Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:45:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 [159] 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 ... 211 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][EGC] EverGreenCoin | Environmental Green Causes | Full 7% PoS | Foundation  (Read 284480 times)
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1192

EverGreenCoin® (EGC) EverGreenCoin.org

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2016, 06:05:57 PM

I am collecting some large direct donations from the community members in India right now. I will get the totals calculated and update the website's crowdfund. I think we might be over the top now! Thanks so much everyone! If in fact we have meet the goal, I will promptly get payment over to the Vindyne Group. Of course, I will inform the community when doing so.

Thanks again, everyone!!

Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2016, 08:07:16 PM
Last edit: December 29, 2016, 08:22:26 PM by EverGreenCoin

I am collecting some large direct donations from the community members in India right now. I will get the totals calculated and update the website's crowdfund. I think we might be over the top now! Thanks so much everyone! If in fact we have meet the goal, I will promptly get payment over to the Vindyne Group. Of course, I will inform the community when doing so.

Thanks again, everyone!!
Thats great news  Smiley

It is, indeed! Not only am I excited we did meet the goal, I am absolutely thrilled the crowdfunding on the new website works perfectly!

The final tally looks like this:

.085 in BTC contributions.
$130 in PayPal contributions.
13824 in EGC contributions. These will not be dumped on the market to get BTC. Basically, the EverGreenCoin Foundation will now purchase these with BTC.

Thank you so very much to everyone that contributed! Also, thank you to those that retweeted and shared my tweets/posts about this. On that note, pressing retweet or share to any of EverGreenCoin's tweets/posts is a free and very easy way to help your investment. So, please continue to do so!

I will get John's payment of .4 BTC over to him now. I will ask for the promotion to not start until next week. Reason being, I want to populate the business directory a little more, finish entering some "non-EGC" crowdfunds, and do some more improvements to the site. If anyone in the community knows of any green business that may wish to be included in the business directory, please add them. Of course, only do so with the business/organization owner's consent or better yet, have them add it! I can not approve listings without knowing the owner consents. The business directory functions very nicely and is free. Once a listing is approved, the owner can add images and information as they see fit. Katherine from the Toad Sanctuary has already been using her listing to add her youtube video. Of course, functionality will grow in time.

Also, any ideas for crowdfunding projects, please bring them to my attention. If you have something you want to crowdfund, by all means, we will add it and promote it.

Help me get the new website populated so when the Vindyne Group promotion starts, and people visit the site for the first time, they do get a better impression of the ecosystem we are building. I will pay small EGC bounties, varying on the amount of work you do, for help populating! Please contact me if you wish to. At minimal, please create an account at EverGreenCoin.org so our numbers are better represented.

If we all pitch in a little, we can make amazing things happen for EverGreenCoin, the "green" industry and movement, our environment, and ourselves! This first crowdfund, now a success, is proof of that!

Thanks for everything, everyone!

EDIT: Payment has now been sent to the Vindyne Group. Bitcoin TX ID 46ac7e3debffe88e803383fa6dfecc1b54403471f62cf0eb45ef0d0d4540b036

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2016, 08:14:18 PM

Oh, the marketplace also! If you want to be able to add marketplace items, you must make an EverGreenCoin.org account, then apply to be a vendor in the marketplace. I will approve you to be a vendor, and you can add items. Individual items do need to be approved also before they publically are displayed. I don't want to take the chance of something inappropriate slipping in.

Thanks again! Smiley

starmman
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 09:59:05 PM

Thanks again, everyone!!
Thats great news  Smiley

It is, indeed! Not only am I excited we did meet the goal, I am absolutely thrilled the crowdfunding on the new website works perfectly!

The final tally looks like this:

.085 in BTC contributions.
$130 in PayPal contributions.
13824 in EGC contributions. These will not be dumped on the market to get BTC. Basically, the EverGreenCoin Foundation will now purchase these with BTC.

Thank you so very much to everyone that contributed! Also, thank you to those that retweeted and shared my tweets/posts about this. On that note, pressing retweet or share to any of EverGreenCoin's tweets/posts is a free and very easy way to help your investment. So, please continue to do so!

I will get John's payment of .4 BTC over to him now. I will ask for the promotion to not start until next week. Reason being, I want to populate the business directory a little more, finish entering some "non-EGC" crowdfunds, and do some more improvements to the site. If anyone in the community knows of any green business that may wish to be included in the business directory, please add them. Of course, only do so with the business/organization owner's consent or better yet, have them add it! I can not approve listings without knowing the owner consents. The business directory functions very nicely and is free. Once a listing is approved, the owner can add images and information as they see fit. Katherine from the Toad Sanctuary has already been using her listing to add her youtube video. Of course, functionality will grow in time.

Also, any ideas for crowdfunding projects, please bring them to my attention. If you have something you want to crowdfund, by all means, we will add it and promote it.

Help me get the new website populated so when the Vindyne Group promotion starts, and people visit the site for the first time, they do get a better impression of the ecosystem we are building. I will pay small EGC bounties, varying on the amount of work you do, for help populating! Please contact me if you wish to. At minimal, please create an account at EverGreenCoin.org so our numbers are better represented.

If we all pitch in a little, we can make amazing things happen for EverGreenCoin, the "green" industry and movement, our environment, and ourselves! This first crowdfund, now a success, is proof of that!

Thanks for everything, everyone!

EDIT: Payment has now been sent to the Vindyne Group. Bitcoin TX ID 46ac7e3debffe88e803383fa6dfecc1b54403471f62cf0eb45ef0d0d4540b036

Awesome stuff - shows that the EGC community cares for the coin if it can generate over 0.2% of its market cap in a couple of days in dontations - not sure if many other coins could muster that amount of capital relative to their market cap.

If I get some time over the next few days I'll help to populate the directory for you.

Cheers,
Starmman
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2016, 02:05:29 AM

If I get some time over the next few days I'll help to populate the directory for you.

Cheers,
Starmman

Thanks in advance! I would greatly appreciate the help and I can help you build your EverGreenCoin stack a little in return. Wink

I know it is an inconvenient time to be asking for help, with the holidays and all. I have talked to John of the Vindyne Group and he said we can delay the start of the promotion as long as we want, since we have already paid. Maybe we should wait a week or so to start the promotion to allow some time for things to get better populated. We would still get a full month of promotion, regardless of the start date. The 'hurry' was only to get the discount, which we have.

Bow will be helping also. We will see how it progresses and if anyone else has time to help. For the time being and if no one objects, the start date of the Vindy Group promotion will be briefly on hold. I think that makes the best sense to optimize our 'bang for the buck'.

Cheers mate!

starmman
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 10:29:32 AM

Cheers,
Starmman

Thanks in advance! I would greatly appreciate the help and I can help you build your EverGreenCoin stack a little in return. Wink

I know it is an inconvenient time to be asking for help, with the holidays and all. I have talked to John of the Vindyne Group and he said we can delay the start of the promotion as long as we want, since we have already paid. Maybe we should wait a week or so to start the promotion to allow some time for things to get better populated. We would still get a full month of promotion, regardless of the start date. The 'hurry' was only to get the discount, which we have.

Bow will be helping also. We will see how it progresses and if anyone else has time to help. For the time being and if no one objects, the start date of the Vindy Group promotion will be briefly on hold. I think that makes the best sense to optimize our 'bang for the buck'.

Cheers mate!

I've added a single site for now (to make sure I don't mess things up) - after adding, I was wondering if there were any rules?

Do they have to be merchants, or a other green companies/charities/organisations allowed?
 Do they have to accept bitcoin/crypto?
 How are categories managed?
 I may not be able to get the best email address for each merchant, and adding the emails may not be wanted by the merchant, is that okay - or should we ask them before adding to the list?
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2016, 11:28:00 AM

Cheers,
Starmman

Cheers mate!

I've added a single site for now (to make sure I don't mess things up) - after adding, I was wondering if there were any rules?

Do they have to be merchants, or a other green companies/charities/organisations allowed?
 I may not be able to get the best email address for each merchant, and adding the emails may not be wanted by the merchant, is that okay - or should we ask them before adding to the list?

We are still trying to formulate the rules, but I will answer your questions based on what I think and hope will be the rules. Of course, I am open to different ideas:

-No, they do not have to be merchants. Other organizations are welcome and I think we should serve all. I realize this may cause some logic riffs being labeled a 'business' in a 'business directory'. I am open to ideas of better terminology that might be more encompassing. Perhaps just calling it a 'directory' and all businesses that fit into a true merchant definition goes into one category with subsequent sub-categories.

-Perhaps this needs to be catalogized also.

-Categories must be added by an admin. At this time, Bow and I have sufficient privileges to do so. I think it might be wise for additions to be added by default into the 'General' category, as you did with the one you added. Then better place when the listing is approved.

-I don't think we should be just adding whomever we want. I think we should ask and get permission, yes.

starmman
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 12:02:36 PM

Cheers,
Starmman

Cheers mate!

We are still trying to formulate the rules, but I will answer your questions based on what I think and hope will be the rules. Of course, I am open to different ideas:

-No, they do not have to be merchants. Other organizations are welcome and I think we should serve all. I realize this may cause some logic riffs being labeled a 'business' in a 'business directory'. I am open to ideas of better terminology that might be more encompassing. Perhaps just calling it a 'directory' and all businesses that fit into a true merchant definition goes into one category with subsequent sub-categories.

-Categories must be added by an admin. At this time, Bow and I have sufficient privileges to do so. I think it might be wise for additions to be added by default into the 'General' category, as you did with the one you added. Then better place when the listing is approved.

-I don't think we should be just adding whomever we want. I think we should ask and get permission, yes.

Thanks for the clarification Steve. I'll see if I can work an optimum way to get the directory populated.

With regards to the last point, it might be difficult to get firms to agree to be listed at this time of year (might even be difficult to get them to respond at all), I'll drop some emails out and see if I get any response. I might spend some time to research the legalities of adding to the list without asking, as it may take less time.
frostminer

Activity: 742
Merit: 505

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2016, 12:06:45 PM

And join the slack or irc (they are "connected" with bots, so its same which one... tho, slack gives u a nice offline buffer)
(also, you dont need the slack app... you might just use the website https://evergreencoin.slack.com )

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2016, 12:32:28 PM
Last edit: December 30, 2016, 12:46:33 PM by EverGreenCoin

Cheers,
Starmman

Cheers mate!

Thanks for the clarification Steve. I'll see if I can work an optimum way to get the directory populated.

With regards to the last point, it might be difficult to get firms to agree to be listed at this time of year (might even be difficult to get them to respond at all), I'll drop some emails out and see if I get any response. I might spend some time to research the legalities of adding to the list without asking, as it may take less time.

I think by adding sites like Esocia, we would be fine. Honestly, who doesn't want free advertising? I guess I am just trying to be cautious, perhaps overly. I think if the information is publicized in many locations, it is public domain and we are free to reiterate it, so long as we do so in an accurate way. I have worked with a 'yellow page' type publication in the past. They never seemed to be concerned.

I will contact the owner today. I am sure he can give me a solid answer and he has the money to know the correct answer from a legal perspective. I know and trust he would not lead me astray. Plus, he would be happy to hear from me. Even on a holiday! Smiley

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2016, 01:13:07 PM

And join the slack or irc (they are "connected" with bots, so its same which one... tho, slack gives u a nice offline buffer)
(also, you dont need the slack app... you might just use the website https://evergreencoin.slack.com )

IRC has logs. Unlimited buffer. You don't need to pay for additional space. More anonymous, if you so chose it to be. It has a web interface also, http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#EverGreenCoin     Wink

haha! For those of you that don't know, IRC v/s Slack is one of the many on-going debates we have. Seriously though, both have their pros and cons.

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2016, 07:59:20 PM

After much consideration in the slack/irc, we have concluded that the directory on the new website should only showcase businesses and organizations that accept or otherwise use EverGreenCoin. While we fully understand this might give the directory a smaller start, we feel it will be best in both the short-term and the long-term.

If we simply populate the directory with entities that have no involvement with EverGreenCoin specifically, even if categorized in that way, end users might make the assumption there is some direct involvement and be frustrated with the experience when later finding out that is not the case. Making what might have been a good first-impression a negative one. Less irreversible damage would come from observing what will be a smaller directory and surely it will quickly expand with true EverGreenCoin-wise listings. Also, in regards to short-term, this puts less of a delay on the start of the Vindyne Group promotion, though we will be making effort over the next several days, perhaps week, to better populate. But again, only with listings that have consented to addition in the listing, have knowledge of and share our goals, and use EverGreenCoin in their operations.

Thanks for the help in reaching this decision everyone. I do feel we have concluded the best decision and this decision would require less 'un-doing' should we decide to pursue another route in the future for whatever reason.

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2016, 08:24:00 PM

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2016, 08:26:17 PM

starmman
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 09:05:24 PM

After much consideration in the slack/irc, we have concluded that the directory on the new website should only showcase businesses and organizations that accept or otherwise use EverGreenCoin. While we fully understand this might give the directory a smaller start, we feel it will be best in both the short-term and the long-term.

If we simply populate the directory with entities that have no involvement with EverGreenCoin specifically, even if categorized in that way, end users might make the assumption there is some direct involvement and be frustrated with the experience when later finding out that is not the case. Making what might have been a good first-impression a negative one. Less irreversible damage would come from observing what will be a smaller directory and surely it will quickly expand with true EverGreenCoin-wise listings. Also, in regards to short-term, this puts less of a delay on the start of the Vindyne Group promotion, though we will be making effort over the next several days, perhaps week, to better populate. But again, only with listings that have consented to addition in the listing, have knowledge of and share our goals, and use EverGreenCoin in their operations.

Thanks for the help in reaching this decision everyone. I do feel we have concluded the best decision and this decision would require less 'un-doing' should we decide to pursue another route in the future for whatever reason.

Thanks for the update - I'll not proceed with adding more sites - Had to spend the day at Ikea with my wife - ended up taking hours.
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2016, 09:48:31 PM

Thanks for the update - I'll not proceed with adding more sites - Had to spend the day at Ikea with my wife - ended up taking hours.

We might go ahead and leverage the Ecosia one you entered, as I might add an Ecosia search to the site. Thanks for taking the time to enter it. PM me an EverGreenCoin address and I will get a tip your way.

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2017, 06:28:16 AM
Last edit: January 02, 2017, 03:15:34 AM by EverGreenCoin

Faucet-goers got a little new year present.

Again, Happy New Year, everyone!

Prosperous 2017. That is my resolution. Wink

Cheers!

starmman
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 11:01:52 AM

The EverGreenCoin.org website now has browser push notifications that users can opt in to recieve. So when new things are added, they will recieve a notification on their desktop.

EDIT: This does work on mobile devices also.

Awesome stuff =) Good to see EGC at the cutting edge of these kind of developments - most major sites didn't introduce push notifications yet =)

EDIT: Would be awesome if the exchanges could implement that =)
PumpMyCoin

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

www.pumpmycoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2017, 10:35:18 PM

Dear EverGreenCoin Investors-Developers

We would love to announce that your coin has been added to PumpMyCoin community public Votes.
you can participate in this vote on www.pumpmycoin.com to nominate your coin for the next PUMP.

sincerely
PumpMyCoin Team
We Pump But Never Dump

PUMPDUMP
███
███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███
███
           ▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████████▄▄
     ▄███████████████████████████▄
   ▄███████████████████████████████▄
  ▄█████████████████████████████████▄
 ▄███████████████████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████████████████████▀
 ▀███████████████████████████████████▀
  ▀█████████████████████████████████▀
   ▀███████████████████████████████▀
     ▀███████████████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀
███
███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███
███
{}{}
frostminer

Activity: 742
Merit: 505

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2017, 01:23:14 AM

Dear EverGreenCoin Investors-Developers

We would love to announce that your coin has been added to PumpMyCoin community public Votes.
you can participate in this vote on www.pumpmycoin.com to nominate your coin for the next PUMP.

sincerely
PumpMyCoin Team
We Pump But Never Dump

Go away kids...
You've spammed the whole damn forum now.

Pages: « 1 ... 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 [159] 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 ... 211 »
  Print  

Jump to: