Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:03:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: One of the best comments I've ever read.  (Read 949 times)
Bitcopia (OP)

Activity: 715
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 14, 2012, 12:32:55 AM

http://www.americanbanker.com/issues/177_210/bitcoin-likely-to-grow-poses-benefits-and-risks-according-to-ecb-report-1053998-1.html

Good article... Amazing comment by TraderTimm:

"How humorous, the same organization that is actively mediating the entire European Union crisis (and contributing to the chaos via debt vehicles and fancy financial instrument acronyms), is providing advice on Bitcoin.This is what you need to know.We're tired of a system designed to benefit only those in boardrooms and expensive suits. You are no longer just a service provider, you're an increasingly unnecessary intermediary.The "liquidity" problem isn't one, because it assumes the only function of Bitcoin is to facilitate trade between other currencies. Perhaps in the initial phase the trends seem to be on the side of favoring the edge of the network, but rest assured the end result will be utilizing the entirety of the peer-to-peer network.That's right. No more skimming outrageous wire fees for the privilege of moving ones and zeros across the planet. No need to rely on ACH, SWIFT, or other proprietary and closed networks. That sound you hear? Its the inevitability of your own obsolescence.The future of financial transactions will come down to one decision. Either you integrate with this massive network, or you go down fighting like the rest of the intermediaries such as the recording industry, or those attempting to enforce intellectual property laws regardless of national boundaries.Consider carefully, ladies and gentlemen."

Whether or not bitcoin can or will be integrated on massive scale is yet to be determined, but regardless, TraderTimm is right. Look at Dwolla. It is only a matter of time before it replaces PayPal. The future is hopeful whether it be in the hands of bitcoin or not.
phelix
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1020

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 05:05:42 PM

I like it, too. Grin
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2012, 05:37:49 PM

Nothing will make me happier than seeing the end of the central banking system.
Haole

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 06:07:03 PM

Thanks for putting that up Bitcopia, great stuff.  Bordering on inspirational...

"The future isn't what it used to be." - Yogi Berra
Danijel Habek

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 19, 2012, 03:57:09 AM

Great comment indeed. Yet it seems no one at that magazine understood even a bit (pun intended), since there hasn't been any comments further on for some time now. Or they've just ran out of possible fallacies.

Damn, TraderTimm will take up all my usable sig space.

Quote from: TraderTimm
For me, bitcoin is freedom that I never thought I'd see in my lifetime.
glub0x
Legendary

Activity: 892
Merit: 1013

View Profile
November 19, 2012, 09:36:07 AM

No need to rely on ACH, SWIFT, or other proprietary and closed networks. That sound you hear? Its the inevitability of your own obsolescence.The future of financial transactions will come down to one decision. Either you integrate with this massive network, or you go down fighting like the rest of the intermediaries such as the recording industry, or those attempting to enforce intellectual property laws regardless of national boundaries.Consider carefully, ladies and gentlemen.
he point out the thing. There is no option for them, looking bitcoin is like looking the future. Just like this time when you decide to download your first mp3 and understand that it'll cost jobs to somes.
It is not a happy end for every one, and there is no guaranty that the new system produce better financial(btc)/artistic(mp3 on p2p) result. The p2p filesharing still lack of some tangible buisness model, the industry is still here and there. But now both the disk industry and the bank system will have to move. The only difference is that the disk industry is in a much later stage.
What is fascinating is the inevitable side of it.

The cost of mediation increases transaction costs, limiting the
minimum practical transaction size and cutting off the possibility for small casual transactions

Satoshi Nakamoto : https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Nikolaj06

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

WINSTARS - We are changing the face of gambling

View Profile
November 20, 2012, 08:24:47 AM

Nothing will make me happier than seeing the end of the central banking system.

This. Times a thousand!

If I've helped just a nudge in completing this goal, my life would have had a value.

Go Bitcoin! Cheesy

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
WINSTARS -   We are changing the face of gamblingWHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAMFACEBOOK ● Twitter
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: