the craptastic programmer discount), my settlement offer will be revoked 24hrs from this post. I am holding you responsible for theft of 27 BTC through fraud/scam through misrepresentation of services. Your coding is not worthy of being sold. You can send your "finished product" of my site to any competent programmer and they will say the same thing. You could continue to finish the site you repeatedly said was already finished and it would still be craptastic and unacceptable on the most cursory review. I contracted for TF to set up the site on my server, so complaining about the server is non-excusable.
After it became obvious TF was incapable of delivering a usable product that wasn't buggy (when he delivered a "final product" to me for about the 10th time which was full of bugs), I was obligated to stop trusting him with my website. Any rational business owner would have done the same (probably a lot sooner). My mistake was trusting him when there were obvious signs of his coding incompetence from the start. He pretended to know how to do everything I wanted from the start and then after I give him coins, he blamed the site/server and everything except his own incompetence for his inability to do what he promised. Now he blames me, like I sabotaged his masterpiece so that I could pay someone else to fix it. It makes no sense, if he gave me a complete product worth paying for I wouldn't need to hire someone else to do the job. . .

As most clients looking for website development, my goal is a finished website that is secure, functional, well designed, and capable of being expanded. TF work on my site was counter-productive to all these goals.
For these reasons, I feel my settlement offer is overly generous and lets TF make off with 15 BTC, FAR more than he earned by giving me a worthless/nonfunctional website. Hopefully we can have another programmer review his code and they will agree it is NOT a finished website as TF claimed. There is a point in the contracting process where the client can say, enough is enough, I was well beyond that point with TF and well within my rights to fire him for incompetence.

You keep running your mouth after you agreed to arbitration. The more you talk the more you convince me you are a terrible employer who tries to bully others into accepting less for their work. If you don't want him to fix it, that's on you and he owes you nothing.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
KWH
Legendary

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 04:33:53 PM

Did he or you agree on pay to fix the supposed mess that was made? If so, did you quote a cheaper price? Without actually seeing it we can't honestly know if it's good or bad. TF claims it was working when sent and now doesn't work. Did you or anyone change it in any way?

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
ingrownpocket
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 04:49:37 PM

Did he or you agree on pay to fix the supposed mess that was made? If so, did you quote a cheaper price? Without actually seeing it we can't honestly know if it's good or bad. TF claims it was working when sent and now doesn't work. Did you or anyone change it in any way?
I'm the programmer that's working to "fix" (pretty much a complete rewrite) the code.
I asked for 16 BTC, when I started I didn't knew who was the first programmer (TF), only when I saw it on my "Show unread posts since last visit." list.

When the script was delivered to me, some of the features weren't working, I didn't change the code before the tests.

He has terrible programming techniques.
KWH
Legendary

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 04:54:57 PM

I'm the programmer that's working to "fix" (pretty much a complete rewrite) the code.
I asked for 16 BTC, when I started I didn't knew who was the first programmer (TF), only when I saw it on my "Show unread posts since last visit." list.

When the script was delivered to me, some of the features weren't working, I didn't change the code before the tests.

"Terrible Programming Techniques" still doesn't always mean it won't work as intended. Just because you are more efficient doesn't invalidate someone's work. I learned that long ago when I first started HTML.
Thanks for the reply.

Albert Einstein
ingrownpocket
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 05:03:15 PM

"Terrible Programming Techniques" still doesn't always mean it won't work as intended. Just because you are more efficient doesn't invalidate someone's work. I learned that long ago when I first started HTTP.
Thanks for the reply.
This applies: "When the script was delivered to me, some of the features weren't working"
KWH
Legendary

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 05:04:28 PM

"Terrible Programming Techniques" still doesn't always mean it won't work as intended. Just because you are more efficient doesn't invalidate someone's work. I learned that long ago when I first started HTTP.
Thanks for the reply.
This applies: "When the script was delivered to me, some of the features weren't working"

That's all I wanted to know. Thanks.

Albert Einstein
sublime5447
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 05:07:14 PM

@ moneypaktrader My dad is a computer engineer and has owned his own software company for 20 years (Norlinx out of RTP) if you would like I can have him look over the code this weekend when I go to visit, he would defiantly be able to say if it was done correctly and if it was done by a competent programmer or not. If you would like me to have him take a look just let me know.
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 05:08:39 PM

I wouldn't trust the testimony in a necro'd thread of a confirmed scammer.

This. Mining4Fun is confirmed to be Hashking a huge scammer who owes me a lot of money.
MoneypakTrader.com

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 06:02:01 PM

@ moneypaktrader My dad is a computer engineer and has owned his own software company for 20 years (Norlinx out of RTP) if you would like I can have him look over the code this weekend when I go to visit, he would defiantly be able to say if it was done correctly and if it was done by a competent programmer or not. If you would like me to have him take a look just let me know.
TF, will you please publish your "finished site" code and share the link so we can have it reviewed?
I can share what was published on my site by TF, but he might say I rewrote it to make it craptastic.
Even if TF attempts to fix it and publish his revised "final product" code, I'm sure it won't be a usable product.

[...]Without actually seeing it we can't honestly know if it's good or bad. TF claims it was working when sent and now doesn't work. Did you or anyone change it in any way?
AFAIK Carlos L. only fixed one CRITICAL problem with the site which I'll disclose after the code is published, but it is otherwise available (as TF declared it finished) at moneypaktrader.com until we get the new site up on there.
Otherwise, nobody changed his code, it failed for several reasons, once TF publishes the code and shares the link, we can review its deficiencies and see how craptastic it is.
One time, when TF gave me the "finished" site when logins didn't even work, it took forever for him to get admin panel viewable, and now there's still numerous reasons why the site is useless for the initial intent (BTC deposit for Debit Card Loading). TF had the site using a wallet on blockchain for btc deposits with forwarding to the cold wallet, but this was broken as I demonstrated in the other thread. Maybe he has since corrected the deficiency, probably not.
Further, it seemed the site is inaccessable when bitcoin price api was inaccessible - another critical problem. And numerous errors are returned consistently, even displaying the blockchain login/PW in one error message I received. TF did say I could turn off error messages on server to prevent that though. . .
Of course professional programmers could better analyze the site's deficiencies, I'm only able to comment on the surface level visible stuff.

MoneypakTrader.com

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 07:51:47 PM

Update: TF is apparently reneging on his arbitration offer.

I believe TF is a SCAMMER because:
1) He scammed me out of 27 BTC by promising to deliver a site he was incapable of programming.
2) He is refusing to cooperate in the investigation process of his scam work on my site (he won't show his "final product" code here and is reneging on arbitration). Public review of his work on my site will obviously be very embarrassing for him, thus it is very unlikely for him to settle our dispute openly.
3)  He has scammed others (he probably thought it was safe to scam other scammers, but he got greedy and started scamming more forum members and obviously has plans to continue to do so).

How can he prove he is not a scammer?
1) Post his finished code for my site and link us the address so we can review it. This will show whether he was really trying to create my site or just throwing enough code together to let him steal a hefty 27BTC with the plausible deniability that he tried to code the site.
-OR-
2) Follow through with his offer to pay for arbitration at judge.me
-OR-
3) Refund me the 27 BTC I paid for the site.

ryanbrownstar

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2013, 10:31:31 PM

Where did TF reneg on his offer to cover arbitration?
MoneypakTrader.com

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 11:29:49 PM

Well after I accepted his offer both in the forums and through PM, TF continues to show activity in the forums yet hasn't gone through with his offer to start arbitration.
He just messaged me requesting information for judge.me arbitration which I provided, we'll see what happens next.

🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 11:33:19 PM

Update: TF is apparently reneging on his arbitration offer.

I believe TF is a SCAMMER because:
1) He scammed me out of 27 BTC by promising to deliver a site he was incapable of programming.
2) He is refusing to cooperate in the investigation process of his scam work on my site (he won't show his "final product" code here and is reneging on arbitration). Public review of his work on my site will obviously be very embarrassing for him, thus it is very unlikely for him to settle our dispute openly.
3)  He has scammed others (he probably thought it was safe to scam other scammers, but he got greedy and started scamming more forum members and obviously has plans to continue to do so).

How can he prove he is not a scammer?
1) Post his finished code for my site and link us the address so we can review it. This will show whether he was really trying to create my site or just throwing enough code together to let him steal a hefty 27BTC with the plausible deniability that he tried to code the site.
-OR-
2) Follow through with his offer to pay for arbitration at judge.me
-OR-
3) Refund me the 27 BTC I paid for the site.
LOL, I just got up and the first thing I did was read your PM and go on Judge.me.

1) You're a scammer for changing the scope of the project multiple times.
2) I won't show it because you locked me out of my access from cPanel. What do you think I'm going to do? Brute force it?
3) No I haven't, and I haven't scammed you either.

1) ***you*** are the one that is making it impossible for me to do this point.  Roll Eyes
2) Did it right after I saw the PM. I need your full name and email address.
3) I'm sure you would want a refund of $270 if BTC tanks to $0.1 each. That's not how it works.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 11:33:48 PM

Well after I accepted his offer both in the forums and through PM, TF continues to show activity in the forums yet hasn't gone through with his offer to start arbitration.
He could still go through with it, but as more time goes by, it becomes less likely he will honor his offer for arbitration at judge.me
I sent you a PM before you made this post. Liar.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: