Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:46:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 211 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][EGC] EverGreenCoin | Environmental Green Causes | Full 7% PoS | Foundation  (Read 284480 times)
clayford08

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 08:31:34 PM

Community members,

How can we at the EGC team make this a better community for everyone? Remember, innovation sparks sales and growth! Get involved today and help us grow!

EverGreenCoin (EGC) - promote and support Environmental Green Causes. http://evergreencoin.org

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Chicago

Activity: 592
Merit: 259

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 09:11:17 PM

Hello EGC Community,

In the past, I have found a scheduled IRC chat to be conducive to hearing ideas from all around while at the same time giving an opportunity for those who which to accept some responsibility to step up in one way or another.

Perhaps an Evergreen Inaugural IRC Summit™ could be in order at some appointed time during this weekend or the next.

Kind Regards,
-Chicago
clayford08

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 12:31:29 AM

Community members,

How can we at the EGC team make this a better community for everyone? Remember, innovation sparks sales and growth! Get involved today and help us grow!
Hello EGC Community,

In the past, I have found a scheduled IRC chat to be conducive to hearing ideas from all around while at the same time giving an opportunity for those who which to accept some responsibility to step up in one way or another.

Perhaps an Evergreen Inaugural IRC Summit™ could be in order at some appointed time during this weekend or the next.

Kind Regards,
-Chicago

I like that idea. It would be nice to sit down with everyone in the community and hear what they all think so far and maybe pitch some of our ideas moving forward! Excellent idea!

EverGreenCoin (EGC) - promote and support Environmental Green Causes. http://evergreencoin.org
clayford08

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 03:33:32 AM

GUYS,

Please, please, please... STOP SELLING SO LOW. Don't destroy the value of the coin. Take out your sell orders and start around .005 BTC per EGC.

antonio8
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 03:52:39 AM

GUYS,

Please, please, please... STOP SELLING SO LOW. Don't destroy the value of the coin. Take out your sell orders and start around .005 BTC per EGC.

OK, serious question.

Would love for that to happen but what makes it worth that? I have read every post in the thread and have not seen anything posted to hit that.

Again would love for that to happen but would like to know what makes you think it should be there.

If you are going to leave your BTC on an exchange please send it to this address instead 1GH3ub3UUHbU5qDJW5u3E9jZ96ZEmzaXtG, I will at least use the money better than someone who steals it from the exchange. Thanks Wink
clayford08

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 04:02:54 AM

GUYS,

OK, serious question.

Would love for that to happen but what makes it worth that? I have read every post in the thread and have not seen anything posted to hit that.

Again would love for that to happen but would like to know what makes you think it should be there.

The value of this coin is in several things.
1. A dev team that is active and has stayed active for months
2. A solid marketing team, getting the name out there on a global scale
3. The coin itself and the idea behind it. (Sustainable eco-friendly mining power and a way to market it)
4. The algorithm, a PoS system that is mathematically correct (with nice returns), and plenty of soon-to-come updates (more info coming soon)
5. A community that is quickly gaining momentum. There has been quite a bit of volume sold in the past few days and the coin just launched.

People are still skeptical and that's understandable. Here at EGC we will make it our goal for the community to trust the team behind the coin. If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to voice your opinion.

antonio8
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 04:15:15 AM

GUYS,

OK, serious question.

3. The coin itself and the idea behind it. (Sustainable eco-friendly mining power and a way to market it)
4. The algorithm, a PoS system that is mathematically correct (with nice returns), and plenty of soon-to-come updates (more info coming soon)
5. A community that is quickly gaining momentum. There has been quite a bit of volume sold in the past few days and the coin just launched.

People are still skeptical and that's understandable. Here at EGC we will make it our goal for the community to trust the team behind the coin. If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to voice your opinion.

Ok then look at it this way.

If you feel that those makes the coins worth what you wrote then you have the perfect opportunity right now to buy cheap cheap coins.

If you are going to leave your BTC on an exchange please send it to this address instead 1GH3ub3UUHbU5qDJW5u3E9jZ96ZEmzaXtG, I will at least use the money better than someone who steals it from the exchange. Thanks Wink
clayford08

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 04:29:20 AM

GUYS,

OK, serious question.

Ok then look at it this way.

If you feel that those makes the coins worth what you wrote then you have the perfect opportunity right now to buy cheap cheap coins.

I'm way ahead of you, man. I've been buying cheap coins since we got on an exchange.

benjy33
Legendary

Activity: 1339
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 04:30:45 AM

that happens to put the currency in echanges that my opinion does not deserve any punishment as yobit , I am more in favor of serious exanges as poloniex or Bitrex , that value has been a mirage I do not think it's worth so much that currency but wished the morrow have that price
clayford08

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 04:33:03 AM

that happens to put the currency in echanges that my opinion does not deserve any punishment as yobit , I am more in favor of serious exanges as poloniex or Bitrex , that value has been a mirage I do not think it's worth so much that currency but wished the morrow have that price

Uh.. haha.. what?

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1192

EverGreenCoin® (EGC) EverGreenCoin.org

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2016, 05:15:08 AM

Community members,

Hello EGC Community,

Kind Regards,
-Chicago

I like that idea. It would be nice to sit down with everyone in the community and hear what they all think so far and maybe pitch some of our ideas moving forward! Excellent idea!

I strongly agree with Chicago's idea. I was even thinking a google hangout perhaps. If you would be interested in attending either, could you please express your interest in doing so and what day and time might be convenient for your attendance. Of course you can do so publicly here in the thread or via personal message.

Thanks. We want to try and accommodate as best as possible for all those who wish to attend.

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2016, 06:30:35 AM

So the community is aware, I have update the OP to include the team & foundation members. Mind you, we are a small team and all do contribute however and whenever possible to all roles as we strive to reach our common goals of EverGreenCoin.

Team & Foundation Members
(in order of longevity)
Steven Saxton - Lead Developer
Matthew Langdon - Developer / Network Infrastructure
Clayton Sonnier - Marketing Administrator

All the community support is greatly appreciated by each and every team member. Thank you.

chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2016, 06:44:49 AM

So the community is aware, I have update the OP to include the team & foundation members. Mind you, we are a small team and all do contribute however and whenever possible to all roles as we strive to reach our common goals of EverGreenCoin.

(in order of longevity)

All the community support is greatly appreciated by each and every team member. Thank you.

in order of longevity ... i like that Smiley ...

nice work guys ...

irc would be good - IF - community members are willing ...

i use irc ONLY in the office - and skype for everywhere else ...

the reason? ... irc is more local - and conversations get lost if you are not logged in or are active ... skype is server based and you can ALWAYS catchup on the conversation missed - as its all logged on the server ... especially if you create 'group' that can invite others to join ... its not ideal - but its better than irc is with keeping up to date ...

even if your computer locks up and crashes - you can log in elsewhere with skype and log back in and not miss a thing by reading back ...

anyway - thats my take ...

keep up the good work guys ...

if you are fine with it - ill setup some permanent nodes for sync stability and network ease and no messing around with .conf files ( unless solomining ) ... these node can even be hardcoded if you like to have them ( i can do that through git as a pull request if you like ) ...

let me know ...

#crysx

clayford08

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 06:54:07 AM

(in order of longevity)

nice work guys ...

the reason? ... irc is more local - and conversations get lost if you are not logged in or are active ... skype is server based and you can ALWAYS catchup on the conversation missed - as its all logged on the server ... especially if you create 'group' that can invite others to join ... its not ideal - but its better than irc is with keeping up to date ...

even if your computer locks up and crashes - you can log in elsewhere with skype and log back in and not miss a thing by reading back ...

if you are fine with it - ill setup some permanent nodes for sync stability and network ease and no messing around with .conf files ( unless solomining ) ... these node can even be hardcoded if you like to have them ( i can do that through git as a pull request if you like ) ...

let me know ...

#crysx

First off, thank you for securing the network with your awesome hash rate. Secondly, If you could create a node, we would really appreciate that. The EGC team has been discussing the best options for acquiring more seed nodes. Third, your idea about irc is spot on. It can be a pain to always have to stay logged in. I think that's why Steve suggested google hangouts. It's essentially skype but has a better ui and almost everyone already has a google account.

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2016, 07:17:15 AM

(in order of longevity)

nice work guys ...

let me know ...

#crysx

First off, thank you for securing the network with your awesome hash rate. Secondly, If you could create a node, we would really appreciate that. The EGC team has been discussing the best options for acquiring more seed nodes. Third, your idea about irc is spot on. It can be a pain to always have to stay logged in. I think that's why Steve suggested google hangouts. It's essentially skype but has a better ui and almost everyone already has a google account.

first - i dont use google hangouts ... but if that is what you use - then so be it ... i like skype as its on ALL the devices i have and they ALL sync with the same conversation ... and its ALL logged on the microsoft servers ... which in this case is a damn good thing ...

second - the hashrate is one part of thefarm ( in addition with some rental machines - although there are very few of those around in x15 ) and im more than happy to push it - though that will have to change in a few days ... as i need thefarm back for other projects ( granite mainly which is x11 ) ...

third - i dont setup one node ... if there is any decent way of securing part of the network / sync with nodes its ALWAYS setting them up in threes ...

with the coins i help out - as some of the community members might know ( as i do have my own coin ( granite ) but try and help others out where i can ) - i will try and get as much as i can get done with coins that i believe may have some future - or ones that i personally wish to be involved in ... this is one of those coins ... this is all about working in tandem - and helping ...

so ill have a look at the code next week - and compile the daemon ( static build due to the shortcomings of centos 7 x64 ( redhat based ) and the crippled openssl that is inherent in the majority of rhel based os - and most of my servers / vps systems consist of ) and if it compiles without issue - setup the dns accordingly ...

if you ( the devs - or any one else for that matter ) wants to donate coins to the nodes - please be my guest ... yes - they will be mine - so this will be a donation of sorts as i ALWAYS setup nodes with at least 7000 coins ( unless they are rare coins and i cannot mine them easily ) and are NOT removed from the nodes unless the node is terminated ... though as long as the granite system is with me - they will not go down for the life of granite ... ive worked too damn hard and long for that to happen ...

this is NOT a request - just an option ...

the seed addresses will be simple ...

Code:
egc-seed1.granitecoin.com
egc-seed2.granitecoin.com
egc-seed3.granitecoin.com

if you are happy with that - i can start work on the compilation next week ( as this weekend i have a huge amount of personal 'business' to take care of ) ...

let me know what you think ...

btw - this is NOT a charged service or anything of the like ... this is granite helping evergreencoin - in the only way we as crypto communities know how ... by helping one another ...

#crysx

oneoff

Activity: 148
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 08:18:16 AM

I have offered a bounty for the first 25 redditors who subscribe to our subreddit. All you need to do is subscribe and then send me a message with your wallet address. It's that simple!

https://www.reddit.com/r/EverGreenCoin/comments/3zhcr3/newcomers_bounty/

The future is bright with this coin:
EXskuVaLeWTw3jw4DTXmzUCdN6z4JZ5ojg

Maybe I should code a Tipping bot, instead of these well-known DDos bots. I would tip your Wallets until these were overloaded.
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2016, 08:32:33 AM

(in order of longevity)

nice work guys ...

let me know ...

#crysx

first - i dont use google hangouts ... but if that is what you use - then so be it ... i like skype as its on ALL the devices i have and they ALL sync with the same conversation ... and its ALL logged on the microsoft servers ... which in this case is a damn good thing ...

second - the hashrate is one part of thefarm ( in addition with some rental machines - although there are very few of those around in x15 ) and im more than happy to push it - though that will have to change in a few days ... as i need thefarm back for other projects ( granite mainly which is x11 ) ...

third - i dont setup one node ... if there is any decent way of securing part of the network / sync with nodes its ALWAYS setting them up in threes ...

with the coins i help out - as some of the community members might know ( as i do have my own coin ( granite ) but try and help others out where i can ) - i will try and get as much as i can get done with coins that i believe may have some future - or ones that i personally wish to be involved in ... this is one of those coins ... this is all about working in tandem - and helping ...

so ill have a look at the code next week - and compile the daemon ( static build due to the shortcomings of centos 7 x64 ( redhat based ) and the crippled openssl that is inherent in the majority of rhel based os - and most of my servers / vps systems consist of ) and if it compiles without issue - setup the dns accordingly ...

if you ( the devs - or any one else for that matter ) wants to donate coins to the nodes - please be my guest ... yes - they will be mine - so this will be a donation of sorts as i ALWAYS setup nodes with at least 7000 coins ( unless they are rare coins and i cannot mine them easily ) and are NOT removed from the nodes unless the node is terminated ... though as long as the granite system is with me - they will not go down for the life of granite ... ive worked too damn hard and long for that to happen ...

Code:

if you are happy with that - i can start work on the compilation next week ( as this weekend i have a huge amount of personal 'business' to take care of ) ...

btw - this is NOT a charged service or anything of the like ... this is granite helping evergreencoin - in the only way we as crypto communities know how ... by helping one another ...

#crysx

First - We can respect that, IRC it is. I suspected this would be the sentiment. The time is up for debate but, http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#EverGreenCoin it is. Perhaps the team will do a hangout in the near future, just to show our faces and provide an update.

Second - Thank you kindly. We appreciate any hash you can throw at EGC. Of course we understand and respect you for your commitment to other coins.

Third - Because of the zero budget I had when EGC launched and failed promises of Clay's predecessor (aka 'my manager' from early in this thread) all expenses came out of my own pocket. I had to go with only one seed node to meet the Christmas Day launch.

I do respect and very strongly agree with your cooperation with other coins. I am a proud member of the Sterlingcoin team and is where I learned most of what was needed to bring EGC to life. I am trying to resurrect Donationcoin from the grave. I aid SXC, EFL, CAM, SLK, DRKSLK to name a few, whenever possible. I am also quick to jump to the aid of any coin's community member asking for assistance. I do publicly evangelize crypto and it's public acceptance as owner of the NewsBTC USA franchise.  I do view crypto as a whole not a group of individual sects. I may be known to some of you as CryptoCanary here and on other forums.

I am personally honored to have yours and granite's help and endorsement of EGC, chrysophylax. I am presently working on EGC v1.1 which, is only cosmetic changes and improvements to the qt. Nothing in respect to the daemon code. I do plan to have that complete very early this coming week. I can hard code your seed nodes in if we agree, which, I do believe we do. Yes we can and will donate.

And brother, "ive worked too damn hard and long for that to happen" needs no explanation to me.

Thank you for your support of EverGreenCoin.

CryptoCanary
Legendary

Activity: 1076
Merit: 1006

Canary in the crypto mine!

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 08:34:59 AM
Last edit: January 09, 2016, 08:56:34 AM by CryptoCanary

It is true. It is I, Steven Saxton. Smiley Hello EverGreenCoin community.

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2016, 08:43:44 AM

I have offered a bounty for the first 25 redditors who subscribe to our subreddit. All you need to do is subscribe and then send me a message with your wallet address. It's that simple!

https://www.reddit.com/r/EverGreenCoin/comments/3zhcr3/newcomers_bounty/

The future is bright with this coin:
EXskuVaLeWTw3jw4DTXmzUCdN6z4JZ5ojg

Sent. Grab your sun glasses and sun screen. It's only getting brighter.

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2016, 12:06:31 PM

(in order of longevity)

nice work guys ...

let me know ...

#crysx

Code:

#crysx

First - We can respect that, IRC it is. I suspected this would be the sentiment. The time is up for debate but, http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#EverGreenCoin it is. Perhaps the team will do a hangout in the near future, just to show our faces and provide an update.

Second - Thank you kindly. We appreciate any hash you can throw at EGC. Of course we understand and respect you for your commitment to other coins.

Third - Because of the zero budget I had when EGC launched and failed promises of Clay's predecessor (aka 'my manager' from early in this thread) all expenses came out of my own pocket. I had to go with only one seed node to meet the Christmas Day launch.

I do respect and very strongly agree with your cooperation with other coins. I am a proud member of the Sterlingcoin team and is where I learned most of what was needed to bring EGC to life. I am trying to resurrect Donationcoin from the grave. I aid SXC, EFL, CAM, SLK, DRKSLK to name a few, whenever possible. I am also quick to jump to the aid of any coin's community member asking for assistance. I do publicly evangelize crypto and it's public acceptance as owner of the NewsBTC USA franchise.  I do view crypto as a whole not a group of individual sects. I may be known to some of you as CryptoCanary here and on other forums.

I am personally honored to have yours and granite's help and endorsement of EGC, chrysophylax. I am presently working on EGC v1.1 which, is only cosmetic changes and improvements to the qt. Nothing in respect to the daemon code. I do plan to have that complete very early this coming week. I can hard code your seed nodes in if we agree, which, I do believe we do. Yes we can and will donate.

And brother, "ive worked too damn hard and long for that to happen" needs no explanation to me.

Thank you for your support of EverGreenCoin.

awesome ...

it seems we have the very same mentality with the crypto community at large ...

its all about giving and helping and doing what we can so it stays solid - and away from the scum devs ( errr scam devs i meant Wink ) that do all this to benefit themselves and ruin community trust - as well as ripping the community off in the process ...

looking forward to the next release - and ill start on the nodes alongside granite and the granite ecosystem on monday ...

donations or not - they will be setup ... three permanent nodes - with the dns addresses stated earlier ...

lets have a chat about the other coins you are looking at also as well as evergreencoin  - im on skype and irc as well as here and email all found here - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=718939 ...

#crysx

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 211 »
  Print  

Jump to: