Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:12:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My thoughts on pooled mining...  (Read 1328 times)
Killarshark33 (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2011, 09:25:30 PM

First off let me say DO NOT hate on my opinions just because you do not like them.

Okay with that out of the way I want to talk about pooled mining and the pros and cons of it.  Due to the fact bitcoin is open source there is nothing we can do to change this except get people to break their pools up.  My main concern is deepbit, they almost have 50% of hash power.  The only reason this worries me is because solo miners will not want to mine the 30 dollars a day when they have to compete with a pool mining at a much higher rate.  I believe that if pooled mining is not subsidized or broken up at least that soon deep bit will have controlling interest in the bitcoin price.  They can basically produce 90% of all coins found right now and that is bad because all the fees they are making means they can choose when to sell coins.  What does that mean for the unlucky solo miner?  Well if deepbit lets say accumulates enough fees to have 10,000 bit coins they can easily cause a market crash selling all of them at once.  For the solo miner trying to pay his bills this means he will not be able to continue to efficiently run his mining at the current rate.  I said before that the only thing we can do is break this up, but another option would be to only allow CPU miners to pool and not these 4gh/s miners to all pool in together and dominate the bitcoin market.  How to you do this with an open source project regulated by everyone?  Well that is the problem and I currently am still pondering a way to solve it.  Please post you thoughts and if you think this is a problem or if i am just crazy.  Thanks and happy mining.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheSeven

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

FPGA Mining LLC

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2011, 09:36:00 PM

Sorry, your post is pretty much unreadable. Undecided

My tip jar: 13kwqR7B4WcSAJCYJH1eXQcxG5vVUwKAqY
ensign_lee

Activity: 886
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 06, 2011, 09:43:55 PM

"Please post you thoughts and if you think this is a problem or if i am just crazy."

Momma always said if you have nothing nice to say, don't say it at all.

(though I agree that it is crazy that people are still joining deepbit and jeapordizing all of our security)

██▄                ██        ▄███████▄        ██                  ██      ▄█████████▄ 
 ████              ██      █                  █      ██                  ██      ██                ██
 ██  ▀█            ██    ▄█                  █▄    ██                  ██    ██                  ██
 ██    █▄          ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██    ▀█                     
 ██      █▄        ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██      ██                   
 ██        █▄      ██                                  ██                  ██       ▀████████▄   
 ██          █▄    ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                        ██ 
 ██            █▄  ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                          ██
 ██              █▄██    ██                  ██    ▀█                  █▀    ▄▄                  █▀
 ██                ███      █                  █        █                  █      ██                ██ 
 ██                  ▀█        ▀███████▀            ▀███████▀         ▀█████████▀   

Nousplatform Youtube     
Killarshark33 (OP)

View Profile
June 06, 2011, 11:39:56 PM

Sorry, your post is pretty much unreadable. Undecided
Lol it is a bit confusing but read it a few times and you will get it.
pandemic

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 12:03:10 AM

I think you've got a valid point. I'm not entirely sure why people are still joining deepbit with the 3% fee.

Killarshark33 (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 12:10:50 AM

I think you've got a valid point. I'm not entirely sure why people are still joining deepbit with the 3% fee.

precisely the problem at 3% fee that means easily they have thousands of BTC in fees not even including the mining they do to help the server.  I think people are joing just because this is a hard concept for noobies and they youtube it and deepbit is the first thing that comes up.
LegitBit

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 12:19:22 AM

A few smaller pools to consider joining:

http://eligius.st/
http://simplecoin.us/
https://www.bitcoins.lc/
http://gbyte.dk/
http://btcmine.com/
http://btcguild.com/

Donate : 1EiAKUmTVtqXsaGLKQQVvLT9DDnHsT7jTZ (Block Explorer)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: