Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:09:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Best BitCoin miner  (Read 1865 times)
daze (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 07:23:32 AM

Hi Guys,

What's the best BitCoin miner these days? I live in California, so electricity isn't cheap.

I was thinking of getting this one because it's easy to acquire:

1. GekkoScience Compac USB Stick Bitcoin Miner 8gh/s+ (BM1384)
2. Bitmain AntMiner U3 Bitcoin Miner Version 2

Thoughts?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Shibashi Dogemoto

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 07:25:48 AM

Hi Guys,

What's the best BitCoin miner these days? I live in California, so electricity isn't cheap.

Thoughts?

I wouldn't go for the U3. It's known to be unstable...
I'm running a GekkoScience Compac myself, and it's a really fun device. Do be carefull, it runs at a little over 10Ghs/s at my place, so it's not the same as an S7, witch gives you almost 5 Th/s.

With this, i mean that with a stickminer, you'll only mine a couple thousand satoshi's a day... If you buy an S7, you can actually make some real coins Wink
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 07:31:29 AM

Hi Guys,

Thoughts?

I'm running a GekkoScience Compac myself, and it's a really fun device. Do be carefull, it runs at a little over 10Ghs/s at my place, so it's not the same as an S7, witch gives you almost 5 Th/s.

With this, i mean that with a stickminer, you'll only mine a couple thousand satoshi's a day... If you buy an S7, you can actually make some real coins Wink

If your doing it for fun you could use either.  But keep in mind you will not make back what those cost.  They are considered "lotto" devices to most as they can use them for little electricity trying to hit a block.   It will not make what you pay if you try to just mine it.  Also keep in mind chances of getting a block are slim.

But the compac is the easier one of the two without messing around with zombies.  But the price of U3 keeps it in peoples eye.  I personally use both for fun, but I use a RPI for compac controller and crazyguy's custom firmware R1 for the U3's to get rid of zombie problem.
Atomicat
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 07:48:51 AM

Hi Guys,

Thoughts?
I would advise getting a Antminer S5 or Antminer S7 if you want to make some profit(It might take ~7-8 months to get an ROI) by mining.
daze (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 08:02:32 AM

Hi Guys,

Thoughts?
I would advise getting a Antminer S5 or Antminer S7 if you want to make some profit(It might take ~7-8 months to get an ROI) by mining.
Other than Amazon, any better/cheaper place to get it the S7 from?
Shibashi Dogemoto

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 08:04:09 AM

Other than Amazon, any better/cheaper place to get it the S7 from?

I would get them on this forum... Lots of second hand S3/S5's changing hands nowadays Wink
BTW: only buy from trusted sellers and always use a trusted escrow when dealing on this forum...
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 08:04:46 AM

Anything but S7 is a waste of time. Especially having in mind expected mining diff increase. If I were your, I do go PoS or build a rig cause SHA 256 mining for home users is the thing of the past. Unless you are a whale.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
daze (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 08:13:58 AM

Anything but S7 is a waste of time. Especially having in mind expected mining diff increase. If I were your, I do go PoS or build a rig cause SHA 256 mining for home users is the thing of the past. Unless you are a whale.
Definitely not a whale. Smiley What's PoS? And building a right, you mean, use GPU mining?
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 08:21:52 AM

Definitely not a whale. Smiley What's PoS? And building a right, you mean, use GPU mining?

pos is for altcoin, does not belong here, it's proof of stake

anyway it's not true that only the s7 has a reason, s5 is good if you don't mind electricity, because it cost much less and the roi is faster

s5 deliver 1/4.2 of the hash, while costing 1/6-7
daze (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 08:25:49 AM

anyway it's not true that only the s7 has a reason, s5 is good if you don't mind electricity, because it cost much less and the roi is faster

Do you think paying $500.49 for a user one on Amazon is a reasonable price? I'll dig around and see what the going prices are.

This community is super awesome! Thanks for chiming in with some excellent advice!
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 08:28:35 AM

Do you think paying $500.49 for a user one on Amazon is a reasonable price? I'll dig around and see what the going prices are.

This community is super awesome! Thanks for chiming in with some excellent advice!

for an s7? where at that price, because if that is true, it would be amazing, very cheap indeed

i would grab it without thinking, roi is in 2 months with that investment
daze (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 08:47:40 AM

for an s7? where at that price, because if that is true, it would be amazing, very cheap indeed

My bad. That's for an S5 on Amazon.
Shibashi Dogemoto

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 08:51:59 AM

Amazon prices are usually higher than the prices you pay on this forum. Same goes for ebay... I've found some good deals on alixpress, but you have to be carefull with them to...
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 09:18:25 AM
Last edit: December 01, 2015, 07:24:47 AM by Amph

then no, you can find it at 350 if used even less maybe, try to look at the market section here or on ebay, i've spotted one at around 300 once

look http://www.ebay.it/itm/Bitmain-Bitcoin-Miner-AntMiner-S5-1155-Gh-s-590-Watts-at-wall-/201473961053?hash=item2ee8c8ac5d:g:HJ8AAOSwniRWNqRy  this is 350 but if you live in canada it's only 250
RichBC

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 10:16:52 AM
Last edit: November 30, 2015, 10:28:22 AM by RichBC

Hi Guys,

Thoughts?

If your doing it for fun you could use either.  But keep in mind you will not make back what those cost.  They are considered "lotto" devices to most as they can use them for little electricity trying to hit a block.   It will not make what you pay if you try to just mine it.  Also keep in mind chances of getting a block are slim.

But the compac is the easier one of the two without messing around with zombies.  But the price of U3 keeps it in peoples eye.  I personally use both for fun, but I use a RPI for compac controller and crazyguy's custom firmware R1 for the U3's to get rid of zombie problem.

For fun Mining my recommendation has now moved to just having an R1 with CrazyGuy's custom firmware. You get a full blown miner with the a proper interface, PSU and controller are included. You can connect via Ethernet or Wireless and it's also a Router.

I have been clocking mine at 200MHz / 11GH/s with zero HW errors. It consumes 6.4W at the wall so efficiency is 0.582J/GH, which is actually good enough, at the moment, if you were take it out of Solo Mode and point it at a Pool to make money even with my 15c electricity.

Much as I hate to say it, don't shoot me.....  I think at $50 and being fully integrated it's actually better for a beginner than a Compac. I just hope they come out with an R2 with a BM1385?

Rich

→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Hard-Disk Mineable Cryptocurrency !! B U R S T C O I N 💰 Cheap Price & Easy to Invest - CHECK IT OUT NOW! !! →→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Asset exchange, Automatic transactions, Escrow system & More !!
Atomicat
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 10:41:28 AM

If I where you I would stay away from the Antminer S5 its a very power hungry machine and you mentioned that electricity isn't cheap where you live.
Canaan Online Shop

Activity: 130
Merit: 12

Avalon Miner

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2023, 07:52:28 AM

Feel free to contact us for quoting Avalon Miner Cool

May the love & faith fill your heart and the mining of bitcoin fill your wallet.
bettercrypto

Activity: 1316
Merit: 268

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2023, 02:31:44 PM

Hi Guys,

Thoughts?

If you ask me, it is not good to use this Bitmain AntMiner U3 Bitcoin Miner Version 2, because its hash rate is low, and then the lifespan used is also short, if I am not mistaken, you can only use it for one year, which after 1 year you have to buy a new one again.

So I think the best one to use or to buy is the Bitmain Antminer S19 Pro, it is better because it has a higher hashrate than the U3, secondly its costing is lower than the U3 when it comes to electricity. In short, it is more profitable to run and to use compared to the U3 version 2 you are talking about.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
paid2

Activity: 672
Merit: 1996

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2023, 04:12:56 PM

If you ask me, it is not good to use this Bitmain AntMiner U3 Bitcoin Miner Version 2, because its hash rate is low, and then the lifespan used is also short, if I am not mistaken, you can only use it for one year, which after 1 year you have to buy a new one again.

So I think the best one to use or to buy is the Bitmain Antminer S19 Pro, it is better because it has a higher hashrate than the U3, secondly its costing is lower than the U3 when it comes to electricity. In short, it is more profitable to run and to use compared to the U3 version 2 you are talking about.

With all due respect @bettercrypto, there are several things that make me doubt about your answer. This topic was created in 2015, I don't think there's any point in answering OP's question anymore, it hasn't even been connected since "03 December 2015, 06:26:46"

What's more, even the pure content of your reply doesn't seem very appropriate to me. Comparing a USB miner with a few tens of Gh/s of hashrate like the U3 and an S19 makes no sense. At the time he wrote this topic the S19 didn't even exist.

Even today, it would never occur to anyone to compare the performance of an S19 with Gekkoscience's products, for example. It's a nonsense in my opinion

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████