Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 03:49:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin in 2015: Why did bitcoin fail?  (Read 3331 times)
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 02:34:16 PM

I don't know exactly how it works but if there's more like me who only sells bitcoin and has no plan of buying then it will probably fail.

The more people that are interested to buy the more the price will increase, from the past week i see that the bitcoin price has been increased for more than 60 USD

Yes, that's what I thought. I can't figure out exactly if bitcoin applies under the law of supply and demand but I know having more sellers than buyers will eventually drop the price of it. As of 2015, price maybe not good as 2014 but bitcoin did not fail.

Supply and demand also says that if the buying pressure stays the same within the next months (next 6 months until the halving) then the price in theory should double as the release of new coins will shrink by getting divided by 2. I would advice everyone that is a hardcore Bitcoin believer to have at least the equivalent of the next halving reward (12,5 BTC) by June.
Hallseplex

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 02:40:35 PM

To me it didn't fail. I think bitcoin has come a long way from where it use to be 2 months ago.

i'm pretty satisfied where it's at now.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 04:00:58 PM

I don't know exactly how it works but if there's more like me who only sells bitcoin and has no plan of buying then it will probably fail.

The more people that are interested to buy the more the price will increase, from the past week i see that the bitcoin price has been increased for more than 60 USD

Yes, that's what I thought. I can't figure out exactly if bitcoin applies under the law of supply and demand but I know having more sellers than buyers will eventually drop the price of it. As of 2015, price maybe not good as 2014 but bitcoin did not fail.

Google search "Bitcoin is a ponzi scheme"
I did not long ago.. Why ?
I was curious why people have ALWAYS thought that.
I wanted to see why they thought it and if it was because of technical reasoning.
What i found was hit #1 on the Washington post website.
Where a guy claimed YES it is more like a classic Ponzi / Pyramid scheme.. By Design !
The guy made some good points.

The basic core design of Bitcoin is doomed he said basically.
Bitcoin is mainly used a commodity and not a currency.. for a reason (it was made that way)

The reality is Bitcoin is rarely ever used as a currency and is this going to change drastically ?
If not ? Then anyone with 2 brain cells to rub together can see BTC is going to drown sooner or later.

A ponzi / pyramid scheme at it's core has a basic concept at work.
Users show up and inject money to hold a stake in the system.
But they need to cash out.. and they all want to do that for a profit too !
So if there is not enough fresh blood coming in on the bottom of the pyramid to support the top ?
it collapses !

Why would this be happening with Bitcoin ?
Adoption.
It started to ramp up in late 2013 then flew in reverse ever since.
Price and adoption has been decimated.
It's going to take a lot just to get where we were years ago.. to make up lost gains.
Never mind moving forward past a previous milestone.

So yeah we are far closer to Fail then we are of success.
And yes Bitcoin is far more like a Ponzi / Pyramid scheme than an actual currency.
I say that just to be honest here guys.. it's what i see loud and clear.
And obviously so does every person out there except you cheerleaders on this forum.
You people here have ALWAYS been 100% oblivious to the outside world.. you all live in a bubble.

Good luck with that..

FUD first & ask questions later™
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 04:04:49 PM

Everything is a ponzi scheme by your definition since everything starts with early adopters taking more advantage than the rest, and all things come to an end. This is why it's absurd to call Bitcoin a ponzi scheme.
By the strict definition, it is not, this has been debated before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7u4F8cpzqao
zivone

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 04:10:21 PM

Google search "Bitcoin is a ponzi scheme"
I did not long ago.. Why ?
I was curious why people have ALWAYS thought that.
I wanted to see why they thought it and if it was because of technical reasoning.
What i found was hit #1 on the Washington post website.
Where a guy claimed YES it is more like a classic Ponzi / Pyramid scheme.. By Design !
The guy made some good points.

The basic core design of Bitcoin is doomed he said basically.
Bitcoin is mainly used a commodity and not a currency.. for a reason (it was made that way)

The reality is Bitcoin is rarely ever used as a currency and is this going to change drastically ?
If not ? Then anyone with 2 brain cells to rub together can see BTC is going to drown sooner or later.

A ponzi / pyramid scheme at it's core has a basic concept at work.
Users show up and inject money to hold a stake in the system.
But they need to cash out.. and they all want to do that for a profit too !
So if there is not enough fresh blood coming in on the bottom of the pyramid to support the top ?
it collapses !

Why would this be happening with Bitcoin ?
Adoption.
It started to ramp up in late 2013 then flew in reverse ever since.
Price and adoption has been decimated.
It's going to take a lot just to get where we were years ago.. to make up lost gains.
Never mind moving forward past a previous milestone.

So yeah we are far closer to Fail then we are of success.
And yes Bitcoin is far more like a Ponzi / Pyramid scheme than an actual currency.
I say that just to be honest here guys.. it's what i see loud and clear.
And obviously so does every person out there except you cheerleaders on this forum.
You people here have ALWAYS been 100% oblivious to the outside world.. you all live in a bubble.

Good luck with that..

Is it a poem?  Cheesy kidding aside, upon reading that, it made me think, yeah, can I consider bitcoin a currency when most of the time I can't benefit from it without trading it to dollars then to our local currency. Can bitcoin really survive alone without fiat money? I am getting confused I can't seem to find the answer...
lihuajkl
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 04:10:57 PM

There could be many reasons, like gov banning, exchange collapse, Ponzi schemes, protocol issues, or Bitcoin block size debate etc. But now Bitcoin is increasing. Every holders are happy and forget about the past.
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 04:44:30 PM

The prices have fallen, Bitcoin didn't fail at all, it actually made enormous progress in all domains!

Price has fallen because the previous high of $1,100 was just too high and unsustainable! Bitcoin was in a bubble and that bubble has burst and deflated!

Bitcoin will go through few more of these bubbles in the near future until it doesn't grow enough and adoption doesn't happen!
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 04:47:13 PM

There is constant improvements being made in all fronts. If the price doesn't follow is because people is slow in nature, most people don't get it yet, this should make you happy because you are here already and you can be buying it really cheap before it explodes in price.
While people talk about price, this is happening:

So do your research before saying "it failed" because that's nonsense. Come back in 2 years and look at the price and we'll see.
EnderKoin

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 06:32:56 PM

Did it really I am new to Bitcoin, but I haven't seen that bitcoin have failed bad. Maybe I am a newbie who still don't understand about bitcoin.
For me the price now is kinda good if you ask me, but yeah who is to blame I am just newbie.
With this price that is $350,- than is for me kinda expensive to buy. So I will just do some Satoshi and make this account a Member and have a Signature Campaign.
If there is other methods to earn more can you pls tell me? Thank Grin
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 07:08:11 PM

Everything is a ponzi scheme by your definition since everything starts with early adopters taking more advantage than the rest, and all things come to an end. This is why it's absurd to call Bitcoin a ponzi scheme.
By the strict definition, it is not, this has been debated before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7u4F8cpzqao

grab a brain..

i repeated what the WASHINGTON POST said on page 1.. search result no. 1 on Google.

so........

according to the Washinton Post everything is a Ponzi scheme.

oh and i guess that goes for everyone on earth too..
because i heard that before i turned on my first miner years ago.
and since, i have heard it from all corners of the globe everywhere.
don't believe me ?
Get off your ass and go check..

Want me to collect up 101 links to other people saying it ?
And i guess all of those 101 people "call everything a ponzi" too right ?

..utterly clueless beyond comprehension boys.
Drunk and high off of the temptation of greed.
Blind to the ice cold reality of how things actually are.
Desperate clinging to any false hope you can hold onto.

I alluded to a point that went over your heads like a roaring jump jet scraping your heads..
this forum is full of 90% delusional people who live in a bubble circle jerking each other with cheer-leading.
While the whole entire rest of he world carries on..

reality check the world thinks Bitcoin "was a thing" ..long ago !

You see the dumb part is i actually waste my time knowing full well what the response will be here.

If you can't accept what i just said as reality.. i can assure you it will not change and get better.

Blue_Tiger

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 03:18:55 AM

Well I think that it has done what is has expected to do. What do you think Bitcoin hasn't achieved yet?
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 03:44:55 AM

Well I think that it has done what is has expected to do. What do you think Bitcoin hasn't achieved yet?

Adoption.

lama-hunter

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 03:51:39 AM

maybe to 500$ where another touch down just for testing the marc. Back in the time there was an amount of over 1000$ and i think that can come some Time again!.
Anyways its very interesting where this everything goes! I think the BTC will be definetly higher at the end of the year Wink

regards
lama-hunter
neochiny

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

Crypto.games

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2015, 03:55:16 AM

I think bitcoin didn't as it was expected to. What do you think about bitcoin in 2016?

as the title says bitcoin fail?
i dont think so that it really failed.
in fact, more people now adapted or accepted using it than before.
and it even goes up until 478 dollars.
for 2016 i think the price will be higher and more and more people will use it.

████  ███████  ███
██████████
███      ███████
███      ███████████
██████████████████
████████
███   ████  ███████████
███ ███████████████
█████████
█████████████████
███  ███████
██████████████
███        ████████
███████████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████▀▀     ███     ▀▀██████
████▀   ▄▄█████████▄▄   ▀████
████▄▄▄███▀  ▀█▀  ▀███▄▄▄████
██▀▀▀██▀      ▀      ▀██▀▀▀██
█▀  ▄██               ██▄  ▀█
█   ████▄▄         ▄▄████   █
█▄  ▀██▀             ▀██▀  ▄█
██▄▄▄██▄             ▄██▄▄▄██
████▀▀▀███▄ ▄█ █▄ ▄███▀▀▀████
████▄   ▀▀███▄█████▀▀   ▄████
███████▄     ███     ▄███████
███████████▄▄███▄▄███████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
..PLAY NOW..
███  ███████  ████
██████████
███████      ███
███████████      ███
██████████████████
████████
███████████  ████   ███
███████████████ ███
█████████
█████████████████
███████  ███
██████████████
████████        ███
TheGr33k

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 04:07:58 AM

It failed because we're wasting too much time campaigning against each other when we should be campaigning for Bitcoin.
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 04:44:11 AM

It failed because we're wasting too much time campaigning against each other when we should be campaigning for Bitcoin.
I'm not sure what you mean by this. You say we're campaigning against each other, do you mean with various signature campaigns competing for space, or was it that we are simply working against each other?

I agree that we are wasting too much time with other endeavors instead of spreading interest in Bitcoin, but I can't figure out how we could work as a group to campaign in favor of Bitcoin.
yenxz

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 05:37:20 AM

What you expect?i dont think 2016 is year of bitcoin,its need at least 2 year more,nut i hope not long time for bitcoin getting more than now
avw1982

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 08:06:32 AM

If look the price in 2014 and 2013, Yeah bitcoin fail in 2015 at the price, but in other sectors like users or anything it increased. Cheesy

And in 2016 I think bitcoin price will be high again like in 2013 or 2014 and more people use bitcoin. Cheesy
Even I am expecting value to go high dude. Now its showing little booming in when compare to last week and this week. This should take effect consistently at least. then We can promising rate increment in 2016. Lets hope for the good dude. Smiley
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 08:17:13 AM

I'm not sure what you mean by this. You say we're campaigning against each other, do you mean with various signature campaigns competing for space, or was it that we are simply working against each other?

I agree that we are wasting too much time with other endeavors instead of spreading interest in Bitcoin, but I can't figure out how we could work as a group to campaign in favor of Bitcoin.

he is talking about the whole bipxx drama, we are creating holes in the comunity, with the consensus thing, and delaying maybe the adoption of bitcoin

surely it's not helping bitcoin in anyway, to have a debate about a thing that in the future will be certainly mandatory(block limit increased)
Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 08:29:16 AM

Of course it didn't fail! What kind of fail? We eventually managed to recover the price on a higher level. Look at pereira's infographic: that is an interesting one. The Bitcoin Ecosystem is too young still. I could agree on the fact that there's too much discussion on people than on development and this slows down development time but other than that I see NO FAIL.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: