Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:14:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Today's a brand new day! Let's discuss what we're each doing to promote Bitcoin!  (Read 395 times)
TheGr33k (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 03:23:04 AM

Hey guys! TheGr33k here with an awesome new report on my friend's project called "Nerdy Knitties"! She's creating tons of really cool knitted items with cool handmade icons replicating your favorite video games, and cryptocurrencies (Like Bitcoin!) She will be selling her nerdy knitted items in Times Square really soon, and handing out flyers to educate the masses of Bitcoin! She will also be providing free hot meals at her very first fundraiser for Bitcoin!

I swore to her I wouldn't have anyone sneak a peek at her cool hooded scarf design for Bitcoin. But she'll be here pretty soon to talk about it herself so I thought, hey it doesn't matter!

Right now, here are the progress pictures!

She wants to cut out the stitched Bitcoin design she made on the front of the hooded scarf, and just attach Bitcoin buttons that she hand crafted onto the front. I think if she hones it a little bit more, the stitching design is much better, but what do you think?

Hooded scarves are really an awesome winter garment for teens and young adults because you don't have to worry about losing your matching hat and scarf. The scarf and the hat are attached to each other, so it makes winter rush mornings simple!

So what are you guys also doing to help promote Bitcoin? Tell us all what you're doing so we can finally have a lively exchange of ideas to grow this currency! Strong minds discuss ideas! Weak ones discuss people! Remember that!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
adaryian

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

★ BitClave pre-ICO: 25/07/17 ★

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 03:26:12 AM

I'm working on getting an FM/Online radio station running so there can be discussion about Bitcoin.  Trying to reach businesses in the area that could gain interest as anyway for them to accept a payment is a positive way.

I have a lot of ideas and potentials talk shows covering the possibility behind having businesses accept Bitcoin and allow it in their business to start expanding it in the Detroit area.  We all know that area can do with as much help economically as possible.

,'+██':                 
              ,█████████████;             
            .██████████████████           
            .████████████████████         
         █  .███;         ,███████.       
        ██  .█+              '█████'       
      `███  .█+    ,;'':       █████+     
      ████  .█+ ███████████,    ,████+     
     █████  .████████████████,    ████,   
    ██████  .██████████████████   `████   
   ;██████  .█████`      '██████  .█████   
   ████ ██  .███           :████████████. 
  +███  ██  .█.     `..      ████████████ 
  ████  ██  .    .███████'    ███████████`
 ,███   ██      ███████████    ███████████
 ████   ██     █████████████`  `██████████
 ███;  ███    ███████████████   ██████████`
 ███   ███   .████████████████  `█████████'
,███   ███   █████████████████   ██████████
'███  ,███   █████████████████:  ██████████
+███  ;███  `██████████████████  ██████████
████  '███  .██████████████████  +█████████
'███  :███   █████████████████'  ██████████
:███   ███   █████████████████   ██████████
 ███   ███'  '████████████████   ██████████
 ███,  ████   ███████████████`  ██████████,
 ████  ,███:  `█████████████+   ██████████
 ;███   ████   `███████████+   ███████████
  ███'  .████    █████████`   +██████████;
  ████   █████     :███'     +███████████ 
   ████   █████`            ████████████+ 
   ████,   ██████`        +█████. +█████   
    ████    █████████++████████`   ████.   
    .████    ;████████████████    █████   
     '████`    +████████████     █████     
      +████+     `'█████+.     .█████     
       +█████.                ██████       
        ,██████;           .███████       
          █████████':,:;█████████.         
           ,███████████████████+           
             .███████████████;             
                `'████████,               
TheGr33k (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 03:30:49 AM

I'm working on getting an FM/Online radio station running so there can be discussion about Bitcoin.  Trying to reach businesses in the area that could gain interest as anyway for them to accept a payment is a positive way.

I have a lot of ideas and potentials talk shows covering the possibility behind having businesses accept Bitcoin and allow it in their business to start expanding it in the Detroit area.  We all know that area can do with as much help economically as possible.
Great! Awesome! You're very right about that, I'm sure! Mind giving us a sneak?

Also, got any criticism for my friend's handmade item? It's not done yet, but we're getting there!
adaryian

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 03:57:07 AM

I'm working on getting an FM/Online radio station running so there can be discussion about Bitcoin.  Trying to reach businesses in the area that could gain interest as anyway for them to accept a payment is a positive way.

I have a lot of ideas and potentials talk shows covering the possibility behind having businesses accept Bitcoin and allow it in their business to start expanding it in the Detroit area.  We all know that area can do with as much help economically as possible.

Also, got any criticism for my friend's handmade item? It's not done yet, but we're getting there!

Well, it's all in the works still.  I've been setting up a spot in my garage and building a big work bench to have all the equipment.  I could take pictures of it all tomorrow.  I'm putting together from friends who have been in the music industry that have donated mixers and XLR cables so I can get some local bands in there soon as well.

Some of these things I just simply don't have the funds for to purchase solo like the transmitter which is almost $1,000 by itself.  Which is why I have a fundraiser campaign running.  Along with that, the dedicated server that has a 1Gbps connection with 50TB monthly bandwidth will run me an additional $600/yr, so acquiring those two items alone are the biggest purchases to get this running.

Sneak peaks will most definitely be coming as soon as I can, I have talked to some of the local musicians already and they're very excited about the opportunity to be heard over the FM to a potential lot of local residents.

I will also be accepting DJ's from the BTC community to have some regular scheduled shows depending on the feedback received by the viewers that I can have analytics over such as seeing who has the most active listeners online while I gather the information needed to find out over a course of time when my peak hours are on the FM.  There are a lot of variables involved with all of this as you could imagine, but it's something I'm very passionate about!

Living where I do, I'm slightly above the elevation of the city and throwing the antenna ~50 ft higher should get me into possible downtown Detroit.  Which if this proves successful I have another location downtown I could have a repeater put in since the stream will be from the internet into the input for FM, so it makes it possible for people all across the globe have the chance to have their voice heard potentially.

I would totally rock a handmade beanie if it were a black or grey one with a BTC coin on it.  Would be really cool to throw a QR sticker on it somehow that could be embroided(sp?) into it on the back ha! Just an idea, but yeah physical merchandise is a definite must so things are more tangible.

Great job on it so far, let me know if Black or Grey beanies are to come and I'd be interested!  Especially if I get my radio station off the ground.. We're going to name it Spaced Out Radio since it'll have a lot of House, EDM, Dubstep.. etc.. though 90's alternative rock and interviews/talk radio will be thrown in there as well.

,'+██':                 
              ,█████████████;             
            .██████████████████           
            .████████████████████         
           ,███████████████████+           
             .███████████████;             
                `'████████,               
TheGr33k (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 04:16:58 AM

I'm working on getting an FM/Online radio station running so there can be discussion about Bitcoin.  Trying to reach businesses in the area that could gain interest as anyway for them to accept a payment is a positive way.

I have a lot of ideas and potentials talk shows covering the possibility behind having businesses accept Bitcoin and allow it in their business to start expanding it in the Detroit area.  We all know that area can do with as much help economically as possible.

Well, it's all in the works still.  I've been setting up a spot in my garage and building a big work bench to have all the equipment.  I could take pictures of it all tomorrow.  I'm putting together from friends who have been in the music industry that have donated mixers and XLR cables so I can get some local bands in there soon as well.

Some of these things I just simply don't have the funds for to purchase solo like the transmitter which is almost $1,000 by itself.  Which is why I have a fundraiser campaign running.  Along with that, the dedicated server that has a 1Gbps connection with 50TB monthly bandwidth will run me an additional $600/yr, so acquiring those two items alone are the biggest purchases to get this running.

Sneak peaks will most definitely be coming as soon as I can, I have talked to some of the local musicians already and they're very excited about the opportunity to be heard over the FM to a potential lot of local residents.

I will also be accepting DJ's from the BTC community to have some regular scheduled shows depending on the feedback received by the viewers that I can have analytics over such as seeing who has the most active listeners online while I gather the information needed to find out over a course of time when my peak hours are on the FM.  There are a lot of variables involved with all of this as you could imagine, but it's something I'm very passionate about!

Living where I do, I'm slightly above the elevation of the city and throwing the antenna ~50 ft higher should get me into possible downtown Detroit.  Which if this proves successful I have another location downtown I could have a repeater put in since the stream will be from the internet into the input for FM, so it makes it possible for people all across the globe have the chance to have their voice heard potentially.

I would totally rock a handmade beanie if it were a black or grey one with a BTC coin on it.  Would be really cool to throw a QR sticker on it somehow that could be embroided(sp?) into it on the back ha! Just an idea, but yeah physical merchandise is a definite must so things are more tangible.

Great job on it so far, let me know if Black or Grey beanies are to come and I'd be interested!  Especially if I get my radio station off the ground.. We're going to name it Spaced Out Radio since it'll have a lot of House, EDM, Dubstep.. etc.. though 90's alternative rock and interviews/talk radio will be thrown in there as well.
Sweet. I love dubstep, that's for sure.

And hey. When my businesses take off, I wouldn't mind throwing you the 1,000 bucks! Anything for the love of dubstep!

And thanks! I'm sure she'll thank you too. She also stitches words of your choice on your item. And yeah, I'll talk to her about making them black, but she told me she's too bored with embroidering designs. For now, she'll be making hand crafted buttons with logo designs, then attaching it onto the hats.
adaryian

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 04:24:29 AM

Sweet. I love dubstep, that's for sure.

And hey. When my businesses take off, I wouldn't mind throwing you the 1,000 bucks! Anything for the love of dubstep!

And thanks! I'm sure she'll thank you too. She also stitches words of your choice on your item. And yeah, I'll talk to her about making them black, but she told me she's too bored with embroidering designs. For now, she'll be making hand crafted buttons with logo designs, then attaching it onto the hats.

Haha sweet! I could understand on the emroidery part.. just a funny little idea for the back of the beanie a little QR code Wink  If and when she does the black one, I'd probably get one or a few that have the BTC and probably S.O.R. Radio and the frequency it's on stitched in or something.  There are a few bands available out here, just need to see which one penetrates the city the most, so there will be some trial and error at first figuring out what channel to broadcast on.

,'+██':                 
              ,█████████████;             
            .██████████████████           
            .████████████████████         
           ,███████████████████+           
             .███████████████;             
                `'████████,               
TheGr33k (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 07:56:29 AM

No one else has any ideas they'd like to discuss?

adaryian

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 03:40:38 PM

No one else has any ideas they'd like to discuss?

There should be more people with some innovative ideas among us, you'd think right?

,'+██':                 
              ,█████████████;             
            .██████████████████           
            .████████████████████         
           ,███████████████████+           
             .███████████████;             
                `'████████,               
Szaja1990

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 08:11:19 PM

Convince more people to talk about our gold:)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: