Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 09:28:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 ... 211 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][EGC] EverGreenCoin | Environmental Green Causes | Full 7% PoS | Foundation  (Read 284475 times)
bitdragon2016

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 01:03:49 PM

I added evergreen.conf and it is now beginning to download the blocks but it got stuck on the remaining block 5121 sometimes it reduced to 2092 blocks and back again to 5121 blocks over and over again.  Sad

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LeChuckDE

Activity: 420
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 01:07:02 PM

have you checked debug.log?
crysx

Activity: 364
Merit: 260

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2016, 01:47:07 PM

I added evergreen.conf and it is now beginning to download the blocks but it got stuck on the remaining block 5121 sometimes it reduced to 2092 blocks and back again to 5121 blocks over and over again.  Sad

if you have the latest wallet - the official seednodes are hardcoded into the wallet ...

the seednodes are all on the right chain - and have been servicing the network 'flat out' - and im still watching the seeds answering sync requests as i type this ...

if there are ANY nodes you need to add to the .conf file - make sure they are the official nodes ... as they are ALL on the right chain currently ...

the bootstrap does take a lot of time - and it is sometimes ( depending on how fast your internet connection maybe ) quicker or easier to just start the sync via the internet - and let it sync that way ...

if the wallet is getting stuck - make sure you are on the right chain by comparing the hash on the blocks that get posted here on occasion ...

a HUGE amount of work has been going on behind the scenes to get this all functioning again - and resyncing on the right chain will save everyone a great deal of time ...

the latest block on the seeds at the time of writing this post is below - with the hash below it ... compare it to that hash - and if its the saem - then you shouldnt be worried ... if its not the same hash on that block - then you are on the wrong chain and need to resync ...

Code:
evergreencoind getblockhash 422052
0fab838299d7fe49f723156ac81964551054caff3efc6ccb336d7ce40ef7e462

#crysx

ChainWorks Industries . grn - Ga2TFVPW3y2vd9vMdqLWfid9hf8RPSQV19 . exchange - https://bleutrade.com/exchange/GRN/BTC/ . email - crysx@gnxs.com .
frostminer

Activity: 742
Merit: 505

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2016, 02:17:47 PM

I added evergreen.conf and it is now beginning to download the blocks but it got stuck on the remaining block 5121 sometimes it reduced to 2092 blocks and back again to 5121 blocks over and over again.  Sad

if you have the latest wallet - the official seednodes are hardcoded into the wallet ...

the seednodes are all on the right chain - and have been servicing the network 'flat out' - and im still watching the seeds answering sync requests as i type this ...

if there are ANY nodes you need to add to the .conf file - make sure they are the official nodes ... as they are ALL on the right chain currently ...

the bootstrap does take a lot of time - and it is sometimes ( depending on how fast your internet connection maybe ) quicker or easier to just start the sync via the internet - and let it sync that way ...

if the wallet is getting stuck - make sure you are on the right chain by comparing the hash on the blocks that get posted here on occasion ...

a HUGE amount of work has been going on behind the scenes to get this all functioning again - and resyncing on the right chain will save everyone a great deal of time ...

the latest block on the seeds at the time of writing this post is below - with the hash below it ... compare it to that hash - and if its the saem - then you shouldnt be worried ... if its not the same hash on that block - then you are on the wrong chain and need to resync ...

Code:

#crysx

I was on the wrong fork too... everything seemed fine, syncing, staking and everyting. Until i checked your blockheight...

So my error was a manual ADDNODE

Renamed peers.dat  .. removed ALL ADDNODES from conf.
Restarted... now its synching fine.

I've probably lost all the staking for a cpl of days... but thats my fault imo.
I noticed when there was a problem, and i didnt not check well enough that i was on the right fork.
In addition its my fault to have used manual addnodes, and not stick with the hardcoded.

My view on lost mining/staking.

First, i see it as my responsibility to be with the right gear, software and settings and on the right blockchain.

Also mining needs to be monitored for problems and other occurances.
If you see ANY kind of problems with the blockchain, immediately STOP or slow way down.
Staking is supposed to be seen in a bigger and longer perspective.. and day or two off lost stake time should not be a problem for coins staked annualy.

What you should NEVER do:
*Rent more hash or gear to go on when there possible is a problem brewing.
*Start moving coins around from wallets, pools or exchanges.
*Fall in the traps of an exchange beeing out of sync.. by move coins to earn money on wrongly priced coins on a bad fork.

If you do any of those things.. I would not be surprised if you get some kind of problems or loss of coins.

Now. seeing my wallet beeing on the wrong chain and having problems with sync.. im deleting everything(really meaning making an "error" folder and moving everything in there) but WALLET.DAT , the exe file, the dll file and my conf.

Downloaded the bootstrap .. will report back how it went.

crysx

Activity: 364
Merit: 260

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2016, 02:34:24 PM

Code:

#crysx

I was on the wrong fork too... everything seemed fine, syncing, staking and everyting. Until i checked your blockheight...

Renamed peers.dat  .. removed ALL ADDNODES from conf.

I noticed when there was a problem, and i didnt not check well enough that i was on the right fork.
In addition its my fault to have used manual addnodes, and not stick with the hardcoded.

First, i see it as my responsibility to be with the right gear, software and settings and on the right blockchain.

If you see ANY kind of problems with the blockchain, immediately STOP or slow way down.
Staking is supposed to be seen in a bigger and longer perspective.. and day or two off lost stake time should not be a problem for coins staked annualy.

*Fall in the traps of an exchange beeing out of sync.. by move coins to earn money on wrongly priced coins on a bad fork.

If you do any of those things.. I would not be surprised if you get some kind of problems or loss of coins.

Now. seeing my wallet beeing on the wrong chain and having problems with sync.. im deleting everything(really meaning making an "error" folder and moving everything in there) but WALLET.DAT , the exe file, the dll file and my conf.

well put ...

your points are well described - and SHOULD be what everyone should do ... including the most seasoned miner ( including myself ) and trader ...

not everyone does unfortunately ...

but in this industry - everyone should take it on themselves to proceed at ANY level - with caution ... no matter what coin or project ...

always keep your eyes open - and ALWAYS adhere to the directions ( and advice ) of the dev and team ...

im glad you caught yours while its not too far off ... i can still see so many ips being rejected ( and subsequently banned ) from the seednodes - due to the incorrect requests of the wrong blockchain ...

this is not an exact science - and as such - should not be treated this way ... yes - people invest their time and money into this - but i have ALWAYS worked on the same principle and have shared it many many MANY times before ...

NEVER invest any more than you can AFFORD to LOSE ...

that goes for ANY of the projects - including bitcoin itself ...

in saying that - tireless work is bring done in the background to reduce the risk of loss and every effort is made to make these projects as viable as possible ... this doesnt always work - and so - that is the responsibility that one takes when entering this crypto arena ...

if you are here - and just starting out OR a veteran - you are taking the same risk ... difference is - the veteran accepts the risk and minimizes the risk to themselves ( mostly ) without blaming the dev for every decision the USER makes ... and of course - moves on and forward ...

there will be issues - there will be problems - there will be hindsightedness ... but always remember - no one twisted your arm to enter this crypto space and take the risks that we ALL are faced with - dev included ... unlike most coins and devs out there - there is no intention of leaving this behind - and the work shall continue ... come rain hail sleet or snow - we will face it ...

so be diligent with your wallets and coins - and be diligent with backups and safeguarding ...

#crysx

ChainWorks Industries . grn - Ga2TFVPW3y2vd9vMdqLWfid9hf8RPSQV19 . exchange - https://bleutrade.com/exchange/GRN/BTC/ . email - crysx@gnxs.com .
frostminer

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2016, 02:41:30 PM
Last edit: May 23, 2016, 02:58:22 PM by frostminer

Code:

#crysx

well put ...

your points are well described - and SHOULD be what everyone should do ... including the most seasoned miner ( including myself ) and trader ...

not everyone does unfortunately ...

but in this industry - everyone should take it on themselves to proceed at ANY level - with caution ... no matter what coin or project ...

always keep your eyes open - and ALWAYS adhere to the directions ( and advice ) of the dev and team ...

im glad you caught yours while its not too far off ... i can still see so many ips being rejected ( and subsequently banned ) from the seednodes - due to the incorrect requests of the wrong blockchain ...

this is not an exact science - and as such - should not be treated this way ... yes - people invest their time and money into this - but i have ALWAYS worked on the same principle and have shared it many many MANY times before ...

NEVER invest any more than you can AFFORD to LOSE ...

that goes for ANY of the projects - including bitcoin itself ...

in saying that - tireless work is bring done in the background to reduce the risk of loss and every effort is made to make these projects as viable as possible ... this doesnt always work - and so - that is the responsibility that one takes when entering this crypto arena ...

if you are here - and just starting out OR a veteran - you are taking the same risk ... difference is - the veteran accepts the risk and minimizes the risk to themselves ( mostly ) without blaming the dev for every decision the USER makes ... and of course - moves on and forward ...

there will be issues - there will be problems - there will be hindsightedness ... but always remember - no one twisted your arm to enter this crypto space and take the risks that we ALL are faced with - dev included ... unlike most coins and devs out there - there is no intention of leaving this behind - and the work shall continue ... come rain hail sleet or snow - we will face it ...

so be diligent with your wallets and coins - and be diligent with backups and safeguarding ...

#crysx

If btcforums had a like button.. id hit it on that post.

Its also about beeing a bit realistic.
When an error like this occurs... What do they want to happen? Dev cant turn back time..
Expecting a repay of lost coins from a dev when there is NO PREMINE, NO ICO is also unrealistic and unfair.

Especially in a    (edit  <--- Reading back on the post now i have NO IDEA what i were going to write here... lol)

abyaby123

Activity: 203

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 02:53:02 PM
Last edit: May 23, 2016, 03:03:21 PM by abyaby123

All the seednodes are now verified on the correct and same chain. You will be able to resync properly now. Please clear your chain and resync. It is important the entire network does get on the same blockchain.

If you are unsure on how to do this, follow these steps:

1 Close your EverGreenCoin wallet.

2 Navigate to your data directory in a file manager program (i.e. Windows Explorer).....
On Windows the data directory can be found at C:\Users\YOUR USERNAME HERE\AppData\Roaming\EverGreenCoin\
On Mac OS X the data directory can be found at /Users/YOUR USERNAME HERE/Library/Application Support/EverGreenCoin/
On Linux the data directory can be found at ~/.evergreencoin/ or otherwise stated, /home/YOUR USERNAME HERE/.evergreencoin

3 Delete everything BESIDES your wallet.dat file and your evergreencoin.conf file IF you have and need an evergreencoin.conf. If you do have an evergreencoin.conf file please remove any addnodes you may have previously added and only use these, now verified to be on the correct chain, nodes:

Code:
addnode=seed.evergreencoin.org
addnode=transactions.evergreencoin.org
addnode=egc-seed1.granitecoin.com
addnode=egc-seed2.granitecoin.com
addnode=egc-seed3.granitecoin.com
addnode=egc-seed4.granitecoin.com
addnode=egc-seed5.granitecoin.com

If you are running version 1.1.2 you do not need an evergreencoin.conf file because seednodes are programmed into the wallet. Your wallet knows to look for them already. If you have yet to upgrade to version 1.1.2, now would be a good time to do so and I do recommend you upgrade.

4 (optional) Download the bootstrap.zip file from http://evergreencoin.org/bootstrap.zip and extract the compressed bootstrap.dat file into this same mentioned data directory. This will bring you up to block 418815 faster than having to download the entire blockchain.

5 Launch the wallet. Do not be alarmed if it sits at the splash screen for a long time. If you opted to bootstrap, it will be importing the bootstrap. Even if you did not download the bootstrap file and wish to sync over the network, it may seem unresponsive for several minutes while it finds nodes. Be patient, allow it to run its course, and do not ctrl-alt-del kill it thinking it has froze.

I do again apologize for this inconvenience. I thank you in advance for taking the time to resync. It is important for the entire network to be on the same chain. I will be available should you have any question or issue so please do not hesitate to PM me, post here, or come to the IRC.

Did it like you said and now I am full sync but about 23k EGC missing in my wallet...

Edit: Could fix it with other wallet.dat
Blockexplorer not working at the moment
TimC
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1022

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 02:54:16 PM

Did it like you said and now I am full sync but about 23k EGC missing in my wallet...

open the console and type 'repairwallet'
LeChuckDE

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 03:13:01 PM

Code:

#crysx

i didn't add any node by conf-file before.
Working with Version 1.1.2 since starting in EGC.
But I also mining at wrong fork for serval days...
think this isn't my fault.
the mentioned loss of BTC was from 17 - 21.05 before EGC announced there is a problem with chain
Code:
EDIT: Acctually correct Blockhash of Block 422223 :
000000007892ad4d8e1269d4da51da18e2a342a91f2a83482f405b2f1f6b8e23
frostminer

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2016, 03:46:52 PM

*SNIP*

Code:

#crysx

*SNIP*

Update:

The wallet machine beeing a slow bastard... it took a while with a white splashscreen window. Even tho it looks hung, it isnt. So i just forgot about..
I think it took about 30 minutes, which is way less than the half day synching the chain takes.

After importing the wallet started synching about 2k blocks.

Synching done, about 29K EGC missing.

Started console : repairwallet
Popup saying about 29k recovered.

Now all looks fine and dandy again.

bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1050

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 03:56:13 PM

The block explorer seems to be down.

Not your keys, not your coins!
capn

Activity: 236

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 04:23:01 PM

All exchanges and pools have been notified. Of course I will make it known here when services are brought on the correct chain and are back online.

All seednodes are functioning perfectly and are extremely busy with traffic from people resyncing. Thank you all for doing so!

I requested a EGC withdrawal from bittrex to yobit 1 day ago :

txid: c70d2899b47262b25e09ed250f6ccc54b2da53d4fb031f464b3b371ba9d53ab8
to address: EQxUseMxtxkwAGBYkJpvXLKUpoCvvMpa1k

The problem is that it didn't arrive.

Hi faza,

I do understand your disappointment and frustration of the transaction not being completed. As I am sure you now realize, this was a direct result of the forks that surfaced around the EGC network. I have personally notified all exchanges, including the two involved in your attempted transaction, of the now in effect resolution.

Myself and other community members contacted exchanges to freeze wallets as soon as forks had become obvious. I know Bittrex quickly acted and placed their EGC wallet in maintenance however, yobit has not been so quick. Unfortunately, neither was done before you tried your transaction.

The best course of action is to get bittrex on, if they are not on, the correct chain. I contacted Bill and Richie of Bittrex to let them know the EGC seednodes were on the correct fork and they could resync about many hours ago. We need to give them ample time to do so. They will also audit their internal records. If discrepancies are found, they may ask for coins to reconcile accounts. In this unfortunate event the EGC Foundation is prepared to provide the coins. Likewise, if the affected coins can not be recovered, the foundation would make every effort to replace the coins providing sufficient evidence.

The current phase of these actions is to give the exchanges time to get on the correct chain and uncover any discrepancy that may exist. I do apologize for this inconvenience. Please PM me if you feel you need your EGC from this failed transaction urgently.

Thanks for reply

If i contact yobit im afraid yobit freeze or banned my account

Im has been contact bittrex via email but not response

I have been in contact with Richie of Bittrex. He is aware of the situation and Bittrex's staff is working on it. I have no more specific details at this time but of course I will make the community aware as soon as I know more from Bittrex.

Also, Cryptopia has been in contact with me. They are currently resyncing. They will begin internal audits after they have synced fully. I will report any information that is given to me by Cryptopia staff.

Thank you all for your continued patience.

Have you heard from C-CEX? I have a withdrawal from a few days ago that I haven't heard anything back from support about yet.

DCCDistributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
LeChuckDE

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 06:44:58 PM

*SNIP*

Code:

#crysx

*SNIP*

Update:

The wallet machine beeing a slow bastard... it took a while with a white splashscreen window. Even tho it looks hung, it isnt. So i just forgot about..
I think it took about 30 minutes, which is way less than the half day synching the chain takes.

After importing the wallet started synching about 2k blocks.

Synching done, about 29K EGC missing.

Started console : repairwallet
Popup saying about 29k recovered.

Now all looks fine and dandy again.

not working 4 me
uberpatzer

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

Soon we will all be dead

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 07:45:09 PM

wallet won't sync. should i start to worry? Embarrassed

twitter: @uberpatzer  --Soon we will all be dead--
frostminer

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2016, 08:41:23 PM

Ive been doing a little testing.

POOLS:
All pools are closed or stopped with a message of fork, except suprnova.
According to the stats on suprnova it seems to be on the right chain, but the pool is unconnectable.

EXCHANGES:

YOBIT:
Had maintainance earlier, now done.
Tested sending some from yobit to local wallet.  Test ok. (and fast.. there is about 150mh/s mining and the diff is very low 1.6)

BITTREX:
Wallet status: Maintenance

C-CEX:
Wallet status: Maintenance.

Cryptopia:
Wallet status: Maintenance.

Kazadar

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 08:49:28 PM

wallet won't sync. should i start to worry? Embarrassed

Follow these instructions and it should fix it.

All the seednodes are now verified on the correct and same chain. You will be able to resync properly now. Please clear your chain and resync. It is important the entire network does get on the same blockchain.

If you are unsure on how to do this, follow these steps:

1 Close your EverGreenCoin wallet.

2 Navigate to your data directory in a file manager program (i.e. Windows Explorer).....
On Windows the data directory can be found at C:\Users\YOUR USERNAME HERE\AppData\Roaming\EverGreenCoin\
On Mac OS X the data directory can be found at /Users/YOUR USERNAME HERE/Library/Application Support/EverGreenCoin/
On Linux the data directory can be found at ~/.evergreencoin/ or otherwise stated, /home/YOUR USERNAME HERE/.evergreencoin

3 Delete everything BESIDES your wallet.dat file and your evergreencoin.conf file IF you have and need an evergreencoin.conf. If you do have an evergreencoin.conf file please remove any addnodes you may have previously added and only use these, now verified to be on the correct chain, nodes:

Code:
addnode=seed.evergreencoin.org
addnode=transactions.evergreencoin.org
addnode=egc-seed1.granitecoin.com
addnode=egc-seed2.granitecoin.com
addnode=egc-seed3.granitecoin.com
addnode=egc-seed4.granitecoin.com
addnode=egc-seed5.granitecoin.com

If you are running version 1.1.2 you do not need an evergreencoin.conf file because seednodes are programmed into the wallet. Your wallet knows to look for them already. If you have yet to upgrade to version 1.1.2, now would be a good time to do so and I do recommend you upgrade.

4 (optional) Download the bootstrap.zip file from http://evergreencoin.org/bootstrap.zip and extract the compressed bootstrap.dat file into this same mentioned data directory. This will bring you up to block 418815 faster than having to download the entire blockchain.

5 Launch the wallet. Do not be alarmed if it sits at the splash screen for a long time. If you opted to bootstrap, it will be importing the bootstrap. Even if you did not download the bootstrap file and wish to sync over the network, it may seem unresponsive for several minutes while it finds nodes. Be patient, allow it to run its course, and do not ctrl-alt-del kill it thinking it has froze.

I do again apologize for this inconvenience. I thank you in advance for taking the time to resync. It is important for the entire network to be on the same chain. I will be available should you have any question or issue so please do not hesitate to PM me, post here, or come to the IRC.

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1192

EverGreenCoin® (EGC) EverGreenCoin.org

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2016, 08:50:30 PM

The block explorer seems to be down.

It is back online. Sorry for the outage.

http://transactions.evergreencoin.org

uberpatzer

Soon we will all be dead

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 09:17:41 PM

fixed my wallet sync, tried to transfer some egc to yobit but did not arrive... took forever to process on the chain as well. weird.....

frostminer

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2016, 09:24:44 PM

Another tip is:

If you're not a pro.. when modifying wallet files. Instead of DELETING, move them to a seperate folder.

IF you fuck up.. you still have the backup.

uberpatzer

Soon we will all be dead

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 09:27:13 PM

My transaction to Yobit is logged in the blockchain. Still does not show up on my Yobit account. Seems no other conclusion then Yobit stealing my coins? Whats going on here?

Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 ... 211 »
  Print  

Jump to: