Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:55:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Having problems with Dogecoin Core (64bit)  (Read 775 times)
autumnraynefyr (OP)

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 05:41:39 AM

So I am wondering if someone could let me know how I can fix my dogecoin wallet. A few months ago I did try installing the Dashcoin Core wallet (as one of the faucets that I work with also deals with Dash in addition to BTC, Doge and LTC), however it conflicted with my dogecoin wallet and seemed to have corrupted the chain which forced me to remove the chain from my computer and resync it. This was done after removing the Dash wallet. My doge wallet worked for a time and was able to open and resync, however, after restarting my computer upon reopening it, I was met with the same issue when the Dash wallet seemingly corrupted it initially, wherein it lags on loading the chain index and then reports an "error reading [my wallet]". I do have a backup of my wallet and know how to restore it, but I would like to know what the Dash core did to my Doge core so that I can fix it without deleting the 12gig chain to resync it for 37 hours everytime that I need to open it.. And no, I will not provide my wallet to someone to "look at" and likely empty before returning it.. As I said this only happened after installing the Dash Core which is no longer present on my computer. I have also swept the computer for hidden presents in case Dash left any to drain my other wallets.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 6473

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2015, 05:47:39 AM

Dash core should have done nothing to your doge wallet unless it for some reason was writing data to the dogecoin data directory. If it was, then it us possible that the wallet became messed up.

Can you give us the exact error that appears when you try starting up Doge core? Perhaps a screenshot?

autumnraynefyr (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 05:57:28 AM

Dash core should have done nothing to your doge wallet unless it for some reason was writing data to the dogecoin data directory. If it was, then it us possible that the wallet became messed up.

Can you give us the exact error that appears when you try starting up Doge core? Perhaps a screenshot?

There is a long pause when it gets to "Loading Block Index" and when it gets to "Loading Wallet" the error: "Warning: error reading wallet.dat! All keys read correctly, but transaction data or address book entries might be missing or incorrect." After click through this error it takes another 10-15 minutes for the wallet screen to appear but remains minimized and cannot be brought up. This error disappeared after I clear the chain index off of my computer when it first happened, but seemingly happened again after the chain was resynced and the computer restarted..  Cry

Should I clear the entirety of the appdata for dogecoin and try resyncing and restoring my backup to see if its one of the other files that I didn't delete when I clear the chain the last time..?
autumnraynefyr (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 06:50:38 AM

As a minor update, I have done a full wipe of my Dogecoin Core installation including uninstall, and as I was still using 1.8.*, I have downloaded 1.10 from dogecoin's github repository and am currently resyncing the chain block on my computer, if I continue to experience the wallet corruption I will post another update after the chain resyncs which seems to take me several hours at a time. Wish me luck..  Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: