Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:07:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ROLLIN.IO] Rollin 2016 New Year // Contests & Giveaways!! / CLOSED.  (Read 24737 times)
ndnh (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1005

New Decentralized Nuclear Hobbit

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 04:03:04 AM

I

A) if my life depended on this , i would cut the green and red balls in half and paste each half with the other half the other color. That way whichever ball is picked i would just flip the ball over to the color green Smiley not sure if that was prohibited .

Nah, I will figure you are cheating.
Better would be to Paint all the balls green or bury the red ones. Grin

II
Answers to the second question.

He says the color of his crown.
How he figure it out? Simple, because of each man could see the others crown and there's just 3 of them with just 1 gold crown.
Which makes these possiblity :
  • If he saw 2 silver crowns, then his crown is Gold
  • If he saw 1 silver & 1 gold crown, then his crown is silver

Incorrect.

If someone would see two silver crowns, he would know he wears gold. This didn't happen, as they sat for a very long time, which means there are at least two golden crowns.
This means that one two persons see one silver and one gold crown, which means they still don't know a thing. That leaves the one person who sees gold only, he knows he is wearing silver. Hence he anounces: Iwear silver on my head and becomes minister.

Username: Loyce

The first part is correct.
For if there have been just one gold crown and two silver ones, the one with the gold crown will immediate figure out that and would win it, but as it says in the question, it takes a very long time for the winner to get the answer, so the possibility is crossed out.

The second part is not correct because the king says the game will be fair to all three. If only the one who wears the silver can figure the color of the crown on his head, it would not be fair.

let's pretend that A is the wisest man .
because no one get picked so there won't be two of the golden crown
A think that there's only one guy wearing the golden crown , and that's himself because they are all wise man , and if they saw the golden crown more than one , they won't sat their for the long time to realize they're not the one got picked Grin
They need to see both the silver crown to make sure that they are getting picked
So there's gonna be only one crown
A will stand up and said : i'm wearing the golden crown Grin

No, because A could not immediately get the color of his crown. (explanation above)

the dude probably saw that the other two we're also wearing silver crowns...so he realized that all of them were probably wearing silver crowns..so he stood up and said: "Good game my emperor! GG...no one has the golden crown..only you, now can i be the minister?"

LOL... Cheesy Tongue  Cool

That is a pretty good solution lol.
But the emperor was wearing a huge crown made entirely of precious stones. Absolutely no gold used. Grin

B) the clever man who stood up would know what his crown was made of by looking at his reflection off the other men's crown. He also knew if his crown was gold or silver by determining if it felt heavy enough to be gold because gold is heavier than silver.

No reflections lol. This is a logic kind of question, but anyway a good answer. Smiley Plus looking at reflections wouldn't tell the emperor who is wiser. May be both the crowns had the same weight, or was very small that it felt the same. The old men cannot compare since he cannot access the other.

Q. An emperor wants to find the cleverest of all men in his country to appoint him as his minister. There were three who made it to the last. The emperor places a crown on each of their heads, such that each man could see all of the other crowns, but none their own. Each crown was either gold or silver. The emperor gave his word to the wise men that at least one of them was wearing a gold crown; and that the contest would be fair to all three men. They were also not allowed to speak to each other. The emperor declared that whoever stood up and correctly announced the color of his own crown first would become his new minister. The men sat for a very long time before one stood up and correctly announced the answer. What did he say, and how did he figure it out?

hmm, i think i understand your idea ndnch... but i think there is a mistake in your question

The key words are

The emperor gave his word to the wise men that at least one of them was wearing a gold crown
and
and that the contest would be fair to all three men

the possible options, because it say it`ll be fair to all three men, so,
1. 2 guys using silver crown isnt fair, because the third man will know he`s using gold crown (unfair)
2. 1 guy using silver crown and 2 gold crown (possible)
3. 3 guys using gold crown - (possible)
4. 3 guys using silver - (impossible)

now we look at option 2 and 3... because other options not possible or unfair
if a guy see 2 gold crown, he can`t know if he`s using Gold(3) or Silver(2)

if a guy see 1 silver and 1 gold, he can know for sure that he`s using a gold crown (2), because option 1 and 4 not possible or unfair
so, the answer is he said is Gold Crown.

This is the only possible answer, the problem is.. you said it must be fair the all three guys

in option 2, the guys that can see 1 silver and 1 gold, can know the answer
so, two of the guys can answer it, but the third one (using silver crown, can`t never know)
so it`s only fair to 2 guys.
So... i think your question is wrong

My answer is> the question have a mistake, because the game was not fair to the 3 guys

Incorrect, but You have got 2/3 of the explanation correct. Smiley

Winners of the first question paid.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jeremycoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 04:15:04 AM

If someone would see two silver crowns, he would know he wears gold. This didn't happen, as they sat for a very long time, which means there are at least two golden crowns.
This means that one two persons see one silver and one gold crown, which means they still don't know a thing. That leaves the one person who sees gold only, he knows he is wearing silver. Hence he anounces: Iwear silver on my head and becomes minister.

Username: Loyce

The first part is correct.
For if there have been just one gold crown and two silver ones, the one with the gold crown will immediate figure out that and would win it, but as it says in the question, it takes a very long time for the winner to get the answer, so the possibility is crossed out.

The second part is not correct because the king says the game will be fair to all three. If only the one who wears the silver can figure the color of the crown on his head, it would not be fair.

Is this mean that everyone wear the same color? and because the king said "at least one of them was wearing the gold crown" then it means that everyone wear the gold crown.
Am I right?

faucet used to be profitable
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2015, 05:05:35 AM

I have been asked to draw the winning numbers for the Rollin Christmas Lottery. I will be using random.org (The drawn numbers in order will be matched to usernames and prizes paid out).
madc0in

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 06:02:57 AM

I have been asked to draw the winning numbers for the Rollin Christmas Lottery. I will be using random.org (The drawn numbers in order will be matched to usernames and prizes paid out).

thanks for ur help  Wink
ndnh (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 07:10:21 AM

Thank you for the confirmation. Smiley
ndnh (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 07:16:09 AM

Is this mean that everyone wear the same color? and because the king said "at least one of them was wearing the gold crown" then it means that everyone wear the gold crown.
Am I right?

Yeah, you ought to give the full explanation (since we already have around 2/3rd)

Current standings:
loyce : 2 mBTC
Explanation of the first part correct.

fumblingperch : 2 mBTC
Most of the explanation correct. But the rewards for the part Loyce explained goes to Loyce only.

Jeremyroll : 2 mBTC
Gives the correct answer first.
Maaz

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 09:49:20 AM
Last edit: December 27, 2015, 07:39:42 PM by Maaz

Sugession: Add Odd Or Even(Optional) To Increase Bet
https://i.imgur.com/PczwZGz.png
fumblingperch

Activity: 490

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 10:22:48 AM

i think i got it now...

so, if 1 silver and 2 gold is not fair to the guy using the silver crown, because he can`t know if he`s using silver (2) or gold crown (3)

the option 2 isn`t fair too

the option 3 is the unique valid fair to all 3 guys

So all 3 guys using a Gold Crown..., and the clever guy who notice that and said he`s using a Gold Crown

Jeremycoin
Legendary

𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 02:09:59 PM

Am I right?

Yeah, you ought to give the full explanation (since we already have around 2/3rd)

Current standings:

fumblingperch : 2 mBTC
Most of the explanation correct. But the rewards for the part Loyce explained goes to Loyce only.

Wait what? my answer is correct?

fumblingperch

Activity: 490

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 04:37:35 PM

hmm the question is... what he said and how did he got the solution, not what the correct answer

ndnh (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 05:07:15 PM

i think i got it now...

so, if 1 silver and 2 gold is not fair to the guy using the silver crown, because he can`t know if he`s using silver (2) or gold crown (3)

So all 3 guys using a Gold Crown..., and the clever guy who notice that and said he`s using a Gold Crown

Exactly. Cheesy

You were the first to suggest the answer to be three golden crowns, so yes. Smiley
But you didn't explain on the second and more important part of the question.

Winners:

fumblingperch : 6 mBTC

The original question:
The King's Wise Men: The King called the three wisest men in the country to his court to decide who would become his new advisor. He placed a hat on each of their heads, such that each wise man could see all of the other hats, but none of them could see their own. Each hat was either white or blue. The king gave his word to the wise men that at least one of them was wearing a blue hat; in other words, there could be one, two, or three blue hats, but not zero. The king also announced that the contest would be fair to all three men. The wise men were also forbidden to speak to each other. The king declared that whichever man stood up first and correctly announced the colour of his own hat would become his new advisor. The wise men sat for a very long time before one stood up and correctly announced the answer. What did he say, and how did he work it out?

The solution:
Suppose that there was one blue hat. The person with that hat would see two white hats, and since the king specified that there is at least one blue hat, that wise man would immediately know the colour of his hat. However, the other two would see one blue and one white hat and would not be able to immediately infer any information from their observations. Therefore, this scenario would violate the king's specification that the contest would be fair to each. So there must be at least two blue hats.
Suppose then that there were two blue hats. Each wise man with a blue hat would see one blue and one white hat. Supposing that they have already realized that there cannot be only one (using the previous scenario), they would know that there must be at least two blue hats and therefore, would immediately know that they each were wearing a blue hat. However, the man with the white hat would see two blue hats and would not be able to immediately infer any information from his observations. This scenario, then, would also violate the specification that the contest would be fair to each. So there must be three blue hats.
Since there must be three blue hats, the first man to figure that out will stand up and say blue.

tl;dr
Scenario 1, One gold crown and Two silver crown. Does not take "very long" time to figure out and the contest would not be fair, for the one with the gold crown gets an advantage.
Scenario 2, Two gold crowns and One silver crown. The contest would not be fair, for the ones with the gold crown gets an advantage while the one with the silver cannot infer anything.
Scenario 3, Three gold crowns, as the only possible scenario remaining and that which satisfies all conditions.
Reference: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Induction_puzzles#Solutions
Jeremycoin
Legendary

𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 05:12:54 PM

i think i got it now...

Exactly. Cheesy

You were the first to suggest the answer to be three golden crowns, so yes. Smiley
But you didn't explain on the second and more important part of the question.

Winners:

fumblingperch : 6 mBTC

The original question:
The King's Wise Men: The King called the three wisest men in the country to his court to decide who would become his new advisor. He placed a hat on each of their heads, such that each wise man could see all of the other hats, but none of them could see their own. Each hat was either white or blue. The king gave his word to the wise men that at least one of them was wearing a blue hat; in other words, there could be one, two, or three blue hats, but not zero. The king also announced that the contest would be fair to all three men. The wise men were also forbidden to speak to each other. The king declared that whichever man stood up first and correctly announced the colour of his own hat would become his new advisor. The wise men sat for a very long time before one stood up and correctly announced the answer. What did he say, and how did he work it out?

The solution:
Suppose that there was one blue hat. The person with that hat would see two white hats, and since the king specified that there is at least one blue hat, that wise man would immediately know the colour of his hat. However, the other two would see one blue and one white hat and would not be able to immediately infer any information from their observations. Therefore, this scenario would violate the king's specification that the contest would be fair to each. So there must be at least two blue hats.
Suppose then that there were two blue hats. Each wise man with a blue hat would see one blue and one white hat. Supposing that they have already realized that there cannot be only one (using the previous scenario), they would know that there must be at least two blue hats and therefore, would immediately know that they each were wearing a blue hat. However, the man with the white hat would see two blue hats and would not be able to immediately infer any information from his observations. This scenario, then, would also violate the specification that the contest would be fair to each. So there must be three blue hats.
Since there must be three blue hats, the first man to figure that out will stand up and say blue.

Reference: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Induction_puzzles#Solutions

This trivia kinda reminds me to this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98TQv5IAtY8

MataCoin

Activity: 203

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 12:04:32 AM

Lottery

code : XMAS
username : wio

YOLOdice.comFast 1% Edge Dice GameJackpotsRakebackPlay / Earn / Invest

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
ndnh (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 07:32:02 AM

Lottery

username : wio

Updated Coino to wio throughout the spreadsheet.

Thanks Smiley
ndnh (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 07:42:28 AM

Santa hungry..

Santa need Easter Egg omlettes..
mexxer-2

Activity: 924

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 07:54:05 AM

Santa hungry..

If santa had left some more hints, maybe he'd be having some good omelettes right now
ndnh (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 08:04:52 AM

Santa hungry..

If santa had left some more hints, maybe he'd be having some good omelettes right now

Many eggs, Many hints, you confuse. Most eggs find here : https://bitcointalk.org
rindo

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 09:19:41 AM

http://pastebin.com/KFwrVqFV

Congratulations!! You have found an Easter Egg!!

Claim 25 mBTC by posting this on the thread.

Cheers Smiley

username : Bee
Sambalado

Activity: 226

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 11:25:13 AM

http://pastebin.com/KFwrVqFV

Congratulations!! You have found an Easter Egg!!

Claim 25 mBTC by posting this on the thread.

Cheers Smiley

username : Bee

Where you got it ? Post a ss please

ICONOMI — Fund Management Platform ❘|❘ ICO ❘|❘ DISCUSSION
sanaly

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 12:35:19 PM

username : Sanaly
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: