Bitcoin Forum
March 30, 2024, 05:57:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 [162] 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][EGC] EverGreenCoin | Environmental Green Causes | Full 7% PoS | Foundation  (Read 284477 times)
frostminer

Activity: 742
Merit: 505

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2017, 02:39:05 PM

"Buying real life items with EGC."

So!
On the EverGreenCoin webpage i found https://evergreencoin.org/directory/

There i found a shop selling chili products. https://www.pexpeppers.com/
So i thought "cool, why not try this out"

Long story short!

By using EGC as pay, i got 10% discount using a code.
I ordered 1 sauce, Over the Moon  Cool (http://imgur.com/a/NPQlv )
and 3 kinds of chili seeds. (ghost peppers as one of them)

The only personal information i had to give out to get this product from the "other side of the world" was my postal adress to pexpeppers.
But i never had to register anywhere or give any personal information for the economic transactions of EGC.
THIS MAKES ME HAPPY!

Package arrived
Well.. first i did the mistake of "oh i need to taste this, NOW" and squirted a dash on my tounge.
IS HOT!

Used later for some hot chicken wings... so great.

THANKS EGC!
THANKS PEXPEPPERS!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
starmman
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 02:45:28 PM

So!

Long story short!

The only personal information i had to give out to get this product from the "other side of the world" was my postal adress to pexpeppers.
But i never had to register anywhere or give any personal information for the economic transactions of EGC.
THIS MAKES ME HAPPY!

Package arrived
Well.. first i did the mistake of "oh i need to taste this, NOW" and squirted a dash on my tounge.
IS HOT!

THANKS EGC!
THANKS PEXPEPPERS!

Awesome stuff - I might take a look at that once I've acquired a few more coins.

I now have enough EGC to start staking - are there any recommended sizes for the number of coins per block to maximise the staking amount, or does it not matter with EGC?
frostminer

Activity: 742
Merit: 505

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2017, 02:49:16 PM

So!

Long story short!

THIS MAKES ME HAPPY!

Package arrived
IS HOT!

THANKS EGC!
THANKS PEXPEPPERS!

Awesome stuff - I might take a look at that once I've acquired a few more coins.

I now have enough EGC to start staking - are there any recommended sizes for the number of coins per block to maximise the staking amount, or does it not matter with EGC?

I dont think it matters much.
If you stake regulary, you will end up with the apx 7% anyhow.

I have already refilled my EGC spent on chili.
Thinking of looking of other cool stuff to buy  Grin

Looking forward to next time im making tacos Cheesy

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1192

EverGreenCoin® (EGC) EverGreenCoin.org

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2017, 02:53:54 PM

So!

Long story short!

THIS MAKES ME HAPPY!

Package arrived
IS HOT!

THANKS EGC!
THANKS PEXPEPPERS!

The biggest factor is coin age. Often times people juggle coins around to try and get some optimal staking frequency and defeat themselves by resetting the coin age. Usually, your best option is to leave them be and retain all the age they have already accumulated.

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2017, 03:22:13 PM

So!

Long story short!

THIS MAKES ME HAPPY!

Package arrived
IS HOT!

THANKS EGC!
THANKS PEXPEPPERS!

I dont think it matters much.
If you stake regulary, you will end up with the apx 7% anyhow.

I have already refilled my EGC spent on chili.
Thinking of looking of other cool stuff to buy  Grin

Looking forward to next time im making tacos Cheesy

Yes, precisly. It will always work out to 7% annual. Regardless of if you can tune more frequent installments. Those more frequent installments will be smaller in amount than the less frequent installments that would be larger in amount.

starmman
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 06:40:23 PM

Yes, precisly. It will always work out to 7% annual. Regardless of if you can tune more frequent installments. Those more frequent installments will be smaller in amount than the less frequent installments that would be larger in amount.
Great, I'm only staking about 1000 EGC so far - most of my EGC is accumulating on exchanges - but have now started siphoning off into a wallet. I'll get used to the maturation of the staked coins, its working slightly differently to the way XMG works with PoS.

Shame I didn't manage to mine any =)
jsff77

Activity: 48
Merit: 1

Software Developer

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2017, 01:36:41 PM

Hello everyone!

Today I made new investments in EGC from the C-CEX.

Soon, I will make other investments in EGC.

jsff77
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2017, 01:38:33 PM

Hello everyone!

jsff77

Thank you for investing in EverGreenCoin, jsff77.

starmman
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 03:03:58 PM

Hello everyone!

jsff77

Good choice and timing in my opinion - I think the price of EGC is pretty favourable right now. BTC price is down but the EGC price hasn't reacted much yet...
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2017, 08:46:19 PM
Last edit: January 13, 2017, 11:25:13 PM by EverGreenCoin

Great, I'm only staking about 1000 EGC so far - most of my EGC is accumulating on exchanges - but have now started siphoning off into a wallet. I'll get used to the maturation of the staked coins, its working slightly differently to the way XMG works with PoS.

Hi starmman and EverGreenCoin community,

About 5 days ago, I placed 100 EGC on my CHIP. This morning, it did collect its first instalment toward its 7% annual to the tune of .0677 EGC. This experiment was to test the frequency of installments at current post-PoW conditions, test the hardware component of the forthcoming EGC Solar Staker, and simply to make an observation.

5 days minus 1 for minimum coin staking age is 4 days.
365 days divided by 4 = 91.25
91.25 times .0677 = 6.177625

Here we observe ~0.8% shortfall but I will monitor it for its next reward. 1 sample from what might be 91 occurrences is inadequate. I had done similar experiments previously and the numbers did fall at 7%. Also, my '5 day' estimate is nothing more than an estimate. May have been 4 1/2 days or 5 1/2 days, as I did not document the time.

My point is, there really is no amount that is 'too small' to stake in regards to receiving 7% annual. Now, of course, it would prove little reward to stake 1 EGC for a year and I understand this is the thought starmman was following. But, be that as it may, 7% is always 7%.

Also, never use an exchange as a bank. Exchanges are very attractive targets for hackers, though exchanges do follow very strict security measures. It is safer to store your own EverGreenCoin yourself, and for that matter any cryptocurrency, even if you will not be staking them regularly. Another option is PoSWallet.com where your EverGreenCoin will be grouped with other people's EverGreenCoin, thus having more collective weight and receiving instalments more frequently. Of course, your portion of that instalment will only be 7%. That said, PoSWallet.com is subject to the same risks exchanges are and they do charge small fees. PoSWallet.com does also follow very strict security measures. The fact that they do stake your coins and you receive that reward, as some exchanges are accused of staking your coins and keeping the rewards, should come into ones equation when calculating risk versus reward.

starmman
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 09:34:27 PM

About 5 days ago, I placed 100 EGC on my CHIP. This morning, it did collect its first instalment toward its 7% annual to the tune of .0677 EGC. This experiment was to test the frequency of installments at current post-PoW conditions, test the hardware component of the forthcoming EGC Solar Staker, and simply to make an observation.

Here we observe ~0.8% shortfall but I will monitor it for its next reward. 1 sample from what might be 91 occurrences is inadequate. I had done similar experiments previously and the numbers did fall at 7%. Also, my '5 day' estimate is nothing more than an estimate. May have been 4 1/2 days or 5 1/2 days, as I did not document the time.

My point is, there really is no amount that is 'too small' to stake in regards to receiving 7% annual. Now, of course, it would prove little reward to stake 1 EGC for a year and I understand this is the thought starmman was following. But, be that as it may, 7% is always 7%.

Also, never use an exchange as a bank. Exchanges are very attractive targets for hackers, though exchanges do follow very strict security measures. It is safer to store your own EverGreenCoin yourself, and for that matter any cryptocurrency, even if you will not be staking them regularly. Another option is PoSWallet.com where your EverGreenCoin will be grouped with other peoples EverGreenCoin, thus having more collective weight and receiving installments more frequequetly. Of course, your portion of that installment will only be 7%. That said, PoSWallet.com is subject to the same risks exchanges are and they do charge small fees. PoSWallet.com does also follow very strict security measures. The fact that they do stake your coins and you receive that reward, as some exchanges are accused of staking your coins and keeping the rewards, should come into ones equation when calculating risk versus reward.

Thanks for the information about the staking percentages, I was planning on checking the staking % out myself if I managed to get another wallet online.

Thanks for your concern, I fully understand and accept the risks of keeping coins on exchanges - but taking the risk is part of my strategy as I'm using crypto primarily to improving my trading skills (and of course not as a bank) <1% of my portfolio is in crypto right now - so far, I increased my initial investment by 800% in 18 months - mostly through trading. My investment strategy stipulates that as the amount of capital I earn through trading increases I'll push more of the profits into safer 'buckets' which are lower risk and lower investment. I've already started with that (EGC PoS wallet is a great bucket to siphon into) =) I'm also spreading funds across many exchanges to reduce the risks.

If my primary investment vehicle was crypto, id obviously have a very different strategy - I class cryto as a 'Wildcard' asset class. Trading can net a large percentage a month - and I siphon a percentage of that away to a offline wallet (for me any BTC I could lose in an exchange - I wouldn't have had if I weren't trading).

I also think its very important to run wallets of coins that I've invested in to both support and improve the fungibility of the coin.
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2017, 02:02:32 AM

If anyone has anything they wish to list in the marketplace, please, by all means. Items on the marketplace do not need to be 'green' items, as that question has been asked. To list an item, you just need to create an EverGreenCoin.org account and click any of the menu options under 'seller' in the 'marketplace' sub-menu under 'shop'. From there you can apply to be a vendor, just tick the 'apply to be a vendor' checkbox and click submit. I then approve your vendor status and you will be able to add items.

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2017, 02:03:56 AM

starmman
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 07:10:49 AM

If anyone has anything they wish to list in the marketplace, please, by all means. Items on the marketplace do not need to be 'green' items, as that question has been asked. To list an item, you just need to create an EverGreenCoin.org account and click any of the menu options under 'seller' in the 'marketplace' sub-menu under 'shop'. From there you can apply to be a vendor, just tick the 'apply to be a vendor' checkbox and click submit. I then approve your vendor status and you will be able to add items.
I'll ask some (green) businesses I know - none of them currently accept crypto, and not sure if they ship internationally, but worth asking =)
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2017, 09:32:03 PM

I'll ask some (green) businesses I know - none of them currently accept crypto, and not sure if they ship internationally, but worth asking =)

Thanks starmman! The help is greatly appreciated and I will personally pay bounties to anyone helping to populate the directory or the marketplace.

So everyone is clear, the listings in the directory do not need to be 'businesses' per se. Organisations are welcome, like non-profits or anything. The only 'requirement' is that they do use EverGreenCoin in their organisation in some way, even if only accepting donations in EverGreenCoin, or they align with EverGreenCoin in our environmental efforts.

As far as the marketplace, any item is welcome, so long as you will accept EverGreenCoin either exclusively or inclusively to the other methods (Credit Cards, PayPal, other cryptocurrencies).

EDIT: International shipping is not a requirement.

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2017, 09:40:44 PM
Last edit: January 13, 2017, 09:58:33 PM by EverGreenCoin

I now have the LED on the C.H.I.P. flash when a block paces on the EverGreenCoin blockchain.   Smiley

EDIT: Please join us on the EGC Renewables forum for more details. https://evergreencoin.org/groups/egc-renewables/forum/
 As development progresses with the EverGreenCoin Solar Staker, details will only be there. Of course, I will announce major milestones here as well. For a closer pulse of the heartbeat, pun intended, please join us there.

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2017, 11:23:22 PM

Also, never use an exchange as a bank. Exchanges are very attractive targets for hackers, though exchanges do follow very strict security measures. It is safer to store your own EverGreenCoin yourself, and for that matter any cryptocurrency, even if you will not be staking them regularly. Another option is PoSWallet.com where your EverGreenCoin will be grouped with other people's EverGreenCoin, thus having more collective weight and receiving instalments more frequently. Of course, your portion of that instalment will only be 7%. That said, PoSWallet.com is subject to the same risks exchanges are and they do charge small fees. PoSWallet.com does also follow very strict security measures. The fact that they do stake your coins and you receive that reward, as some exchanges are accused of staking your coins and keeping the rewards, should come into ones equation when calculating risk versus reward.

Now it has already received its second PoS reward. This one, .032 EGC. Now that I know how to trigger the LEDs on C.H.I.P., perhaps I should make something 'special' happen when a PoS block is accepted and a reward received.

starmman
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 12:00:28 AM

Now it has already received its second PoS reward. This one, .032 EGC. Now that I know how to trigger the LEDs on C.H.I.P., perhaps I should make something 'special' happen when a PoS block is accepted and a reward received.

Sounds like a great idea - I like little gimmicks like that - good to hear there is good progress on the solar staker. I've been thinking about putting something like that together myself on a Pi when I get some spare time.
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2017, 09:01:59 PM

@EverGreenCoin_ has been getting much attention on twitter, thanks to the Vindyne Group promotion. Check out, and please retweet, this latest:

https://twitter.com/CryptoCoinC/status/820372169893052417

bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1050

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 01:43:07 AM

I was just wondering if an in-wallet notification system could be added that notifies users when a new wallet versoin is out?

Similarly how Feathercoin does it:

I was still on v1.3.0 and while that still works flawlessly, it could have been cut off without me realizing it and staking on a fork.

Not your keys, not your coins!
Pages: « 1 ... 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 [162] 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 »
  Print  

Jump to: