Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:15:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... 211 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][EGC] EverGreenCoin | Environmental Green Causes | Full 7% PoS | Foundation  (Read 284480 times)
LeChuckDE

Activity: 420
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 11, 2016, 12:54:42 PM

Hey Evergreencoin community!

I almost never post, but i just want to compliment the incredible proffesional attitude of the dev.
I have seen so many coins go down by poorly handling problems, it's very refreshing to see a community live through it!

I've been a long time holder from the start and i'm positive this coin with community has great potential.
The buying pressure on Bittrex is looking great, also a nice buy wall around 290 sat. I think it's a great time to buy! I accumulated to 250k and i will hold for sure at these prices.
Hopefully we get back to a more realistic price range soon.

Keep up the good work dev!

nice when the dev gives himself compliments due new accounts ...

shitty scamcoin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Crypto*Digger

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Entrepreneur and blockchain enthusiast

View Profile
June 11, 2016, 02:05:59 PM

Isnt POW supposed to end at some point?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★  E S P E R S  ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
░▒▓▓▓▓    S E C U R E - E M A I L  ★  S I T E S - O N - B L O C K C H A I N  ★  P R O O F - O F - R E L I A B I L I T Y    ▓▓▓▓▒░
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     ★    ANN   |  CRYPTOCODERZ   |  TWITTER   |  FACEBOOK   |  EMAIL   |  EXPLORER     ★     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Gizfreak
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

Allergic to false promises

View Profile
June 11, 2016, 02:11:02 PM
Last edit: June 11, 2016, 02:29:40 PM by Gizfreak

PoW ends at block 525960 according to the stats tab at the wallet.

Accumulating nicely at Bittrex btw  Grin
q6677960canwo7735@163.c

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 11, 2016, 02:57:01 PM

reserved
Kazadar

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 11, 2016, 03:15:17 PM

According to the original plan PoW is supposed to last for about 6 months. With launch on the 25th of December iirc then pow will end about the 25th this month.

Gizfreak
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2016, 05:54:11 PM

Just some brainstorming, but what if Evergreen had an online shop for solar and renewable energy related stuff.
Paying with EGC would give you some reward like eg. a reduced price.
It isn't that hard to accomplish (thinking of dropshipping) and it would give EGC a real world usage.
What do you think about it?
grumpytiger211

Activity: 213

View Profile
June 11, 2016, 06:53:35 PM

Just some brainstorming, but what if Evergreen had an online shop for solar and renewable energy related stuff.
It isn't that hard to accomplish (thinking of dropshipping) and it would give EGC a real world usage.

being in the online sales business for some years i would say thats a great idea. but dont we have to establish a payment gateway first?

Gizfreak
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2016, 07:17:27 PM

being in the online sales business for some years i would say thats a great idea. but dont we have to establish a payment gateway first?
If we gonna take this serious, we could try to be accepted as a coin at eg. https://www.coinpayments.net and I think that that isn't so hard to establish.
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1192

EverGreenCoin® (EGC) EverGreenCoin.org

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2016, 07:55:05 PM

According to the original plan PoW is supposed to last for about 6 months. With launch on the 25th of December iirc then pow will end about the 25th this month.

Using the past 24 hours as a baseline, EGC is doing 2790 blocks per 24 hours according to my latest sample. Yes PoW ends at 525960. We are at ~473700 now, so 52260 remain in PoW. This works out to 18.7 days if the 2790 per day holds true. That would place the current projection for PoW to end on about the 30th of this month as of now if all variables remain constant.

PoS blocks make this not an exact projection and more of an estimation. Fewer people staking results in fewer PoS blocks. More people staking results in more PoS blocks. For this projection to drift only 5 days over a 6 month period is understandable. I used 2880 as the projected number of blocks to come up with the 6 month estimate, allowing for 1 PoS block and 1 PoW block every minute on average. It looks like we will be just shy of that and stretch just past 6 months by a few days. Again, all variables remaining constant.

Kazadar

Activity: 658

View Profile
June 11, 2016, 08:38:02 PM

Thanks. So we got a few more days of mining

It will be interesting to see how the end of PoW will impact the price of the coin. Probably not that much until we get some way of spending them but we can always hope  Smiley

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2016, 09:14:33 PM

If we gonna take this serious, we could try to be accepted as a coin at eg. https://www.coinpayments.net and I think that that isn't so hard to establish.

We had tried via social media campaigns, and will try again in the near future, to convince coinpayments.net to look at accepting EverGreenCoin.

I do fear when and if coinpayments.net did their original assessment months ago, they looked at coinmarketcap which at the time was pulling information from the old broken block explorer making it appear as our market cap was much lower than it in fact was. Market cap is a big determining factor for coinpayments.net when they access new coins.

The hindrances that made correcting the old block explorer slow have been removed with the present block explorer and is the reason we had moved to a new block explorer months ago. Coinmarketcap does now pull information from this new and more diligently maintained block explorer. This will give coinpayments.net much more accurate information when accessing EverGreenCoin in the future.

The idea of accepting EGC for solar and renewable energy related merchandise is an awesome one. I have been in brief contact with many via social media, planting the seed of knowledge about EverGreenCoin with these types of merchants and companies. Some with very responsive results but again, at the time, I was only trying to raise awareness so later when we do have a payment gateway, I would not be approaching them as an unknown. As you may know Joe (grumpytiger) has also made contacts within the industry and again I thank him for doing so.

The dropshipping idea is a new angle I had not thought of specifically for EverGreenCoin. I thank you for bringing this up GizFreak and the link you mentioned. I have implemented, with the help of a team but largely on my shoulders, a similar idea for another coin (Sterlingcoin) and yes, it was accepting payments via coinpayments.net. Unfortunately that project ran into funding problems it has yet to completely recover from.

Thank you grumpytiger for offering you expertise in online sales also. I can see that being yet another invaluable resource to bring this plan to life. I think it may be wise for us to let the market recover some before approaching coinpayments.net again for reevaluation.

Thanks for all the teamwork gentleman! With more of that we can certainly make it so.

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2016, 09:42:31 PM

I almost never post, but i just want to compliment the incredible proffesional attitude of the dev.
I have seen so many coins go down by poorly handling problems, it's very refreshing to see a community live through it!

I've been a long time holder from the start and i'm positive this coin with community has great potential.
The buying pressure on Bittrex is looking great, also a nice buy wall around 290 sat. I think it's a great time to buy! I accumulated to 250k and i will hold for sure at these prices.

shitty scamcoin

No, I have no need for any sock puppet accounts. Anyone following this project knows I would not and need not resort to such tactics. The source of anything "shitty" in this thread is also as obvious.

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2016, 09:45:15 PM

Thank you for the kind words, investing in, and holding EverGreenCoin! Smiley

Gizfreak
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2016, 10:27:23 PM

No, I have no need for any sock puppet accounts. Anyone following this project knows I would not and need not resort to such tactics. The source of anything "shitty" in this thread is also as obvious.
Pffrt

Activity: 1372
Merit: 322

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 09:04:04 AM
Last edit: June 12, 2016, 09:31:07 AM by Pffrt

shitty scamcoin

Here is some proof anyway:
Camus

Activity: 826

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 09:35:39 AM

Any positive information of egc?
Praying for the next great coin, good luck everyone! Wink Wink
frostminer

Activity: 742
Merit: 505

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2016, 12:40:17 PM

Any positive information of egc?
Praying for the next great coin, good luck everyone! Wink Wink

Is there anything not positive?

PROS:
*No ico.
*No premine.
*Support foundation.
*Active active active devs.
*And devs not biting on drama sessions.
*Interesting roadmap
*Actual real life application plans
*Active community with tech and innovative things like EGC in a stratosphere balloon trip.

CONS:
*It had a forking issue. Im not sure if the source of this was discovered. But the problem was agressively attended and fixed.
(was hoping to find more for a balanced representation.. but didnt. "Price" maybe... but thats temporary.)

Watching this thread the last couple of weeks has been interesting.
Of all the coins i follow, i cant think of one with the same degree of support and active dev-side.
Most crews run at the first sign of problems.

Here we have seen them step up, and fix the issues.
Now POW phase is soon over too.
That means no more mining-dumps. And usually a much more steady price.

But id say the strongest side of EGC has revealed itself these weeks.
And its the EGCs dev-support crew that scores most points.

Seeing this, id feel much safer getting into EGC than those other coins you see the users asking "wheres the dev at??" without getting any info or help.

portdavenport

Activity: 166

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 02:38:40 AM

I have successfully deposited and withdrew EverGreenCoin from Bittrex. They are back on the correct blockchain.

I am now having issues resyncing wallet 1.2.1. for Windows (running W 8.1 64Bit)

Stuck on block 457283.

Do I need to completely download the blockchain again on version 1.2.1?
Any advice or recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Portdavenport Wink

Hi Portdavenport,

If you are stuck that far behind (current block height is 464768), I would say you have peered with wallets that are in an incorrect fork still. To correct from this, yes please do a complete resync. There is a bootstrap at block height 460949 (6th Jun 2016 12:41:29) that will expedite resyncing for you. But we want to be sure you do not peer with these same peers again. Follow these steps:

1, Close your EverGreenCoin wallet.
2, Navigate to %appdata%/EverGreenCoin within Windows Explorer. (otherwise stated, C:\Users\<Windows User>\AppData\Roaming\EverGreenCoin)
3, Delete everything in that folder except your wallet.dat file.
4, Download the bootstrap compressed archive.
5, Extract the bootstrap.dat from within the downloaded bootstrap.zip into that same folder you just deleted everything except your wallet.dat file.
6, Launch your EverGreenCoin v1.2.1 wallet.

Bootstrapping the blockchain will take about 2 hours, depending on your system. The splash screen will show this entire time. It has not frozen, do not ctrl-alt-del kill it. Allow it to run its course. If you are curious to see the how far it has progressed, you will notice a file called blk0001.dat in that data directory we have been working in. That file will be increasing in size steadily. When it reaches the same size as the bootstrap.dat file, bootstrapping is complete. Your EverGreenCoin wallet will appear now and get new peers from the seednodes and download the remaining 2 days of the blockchain.

I hope that helps Portdavenport. If you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to ask or state them.

Thank You EverGreenCoin for the support. I implemented the instructions above and everything appears to be working again on Windows wallet 1.2.1.

I've also successfully sent EGC between my wallet and Bittrex Exchange (www.bittrex.com) and back again.

www.evergreencoin.org
basket ball

Activity: 971

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 06:12:46 AM

OP sell your EGC, bitcoin to the moon Grin

....TRUEPLAY.io....♣ TRANSPARENT AND HONEST GAMBLING PLATFORM
PRE-SALE STARTS 15th APR, 2018
♠ 30% DISCOUNT
    SITE
ANN THREAD
WALLET
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2016, 07:32:52 AM

I have successfully deposited and withdrew EverGreenCoin from Bittrex. They are back on the correct blockchain.

I am now having issues resyncing wallet 1.2.1. for Windows (running W 8.1 64Bit)

Stuck on block 457283.

Do I need to completely download the blockchain again on version 1.2.1?
Any advice or recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Portdavenport Wink

Hi Portdavenport,

If you are stuck that far behind (current block height is 464768), I would say you have peered with wallets that are in an incorrect fork still. To correct from this, yes please do a complete resync. There is a bootstrap at block height 460949 (6th Jun 2016 12:41:29) that will expedite resyncing for you. But we want to be sure you do not peer with these same peers again. Follow these steps:

1, Close your EverGreenCoin wallet.
2, Navigate to %appdata%/EverGreenCoin within Windows Explorer. (otherwise stated, C:\Users\<Windows User>\AppData\Roaming\EverGreenCoin)
3, Delete everything in that folder except your wallet.dat file.
4, Download the bootstrap compressed archive.
5, Extract the bootstrap.dat from within the downloaded bootstrap.zip into that same folder you just deleted everything except your wallet.dat file.
6, Launch your EverGreenCoin v1.2.1 wallet.

Bootstrapping the blockchain will take about 2 hours, depending on your system. The splash screen will show this entire time. It has not frozen, do not ctrl-alt-del kill it. Allow it to run its course. If you are curious to see the how far it has progressed, you will notice a file called blk0001.dat in that data directory we have been working in. That file will be increasing in size steadily. When it reaches the same size as the bootstrap.dat file, bootstrapping is complete. Your EverGreenCoin wallet will appear now and get new peers from the seednodes and download the remaining 2 days of the blockchain.

I hope that helps Portdavenport. If you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to ask or state them.

Thank You EverGreenCoin for the support. I implemented the instructions above and everything appears to be working again on Windows wallet 1.2.1.

I've also successfully sent EGC between my wallet and Bittrex Exchange (www.bittrex.com) and back again.

www.evergreencoin.org

Glad to hear it and glad to be of assistance!

Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... 211 »
  Print  

Jump to: