Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:56:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [XCE] Introducing Cerium Combine DEADLINE 30/12/15  (Read 4766 times)
Cerium (OP)

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 09:42:29 PM
Last edit: December 01, 2015, 08:22:58 PM by Cerium

Cerium Combine

One of Cerium’s main goals is to support the cryptocurrency community and contribute towards
its development and expansion. Part of this is protecting those who get involved in coins which
for whatever reason have failed or are struggling to reach its targets because as a community
we need everyone we can get.

I have decided to launch an initiative called Cerium Combine. I've posted a few times in the past
about how cerium itself has struggled to keep going due to unfortunate circumstances but fortunately
we are still here today and continuing to maintain our innovativity.

The idea behind Cerium Combine is to combine the resources of Cerium and other coins to create a
stronger coin for all. Here are the steps and rules for the plan:

A diagram of the Cerium Combine process.

Coins that have chosen to become part of the initiative are accepted in the swapover/crowdfunding
campaign. Holders of the coins will send coins to a designated address for each coin.

Coins participating will have a predetermined set value according to the rough market price.
For example, if a coin has a decided value of 1 satoshi you will need 5000 coins to get one of the
new coin.

Cerium (XCE) will be valued at 5000 satoshis, a 1:1 swap.

For a coin to participate, Cerium requires ideally 2 people from the currency to come on board and
be part of the new coins team. The currency can be abandoned, struggling or fully functional and
the whole community doesn't need to agree or swap, just so long as we have a minimum of 1 person
from each currency to join the team. The idea is to combine our resources and skills to create a stronger
 coin which will have more success of adoption and use.

The person(s) has to have 1 or more of the following skills:

- Coin Development
    - Web Development
    - Investment in the new coin/resources for the new coin
    - Graphics/Branding
    - Promotion
    - Wide range of contacts

The deadline for coins participating is December 30th

For those who don’t own any (or enough) of the coins participating, There will be the option to invest
Bitcoin to the project so all can be involved. This is a new coin for the community and together we can
create something worthwhile that we can be proud of that can challenge with the frontrunners for the
altcoin crown.

The collected people to be part of the core team for the new coin's development need to be committed
and help develop the coin. The core team will discuss and design the coin and work to build up services.
We will try our best to fit in all the aims of the combined coins. The final goal will be to achieve something
as close to the whitepaper on the cerium website.

If you have any questions feel free to ask on the Bitcointalk thread or on the Cerium Slack.

For more information on the cerium project see xcerium.com

Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gioma

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

???

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 09:43:39 PM

Nice plan but I don't know if merging coins would help Grin
Cerium (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 09:46:02 PM

Nice plan but I don't know if merging coins would help Grin

from what i see in the altcoin realm 99% will never achieve thier aims and goals, if we combine our resources we have a better chance of achieving them and also clearing up the high number of "shitcoins" and protecting investors who were unfortunate enough to be caught up in the coin
Blake Birk

Activity: 667
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2015, 10:43:36 PM

so current cerium holders should just hold onto their xce?
Cerium (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 10:45:29 PM

yes, until we have finalised agreements with other coins and then they will be part of the swapover, each of the new coins will be worth 5000 sats base price and depending on the coin, they may need to send more of the old coins for one of the supercoin. Cerium will be valued at 5000 satoshis, a 1:1 swap
mogrith
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1001

Use Coinbase Account almosanywhere with Shift card

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2015, 10:49:44 PM

I would think that most people would trade their altcoin for XCE and dump it for BTC if they can. If they can't why bother. But if XCE can be sold who would be buying it?

Not knocking the idea just trying to see how it would work.

Merge mine BLC+PHO+ELT+XDQ+BBTC+UMO+LIT pool is open http://la1.blakecoin.com tips: 1MogRiTHpQZ7bkpq49cSVWADrTt7Jrghp
TheInfidel

Activity: 532

Better die on your feet, than live on your knees

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 10:50:56 PM

Yes, and it seems the buying has started.

Blake Birk

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2015, 10:51:44 PM

yes, until we have finalised agreements with other coins and then they will be part of the swapover, each of the new coins will be worth 5000 sats base price and depending on the coin, they may need to send more of the old coins for one of the supercoin. Cerium will be valued at 5000 satoshis, a 1:1 swap

cool I hold a bit of cerium, so don't leave me out Cheesy, I guess i'll just check out this thread often
Cerium (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 10:55:52 PM

cool I hold a bit of cerium, so don't leave me out Cheesy, I guess i'll just check out this thread often

going to use the remainder of this year to finalise deals with other coins and then january should see the beginning of the coin swap. you can press the notify button at the bottom right and it sends email notifications everytime someone posts in the thread, that might be a good way to make sure you dont miss anything
Blake Birk

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2015, 10:58:49 PM

going to use the remainder of this year to finalise deals with other coins and then january should see the beginning of the coin swap. you can press the notify button at the bottom right and it sends email notifications everytime someone posts in the thread, that might be a good way to make sure you dont miss anything

awesome thanks, done and done
Blake Birk

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2015, 11:32:27 PM

nice whitepaper
chey

Activity: 367

I'm a miner not a minor.

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2015, 11:41:20 PM

nice whitepaper

I concur  Cool

██
██
██
1st Stake
Android Wallet
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Transfercoin
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄
          ▄█▀▀▀ ▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▀█▄
       ▄█▀▀▄▄█████▀ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀█████▄▄▀▀█▄
     ▄█▀ ▄████▀▀▀ ▄███████▄ ▀▀▀████▄▀▀█▄
   ▄█▀ ▄███▀  ▄██ █████████ ██▄  ▀███▄ ▀█▄
  ▄█ ▄███▀ ▄████▀ ▀███████▀ ▀████▄ ▀███▄ █▄
 ▄█ ▄███  ████▀     ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀████  ███▄ █▄
▄█ ▄███  ███▀                   ▀███  ███▄ █▄
██ ███  ███▀                     ▀███  ███ ██
██ ███  ███                       ███  ███ ██
██ ███  ▄▄▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄  ███ ██
██ ██ ▄███████▄               ▄███████▄ ██ ██
▀█ ▀█ █████████               █████████ █▀ █▀
 ▀█ █ ▀███████▀               ▀███████▀ █ █▀
  █▄ ▀▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄██▄▄       ▄▄██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▀ ▄█
   ▀█▄ ▀███▄  ▀▀█████████████▀▀  ▄███▀ ▄█▀
     ▀█▄ ▀████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄████ ▄▄█▀
       ▀█▄▄▀▀██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀▄▄█▀
          ▀█▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▄█▀
             ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀
██
██
██
Cerium (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 11:44:23 PM

im glad you like the ideas behind the whitepaper, cerium combine is a way to get to there because as ive said in the past i dont have all the resources required to get there. the more coins that get involved in this program the more chance we have of creating a really good and useful coin.
Blake Birk

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2015, 12:57:05 AM

support cerium!!!
NextGenCrypto

Activity: 462

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2015, 01:04:44 AM

FYI Cerium - Because you have decided to spam so many fucking threads in this forum I have reported you directly to the owner of the forum (screw the report to moderator link).  I hope your trolling ass gets banned.

Cerium (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 07:28:42 AM

FYI Cerium - Because you have decided to spam so many fucking threads in this forum I have reported you directly to the owner of the forum (screw the report to moderator link).  I hope your trolling ass gets banned.

i only posted on selected threads, i had previously identified them as potential coins to take part in the idea, it was a generic message sent to all of the threads but completely relevant if you look back in the previous comments
Cerium (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 01:35:45 PM

making a change to the post, the deadline for any coins participating is 30th of December and then the gathered coins will focus on the development, that should be enough time for any coins wanting to get involved to get involved
BARR_Official

Activity: 686

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2015, 07:46:02 PM

from what i see in the altcoin realm 99% will never achieve thier aims and goals, if we combine our resources we have a better chance of achieving them and also clearing up the high number of "shitcoins" and protecting investors who were unfortunate enough to be caught up in the coin

We at BARR agree 100%.  

Since you're reducing and recycling altcoins, we'd like to give you some OFFS Altcoin Offset Credits.  OFFS are held in your NXT wallet (or an online wallet at SecureAE.com).

See the OFFS ANN for more details:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1233350

They're expensive, but we might be able to give a few to everyone who participates in Cerium Combine as an additional incentive and reward.  (These would be donated from our personal OFFS funds which have already been earned by burning BARR, since OFFS are never distributed without being earned).

Buying At Retail and Restaurants - BarrCryptocurrency.com
Cerium (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 07:54:44 PM

We at BARR agree 100%.  

Since you're reducing and recycling altcoins, we'd like to give you some OFFS Altcoin Offset Credits.  OFFS are held in your NXT wallet (or an online wallet at SecureAE.com).

See the OFFS ANN for more details:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1233350

They're expensive, but we might be able to give a few to everyone who participates in Cerium Combine as an additional incentive and reward.  (These would be donated from our personal OFFS funds which have already been earned by burning BARR, since OFFS are never issued for free).

great to have you onboard and thanks for the offer of the OFFS, we can certainly look into a way of adding them into the structure.

I was thinking in regards to the new coin we could burn barr? (slightly ironic but hear me out)

everyone exchanges barr into the new coin and then you are allocated a share of the new coin to run the exact same project  that you have ran very well so far with barr (the burning rates you have achieved so far is impressive) you get to clear up the altcoin industry and on top of that you have other people developing new features and ideas for the new coin giving and creating its value, does that sound like something we could do?
BARR_Official

Activity: 686

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2015, 08:14:36 PM

great to have you onboard and thanks for the offer of the OFFS, we can certainly look into a way of adding them into the structure.

I was thinking in regards to the new coin we could burn barr? (slightly ironic but hear me out)

everyone exchanges barr into the new coin and then you are allocated a share of the new coin to run the exact same project  that you have ran very well so far with barr (the burning rates you have achieved so far is impressive) you get to clear up the altcoin industry and on top of that you have other people developing new features and ideas for the new coin giving and creating its value, does that sound like something we could do?

Do you mean fully merging BARR into Cerium?  That would be complicated.  

You're only exchanging altcoins for Cerium one time, during December;  is that correct?  

And you're also doing an ICO?  So if we were to get rid of BARR and continue doing the same thing with Cerium, we'd need a fund of pre-mined coins?  

But will the coin still use sha256 PoW?  The way BARR currently operates uses Multi-Proof-of-Burn as the only method of generating coins, and our methods might not be compatible with a simultaneous ongoing generation of coins through PoW.

*Edit*  I see you're using 5% DPOS, which has a similar inflationary effect.   

But there could be more than one way our projects could work together.  

Buying At Retail and Restaurants - BarrCryptocurrency.com
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: