Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:47:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Monero Madness  (Read 481 times)
phishead (OP)

Activity: 1873
Merit: 840

Keep what's important, and know who's your friend

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2016, 06:54:52 PM
Last edit: March 17, 2016, 05:09:55 AM by phishead

MONERO MADNESS

Hey guys, decided it might be fun for some of us who would like to try our luck in picking out our own brackets for March Madness this year!  Since probably everyone on here (including my self) doesn't really keep up with college basketball (in the U.S.), I decided it would be equally as fair to win some Monero and will make it somewhat enjoyable/interesting to watch a game if someone has it on their T.V. at a friends house or out to eat at some bar.

So here's what I'm thinking:

- 1 entry per user
- 10 XMR to play  ... ?? up for discussion ?? (somewhere around 5-25 XMR)
- Figured going through ESPN.com would be easiest to set up our brackets (very simple to sign up a username)

Since ESPN doesn't allow gambling, I figured we will just trust each other to pay up at the end of the bracket.  If you would like to play, sign up on ESPN and message me on either of the ANN or speculation threads or PM me.  Since this is gambling that's based on trust of the individual to pay up if he/she loses, then we as a group need to approve the user wanting to join.  Obviously, this is the best way to avoid trolls and/or people who have valid marks of negative trust.  Preferably, users on here need to be above a jr. member to join the group.  If there are people who join the group who are not accepted to participate, and they win, then the person with the highest points earned on their bracket will win.  When signing up to ESPN, I would prefer that you use your bitcointalk name for your ESPN username to keep things simple on determining who is who.

IF THERE IS SOMEONE WHO WANTS TO PLAY WITH OTHER ALT COINS:  I'm open to accepting you, but if you lose you are required to shapeshift your altcoin to XMR and pay it out toward the winners address.

List of "approved" participants as of right now:

1) phishead (floam412)
2) tifozi
3) jwinterm (jwinterm113)

---------------------------------------------------

Group Name: Monero
Password: blockchain  ... (didn't know what else to put)

Here's a direct link:
http://games.espn.go.com/tournament-challenge-bracket/en/group?invitesource=email&groupID=1427554&inviteuser=ezQyRjI1MzNFLTBGQTYtNEY2Qi1BN0Y0LTk1OEMyMDVBNDE2Qn0%3D&ex_cid=invite-email-tcmen&groupp=YmxvY2tjaGFpbg%3D%3D

Let me know if you guys are interested or not! Should be fun if we get a couple players to throw in 10 (or so) XMR.  May the best dudero win  Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
luigi1111
Legendary

Activity: 1105
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 04:56:42 PM

MONERO MADNESS

Hey guys, decided it might be fun for some of us who would like to try our luck in picking out our own brackets for March Madness this year!  Since probably everyone on here (including my self) doesn't really keep up with college basketball (in the U.S.), I decided it would be equally as fair to win some Monero and will make it somewhat enjoyable/interesting to watch a game if someone has it on their T.V. at a friends house or out to eat at some bar.

- 1 entry per user
- Figured going through ESPN.com would be easiest to set up our brackets (very simple to sign up a username)

Since ESPN doesn't allow gambling, I figured we will just trust each other to pay up at the end of the bracket.  If you would like to play, sign up on ESPN and message me on either of the ANN or speculation threads or PM me.  Since this is gambling that's based on trust of the individual to pay up if he/she loses, then we as a group need to approve the user wanting to join.  Obviously, this is the best way to avoid trolls and/or people who have valid marks of negative trust.  Preferably, users on here need to be above a jr. member to join the group.  If there are people who join the group who are not accepted to participate, and they win, then the person with the highest points earned on their bracket will win.  When signing up to ESPN, I would prefer that you use your bitcointalk name for your ESPN username to keep things simple on determining who is who.

IF THERE IS SOMEONE WHO WANTS TO PLAY WITH OTHER ALT COINS:  I'm open to accepting you, but if you lose you are required to shapeshift your altcoin to XMR and pay it out toward the winners address.

1) phishead (floam412)
2) tifozi

Here's a direct link:
http://games.espn.go.com/tournament-challenge-bracket/en/group?invitesource=email&groupID=1427554&inviteuser=ezQyRjI1MzNFLTBGQTYtNEY2Qi1BN0Y0LTk1OEMyMDVBNDE2Qn0%3D&ex_cid=invite-email-tcmen&groupp=YmxvY2tjaGFpbg%3D%3D

Let me know if you guys are interested or not! Should be fun if we get a couple players to throw in 10 (or so) XMR.  May the best dudero win  Grin

An escrow upon entry would make sure no one feels any desire to not pay after the fact. Smiley This is winner-take-all right?
phishead (OP)

Activity: 1873
Merit: 840

Keep what's important, and know who's your friend

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2016, 05:03:42 PM

MONERO MADNESS

- 1 entry per user

1) phishead (floam412)
2) tifozi

Here's a direct link:

An escrow upon entry would make sure no one feels any desire to not pay after the fact. Smiley This is winner-take-all right?

Ahh, I guess you have a point... I thought of doing this way too late to garner much attention and planning. The tournament has already started, so now it's kind of pointless to do an escrow now. I've never gambled with tifozi, but I have with jwinterm on the past super bowl (and lost a good chunk of XMR lol), but I have faith in these guys to keep their word. And yeah it's winner takes all.
luigi1111
Legendary

Activity: 1105
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 05:53:10 PM

MONERO MADNESS

- 1 entry per user

1) phishead (floam412)
2) tifozi

Here's a direct link:

Ahh, I guess you have a point... I thought of doing this way too late to garner much attention and planning. The tournament has already started, so now it's kind of pointless to do an escrow now. I've never gambled with tifozi, but I have with jwinterm on the past super bowl (and lost a good chunk of XMR lol), but I have faith in these guys to keep their word. And yeah it's winner takes all.

Oh if it's just the 3 of you there's no concern, IMO.

Carry on.  Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: