Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:45:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 211 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][EGC] EverGreenCoin | Environmental Green Causes | Full 7% PoS | Foundation  (Read 284480 times)
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1192

EverGreenCoin® (EGC) EverGreenCoin.org

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2016, 11:05:05 AM

Hi,

We've added EGC to the miners multipool: www.zpool.ca

Cheers!

Thank you. Added to op.

Cheers! Smiley

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
makemake

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 03:29:46 PM

So, Clayford's Raspberry Pi wallet works on Ubuntu, which only works on Raspberry Pi 2.

I have a raspberry Pi B+, this won't run Ubuntu, and I did the compile in Raspbian.

The error I'm getting seems to be related to the Raspbian font pack (droid sans serif)

So, if anyone has the NOOBS sdcard, please try to get it working in raspbian so we can run it on the lower end Pi's, like the Raspberry Pi Zero, 1, B and B+

I'll help where I can, but I'm gonna see if I can run it in arch linux or fedora, as they might have the necessary dependencies.

I have a pi b+ too. I'm very insterested about a wallet into the pi. if I can help I could fill in the version for the b +, by the instructions of pi wallet. but I not assure you that it works 100%. if someone already has the wallet ready for the most b + I am available for beta testing. soon I will have the pi 2 for testing.

What we need you to do is compile it and get it running.

Here is a tip:
-Add the jessie repo to your sources.list file (It needs both wheezy and jessie repo's
-install the qt dev library
-Make sure you are running the LXDM display manager, I had problems with this
-Learn how to make symbolic links to libraries in the /lib folder. Many of the libraries, especially the Berkeley database, require a newer edition to what's available from the repo, you will need to create links to the older libraries when it asks for them.

Ask clay and Evergreencoin if you need any images to work with. Clay has it working on the Pi 2.

i have an image of debian jessie lite, do you think does the wallet of this version or should I start from debian wheezy?
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2016, 11:06:29 PM

Hi,

Cheers!

Thank you. Added to op.

Cheers! Smiley

Because it has been questioned in the IRC, I would like to clarify. You can get paid in EGC for mining any of the supported algos. Which includes basically all of them, including sha 256. So dust off your bitcoin asics and scrypt asics and earn some EGC. Just use your EGC address as the worker name. http://www.zpool.ca/

crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2016, 11:08:59 PM

Hi,

Cheers!

Thank you. Added to op.

Cheers! Smiley

Because it has been questioned in the IRC, I would like to clarify. You can get paid in EGC for mining any of the supported algos. Which includes basically all of them, including sha 265. So dust off your bitcoin asics and scrypt asics and earn some EGC. Just use your EGC address as the worker name. http://www.zpool.ca/

That is right! Just keep in mind the note on our main page. We only pay out what the pool mines. So if there are too many miners for EGC on other algo's we can fall behind trying to make payments. Fortunately, you can tell when this happens, as the coin will show up RED when there are more miners than we can pay. If that happens, just switch back to another currency until the coin is no longer listed as RED.

Cheers!

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
clayford08

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 11:25:35 PM

Hey guys,

As the EGC marketing director, I'd like to know if there are any new and different ways we could potentially promote our community. Remember, this is not just about cryptocurrencies. It's also about helping find solutions for ending deforestation and funding environmentally friendly mining projects. Obviously, as we grow and expand these projects that we take on can have better financial backing. My question is this; How would you want to see our community promoted and where?

A platform where one can buy shares in environmentally responsible and renewable projects. So we can place our staking egc into a project and get paid back as investors, or at least beneficiaries of the projects. For example, a windfarm which sells power to a community, where shareholders are paid dividends of the profit. Or a WVO biodiesel plant.

That's a great business strategy idea and one that we've tossed around a little bit. What I'm looking for is ideas for promotion of the coin itself. How do we get our name out there? What age groups have we not reached? What age groups should we be advertising to? Things like that. How can we spread the word about our project?

EverGreenCoin (EGC) - promote and support Environmental Green Causes. http://evergreencoin.org
dez82

Activity: 123
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 04:28:36 AM

Hey guys,

As the EGC marketing director, I'd like to know if there are any new and different ways we could potentially promote our community. Remember, this is not just about cryptocurrencies. It's also about helping find solutions for ending deforestation and funding environmentally friendly mining projects. Obviously, as we grow and expand these projects that we take on can have better financial backing. My question is this; How would you want to see our community promoted and where?

A platform where one can buy shares in environmentally responsible and renewable projects. So we can place our staking egc into a project and get paid back as investors, or at least beneficiaries of the projects. For example, a windfarm which sells power to a community, where shareholders are paid dividends of the profit. Or a WVO biodiesel plant.

That's a great business strategy idea and one that we've tossed around a little bit. What I'm looking for is ideas for promotion of the coin itself. How do we get our name out there? What age groups have we not reached? What age groups should we be advertising to? Things like that. How can we spread the word about our project?

Well, basically there needs to be a reason for people to have it. In all honesty, renewable projects, while being a good idea, aren't overly sexy. So in order to make it attractive, it needs to be usable. Think of how this has been done in the past.

-I heard about bitcoin when I heard about the Silk Road. But it was first used to buy pizza.
-Dogecoin was made popular through silliness, then Nascar.
-Darkcoin/DASH was popular because you could buy guns with it without being caught.

EGC needs something that sets it apart, with a renewable/green angle.

For example, I always want to buy plants and seeds as I'm a keen vegetable gardner. If there was a seed or botany website I could spend EGC at, I would.
A web based head shop/dispensary/health shop would be a good place to spend EGC.

An organic products shop which sells FDA approved products like http://www.heavensentgourmet.co.nz/ and products like http://www.ecopaper.com/ would be cool, especially if discounts were given for spending EGC instead of paypal.

Those are some ideas.

EverGreenCoin faucet! Get some free EverGreenCoin!

http://Coin-Faucet.com/EGC/?r=384
dez82

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 04:29:37 AM

Hi,

Cheers!

Thank you. Added to op.

Cheers! Smiley

Because it has been questioned in the IRC, I would like to clarify. You can get paid in EGC for mining any of the supported algos. Which includes basically all of them, including sha 265. So dust off your bitcoin asics and scrypt asics and earn some EGC. Just use your EGC address as the worker name. http://www.zpool.ca/

That is right! Just keep in mind the note on our main page. We only pay out what the pool mines. So if there are too many miners for EGC on other algo's we can fall behind trying to make payments. Fortunately, you can tell when this happens, as the coin will show up RED when there are more miners than we can pay. If that happens, just switch back to another currency until the coin is no longer listed as RED.

Cheers!

Love  that I can mine NeoScrypt to get EGC

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2016, 01:50:14 PM

Hey guys,

Well, basically there needs to be a reason for people to have it. In all honesty, renewable projects, while being a good idea, aren't overly sexy. So in order to make it attractive, it needs to be usable. Think of how this has been done in the past.

-I heard about bitcoin when I heard about the Silk Road. But it was first used to buy pizza.
-Darkcoin/DASH was popular because you could buy guns with it without being caught.

For example, I always want to buy plants and seeds as I'm a keen vegetable gardner. If there was a seed or botany website I could spend EGC at, I would.
A web based head shop/dispensary/health shop would be a good place to spend EGC.

An organic products shop which sells FDA approved products like http://www.heavensentgourmet.co.nz/ and products like http://www.ecopaper.com/ would be cool, especially if discounts were given for spending EGC instead of paypal.

Those are some ideas.

With regard to sexy, while any currency can be used in illegal transactions, that is not the image we want to make for EGC. Nor silliness. Of course, no coin can be the original pioneer BTC was, but I am sure someone will buy you a pizza in exchange for enough EGC.

Your points are very valid dez82, yes it does need use. Sadly, environmental/renewable does not spark attraction, as it should. Perhaps it could be presented in a way that does.

I share your interest in agriculture, for I live on a farm. For websites to accept, we need a payment processing gateway to accept. I had previously submitted EGC for review at coinpayments.net but, this was prior to being on bittrex. Also, our market cap was almost non-existent when EGC was originally presented. Perhaps them knowing we are on bittrex and gaining market cap will help get us added. Please retweet this: https://twitter.com/SaxtonSteven/status/690519399585968129?s=03

Discounts would need be negotiated with the merchants after accepting EGC became a possibility.

Thank you for you valid points and input dez82.

dez82

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 10:43:30 PM

Hey guys,

Those are some ideas.

With regard to sexy, while any currency can be used in illegal transactions, that is not the image we want to make for EGC. Nor silliness. Of course, no coin can be the original pioneer BTC was, but I am sure someone will buy you a pizza in exchange for enough EGC.

Your points are very valid dez82, yes it does need use. Sadly, environmental/renewable does not spark attraction, as it should. Perhaps it could be presented in a way that does.

I share your interest in agriculture, for I live on a farm. For websites to accept, we need a payment processing gateway to accept. I had previously submitted EGC for review at coinpayments.net but, this was prior to being on bittrex. Also, our market cap was almost non-existent when EGC was originally presented. Perhaps them knowing we are on bittrex and gaining market cap will help get us added. Please retweet this: https://twitter.com/SaxtonSteven/status/690519399585968129?s=03

Discounts would need be negotiated with the merchants after accepting EGC became a possibility.

Well, as you don't have the resources to devote to market testing, go ahead and build the market.

You live on a farm, does it produce goods which can be exported?(Bottled, preserved goods)
If so, and if the EGC shares the vision, then it will be no problem getting sellers on the market. It could be run like the silk road, with an escrow system and the house taking a fee on each sale, in EGC. Openbazaar may serve as a platform to run it on https://github.com/openbazaar.

Honestly though, the feeling I get about this community, while there are many great ideas and minds here, is that the motivation isn't there to do anything other than make coins and get them on exchanges. The mobile staking idea, while kind of cool, isn't doing anything outside of making more coins.
If nobody is prepared to take a risk on a project, then this coin will be worth exactly what it can be spent on, nothing.

I don't want to be negative, but I've now seen ideas being put up, including my own, and people spend more time coming up with reasons for them not to work, instead of coming up with something better. It's a very human trait to say "If I can't see it working in my head, I'm not going to pursue it."

So, I'll be excited to see if the EGC currency is used for anything, but I don't think it will.

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2016, 12:23:58 AM

Hey guys,

Those are some ideas.

Well, as you don't have the resources to devote to market testing, go ahead and build the market.

You live on a farm, does it produce goods which can be exported?(Bottled, preserved goods)
If so, and if the EGC shares the vision, then it will be no problem getting sellers on the market. It could be run like the silk road, with an escrow system and the house taking a fee on each sale, in EGC. Openbazaar may serve as a platform to run it on https://github.com/openbazaar.

Honestly though, the feeling I get about this community, while there are many great ideas and minds here, is that the motivation isn't there to do anything other than make coins and get them on exchanges. The mobile staking idea, while kind of cool, isn't doing anything outside of making more coins.
If nobody is prepared to take a risk on a project, then this coin will be worth exactly what it can be spent on, nothing.

I don't want to be negative, but I've now seen ideas being put up, including my own, and people spend more time coming up with reasons for them not to work, instead of coming up with something better. It's a very human trait to say "If I can't see it working in my head, I'm not going to pursue it."

So, I'll be excited to see if the EGC currency is used for anything, but I don't think it will.

I grow soybeans and corn that are exported globally but, no I do not package anything. I raise cattle and poultry. I sell various produce at local farmer's markets, and yes, accept and discount for crypto purchases. My own farm does not produce what might be a good candidate for what you are speaking of. However; I do personally know several farms that are setup in this business model, do ship internationally, accept crypto, and are waiting for EGC to be added to a payment processing gateway so they can. PexPeppers for example. I helped them get setup for accepting crypto long ago and they are eagerly waiting for their first EGC order. So, contrary to your prediction, it will be used. But honestly, I only mentioned agriculture to establish our common ground dez.

Yes, a stronger focus had been placed on getting us on a more trusted exchange. Because the vote deemed that focus. Also, the exchange is necessary for payment processing gateways. Which, is necessary for a large majority of merchants by the way. Other merchants that need person-to-person transfers are actively being addressed as well, as we work on the Android wallet, either in-house or out. Do you see how it all plays together? Please understand we are making strides on many fronts and, doing quite well on all, I might add. None of which work without 'the coin' so yes, we must give paramount focus to it and it's network always.

I was not saying any idea would not work, sorry if I conveyed that unintentionally in any way. Nor have I seen anyone else batting down someone else's ideas. In fact, I see people pulling together and trying to help with the ideas that are brought forth. Sure, there will be debating over the best ways for these ideas. I was just looking for you in the IRC to test something that another pi user has encountered. I will message you that information. If you still chose to assist, thank you in advance. No need to apologize for your negativity, for some of us it is just welcome fuel.

Happy National Hot Sauce Day! Smiley

clayford08

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 01:27:31 AM

Hey guys,

Those are some ideas.

I grow soybeans and corn that are exported globally but, no I do not package anything. I raise cattle and poultry. I sell various produce at local farmer's markets, and yes, accept and discount for crypto purchases. My own farm does not produce what might be a good candidate for what you are speaking of. However; I do personally know several farms that are setup in this business model, do ship internationally, accept crypto, and are waiting for EGC to be added to a payment processing gateway so they can. PexPeppers for example. I helped them get setup for accepting crypto long ago and they are eagerly waiting for their first EGC order. So, contrary to your prediction, it will be used. But honestly, I only mentioned agriculture to establish our common ground dez.

Yes, a stronger focus had been placed on getting us on a more trusted exchange. Because the vote deemed that focus. Also, the exchange is necessary for payment processing gateways. Which, is necessary for a large majority of merchants by the way. Other merchants that need person-to-person transfers are actively being addressed as well, as we work on the Android wallet, either in-house or out. Do you see how it all plays together? Please understand we are making strides on many fronts and, doing quite well on all, I might add. None of which work without 'the coin' so yes, we must give paramount focus to it and it's network always.

I was not saying any idea would not work, sorry if I conveyed that unintentionally in any way. Nor have I seen anyone else batting down someone else's ideas. In fact, I see people pulling together and trying to help with the ideas that are brought forth. Sure, there will be debating over the best ways for these ideas. I was just looking for you in the IRC to test something that another pi user has encountered. I will message you that information. If you still chose to assist, thank you in advance. No need to apologize for your negativity, for some of us it is just welcome fuel.

Also, keep in mind, it took bitcoin two years before it was "mainstream". It's still not accepted in most places. This technology is still in its infancy. Stick with us, Dez.

EverGreenCoin (EGC) - promote and support Environmental Green Causes. http://evergreencoin.org
dez82

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 02:39:15 AM

Hey guys,

Those are some ideas.

Also, keep in mind, it took bitcoin two years before it was "mainstream". It's still not accepted in most places. This technology is still in its infancy. Stick with us, Dez.

Good, so you guys are serious then.

So lets look into getting things off the ground.

Let's put together a plan, get a few ideas together and set up a roadmap for getting this currency going.

I don't for a second believe that this can't be done, as long as the community is prepared to get behind it, with a fire in it's belly and actually put some initiatives in place to make EGC the next global ECO-Currency.

And yes, I was trying to get a reaction. It seems to have worked. Are we going to do something to boost renewable projects or not?!!

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2016, 04:32:53 AM

Yes, of course we are. Welcome aboard in doing so.  Smiley

maxamus

Activity: 833
Merit: 267

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 09:43:46 AM

Hey guys,

Those are some ideas.

Good, so you guys are serious then.

So lets look into getting things off the ground.

Let's put together a plan, get a few ideas together and set up a roadmap for getting this currency going.

I don't for a second believe that this can't be done, as long as the community is prepared to get behind it, with a fire in it's belly and actually put some initiatives in place to make EGC the next global ECO-Currency.

And yes, I was trying to get a reaction. It seems to have worked. Are we going to do something to boost renewable projects or not?!!

Hi dez82 and I am glad that you are interested in boosting renewable projects.
As you might know, I have partenered with Evergreencoin with my RenewableEnergy.London project and  one of the projects that are working on is to embed the renewable certificates on the Evergreencoin blockchain. This way you can trade the green certificate using EGC as a currency. Fast, green and easy. The energy sector has a vast market and EGC & renewableenergy.london  can eliminate high energy bills and the cool part is that you can be paid in EGC for the green energy you produce. I am still working on the smart meter that will embed all these features, and once released, along with the solar EGC node/wallet, we will create the market, as you said:)

Updates to follow. Stay tuned:)

Gabi

Am I spamming? Report me!
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2016, 12:38:36 PM

I see coinpayments.net retweeted my tweet this morning. Perhaps that is a good sign that they are considering adding EGC to the vote.

chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2016, 12:54:40 PM

I see coinpayments.net retweeted my tweet this morning. Perhaps that is a good sign that they are considering adding EGC to the vote.

just followed you right then also - you handsome devil you ...

Tongue ...

#crysx

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2016, 01:00:24 PM

Tongue ...

#crysx

LOL Thanks. I hope coinpayments.net thinks so also. Wink

chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2016, 01:03:33 PM

Tongue ...

#crysx

LOL Thanks. I hope coinpayments.net thinks so also. Wink

hehehe ... cant see why not mate ...

though its all dependent on what they have on at the time - i guess ...

#crysx

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2016, 03:35:53 PM

Hi,

Cheers!

Thank you. Added to op.

Cheers! Smiley

Cheers!

FYI: Be sure to use "c=EGC" as your worker password. I did not receive payment until I added this.

dez82

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 08:57:35 PM

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 211 »
  Print  

Jump to: