Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:12:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 [148] 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 ... 211 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][EGC] EverGreenCoin | Environmental Green Causes | Full 7% PoS | Foundation  (Read 284480 times)
Chicago

Activity: 592
Merit: 259

View Profile
November 03, 2016, 08:24:32 AM

It may appear that little work on stage.evergreencoin.org has been done. However, please note that the reason homepage layout is not representative of a finished website ready for publishing to the EverGreenCoin.org root directory right now is because...

We are spending more time working on software and mechanics under the hood, rather than focusing on aesthetics at present.

Hi David,

Thanks for sharing a status update with us.

Would you kindly elaborate on the features you are developing under the hood and their interactions within the greater Joomla! system.

Best Regards,
-Chicago

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
drofxafm

Activity: 121
Merit: 20

View Profile
November 03, 2016, 08:33:43 AM

(I realise a couple of points here have been answered in David's post above, However I think it's useful to have a complete set of comments, I had started writing this a couple of days ago)

Having actually had a chance to look at the staging site on a decent screen I've got to say I'm somewhat disappointed in what I see. Looking back in this thread the contract for the new site was made at the start of July 2016 and had a 3-6 week schedule.

... I am actively delegating out more and more tasks to people that have proven they can be trusted to carry them out. Case in point and relevant to the EGC community, I have, as of this morning, contracted with SciFiDomains to develop the new EGC website. A task that has fallen off my plate for far too long. Similar delegating of tasks are taking place on other projects as well.

Hello to the Evergreen Community and Thank You EverGreenCoin Developer and Founder, "Steven" for his kind introduction.
I can confirm that my business www.scifidomain.com has been engaged by Steven to come in and help to develop the EGC website and assist in the online development of the EverGreenCoin.org Project.
While more details of our meetings and EGC development will no doubt be announced by Steven, I will mention that some of the things we have discuss are as follows:

1. Improved website presentation and information about EGC.
2. Increased online promotion through social media.
3. Initiatives to invite more Green Businesses to participate and accept EGC.  

So that's I hope a not too long introduction from me to the EGC community. My business partner, Andrew and I will check in here from time-to-time for community input, feedback and updates.
Thank you David for the kind words and for taking the time to elaborate on scifidomain's plans for the EGC website for the community. I do, as I am sure many others do, eagerly await the both the direct and indirect results of this.

... Scifidomains has estimated 3 to 6 weeks for completion and more agreements with scifidomains may be made after that.

We're now almost 4 months into this and I wonder how long it will take to get completed.

As far as I can see there's only a single page with an awful lot of content half of which can't be seen unless you've got the window full screen on a large (1920x1080) sized screen. I suspect that mobiles and tablets are going to struggle.

Most of the images look to be badly resized and taken from this thread, and as far as I can tell no checks have been made on whether they can actually be used.

None of the images to exchanges, social media take you to the relevant site.

Whilst I can understand the desire to work on the backend first, adding a bit of content and a few minutes resizing / cropping the images better would have made a huge difference. It's one of the things I've learned in IT projects - work on the frontend (i.e. what the customer sees and judges you on) as well as the backend.

With the use of Joomla I'd have thought it would have been possible to have  given at least a few people in the community the ability to start writing articles, this would have helped with content, content may not have been perfect but some content is better than none.

David: As you've been paid for this project presumably you have a project plan detailing what needs to be done and some estimated timescales. Sharing at least some of that (just the headlines/highlights) would likely increase confidence from the community.
frostminer

Activity: 742
Merit: 505

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2016, 09:44:50 AM

The webguys I know does mindblowing work in a week.
This is not mindblowing..
This is not even remotely impressive.
Neither is is very good looking.

This took 16 weeks?

Gizfreak
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

Allergic to false promises

View Profile
November 03, 2016, 10:57:06 AM
Last edit: November 04, 2016, 11:35:52 AM by Gizfreak

Scifi is fiction and that's exactly what the new site is to me and I know what I am talking about with over 20 years of experience in webdesign.
What I see now is just a mockup and definitely no almost finished product.
Sorry to say, but I am heavily disappointed by the clumsiness and I would certainly not recommend any of your services to anyone I know David.
starmman
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029

View Profile
November 03, 2016, 07:51:23 PM

Looks like the BTC price is in retracement phase - price is back down to 700, glad I managed to pick up a few cheap EGC today. The price didn't catch up with the BTC price yet so looking very tempting - shame I'm out of funds on Bittrex, still had a nice haul today - managed to more than double my EGC holding - so can't complain =)
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1192

EverGreenCoin® (EGC) EverGreenCoin.org

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2016, 08:49:14 PM

Looks like the BTC price is in retracement phase - price is back down to 700, glad I managed to pick up a few cheap EGC today. The price didn't catch up with the BTC price yet so looking very tempting - shame I'm out of funds on Bittrex, still had a nice haul today - managed to more than double my EGC holding - so can't complain =)

Thank you for investing in EverGreenCoin! =)

starmman
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2016, 09:03:05 PM

Thank you for investing in EverGreenCoin! =)

I think the coin has good potential, you guys are working really hard to promote it, and I like the environmental aspect of the coin (as I also do with XMG, also picked up a lot today) - and also the price is not as reactive as some of the more popular coins meaning if you are late off the mark there are still some low orders available before the price reacts to the market. I suspect the price will increase over the next couple of days assuming the BTC price keeps dropping and the fallout from the staging website status doesn't hit the price too badly.

I'll be doing a bit of range trading with the coin and hopefully build some more funds up to justify running a wallet in the near future - my strategy is trade with the coins for now - and will start siphoning off profits into a wallet once I hit a given threshold.
drofxafm

Activity: 121
Merit: 20

View Profile
November 04, 2016, 08:01:43 AM

Firstly, while we continue to load and test numerous feature extensions and modules for the website, Science Fiction Computer Pty Limited t/a www.scifidomain.com prefers to not enable Joomla caching by default.

It's a little concerning when you link to your business site and that sites says:
SCiFi DOMAIN ™ is an upcoming Web Design & Website Industry Publishing News & Resource portal from Science Fiction Computer.

New website coming soon

© Science Fiction Computer Pty Ltd 2015 | Internet Business Division, FUTURE network and the SCiFi CLOUD ™

That to me says last year you decided you needed a new website, but you've not done anything about it yet. As a web dev company I'd have thought having a good company site would be a high priority. I also wonder if you've watched the top webdesign mistakes video you have on there.

SCiFi Domain has always been in regular contact with Steven during the recent months and we have not gone any longer than several days without communicating or speaking with him.

Regular contact doesn't mean much without something to back it up. I'd potentially argue that very regular contact can be a bad thing as it takes away potential dev time. If your spending more time having regular contact than doing dev work there's something wrong.
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2016, 04:57:39 PM
Last edit: November 04, 2016, 06:43:18 PM by EverGreenCoin

Hi EverGreenCoin community,

Yesterday I had asked David to field some of the honest questions that have been asked. I understand he does not want to be pulled away from his work and I do understand it is unpleasant to answer questions in less-than-perfect situations. Given the tardiness of the new website, I did explain a response was in the best interest of EverGreenCoin and the community was deserving.

The foundation gained its funding through the mining of the community during PoW. One could argue the community helped pay for half of the bill for the new website. If you remember: Of the paid bill of 25 k EGC, 12.5 k EGC was paid from the foundation, 12.5 k EGC by me personally. I advised not ignoring would be best for everyone involved and ask for him to, during his lunch break perhaps, field some of the honest and professionally delivered questions.

Since David was unable to field the questions as of yet and I do not want the community to lower its expectations of responsiveness, let me address the ones I am aware of answers to and do so to the best of knowledge based on previous discussions:

• As far as the mobile version, David tells me a plugin or module only needs to be installed that will resolve this.
  • The exchange and social links of course should be a quick fix. Some of the social links do not yet have relevant targets, for I have not made EGC accounts on all of the social media sites presently displayed. But at this time, we should just disable those. In the future, we can enable when relevant.
  • Some of the images in use will certainly not be used. David and his staff only used these for mockups and now remain as placeholders. Owners of any imagery used will be contacted and asked for permission.  
  • David and I did have many in-depth and very long discussions of my motives behind developing EverGreenCoin. Elaboration of how EverGreenCoin could, and in my mind would, be a successful project did aid us in coming up with a plan of presentation we both feel very confident about. I admit I may have let those conversations go on for longer than needed.

Those are the only questions that have been raised that I am comfortable answering. Of course I can not field questions about his business or his business practices. I have no knowledge of those answers and even if I did, I feel that would be unprofessional of myself.

I do thank the community for maintaining professionalism. Even the comments that were delivered more bluntly were, I believe, done while holding their tongue. I have had to answer to much worse and I feel silence will only further aggravate the situation. I hope I have at least shed a little light on some questions asked.

portdavenport

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 04, 2016, 05:30:35 PM

Hi Steven and EGC Community.

As requested, I did actually begin to field questions on both Bitcointalk and Slack but actually ran out of time to publish my responses on Bitcointalk.

Hence, it's 3.27am now in Australia, so I'll post my preparation notes that  fielded but I'll have to respond to the rest of these fielded questions tomorrow.

I will please ask people to standby and reserve comment on my post until I've had a chance to complete them.

Cheers, David.

portdavenport

View Profile
November 04, 2016, 05:32:02 PM
Last edit: November 05, 2016, 01:27:58 AM by portdavenport

Thank you to Members of EGC Community for your interest in the EGC Website 2.0

As co-developers of the EverGreenCoin.org version 2 website, we wish to express setting aside time to communicate with the EGC community is important to www.scifidomain.com. EGC has gone through many trials and tribulations, and if it were not for Steven's ongoing communication with the EGC community the digital currency wouldn't be as strong as it is today. We respect Steven's example. So in the same spirit we will try our best to communicate when we can with the EGC community in a similar way.

Please find some more brief responses below...

Rishi2080
HI everyone ,

We are group of HOLDERS , TRADERS AND INVESTORS from INDIA.

Working only on EGC coin to increase its price upto 1$ ,

why we choose EGC ?

BECAUSE OF ITS AMAZING FUTURE PROJECTS (2017)---- NEW WEBSITE AND ANDROID WALLET

GOOD SUPPORT FROM DEVELOPER(STEVEN) AND HIS TEAM

LOW IN SUPPLY(13 MILLION) AND MINEABLE CURRENCY (Annually pays 7% staking bonus )

FASTEST TRANSACTIONS and SUPPORTS EVER GREEN TECHNOLOGY

MANY MONTHS PASSED AWAY , STILL WE CAN'T  FIND NEW WEBSITE , WHAT'S HAPPENING WITH EGC
ITS NOT WORKING NOW ? , WHEN IT WILL BE COMPLETELY LAUNCHED IN REPLACE OF OLD WEBSITE

We agree! EGC is in the Goldilocks Zone so-to speak with gettting its specifications right for suppy and demand figures that should ultimately set EGC up with a great price. Steven did a great job with the numbers here with 12 to 13M EGC through the proof of work process and 7% interest on people's EGC investment staked annually.

The 7% Interest is a great feature and we will be promoting it on the Web V2 on both homepage slider banners, the About Section under the Subsection "Why Use EverGreenCoin?"and on Social Media.

The message strategy discussed by Steven and I for V2 is importantly just how profitable the 7% Interest will be.

With a decent EGC balance, users may stake anything from 5 USD to 60+ USD in a day depending on their wallet based on the an EGC price target of between 130k to 160k Satoshis. V2 content and site features have been planned to help get EGC to approx. 1 dollar USD by building a portal that works like a big social network. (See below in the last question I will respond to for EGC site features).

In terms of time taken, yes there has been a time drawn out, however to support EGC price increase prior to mobile EGC wallets eventually becoming available it was determined the website would have to work a lot harder than other Altcoin websites to encourage busines/investment and accommodate it Green Causes community movement. This has caused the job description and workload to be much heavier than just a simple website refresh. A web refresh can be knocked up on 3 to 6 weeks easy. But a community social/business network is a much greater task my business has taken on.

The final mockups were only presented to Steven for project go ahead on the 3rd of October, 2016. So serious building of V2 has only been going on for about 1 month. Everything before that was meetings, planning and basic testing to better understand this awesome Green Causes movement task.

Unfortunately time has been interrupted for up to 5 weeks in total prior to October due to deaths in mine and my business partners respective families. My business partners father is ill, and he was left with the task of following up with his father's close brother who hadn't been heard from strangley for 3 weeks at the end of August. My business partner had to face finding his Uncle who had passed away alone in his apartment over 10 days prior and he was tasked with arranging the funeral and all of his personal affairs. SCiFi Domain had to give him time off to address this which took him away 3 weeks.

In mid September 2016 my Uncle then passed away unexpectedly from Liver Cancer. It was a shock to our family because he didn't inform us of his struggle. I also had personal family meetings and estate legal matters to sort costing me 2 weeks.

We at scifidomain.com ask that the EGC community respect that under such circumstances these family matters are private and family responsibilities must come first. We hope the EGC can understand and Steven tried his best to allow us to do what we had to do with our families.

starmman
The site is working for me - albeit a little slow - still seems to be very much in development. Better to wait until its ready to launch. Going live in its current state will be a very negative user experience.

I think the coin has good potential, you guys are working really hard to promote it, and I like the environmental aspect of the coin (as I also do with XMG, also picked up a lot today) - and also the price is not as reactive as some of the more popular coins meaning if you are late off the mark there are still some low orders available before the price reacts to the market. I suspect the price will increase over the next couple of days assuming the BTC price keeps dropping and the fallout from the staging website status doesn't hit the price too badly. I'll be doing a bit of range trading with the coin and hopefully build some more funds up to justify running a wallet in the near future - my strategy is trade with the coins for now - and will start siphoning off profits into a wallet once I hit a given threshold.

Thank you for you support of EverGreenCoin.

We also thank you for your patience in relation to the staging website. We at www.scifidomain.com care about EGC price very as much as any other member or stakeholder in the EGC Community, and EGC price goals have dominated the meetings and the design of EverGreenCoin.org Website Vers. 2.

Your investment in EGC is very much justified for the following reasons:

1. EGC has survived the PoW (Proof of Work) phase of the cryptographic coin's development and is now stable on PoS (Proof of Stake).
2. A Core Developer who is passionate, resilient and responsive in 2-way communication talking with the EGC community, maintaining the code-base, and good working alongside additional developers  working on the EGC Movement and Project like us at www.scifidomain.com.
3. Excellent EGC branding around "Green Causes" that's extremely relevant to modern, international, socio-economic and political current affairs and public trends with growing interest towards the state of the environment.
4. Strong passionate and discerning community support for EGC.
5. Website and/or Portal Development aimed at providing solutions for addressing 3-critical challenges that may affect the future value of the coin: a) Encourage New User Adoption and Levels of Technical Support,  b) Grow Green Causes Community Participation (including Projects) and c) Build a networking platform for further Green Business Development & Investment around EGC (https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/evergreencoin/).
6. Ongoing technical development on the EGC codebase on to Mobile wallets and ongoing Desktop Wallet software development (including future potential EGC hardware).

drofxafm
These things take time, especially when trying to get something that looks good and works across a multitude of devices. It's usually much better to provide a completed project rather than a buggy half finished solution that drives potential newcomers away. The team being paid to produce the new site are doing it at a significant discount and are adding a lot of new features. They also need to pay the bills so need to work on other projects to paythose bills. Running a business is not a cheap thing.

Having actually had a chance to look at the staging site on a decent screen I've got to say I'm somewhat disappointed in what I see. Looking back in this thread the contract for the new site was made at the start of July 2016 and had a 3-6 week schedule. None of the images to exchanges, social media take you to the relevant site.

Whilst I can understand the desire to work on the backend first, adding a bit of content and a few minutes resizing / cropping the images better would have made a huge difference. It's one of the things I've learned in IT projects - work on the frontend (i.e. what the customer sees and judges you on) as well as the backend.

With the use of Joomla I'd have thought it would have been possible to have  given at least a few people in the community the ability to start writing articles, this would have helped with content, content may not have been perfect but some content is better than none.

David: As you've been paid for this project presumably you have a project plan detailing what needs to be done and some estimated timescales. Sharing at least some of that (just the headlines/highlights) would likely increase confidence from the community.

drofxafm,

Thank you for your earlier supporting comments which are spot on, and we apologize for your later expressed sense of disappointment.

While for a usual website refresh/rebuild we quoted 3 to 6 weeks, in reality, the EGC website business goals, meeting particulars, technical assessment and implement is more of a networking portal now rather than a visual and information updated website.

Why?

Because we have asked the hard questions in meetings between Steven and Myself - and now those details are being virtuously shared and 'Open Sourced' with all of you, the EGC Community (even ahead of the pending portal). We've both been exposed to the Bitcoin/Cryptocurrency Industry for several years now and seen many, many altcoins come and go... And we've both familiar with the many single page scrolling websites over the years that accompany many matching altcoins into eventual obscurity.

Steven doesn't want this for EverGreenCoin.org Trade Symbol: EGC. This alt[coin] is a Green Causes movement aimed at bringing an online international community together around a democratic and free EGC digital cryptocurrency and building a trade ecosystem of Green Individuals, Business and Investors together using and accepting EGC.

In address the EGC Movement Challenge, the reality is we do not have the Mobile Wallets for EGC right now. But this is in the works.

What we have now is a stable, premium branded (trademark application pending courtesy of Steven), 7% interest, fast transaction Proof of Stake decentralized Cryptocurrency [Node] network.

So what is going to increase the EGC price?

At the moment, it needs to be the website.

www.evergreencoin.org Website Version 1 from Steven was a demonstrational example, "Vision Website", for communicating the beginning core principles of the EverGreenCoin (EGC) Green Causes Community Movement.

Version 2.0 of the EGC Website needs to put Green Causes Projects into practice, and that cannot be achieve with just a flashly visual and updated communication website that doesn't work as a productivity tool that's flexible enough to accommodate or designed to satisfy the diverse range of different EGC member interests.

The Portal Build needs to operate on another level now that actually fosters trade and acceptance of EGC.

For this reason, a range of communication features or tools leading to building a social and business networking tool was decided upon.

Reddcoin made a claim years ago that it would be the currency of social web acceptance, but what did its website do to connect people together to create projects and initiatives to achieve social web currency status?

Nothing. It was just a website, doable in 3 to 6 weeks with little mechanics or tools of any use running behind it.

It also got its specifications wrong with too much over-supply. At certain amount of scarcity and limited supply is really needed in more conventional cryptocurrency codebases in order to foster a reasonable enough price that individuals have an ongoing incentive to accept it. That's were Steven's 13M approx. initial EGC gets things right!

The EGC Portal V2 will provide actual on site features and tools for people to connect onsite, and be creative in starting or building upon their already established Green Projects or Businesses.

If you can start to understand and imagine now, I am not the founder of EGC. I don't have the authority to give every point of advantage of the new EGC Foundation's Website's Business Strategy at risk of revealing too much trade secret intellectual property business planning painstakingly discuss and consulted upon between myself and Steven during the lead up to the approval of building the new EGC website given to my in early October 2016. I am not a part of EGC officially and not a part of the EGC Foundation at this stage. I am merely a "SciFi Branded Professional Web Developer and subcontractor to EverGreenCoin and Steven.

So with this said, it is so hard for me to talk at times to the EGC Community at risk of giving critical business innovations, intentions or ideas away to other Altcoin competitors before the new portal is ready.

We care about you too and your right to know. But it's a juggling act to develop new angles of differentiation that will improve EGC price (that's in all of our interests), but not to drop our pants before we are ready.

Why didn't we just update the website in 3 to 6 weeks and get that started first. Because we still need time to understand the Big Picture EGC strategy and www.scifidomain.com doesn't have time to double back and rebuild things on the current job budget allocated. The 25k EGC price at present is relative and discounted considerably below our private consulting rate.

So we needed broader picture understand to build mechanical foundations into V2 from the start. This has a better chance to of ultimately justifying a higher EGC value at the right time, later down the track...

starmman
The slow speed I'm reporting could be the firing up of a worker process since nobody is using the staging site. If I make multiple clicks after the first one, it seems to be a bit faster.

Slow speed on the staging website is something mentioned in our previously post: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1272091.msg16760682#msg16760682

Every time visitors load a page on a Joomla website, Joomla has to perform a number of tasks like fetching the content from the database, load installed plugins, components and modules, and template files that display a page. All of these processes take time.

We don't normally go through Joomla optimization procedures on a website until the end of the build. This is so as not to over complexify the build environment while extensions and plugins, modules and css/php-server/jquery components are all loaded and working successfully. Caching, compression, .htaccess page loading rule tweaking, imaging optimization and swap-ins and outs depending on the computing form factor device the website is loaded on (i.e. Desktop or Mobile), and extension optimization are the various things we'll look at before handover to Steven in order to improve loading times. Steven and I have even discussed an option to eventually consider CDNs as a means of propagating EGC and making it quickly and easily accessible globally.

abyaby123
Hey David, the people here were thinking of a release already and now we saw a EGC page what was not even near finished...

The crypto guys want to khnow a release date. If you are a real company with Scifidomain you could give us the date. And if you khnow that you couldn't hold the release date you should have talked to us instead of showing us a layout page where nothing is finished.

Thank you abyaby123 for your feedback.

Believe us, as soon as we get our website to behave and the foundations of all the various software components to talk with the EverGreenCoin.org server, we will sweep into improving the presentation of the homepage on the staging website at: http://stage.evergreencoin.org.

It is hard for us to provide definitive deadlines when we run into technical problems that hamper progression to other website tasks.

All I say right now is we want this website running as soon as possible to stimulate EGC price and confidence back towards past peaks with plenty of time to spare (ideally several weeks) before Christmas 2016.

We apologize for not attempting to communicate with the EGC community sooner. Our lives are very busy on personal and business levels (just like everybody else in the EGC Community here who also have busy lives themselves) and sometimes as much as we wanted to be able to communicate sooner, circumstances have made it extremely challenging for us to be able to check in sooner.

We at www.scifidomain.com care about EGC as much as you all do. We hope you can understand our absence while working on due process behind the scenes. I hope this communication demonstrates we are attempting to improve our dialogue and work in a compromising and respectful manner alongside and in support of our Client, Steven Saxton (EGC Core Developer).  

Gizfreak
Scifi is fiction and that's exactly what the new site is to me and I know where I am talking about with over 20 years of experience in webdesign.
What I see now is just a mockup and definitely no almost finished product.

Talking about Sci-Fi, Steven gave us a little hint that he would be interested in seeing a bit of a futuristic visual design like Sci-Fi subtly make an appearance or be implemented into the EverGreenCoin.org. One of the ways we have accommodated this request is by including a dynamic article display system on the EGC homepage triggered by the Getting Started Menu. Other items on this menu will be added shortly, and when they are content will change dynamically and reshuffle according to major EGC community information content sections including:

Green Causes articles written by the foundation or submitted by the public.
Green Business services offerred by the EGC Foundation to encourage Green investment.
EGC Community information pages.
EGC Directory Featured or New Listings.
Explanatory information for access to the EGC Forums.
Explanatory information about how to use and access Live Community Chat on the EverGreenCoin.org website.
Recommended EGC Web Links.

Chicago
Hi David,

Thanks for sharing a status update with us.

Would you kindly elaborate on the features you are developing under the hood and their interactions within the

greater Joomla! system.

Best Regards,
-Chicago

Hi Chicago,

This is a great question and the reason I have saved it til last. Thank you!

The truth is the EverGreenCoin V2 Website isn't really a website anymore as first introduced to the community. The platform ultimately approved by Steven is to develop an active, community, dynamic content-updated business, social, and Green Causes inspired project initiative "Portal" for the EGC ecosystem and the EGC digital cryptocurrency.

What I can report on to date is the following:

Members of the EGC Community will be able to register and login into the EGC Portal using a single user sign in.

The official EGC forum is working, and if users sign up their, their sign in will work for the rest of the website/portal.

A basic Live Chat Instant Messaging System has been built in and is working, which display members according to Username. EGC members will be able to hold conversations site wide, or hold private conversations for networking or social purposes privately between themselves.

On EverGreenCoin.org V2, Members will be able to create personal profiles and give descriptions about themselves why they have chose to associate themselves with the EGC Community, the EGC Green Causes Movement, or why they chose to invest or support EGC.

Just like Twitter or Facebook, EGC V2 Users get a Cover Photo, a Portrait Photo, a Wall (for leaving each other messages), Description Areas, Links to Articles Contributed and links to the greater EGC Directory if they have chosen to register a Green Cause Project, Idea, or Business there.

EGC Profiles is also working for www.scifidomain.com at present, so we've moved on from this task at present.

Green Cause or EGC Articles submitted by EGC Members may ultimately be dynamically displayed on the EGC homepage via relevant TABS.

Where www.scifidomain.com is currently experiencing some migration problems between our servers to Steven's in concerning the EGC Directory.

The EGC Directory is a place where instead of more personal profiles, Individuals and Businesses can list Green Causes Ideas, Businesses or Products and Services that have an expression of interest in accepting EGC, which will be accessible in an online and public A to Z Directory.

www.scifidomain.com has identified that certain PHP Server Extensions may not be enabled on Steven's server, and we will continue to work with him to finalize Portal Software and Custom Modifications, before moving into final EGC Website/Portal Sections and polished aesthetics.

We also have integrated a potential Crowdfund Section still undergoing testing by www.scifidomain.com for EGC. The idea behind this feature is to enable people to have a Green Causes idea to have an opportunity to obtain fiat funding to get their business plans started and products/services/initiates underway as a form of EGC Branch Green Business Incubator.

Anyway Ladies and Gentleman, this information is to give you a sample of some of the positive things being worked on after Steven asked me to field questions. I need to get back to the EGC building task at hand (NB. My business also must services other private website customers), but I will try my best to get in here and the Slack more regularly.

I will end for now at risk of giving too much away without Steven signing off on things first.

Best and Sincerely,

David
Web Developer
www.scifidomain.com

Gizfreak
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

Allergic to false promises

View Profile
November 04, 2016, 08:11:46 PM

@David
Thx for taking your time to address the concerns that we had extensively.
I hope to see more of this kinda feedback from you. Also in the Slack group.
portdavenport

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 01:27:07 AM

@David

You're welcome, Mate.

David
Web Developer
www.scifidomain.com
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2016, 01:29:20 AM
Last edit: November 05, 2016, 02:10:04 AM by EverGreenCoin

Many thanks to abyaby123 for updating the German ANN translation! If the other authors of translated ANN OPs could please find time to update their translations, we all would greatly appreciate that. Thank you in advance!

Thanks to gizfreak for his work on the new graphics used and thanks to the community members that provided the feedback to drive this change. If you have yet to see the updated ANN OP, please take a gander, if you wish. We think you will agree, the cleaner design is very aesthetically pleasing. Of course, thank you to all the artist that have contributed in all the various ways, especially the now numerous ANN OP revisions. Your contributions are not forgotten.

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2016, 01:57:48 AM
Last edit: November 05, 2016, 02:12:49 AM by EverGreenCoin

@David

You're welcome, Mate.

David
Web Developer
www.scifidomain.com

David has informed me he has completed his responses as of now.  I thank David for finding the time to do so. His detailed explanations of the circumstances leading to the continued delays, I hope, is found satisfying to the community. Of course and likewise, I hope his attention is found as reassuring and does reestablish any confidence lost.

If anyone has any observation, feedback, and/or further questions, please feel free to voice them now. All input from the community is, always has been, and always will be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: please and for readability, no need to quote the wall of text. Wink

PH300R

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 12:47:54 AM

great, team working, and as the wallet android
You have date?
It has been negotiating to join the exchange poloniex?

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2016, 02:16:07 AM

You have date?

No ETA for the Android wallet as of now. I am pleased to say, some recent events have brought the staking Android wallet back on the table. In light of that, it would be great to offer both. A staking wallet for those devices or users less worried about battery consumption and a non-staking wallet for those devices or users that can not afford the battery consumption. At any rate, we will at minimal have one, staking or non, in Q4 as roadmapped.

The addition of EverGreenCoin to Poloniex is their decission. Please fill out a coin request form and tweet at them if you would care to help us convince them to add EverGreenCoin.

Thank you for your interest!

starmman
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 07:46:53 AM

You have date?

No ETA for the Android wallet as of now. I am pleased to say, some recent events have brought the staking Android wallet back on the table. In light of that, it would be great to offer both. A staking wallet for those devices or users less worried about battery consumption and a non-staking wallet for those devices or users that can not afford the battery consumption. At any rate, we will at minimal have one, staking or non, in Q4 as roadmapped.

The addition of EverGreenCoin to Poloniex is their decission. Please fill out a coin request form and tweet at them if you would care to help us convince them to add EverGreenCoin.

Thank you for your interest!

I've filled out the form on Polo fingers crossed that there will be enough people fill it out for them to notice.

An Andriod wallet with staking support sounds great.
Chicago

Activity: 592
Merit: 259

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 09:49:13 PM

An Andriod wallet with staking support sounds great.

EGC owners who do not stake their wallets presently, when their main computer is online at their desk - for whatever reason; may enjoy staking from an Android wallet.

Bitcoin Android wallet users thought everything was great until August of 2013 too, when the implementation flaws with the Java SecureRandom class had been identified.
    Probably, carrying a balance to buy a cup of coffee is no sizable risk - and also would bring no appreciable staking reward.

Is a staking Android wallet really a great feature when the platform has a colored history for generation of secure random numbers?
    This question is probably best answered way upstream by those more heavily invested -- the Bitcoin guys who had paid heavily for the thefts from their wallets.

A heist is a heist after all and if the signatures are ever much less random then expected; the scenario from August 2013 could be repeated.

Starman, do you stake on the other other EvergreenCoin wallets presently?

Best Regards,
-Chicago
portdavenport

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 11:26:12 PM
Last edit: November 08, 2016, 01:03:50 AM by portdavenport

I think an EGC Mobile Wallet that has the option and feature to stake is interesting, however not essential. I'd use it in a very limited way.

...Personally, I don't really want a computationally-heavy mobile wallet slowing my CELL phone down or using up excessive battery.

David

aka. portdavenport Wink
Pages: « 1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 [148] 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 ... 211 »
  Print  

Jump to: