Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 11:37:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Forum Accounts  (Read 1272 times)
jacee
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 02:05:58 AM

I've already given my first loan. I regret taking the collateral that I did, but it's something to learn from and it wasn't exactly a huge loan. The account should be sellable for the amount I loaned him, but only time will tell. He'll probably pay me back, but I'm not worried if he doesn't.
In the next time take precaution in accepting accounts as collateral. Check thw account for the post quality and trust feedback it has and be sure to always ask for a signed message to prove that the account was used as a collateral and the current holder ofthe account is you. That way, if the borrower defaulted you have the signed message to prove that the account is now yours and any posaibility that the account get tagged wjth a default feedback, you can ask them to remove it to make i easier for you to sell the account. Always take a collateral that is total of 120% of the loan that he asks.
xinzark
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 05:50:32 AM

I've already given my first loan. I regret taking the collateral that I did, but it's something to learn from and it wasn't exactly a huge loan. The account should be sellable for the amount I loaned him, but only time will tell. He'll probably pay me back, but I'm not worried if he doesn't.

The thing to avoid while lending bitcoin taking forum account as collateral is you must not lend amount equal to account value
So for example, according to you if the value of an account is 0.1 btc in the market then don't give lender loan of more than 0.07 btc
In this way even if the market drops you won't make loss

I found this way when I was scammed by giving out large amount which was a bit high than account value and then later faced loss
Nextgen

Activity: 410
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 06:30:59 AM

The account market is close to an end now cause there are a lot more accounts than needed and also not enough signature campaigns to enroll.A lot amount of people are going to start defaulting before it ends.

The thing to avoid while lending bitcoin taking forum account as collateral is you must not lend amount equal to account value
So for example, according to you if the value of an account is 0.1 btc in the market then don't give lender loan of more than 0.07 btc

I found this way when I was scammed by giving out large amount which was a bit high than account value and then later faced loss
people might just go away with whatever you are willing to lend and which is why you should see the Rep before lending.
Rickers

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 09:41:50 PM

I think 50% discount of the account is at least. The price of the account has dropped quite a lot since the bitcoin price has risen.
~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 02:57:21 AM

But taking acccount as collateral and when that people don't pay loan it will be hard for you to sell those accounts in reasonable price. Don't give more than 40-50% of the account price as loan.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: