Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:36:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 [117] 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 ... 211 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][EGC] EverGreenCoin | Environmental Green Causes | Full 7% PoS | Foundation  (Read 284480 times)
starmman
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 09:49:08 AM

Hi,

Just wondering if everybody on here has heard of and is using Ecosia as a search engine. I've been using it for a while now, it plants trees with around 80% of its profits, and has planted 4m so far. I've been using it for a couple of years now and it works really well for most searches (although I sometimes have to fall back on google). https://info.ecosia.org/what https://info.ecosia.org/

Sorry if the post is slightly off topic - I thought people on here might be interested.

Yeah, I have been discussing with them in January about a possible collaboration, however the crypto world is not included in their plans. At least not now.
Maybe, after we hit the $1 margin, they will take into consideration working with EGC:)
Who knows.

Lets see. I helped them out with a few things a couple of years ago, they might still remember me - once I get a bit more involved in this coin and know more about it - maybe I can help push from another front.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Take the red pill

Activity: 416
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 09:53:40 AM

how many confirmations before wallet sends EGC to Bittrex!?
Take the red pill

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 10:06:05 AM

after 29 confirmations in wallet I still have in Bittrex: You have no pending deposits
drofxafm

Activity: 121
Merit: 20

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 10:12:22 AM

IRC is too geeky, for most...
Forum is too complex, for most..

SLACK!

Its easy to use, and has handy functions.

IRC is easy http://webchat.freenode.net?channels=%23EverGreenCoin

Slack is basically IRC in a web page, but you need to find the right person to pester to join in. It might be great for companies or groups of developers, it's not so great for advertising a product/service (which I'd argue is part of what the chosen communication solutions should do). Where can I see what's happening and find out how active it is without having to join up?
frostminer

Activity: 742
Merit: 505

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2016, 10:13:48 AM

IRC is too geeky, for most...
Forum is too complex, for most..

SLACK!

Its easy to use, and has handy functions.

IRC is easy http://webchat.freenode.net?channels=%23EverGreenCoin

Slack is basically IRC in a web page, but you need to find the right person to pester to join in. It might be great for companies or groups of developers, it's not so great for advertising a product/service (which I'd argue is part of what the chosen communication solutions should do). Where can I see what's happening and find out how active it is without having to join up?

I know.
Im an old irc geek myself. But i know that not very inviting to "regular people".
Slack is a better hybrid of irc-forum like communication.

abyaby123

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 10:35:35 AM

after 29 confirmations in wallet I still have in Bittrex: You have no pending deposits

Normaly bittex really don't need long. I think they only got 2 confirmations that coins arrive. You are sure that you send on the right adress. Don't had any problems with bittrex.
Take the red pill

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 10:36:35 AM

Normaly bittex really don't need long. I think they only got 2 confirmations that coins arrive. You are sure that you send on the right adress. Don't had any problems with bittrex.

thx for answering. I got it after 34 confirmations.
frostminer

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2016, 11:40:44 AM

I start my day with a glass of water, some muesli, and at least 3-pieces of fruit Wink

i.e. an Apple, one or two Bananas / or a pear, and an orange/mandarin (sometimes some berries or dates).

I can't stress enough just how much this habit keeps me healthy!

Portdavenport Wink

and being heavily into fitness also - i do a very similar routine ...

though i have been lazy lately - its picking back up again ...

life is good ...

#crysx

Totally agree, Mate! I train a mix of Upper Body Weights, lower body Abs and back work for posture, combined with a 3.25km run and half km swim.

To do this, at least in my experience, eating McDonalds or taking Antibiotics is out of the question.

This is not food...

This is food...

What do you mean "not food"??

Sunday lunch:

Freshly ground entercote, with salsa and spices.

Organic locally grown cherry tomatoes, cucumber and onions.
Cheddar cheese Cheesy

<3
Organic burger!

Yeah, its my celebrate-EGC-sunday-burger.

major_coiner

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 12:41:44 PM

Yobit Wallet :
Deposit for such currency is temporary off.
Withdrawal is okay.

Yes, they have had it that way for a few days now. The only response I and others get to our tickets is, "the wallet is working.", which it is. But they are not understanding they have deposits still off. smh

Please submit a ticket to yobit if you would.

I just got another support ticket response from yobit. To which I responded.

No matter how hard I try. smh

Sorry, very frustrating sometimes. I hope I have explained clearly enough to yobit staff this time.

EGC withdraw is still off on Yobit, I wonder if they are in a different fork or if they are streching this "technical issue" on to stake people's coins themselves.
frostminer

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2016, 12:52:59 PM

Yobit Wallet :
Withdrawal is okay.

Yes, they have had it that way for a few days now. The only response I and others get to our tickets is, "the wallet is working.", which it is. But they are not understanding they have deposits still off. smh

Sorry, very frustrating sometimes. I hope I have explained clearly enough to yobit staff this time.

EGC withdraw is still off on Yobit, I wonder if they are in a different fork or if they are streching this "technical issue" on to stake people's coins themselves.

Considering they are on the right chain... id say they are trying to steal some staked EGC.

Would ANYONE be surprised yobit did that?

Kazadar

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 01:23:27 PM

EGC trade volume is now greater than ETH on Bittrex Grin

major_coiner

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 01:24:46 PM

Yobit Wallet :
Withdrawal is okay.

Considering they are on the right chain... id say they are trying to steal some staked EGC.

Would ANYONE be surprised yobit did that?

Yes, I wouldn't be surprised. I usually don't use Yobit for anything, but they had cheaper EGC yesterday and I bought there a few.
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1192

EverGreenCoin® (EGC) EverGreenCoin.org

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2016, 01:40:25 PM

Hi,

Just wondering if everybody on here has heard of and is using Ecosia as a search engine. I've been using it for a while now, it plants trees with around 80% of its profits, and has planted 4m so far. I've been using it for a couple of years now and it works really well for most searches (although I sometimes have to fall back on google). https://info.ecosia.org/what https://info.ecosia.org/

Sorry if the post is slightly off topic - I thought people on here might be interested.

Yeah, I have been discussing with them in January about a possible collaboration, however the crypto world is not included in their plans. At least not now.
Maybe, after we hit the $1 margin, they will take into consideration working with EGC:)
Who knows.

Lets see. I helped them out with a few things a couple of years ago, they might still remember me - once I get a bit more involved in this coin and know more about it - maybe I can help push from another front.

It would be amazing if you could help, starmman. Yes, as Gabi said, ecosia caught our attention early after launch.

It is very much on topic, no need to apologize. EGC would be very proud to be involved with ecosia.

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2016, 02:28:03 PM

there was a post earlier but i cant find it now but i love to garden fruits, vegetables, and flowers and wouldn't mind spending egc on them seeds if it was available.

I also share this passion, Joe. Watching fruits/veggies and field crops grow is amazingly intriguing to me. As cheesy as it may sound, it is like witnessing miracles everyday when I observe progress.

When we do get EGC accepted for seeds, I hope it's non-GMO seeds. That is, if our backwards government here in the states doesn't remove GMO labeling from seeds also.

Kazadar

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 02:38:47 PM

Hi,

Who knows.

It would be amazing if you could help, starmman. Yes, as Gabi said, ecosia caught our attention early after launch.

It is very much on topic, no need to apologize. EGC would be very proud to be involved with ecosia.
I do think the ecosia would be a great partner for EGC, but what would be the main benefits of collaboration?

It could give both parites some added exposure which is of course nice, but not really enough to be the main selling point imo.

So mainly just for my own curiosity, does anyone have any good arguments or ideas that would that could add value to both projects?

Gizfreak
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

Allergic to false promises

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 02:38:58 PM

EGC at CryptoCompare
https://www.cryptocompare.com/coins/egc/post/p_13511
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2016, 03:26:30 PM

Hi,

Who knows.

I do think the ecosia would be a great partner for EGC, but what would be the main benefits of collaboration?

It could give both parites some added exposure which is of course nice, but not really enough to be the main selling point imo.

So mainly just for my own curiosity, does anyone have any good arguments or ideas that would that could add value to both projects?

The value EGC seeks to gain is only helping their tree planting efforts in anyway.

On ecosia's side, I thought it would be helpful to them by rewarding searches with, not only the satisfaction of helping the tree planting efforts, but also a (very) small amount of EGC. Of course, this idea would involve much work as some sort of registration would need to happen to associate searches with an EGC address to send the "compensation", if you will, to. After the one time registration on the search engine, a cookie could remain persistent on the device so as to not slow future searches and still maintain the rewarding of the search.

I feel people would and do use ecosia for the feel good of helping the efforts. But, like you said, might quickly jump to a larger search engine once that feeling is established. I would argue that not only might this bring added traffic that will give them more funding for development to enrich the experience but it expands this good feeling to not only include helping tree planting efforts, but helping one's self. This helping of one's self would keep traffic returning.

The fact is, it would take development time and resources on ecosia's end. Of course, EGC is willing to donate the EGC to supply this and help with development in any way ecosia staff would permit or request. Again, the only thing EGC seeks is the pride, and yes, exposure of helping their efforts.

Take the red pill

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 03:29:05 PM

Can EGC reach 500k sat!?
Gizfreak
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

Allergic to false promises

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 03:37:19 PM

Can EGC reach 500k sat!?
Everything is possible in cryptoland, but I think it's better to focus at 50k first.
maxamus

Activity: 833
Merit: 267

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 04:29:22 PM

Hi,

Who knows.

The value EGC seeks to gain is only helping their tree planting efforts in anyway.

On ecosia's side, I thought it would be helpful to them by rewarding searches with, not only the satisfaction of helping the tree planting efforts, but also a (very) small amount of EGC. Of course, this idea would involve much work as some sort of registration would need to happen to associate searches with an EGC address to send the "compensation", if you will, to. After the one time registration on the search engine, a cookie could remain persistent on the device so as to not slow future searches and still maintain the rewarding of the search.

I feel people would and do use ecosia for the feel good of helping the efforts. But, like you said, might quickly jump to a larger search engine once that feeling is established. I would argue that not only might this bring added traffic that will give them more funding for development to enrich the experience but it expands this good feeling to not only include helping tree planting efforts, but helping one's self. This helping of one's self would keep traffic returning.

The fact is, it would take development time and resources on ecosia's end. Of course, EGC is willing to donate the EGC to supply this and help with development in any way ecosia staff would permit or request. Again, the only thing EGC seeks is the pride, and yes, exposure of helping their efforts.

So this is what I have been discussing with Ecosia. But first this is how the things are currently running on Ecosia:

1-You search the web with Ecosia.
2-Search ads generate income for Ecosia.
3-Ecosia uses this income to plant trees.

What I have suggested as a partnership:

4-Ecosia users are rewarded with the EverGreenCoin for  each search ( converting saved trees into EverGreenCoin- a green cryptocoin  that has been created to  promote green causes and support environmental movements such as wildfire damaged forestry and wildlife rehabilitation ).
5- If you can hold the wallets,  you can have %7 interest of the Evergreencoin and you can keep the %7 or use it to plant more trees.

Not to mention that a partnership with Evergreencoin can act as incentive in using ecosia.org as their favorite search engine.
This way, more users would adopt  both  Ecosa and also the Evergreencoin.

Maybe after EGC gains more traction ( price at least 1$, more media exposure, more side-projects), maybe, just maybe, it will hit Ecosia's radar, and they will consider partnering with EGC. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Am I spamming? Report me!
Pages: « 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 [117] 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 ... 211 »
  Print  

Jump to: