Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 09:08:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Things which suck in bitcointalk.org  (Read 1973 times)
Fwdxlsh

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 09:33:27 PM

People giving negative trust to people who they haven't done any trades with (see my profile for ref). Trust abuse as well

Wow, looks like the level for people whining about "trust abuse" (which is actually completely how the trust system is intended to be used) isn't even at getting a negative rep from DefaultTrust now, but getting a single negative untrusted rep.

People are completely in their rights to leave whatever trust they like. Whether they'll be on DefaultTrust or not is another story.
I'm not whining, that's the thing. But a degenerate gambler left me neg trust for something retarded. He was talking shit and trolling me. When I hit back, he gave me neg trust, lol.

I expected a similar comment to yours.
That's not even funny. Please leave MRKLYE ALONE. He is mentally sick. Obviously. I'm not saying that to make fun of mental illness. Mental illness is not something to joke about. You need to sit down and talk to him. I understand he is going around leaving negative trust randomly, but you have to talk to him.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HardForkComing (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 09:40:18 PM

People giving negative trust to people who they haven't done any trades with (see my profile for ref). Trust abuse as well

Wow, looks like the level for people whining about "trust abuse" (which is actually completely how the trust system is intended to be used) isn't even at getting a negative rep from DefaultTrust now, but getting a single negative untrusted rep.

People are completely in their rights to leave whatever trust they like. Whether they'll be on DefaultTrust or not is another story.
I'm not whining, that's the thing. But a degenerate gambler left me neg trust for something retarded. He was talking shit and trolling me. When I hit back, he gave me neg trust, lol.

That's not even funny. Please leave MRKLYE ALONE. He is mentally sick. Obviously. I'm not saying that to make fun of mental illness. Mental illness is not something to joke about. You need to sit down and talk to him. I understand he is going around leaving negative trust randomly, but you have to talk to him.
Dude, I don't care about his character/personality, but about the stuff he does. He's not the only person who does that.
Does it mean all of them are mentally retarded and need to be treated specially? This isn't a mental institution, but a forum.
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2015, 10:18:34 PM

I wouldn't worry about the feedback either of those 2 left...no one takes either of them too seriously.
Fwdxlsh

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 10:20:51 PM

Dude, I don't care about his character/personality, but about the stuff he does. He's not the only person who does that.
Does it mean all of them are mentally retarded and need to be treated specially? This isn't a mental institution, but a forum.
In some cases, it probably is a mental institution. If he is reportedly ill, be nice to him to get him to take it down. I'm not making excuses for him. I'm just asking you to bring his suicidal thoughts into consideration.
HardForkComing (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 10:27:36 PM

In some cases, it probably is a mental institution. If he is reportedly ill, be nice to him to get him to take it down. I'm not making excuses for him. I  just asking you to bring his suicidal thoughts into consideration.
Dude, I really hope you don't believe that low life sociopath that he's suicidal. Don't buy shit he sells. He's an addict, gambling addict. You'll have all kind of shit from him. They don't differ from junkies or alcoholics.
Fwdxlsh

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 10:32:10 PM

In some cases, it probably is a mental institution. If he is reportedly ill, be nice to him to get him to take it down. I'm not making excuses for him. I  just asking you to bring his suicidal thoughts into consideration.
Dude, I really hope you don't believe that low life sociopath that he's suicidal. Don't buy shit he sells. He's an addict, gambling addict. You'll have all kind of shit from him. They don't differ from junkies or alcoholics.
I take every word spoken to me over the internet skeptically. But when it comes to somebody's life quite possibly on the line, that is when I don't question whether or not I should be concerned. Whether or not they are selling stories, I just play it safe and voice support for them.

This is my support. Just talk to him.
HardForkComing (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 10:34:03 PM

Avoiding quoting, since we've gone off-topic.

I take every word spoken to me over the internet skeptically. But when it comes to somebody's life quite possibly on the line, that is when I don't question whether or not I should be concerned. Whether or not they are selling stories, I just play it safe and voice support for them.

This is my support. Just talk to him.

I'm not interested to have that negative trust removed, because it's nonsense.

Updated OP.

Fwdxlsh

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 10:36:07 PM

Even if MRKLYE were to give me a negative rating based on anger and personal hatred for me, I still would be there for him. It is always important to lead examples that you want others to follow. No matter what they've done to you.

Whatever. I'm logging out for a couples of weeks. I cannot accept any of this. I'm not looking down on you, because I understand your frustration. But at the same time, have a little compassion. I suppose you can add me to your list of "things that suck at BitcoinTalk".
HardForkComing (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 10:37:25 PM

Even if MRKLYE were to give me a negative rating based on anger and personal hatred for me, I still would be there for him. It is always important to lead examples that you want others to follow. No matter what they've done to you.

Whatever. I'm logging out for a couples of weeks. I cannot accept any of this. I'm not looking down on you, because I understand your frustration. But at the same time, have a little compassion.
I feel you man, but I've seen the same SOB stories in here in the last 5 years, and I'm simply guarding myself.

Happy farming Smiley
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 3010

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2015, 10:56:14 PM

Whatever. I'm logging out for a couples of weeks. I cannot accept any of this.

Good idea - get some help.  Good luck!

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!

OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
GannickusX

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 11:13:58 PM

How dare you to imply that he has mental problems? You should be banned forever from this forum, such things are not allowed here, YOU ARE A BULLY.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 3010

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2015, 11:17:06 PM

How dare you to imply that he has mental problems? You should be banned forever from this forum, such things are not allowed here, YOU ARE A BULLY.

One only need look at his profile to see he has mental problems.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!

OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 11:27:07 PM

• Theymos
HardForkComing (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 11:53:33 PM

• Theymos
Is this a paradox? (random)

• a number of connected items or names written or printed consecutively, typically one below the other.
disclaimer201
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 10:32:09 PM

Generally like bitcointalk.org very much, especially because it is simple and cuts out the crap. What I dislike is the search function. It's absolutely crap, close to useless!
HardForkComing (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 10:33:29 PM

Generally like bitcointalk.org very much, especially because it is simple and cuts out the crap. What I dislike is the search function. It's absolutely crap, close to useless!
Having the same experience. We can't blame the admins tho, but the actual SMF creators.
TheGr33k

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 01:29:33 AM

I don't have that many issues here. Just 2. They're microscopic though.
Sir_lagsalot

Activity: 392
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 12:48:27 PM

The UI is pretty crappy (No offense admins).

Nevertheless, they are working on a totally new UI. the question is, when this new design is going to come. I've been waiting months xD

When I first saw this site, I was pissed off at how small the "home", "help", "search", etc buttons were... But I eventually got used to them.

Agreed, the interface is pretty bad. Maybe the admins could put in a special page where you can personally customise the interface? Or maybe something like the prime dice style, slanted and boxy but with a light colour palate.
Wei H
Legendary

Activity: 1192
Merit: 1001

Chinese translator

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2015, 07:33:06 PM

I'm trying to be positive, but it seems that: Undecided
  • This forum is filled with haters.

Anyway everything here goes well for me so far, I'm good with the forum.
The Sceptical Chymist
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 6764

Proudly Cycling Merits for Foxpup

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 07:50:37 PM

Death threats to other users.

Trust abuse.

Trust farming.

Scamming

Lying.

Stealing.

Bullying.

Nonproductive activity. The site will be shut down though, according to Spoetnik. Let's see if Spoetnik will deliver. Put in your signature #SpoetnikSaveUs. 

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1268702.0

(Joking.

Or am I...)

''Scamming '' ''Lying.'' ''Stealing.'' ''Bullying.'' Things that happen EVERYWHERE in the internet, that is not this forum's fault. ''Trust abuse.'' What is trust abuse ? If trust is not moderated and everyone can give trust ratings to everyone how can someone even abuse trust? Poeple should read the trust ratings instead of looking if they are green or red.
That stuff doesn't happen anywhere near as much on the fountain pen forum that I belong to or the stamp collecting forum I belong to. those forms are relatively honorable.It's really bad here.

..JAMBLER.io..Create Your Bitcoin Mixing
Business Now for   F R E E 
▄█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████▀████████████████████
███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
██▀█████▄█▄██████████████
██▄▄████▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
███████▀▄█▀█▄██▀█▄███████
█████████▄█▀▄█▀▄█████████