Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:55:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Possible claims process for GLBSE assets.  (Read 2629 times)
RHA

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 20, 2012, 08:52:52 PM

For the time being lets assume James McCarthy will never send the asset information.

The sending started yesterday.
http://blog.glbse.com/issuers-being-given-shareholder-lists

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2012, 07:52:46 PM

I wonder why Nef pulled that feature.

He wouldn't even have needed to code up anything new if he'd just left that in.  =/

It is very likely that Nefario is trying to modify the share number balance and steal some shares and funds from the users. Or he had already decided not to return the asset info and money at the very beginning.

I've met Nefario and he came across as being very honest and trustworthy.  Not at any time did I think this guy was dodgy or even grey-area.  I have nothing to gain and everything to loose for commenting on his character as such.

stochastic (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 23, 2012, 07:31:26 AM

I wonder why Nef pulled that feature.

He wouldn't even have needed to code up anything new if he'd just left that in.  =/

It is very likely that Nefario is trying to modify the share number balance and steal some shares and funds from the users. Or he had already decided not to return the asset info and money at the very beginning.

I've met Nefario and he came across as being very honest and trustworthy.  Not at any time did I think this guy was dodgy or even grey-area.  I have nothing to gain and everything to loose for commenting on his character as such.

I am glad you trust Nefario but he has lost a lot of trust with other people.  I don't think oversight is uncalled for in this situation.

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
RHA

View Profile
November 23, 2012, 02:20:31 PM

Quote from: blog.glbse.com
Nov 22 / 5:28am  Issers who have been given lists so far
by James McCarthy

GIGAMINING
BITBOND
YABMC
FPGAMINING
PUREMINING
YARR
COGNITIVE
BTC-MINING
ZETA-MINING
IBB

These lists are not 100% complete, users who have not claimed their GLBSE account, and users who have not returned the double payment of bitcoin have not been included.

I'm still currently working with users who have lost their login details and issuer lists.

Nov 22 / 11:15am  Refunding double payments and getting your assets.
by James McCarthy

I've gotten a LOT of emails in the last 24 hours from users who got a double payment and they have not returned it yet.

I will contact you all tomorrow with an individual payment address, and we can get you onto your issuers shareholders lists.

For anyone who has not already contacted me, please email the address you were overpaid to at james@glbse.com

Please be patient, thank you.

(To moderators: I'm sorry for crossposting this, but it is of great interest for many people. I think this thread should be closed with an indication of "GLBSE Payment Claims (Announce your payment here)" thread.)
stochastic (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2012, 05:50:24 PM

(To moderators: I'm sorry for crossposting this, but it is of great interest for many people. I think this thread should be closed with an indication of "GLBSE Payment Claims (Announce your payment here)" thread.)

Why don't you start your own thread and close it yourself?

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
RHA

View Profile
November 23, 2012, 09:39:05 PM

Hm, you may be right. I've just thought there was no point in keeping "Possible claims process..." open while Nefario had started to send asset data to issuers.
Yes, I should have asked you, the OP, to close the thread. So, do as you wish.
stochastic (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2012, 05:49:17 PM

Hm, you may be right. I've just thought there was no point in keeping "Possible claims process..." open while Nefario had started to send asset data to issuers.
Yes, I should have asked you, the OP, to close the thread. So, do as you wish.
[/quote

I would hold off on your wide-eyed support for Nefario and his ability to do claims process.  There has been reports or problems with the assets.  On the GLBSE blog it claims:

GIGAMINING
BITBOND
YABMC
FPGAMINING
PUREMINING
YARR
COGNITIVE
BTC-MINING
ZETA-MINING
IBB

These lists are not 100% complete, users who have not claimed their GLBSE account, and users who have not returned the double payment of bitcoin have not been included.

These lists are not 100% complete, but not for the reason Nefario states.  There are people that did not receive a double payment and have claimed their GLBSE accounts.  In fact my name is not on any issuer's list although I received my bitcoins still in th eaccount and I did not receive double payments.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: