Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 09:07:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Things which suck in bitcointalk.org  (Read 1984 times)
HardForkComing (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 11:35:08 AM
Last edit: November 29, 2015, 10:29:37 PM by HardForkComing

• A lot of people, who're simply trolling without providing any value in their posts
  • "Unwatch" button doesn't work for topics you've posted and want to unwatch
  • People giving negative trust to people who they haven't done any trades with (see my profile for ref). Trust abuse as well
  • There's too much spam in all topics, but mods are doing great work removing it. I assume community helps too, by reporting.
  • Paid signature spammers

Post what you dislike in here, let's try gather stuff.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Decoded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

give me your cryptos

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 11:37:23 AM

The UI is pretty crappy (No offense admins).

Nevertheless, they are working on a totally new UI. the question is, when this new design is going to come. I've been waiting months xD

When I first saw this site, I was pissed off at how small the "home", "help", "search", etc buttons were... But I eventually got used to them.

looking for a signature campaign, dm me for that
HardForkComing (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 11:38:35 AM

It's a simple SMF theme, that's all. There's a million similar forums with different niches.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 6085

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 11:41:53 AM

• A lot of people, who're simply trolling without providing any value in their posts
  • People giving negative trust to people who they haven't done any trades with (see my profile for ref). Trust abuse as well
  • There's too much spam in all topics, but mods are doing great work removing it. I assume community helps too, by reporting.

Post what you dislike in here, let's try gather stuff.

I will comment on some of the things you mentioned first , for what comes to giving trust without trades it's pretty normal and it's not against the rules , theymos post :

On feedback pages, you can leave trade feedback. There are no rules for this, but here are some guidelines:
- List all of the trades that you do with people (or at least the major ones). This is not like #bitcoin-otc where you give people just one score.
- Do not rate people based on the quality of their posts.
- Older ratings count for more, so don't delete old ratings if you can avoid it.
- "Risked BTC" is how much money you could have lost if the person you're rating had turned out to be a scammer. Or, if they are a scammer, it's how much you lost. Use the BTC value at the time of reporting.
- It's OK to post a rating about the person in general, not tied to a specific trade.
- If you want to make a rating stronger, increase "Risked BTC". 50 extra risked BTC is equivalent to an additional rating.

However I do agree that there is trust abuse on the forums without doubt .

Now what do I dislike ? It's pretty much the technical stuff (features) , I'd simply like to see more features on a big forum like this and hopefully the new forum software will bring these features , I'd like to also see some sticked topics (mostly on the marketplace sections) about what is allowed and what is not allowed to sell (such as Social Engineering (aka refunding) services etc ... ) . Other then that and what you mentioned I guess that the forums are just fine .

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Lutpin
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1874

Goodbye, Z.

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2015, 11:43:24 AM

Unwatch button works. Those threads are removed from your "Watchlist".
But they stay in your "Show new replies to your posts." list. if you read closely, you might find the reason why.

Trust can't be abused, that was discussed several times. And giving trust without trades is not a problem.
For the trust you got (I asume you talk about your neg), no one willing to trade will care about that. No one will mind it.

For the spamming problem, we probably have to wait until the spampaigns realize the changes they promised to make.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
████▀██████▀█▀██████▀████
██████████████████████████
▐█████▄███████████████▄█████▌
▐███████▄▄█████████▄▄███████▌
▐██████▀█████████████▀██████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
▀██████████████████████▀
▀████▄████▄▀▀▄████▄████▀
▀███████▀███▀███████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
            ██                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄                           ██
           ██  ██████                ▄██████████▄     ████████████████████▀
          ██  ████████             ▄████▀   ▀████▄    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
         ██  ████  ████           ████▀       ▀██▀    ████
        ██  ████    ████        ▄███▀                 ████

██  ████      ████       ███▀                  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ██  ████        ████      ███                   ██████████████
     ██  ████          ████     ███▄                  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██  ████████████████████    ▀████                 ████
   ██  ██████████████████████    ▀████▄        ▄██▄   ████

██  ████                ████     ▀████▄   ▄████▀    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██  ████                  ████      ▀██████████▀     ████████████████████▄
  ██                                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██
   ▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
HardForkComing (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 11:44:57 AM

Thanks for your input guys. Is there a link with the announcement of that "new forum" topic?
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 6085

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 11:46:25 AM

Thanks for your input guys. Is there a link with the announcement of that "new forum" topic?

Section in case you got any suggestion to give : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=167.0
and the current requirements that the new forum will/should contain : https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bHlm4NQkSzaBTT5tLIqQBmV92wSsbdOX5r-dRR9Dgg0/edit?pli=1 from https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=523070.0

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
HardForkComing (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 11:54:23 AM

Section in case you got any suggestion to give : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=167.0
and the current requirements that the new forum will/should contain : https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bHlm4NQkSzaBTT5tLIqQBmV92wSsbdOX5r-dRR9Dgg0/edit?pli=1 from https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=523070.0
That's interesting, thanks man. Gonna start reading right now.
Appreciate it.
supermeatboy385

Activity: 139

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 11:58:57 AM

Nevertheless, they are working on a totally new UI. the question is, when this new design is going to come. I've been waiting months xD

When I first saw this site, I was pissed off at how small the "home", "help", "search", etc buttons were... But I eventually got used to them.
They are working on new UI and forum software Smiley
HardForkComing (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 12:02:36 PM

They are working on new UI and forum software Smiley
From what I see, they've been working since March. That's a lot of time.
I think 2 persons would be able to make a decent forum in nodeJS in 2 months.
Fwdxlsh

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 02:02:40 PM

Death threats to other users.

Trust abuse.

Trust farming.

Scamming

Lying.

Stealing.

Bullying.

Nonproductive activity. The site will be shut down though, according to Spoetnik. Let's see if Spoetnik will deliver. Put in your signature #SpoetnikSaveUs. 

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1268702.0

(Joking.

Or am I...)
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2015, 02:08:38 PM

I am so used to the current forums I hope the switch over never happens lol. The only thing I do not like are the spammers. I really do not care about the UI portion at all.
HardForkComing (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 02:10:11 PM

I am so used to the current forums I hope the switch over never happens lol. The only thing I do not like are the spammers. I really do not care about the UI portion at all.
I got nothing against this SMF theme tbh, I find it nice. Been using same themes for forums I've ran in the past, and it's really easy to adapt to it.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2015, 02:20:33 PM

The problem with some things is that they would require more work that they're worth it. Anyone who puts the UI above security is pretty ignorant. This patched up version of SMF has been 'great' so far; you can just imagine how many people want/tried hacking the forum.

The site will be shut down though, according to Spoetnik. Let's see if Spoetnik will deliver. Put in your signature #SpoetnikSaveUs.  
It won't.

Trust isn't moderated unless there is a case of (real) abuse, which I haven't seen in a while. Spamming is also "subjective". There are moderators that aren't that strict; regardless, we've been doing everything we can.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
HardForkComing (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 02:22:56 PM

The problem with some things is that they would require more work that they're worth it. Anyone who puts the UI above security is pretty ignorant. This patched up version of SMF has been great so far; you can just imagine how many people want/tried hacking the forum.

The site will be shut down though, according to Spoetnik. Let's see if Spoetnik will deliver. Put in your signature #SpoetnikSaveUs. 
It won't.

Trust isn't moderated unless there is a case of (real) abuse, which I haven't seen in a while. Spamming is also "subjective". There are moderators that aren't that strict; regardless, we've been doing everything we can.
Check that guy's post above, where Spoetnik, the asshole, gets death threats.
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1105

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2015, 03:01:16 PM

People giving negative trust to people who they haven't done any trades with (see my profile for ref). Trust abuse as well

Wow, looks like the level for people whining about "trust abuse" (which is actually completely how the trust system is intended to be used) isn't even at getting a negative rep from DefaultTrust now, but getting a single negative untrusted rep.

People are completely in their rights to leave whatever trust they like. Whether they'll be on DefaultTrust or not is another story.

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
HardForkComing (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 03:02:57 PM

People giving negative trust to people who they haven't done any trades with (see my profile for ref). Trust abuse as well

Wow, looks like the level for people whining about "trust abuse" (which is actually completely how the trust system is intended to be used) isn't even at getting a negative rep from DefaultTrust now, but getting a single negative untrusted rep.

People are completely in their rights to leave whatever trust they like. Whether they'll be on DefaultTrust or not is another story.
I'm not whining, that's the thing. But a degenerate gambler left me neg trust for something retarded. He was talking shit and trolling me. When I hit back, he gave me neg trust, lol.

I expected a similar comment to yours.
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1105

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2015, 03:05:53 PM

I'm not whining, that's the thing. But a degenerate gambler left me neg trust for something retarded. He was talking shit and trolling me. When I hit back, he gave me neg trust, lol.

You left a response, he expressed his opinion, you expressed yours, really that should be it as neither of you are on DefaultTrust. Both of you did what is perfectly allowed so while you may be a tiny bit salty that should be just about it.

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
HardForkComing (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 03:06:56 PM

You left a response, he expressed his opinion, you expressed yours, really that should be it as neither of you are on DefaultTrust. Both of you did what is perfectly allowed so while you may be a tiny bit salty that should be just about it.
It was just an example, I didn't make this because of negative trust. He's a fart in the wind, lol.
GannickusX

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 04:07:22 PM

Death threats to other users.

Trust abuse.

Trust farming.

Scamming

Lying.

Stealing.

Bullying.

Nonproductive activity. The site will be shut down though, according to Spoetnik. Let's see if Spoetnik will deliver. Put in your signature #SpoetnikSaveUs. 

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1268702.0

(Joking.

Or am I...)

''Scamming '' ''Lying.'' ''Stealing.'' ''Bullying.'' Things that happen EVERYWHERE in the internet, that is not this forum's fault. ''Trust abuse.'' What is trust abuse ? If trust is not moderated and everyone can give trust ratings to everyone how can someone even abuse trust? Poeple should read the trust ratings instead of looking if they are green or red.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: