Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:31:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Scammer Trade Fortress  (Read 19517 times)
mining4fun11 (OP)

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 09:05:18 PM

I had hired tradefortress to do some programming for me and I had given him a 15btc deposit.  He hasn't responded to any of my messages for a week.  How do I have a scammer tag applied.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=122428.msg1338992#msg1338992.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mining4fun11 (OP)

Activity: 110

View Profile
November 22, 2012, 03:02:12 AM

I had hired tradefortress to do some programming for me and I had given him a 15btc deposit.  He hasn't responded to any of my messages for a week.  How do I have a scammer tag applied.

Please, disclose the personal messages which proves that he accepted the job. I also advise you to post the address which you used to pay him.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=67058

Name: TradeFortress
Position: Sr. Member
Date Registered: 18-09-2012, 05:59:37
Last Active: 17-11-2012, 20:00:19
Local Time:   18-11-2012, 22:04:30

Additional Information:
Send this member a personal message.

Show the last posts of this person.
Show general statistics for this member.

Do I need to contact a moderator for this?
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
November 22, 2012, 04:04:39 AM

Please, disclose the personal messages which proves that he accepted the job. I also advise you to post the address which you used to pay him.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=67058

Name: TradeFortress
Position: Sr. Member
Date Registered: 18-09-2012, 05:59:37
Last Active: 17-11-2012, 20:00:19
Local Time:   18-11-2012, 22:04:30

Additional Information:
Send this member a personal message.

Show the last posts of this person.
Show general statistics for this member.

Do I need to contact a moderator for this?
Just copy and paste the messages and the TX ID's. The admin will independently verify the messages later if needed.
MoneypakTrader.com

Activity: 472
Merit: 250

Never spend your money before you have it.

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 06:39:49 PM

Is this why TF requested to go off PM into email so quick?

MoneypakTrader.com

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 06:57:28 PM

How was this issue resolved?
It looks like TF is in the process of scamming me and several other people using his minimal Coding skills.
He took 27 BTC from me (I'm asking/waiting for a refund from him).
A scammer tag could prevent others from giving him more BTC for unusable/shitty web development.

21after2

Activity: 112
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 09:10:31 PM

I wouldn't trust the testimony in a necro'd thread of a confirmed scammer.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 09:28:50 PM
Last edit: February 27, 2013, 10:15:40 PM by TradeFortress

How was this issue resolved?
It looks like TF is in the process of scamming me and several other people using his minimal Coding skills.
He took 27 BTC from me (I'm asking/waiting for a refund from him).
A scammer tag could prevent others from giving him more BTC for unusable/shitty web development.
You do realize that this person has a scammer tag, and that I haven't scammed him or you?

I'm sorry that the development time was longer & the experience wasn't working out of the box (even through it would have if you used the latest version of PHP & bitcoind), but that's not because of "shitty web development", more of issues with your configuration which i won't go over again and again.

However, I have to say I suspect MoneyPakTrader is motivated by attempting to (and he will not) getting more money than he actually paid me with a free long on BTC. You went from asking if you owe me more to full refund to 16 BTC refund to 12 BTC refund. It's called trying to see how much you can get.

I actually have suspicions that you edited the files to make the deposits *not* working after I've tested it to be (blockchain doesn't lie), but since you've locked me out of cPanel I can't check the timestamps.

So what would I offer to resolve this? Simple, get the site working. but I suspect you're not interested in getting the site working, rather closing your retroactive long on Bitcoin/USD and fucking with the script.
Woodcock36

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 09:37:28 PM

Yeah, tradefortress has been nothing but a source of information and laughs since I walked through the door. I wouldn't ever question his loyalty to the bitcoin project.

Disclaimer: I have not done business with him, but he doesn't strike me as the kind of poster to cause drama or scam

Tip me for glory!: 1FKppwEjrenyhNXC9AHobgtuCcBTSLdnzY
MoneypakTrader.com

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 10:18:15 PM
Last edit: February 28, 2013, 01:56:36 AM by MoneypakTrader.com

I confirm that TradeFortress scammed me out of 27 BTC by promising to do programming work he is incapable of performing competently.
I offered to let him return only half of the btc he scammed from me to resolve the issue, but no dice. He's now accusing me of changing the code to make it so shitty, when I don't even know how to code.
His work is requiring almost a complete rewrite and he takes no accountability at all for the shoddy work that took too long past his estimates and doesn't perform according to our agreement.
I've detailed how he scammed me for so much in the tradefortress review thread if anyone cares to read that.

This guy is really dangerous because he knows just enough web programming to string customers along into paying more and more BTC without the ability to competently complete a bitcoin website.

The sooner he gets the scammer tag, the less victims he will find.

MoneypakTrader.com

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 10:21:17 PM

If it weren't for the numerous similar allegations, I would have doubts also. Have you read the tradefortress review thread?
After having dealt with this scammer firsthand and read the numerous other stories that recount almost the exact same modus operandi, it's a safe bet that he intends to continue scamming forum users with offers of programming services he is incompetent to perform.

KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 10:28:55 PM

If it weren't for the numerous similar allegations, I would have doubts also. Have you read the tradefortress review thread?
After having dealt with this scammer firsthand and read the numerous other stories that recount almost the exact same modus operandi, it's a safe bet that he intends to continue scamming forum users with offers of programming services he is incompetent to perform.

How about more proof that hearsay? He is offering to make it work so let him or are you really like the Ebayers filing complaints just to get partial refunds because they can? Sorry but "I said, they said" doesn't cut it. Competitors CAN and WILL trash the competition for gain, I have experienced it personally.

Proof:
1. Notarized statements from your other "experts".
2. Let a third party agreed upon by both you and Tradefortress examine the product in question.
3. Find a solution

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
21after2

Activity: 112
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 10:43:11 PM

I've read it. Only one other person came forward with a similar claim, and neither his nor your testimony really convinces me of any wrongdoing on his part. Outside of that thread, the only other bad review is this one here. And like I said: it's an old thread posted by a confirmed scammer. Not very compelling evidence.

And from what I can tell, even if you're right, it's still not a scam: at worst it ends up as overpriced work.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 10:52:30 PM
Last edit: February 27, 2013, 11:24:02 PM by TradeFortress

I can see a new thread from MoneyPakTrader when BFL ships:

"I accidently dropped my Butterfly Labs ASIC miner, I am refusing a RMA from BFL, I demand keeping it and getting a full BTC refund even with a price rally"

My new offer is paying for legally binding arbination. Funny how he's quiet now.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 11:00:23 PM

How about more proof that hearsay? He is offering to make it work so let him or are you really like the Ebayers filing complaints just to get partial refunds because they can? Sorry but "I said, they said" doesn't cut it. Competitors CAN and WILL trash the competition for gain, I have experienced it personally.

Proof:
2. Let a third party agreed upon by both you and Tradefortress examine the product in question.
3. Find a solution
Thanks for your comments. @MPT, I will pay for legally binding arbination. Sounds good?
MoneypakTrader.com

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 11:15:54 PM

LOL, good one
Thanks for your comments. @MPT, I will pay for legally binding arbination. Sounds good?
I'm not sure what that is, but if a trustworthy programmer wants to look at your work, I'm sure they'd agree I deserve a full refund.
[...]Only one other person came forward with a similar claim, and neither his nor your testimony really convinces me of any wrongdoing on his part. Outside of that thread, the only other bad review is this one here. And like I said: it's an old thread posted by a confirmed scammer. Not very compelling evidence.
And from what I can tell, even if you're right, it's still not a scam: at worst it ends up as overpriced work.
Hopefully it was only the 3 of us who got scammed, but I have suspicions there are people who haven't reported it yet. Hopefully TF won't scam anyone else for a couple months but the amount of BTC he can pull in by pretending to do decent web-work is likely to make him continue, probably under a new name though.

After TF breached our contract for the last time by being far overdue and claiming the site was finished and able to correctly process BTC, I once again tested the site and found it non-functional per the agreed specs. Rather than continue to go back and forth with TF trying to get him to do work he is obviously incapable of doing, I contracted with another programmer to clean up the mess left by TF and finish the site.
TF obviously won't be getting another chance to finish my site.

KWH
Legendary

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 11:19:12 PM

LOL, good one
I'm not sure what that is, but if a trustworthy programmer wants to look at your work, I'm sure they'd agree I deserve a full refund.
[...]Only one other person came forward with a similar claim, and neither his nor your testimony really convinces me of any wrongdoing on his part. Outside of that thread, the only other bad review is this one here. And like I said: it's an old thread posted by a confirmed scammer. Not very compelling evidence.
Hopefully it was only the 3 of us who got scammed, but I have suspicions there are people who haven't reported it yet. Hopefully TF won't scam anyone else for a couple months but the amount of BTC he can pull in by pretending to do decent web-work is likely to make him continue, probably under a new name though.

After TF breached our contract for the last time by being far overdue and claiming the site was finished and able to correctly process BTC, I once again tested the site and found it non-functional per the agreed specs. Rather than continue to go back and forth with TF trying to get him to do work he is obviously incapable of doing, I contracted with another programmer to clean up the mess left by TF and finish the site.
TF obviously won't be getting another chance to finish my site.

Resolution was offered, you want to sling mud. Post proof, not hearsay or STFU. Pretty simple.
I think you need to be looked at as a possible scammer.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 12:01:15 AM

I am offering to pay for legally binding arbitration. You choose any reputable service, I pay for it if it's within the general price range. I suggest judge.me. Since you apparently never heard of it, try Google.

If I am here to scam, ask yourself why I would have reported a serious security vulnerability of a popular bitcoin site instead of running away with the coins. Or thousands traded with PayPal, 0 chargebacks. And spending way more time I'm compensated with getting my investors a good return on their funds.
MoneypakTrader.com

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 01:53:08 AM

Resolution was offered, [...]
I see he now offered to pay the $300 fee to use judge.me after you made this comment about resolution. This seems strange as I offered to let him out of the contract for 12 BTC (out of the 27 I paid). I am willing to arbitrate.
I am offering to pay for legally binding arbitration. [...] I suggest judge.me.[...]
I accept your offer and choice (judge.me). Since you're paying the cost ($300).
It seems that unless I accept, I would definitely lose all 27BTC.
I am reluctant to use this service when there are no published cases, but it seems I have no other viable option for recovering my loss.

KWH
Legendary

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 01:56:00 AM

Resolution was offered, [...]
I see he now offered to pay the $300 fee to use judge.me after you made this comment about resolution. This seems strange as I offered to let him out of the contract for 12 BTC (out of the 27 I paid). I am willing to arbitrate.
I am offering to pay for legally binding arbitration. [...] I suggest judge.me.[...]
I accept your offer and choice (judge.me). Since you're paying the cost ($300).
It seems that unless I accept, I would definitely lose all 27BTC.
I am reluctant to use this service when there are no published cases, but it seems I have no other viable option for recovering my loss.

TradeFortress, are you going to arrange this?

Albert Einstein
MoneypakTrader.com

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 02:25:42 AM

Here is the related thread, these 2 threads are similar: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=126588.0
Hopefully, we'll get this resolved, I wasn't expecting TF to be honorable after my horribly negative experience with him, but hopefully he will do the right thing. . .

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: