Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 02:26:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 [167] 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][EGC] EverGreenCoin | Environmental Green Causes | Full 7% PoS | Foundation  (Read 284475 times)
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1192

EverGreenCoin® (EGC) EverGreenCoin.org

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2017, 11:24:43 PM

https://evergreencoin.org/forums/topic/evergreencoin-version-1-5/

For those that may shutter at the words of "required upgrade" or "hardfork", you need to realize a few things. First and more obvious, EverGreenCoin needs to do have a functionally reliable blockchain. While most of the readers here have the computer literacy to cope with network troubles, 'layman', for lack of a better word, do not and may not wish to tolerate learning how to. This is an audience I wish to be able to participate in EverGreenCoin and all our environmental efforts.

Second, we have more than enough time to prepare and make sure everyone is prepared. Knowledge of it coming is the only preparedness we need to raise. As previously mentioned, exchanges and service providers have already been alerted. If users are not prepared or do not learn of the forthcoming network upgrade, no harm. In the absolute worst case, they will have to resync after they do upgrade. All coins will be safe and of course myself and others will gladly assist. Please retweet so people can become aware, https://twitter.com/EverGreenCoin_/status/830546566104678400

Third, EverGreenCoin has been through this previously. There will be none of the issues that other coins have had when trying to do similar. That said, please do not think it will be carried out without diligence. As done previously, all steps of the process will be thoroughly mapped and prepared for.

Forth, any crypto project with any longevity and that is cared for and aims to succed must go through this at some time. If they haven't yet, they will in time. As all the relevant technology evolves, so must the network.

In closing, I would like to sincerely thank all those that have tolerated the network issues of unintentional forks. Also the many that have helped me to support others during them. Once we can finally put that behind us, EverGreenCoin can truly reach its potential.

Thanks for reading and I will provide more details as soon as they are concrete.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
starmman
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 09:20:26 AM

For those that may shutter at the words of "required upgrade" or "hardfork", you need to realize a few things. First and more obvious, EverGreenCoin needs to do have a functionally reliable blockchain. While most of the readers here have the computer literacy to cope with network troubles, 'layman', for lack of a better word, do not and may not wish to tolerate learning how to. This is an audience I wish to be able to participate in EverGreenCoin and all our environmental efforts.

Second, we have more than enough time to prepare and make sure everyone is prepared. Knowledge of it coming is the only preparedness we need to raise. As previously mentioned, exchanges and service providers have already been alerted. If users are not prepared or do not learn of the forthcoming network upgrade, no harm. In the absolute worst case, they will have to resync after they do upgrade. All coins will be safe and of course myself and others will gladly assist. Please retweet so people can become aware, https://twitter.com/EverGreenCoin_/status/830546566104678400

Third, EverGreenCoin has been through this previously. There will be none of the issues that other coins have had when trying to do similar. That said, please do not think it will be carried out without diligence. As done previously, all steps of the process will be thoroughly mapped and prepared for.

Forth, any crypto project with any longevity and that is cared for and aims to succed must go through this at some time. If they haven't yet, they will in time. As all the relevant technology evolves, so must the network.

In closing, I would like to sincerely thank all those that have tolerated the network issues of unintentional forks. Also the many that have helped me to support others during them. Once we can finally put that behind us, EverGreenCoin can truly reach its potential.

Thanks for reading and I will provide more details as soon as they are concrete.

Great, I look forward to upgrading to the latest version when it is released =)

Are the exchanges planning to upgrade too?
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2017, 04:41:37 PM

Yes, exchanges along with anyone wanting to send, receive, or stake EverGreenCoin must upgrade. It will be a protocol upgrade and all other wallets will not meet the new protocol version and will be blocked. This is required because all other wallets do not have the code for the forthcoming hardfork. The entire network will only be version 1.5 wallets.

It's important to note that upgrading does not have to happen at a certain time. Exchanges will have to leave their wallet in maintenence until they do upgrade. Users will have to stop their existing wallet and not run it until they have upgraded. In the worst case, they will have to resync after they upgrade if they run their existing wallet past the time of the network upgrade (aka big bang).

The time this will occur is not set yet, but it will be next weekend. I will announce the exact time this will happen as soon as it is known. I want to be sure it is set at a time that is doable for as many service providers as possible. I do hope to have that time established as soon as possible.

If all this sounds confusing, do not worry. I will make it very simple in forthcoming announcements. All users need to know now is at some point in time next weekend, they will need to have stopped their EverGreenCoin software (all existing versions) and not run it again until they have upgraded to version 1.5. If they run any other version past that time, they will need to resync once they have upgraded.

I hope I have answered completely and everyone understands what will take place. If any further elaboration is needed, please do not hesitate to ask.

amitd2012

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 08:49:48 PM

Yes, exchanges along with anyone wanting to send, receive, or stake EverGreenCoin must upgrade. It will be a protocol upgrade and all other wallets will not meet the new protocol version and will be blocked. This is required because all other wallets do not have the code for the forthcoming hardfork. The entire network will only be version 1.5 wallets.

It's important to note that upgrading does not have to happen at a certain time. Exchanges will have to leave their wallet in maintenence until they do upgrade. Users will have to stop their existing wallet and not run it until they have upgraded. In the worst case, they will have to resync after they upgrade if they run their existing wallet past the time of the network upgrade (aka big bang).

The time this will occur is not set yet, but it will be next weekend. I will announce the exact time this will happen as soon as it is known. I want to be sure it is set at a time that is doable for as many service providers as possible. I do hope to have that time established as soon as possible.

If all this sounds confusing, do not worry. I will make it very simple in forthcoming announcements. All users need to know now is at some point in time next weekend, they will need to have stopped their EverGreenCoin software (all existing versions) and not run it again until they have upgraded to version 1.5. If they run any other version past that time, they will need to resync once they have upgraded.

I hope I have answered completely and everyone understands what will take place. If any further elaboration is needed, please do not hesitate to ask.

Hello Seven Sir

Just 1 question from me & which is "Are my EGC Safe on Bittrex Wallet" ?

I don't use Desktop Wallet & don't intend to use it either in future as well because I'm not interested in Staking.

Reply me so that I can be best assured.

Thanks a lot.
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2017, 09:32:04 PM

Hello Seven Sir

I don't use Desktop Wallet & don't intend to use it either in future as well because I'm not interested in Staking.

Thanks a lot.

Absolutely yes. Your EverGreenCoin are absolutely safe at Bittrex. Bittrex is already aware of the plans and on standby for the announcement of the exact time.

Rest assured, your EverGreenCoin will be absolutely safe.

abyaby123

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 04:01:28 AM

Hello Seven Sir

Thanks a lot.

Saving your Coins at an exchange is always a risk. The desktop wallet is not only for staking. Hardware wallets always are more secure and you don't need to give your trust to any exchanges. And because of the good speed of EGC it should be no problem to send Coins from your wallet to an exchange to trade. Bittrex only needs 7 confirmations thats nothing for EGCs speed. For the moment your Coins are safe on Bittrex but I will never advise somebody to store the Coins on an exchange. Saving your Coins on an exchange is even worse than using an bank account from a unknown bank that you don't even khnow they are in debt. I hope some day everybody uses an easy to use desktop wallet to help the network and use full security like crypto coins are suppose to be.
starmman
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 10:18:41 AM

Thanks for the clarification - fingers crossed that all the exchanges will manage to move quickly - I suspect there may be a couple of issues with Yobit - I hear they are not always the fastest to respond to a wallet change request.
rotzbouf

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 10:36:02 AM

Quite some promising stuff inside. Especially the environmental thing. Will keep this on my watchlist

П    |⧛ ☛  Join the signature campaign and earn free PI daily!  ✅ |⧛    П
|⧛         ☛  PiCoin - get in now  ✅     ☛ No ICO!  ✅          |⧛
starmman
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 10:48:03 AM

Quite some promising stuff inside. Especially the environmental thing. Will keep this on my watchlist
Welcome to the forum page - EGC is a great coin and has a very good community. Now is a great time to get involved as the price is undervalued (in my opinion).
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2017, 01:16:29 PM

Welcome to the forum page - EGC is a great coin and has a very good community. Now is a great time to get involved as the price is undervalued (in my opinion).

Welcome to the EverGreenCoin community, rotzbouf. Thanks for joining us.

rotzbouf

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 01:54:45 PM

Welcome to the EverGreenCoin community, rotzbouf. Thanks for joining us.

Happy to be part of it Smiley

amitd2012

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 08:36:37 PM

Hello Seven Sir

Thanks a lot.

Saving your Coins at an exchange is always a risk. The desktop wallet is not only for staking. Hardware wallets always are more secure and you don't need to give your trust to any exchanges. And because of the good speed of EGC it should be no problem to send Coins from your wallet to an exchange to trade. Bittrex only needs 7 confirmations thats nothing for EGCs speed. For the moment your Coins are safe on Bittrex but I will never advise somebody to store the Coins on an exchange. Saving your Coins on an exchange is even worse than using an bank account from a unknown bank that you don't even khnow they are in debt. I hope some day everybody uses an easy to use desktop wallet to help the network and use full security like crypto coins are suppose to be.

Thanks a lot Brother for highlighting those issues with keeping Coins on an Exchange. I wasn't totally aware of it.

By the way does EGC have an Online Web Wallet or something like that where we get an EGC Address & then we can directly transfer all our EGC's from an Exchange to that Online Wallet.

Does Desktop Wallet also behaves in the same way because I really don't want to get in deep for Configuring the Nodes & all that, I'm not that much Technical when it comes to Setup & Install a Desktop Wallet & just want to keep it pure plain & simple, that's it.

So if there's a very simple way then let me know OR I'm still happy with them being resting on an Exchange.

Thanks a ton in advance.

rotzbouf

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 09:01:09 PM

Installing a desktop wallet is super simple. In windows you click the exe and follow the on-screen instructions. Nothing to setup if you just want a wallet.

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2017, 10:40:42 PM
Last edit: February 14, 2017, 12:16:13 AM by EverGreenCoin

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2017, 11:07:56 PM
Last edit: February 14, 2017, 12:02:09 AM by EverGreenCoin

Hello Seven Sir

Thanks a lot.

Thanks a lot Brother for highlighting those issues with keeping Coins on an Exchange. I wasn't totally aware of it.

By the way does EGC have an Online Web Wallet or something like that where we get an EGC Address & then we can directly transfer all our EGC's from an Exchange to that Online Wallet.

Does Desktop Wallet also behaves in the same way because I really don't want to get in deep for Configuring the Nodes & all that, I'm not that much Technical when it comes to Setup & Install a Desktop Wallet & just want to keep it pure plain & simple, that's it.

So if there's a very simple way then let me know OR I'm still happy with them being resting on an Exchange.

Thanks a ton in advance.

The only web wallet for EverGreenCoin is PoSwallet.com, where your coins are group staked with other user's coins. But yes, you would be relying on their security as you would an exchange's.

There is no needed configuration of the desktop wallet. Seednodes are programmed into the wallet. It would even be staking by default 24 hours after your coins are deposited into your desktop wallet. Encyrpting the wallet is advisable and very simple, click the "settings" menu and select "encrypt wallet", then follow the prompts. However, your desktop wallet will need to sync with the network and that is a time consuming process.

To your original question, the answer is still yes. Your coins will be safe at Bittrex during the network upgrade. It is good you now understand the risks involved with any exchange. To add to what abyaby123 said, exchanges and service providers are also an attractive target for hackers. That said, Bittrex practices stringent security measures and is one of the more trusted exchanges.

amitd2012

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 08:10:49 PM

Hello Seven Sir

Thanks a lot.

Thanks a ton in advance.

The only web wallet for EverGreenCoin is PoSwallet.com, where your coins are group staked with other user's coins. But yes, you would be relying on their security as you would an exchange's.

There is no needed configuration of the desktop wallet. Seednodes are programmed into the wallet. It would even be staking by default 24 hours after your coins are deposited into your desktop wallet. Encyrpting the wallet is advisable and very simple, click the "settings" menu and select "encrypt wallet", then follow the prompts. However, your desktop wallet will need to sync with the network and that is a time consuming process.

To your original question, the answer is still yes. Your coins will be safe at Bittrex during the network upgrade. It is good you now understand the risks involved with any exchange. To add to what abyaby123 said, exchanges and service providers are also an attractive target for hackers. That said, Bittrex practices stringent security measures and is one of the more trusted exchanges.

Thanks a lot Sir for your reply & I'll sure look into 1 of the best possible options for me worth considering.
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2017, 12:35:43 AM

So the community is aware, I will be making the EverGreenCoin github repo private tomorrow. I am getting ready to push the preliminary v1.5 source code and this code does need to remain private and out of public use until the time of the network upgrade. If any established member of the community would like to peer review the v1.5 code while it is private repo'ed, please PM me.

At this time I am announcing, the network upgrade will happen on Saturday, February 18th at 05:00 GMT. At that time all seednodes will be stopped and that block height will be the last block on the, what will become, old network protocol version (80000). When all seednodes are running properly on the new network protocol version (80015), EverGreenCoin Version 1.5 wallets will be released and the repo made public again. There will be a brief window of time while backups of the blockchain are made for historical purposes and the new v1.5 daemons are brought online. Ever effort will be made to make this window short and of course, I will be in communication during it.

What does this mean? You need to have stopped your EverGreenCoin wallet prior to Saturday, February 18th at 05:00 GMT and not run it again until after you have upgraded to version 1.5. At that time (Saturday, February 18th at 05:00 GMT, aka 'big bang' time) and going forward, all versions of EverGreenCoin wallets other than version 1.5 will not work. Your old executable file (v1.3 - v1.4.2) will be useless and should be deleted (DO NOT delete your wallet.dat file) after so you do not accidentally run it ever again. Upgrading will be simple, you will only need to run the new v1.5 executable that will be made available. If you do run your existing version (v1.3 - v1.4.2) past February 18th at 05:00 GMT, you will need to resync after you have upgraded. In any event, your EverGreenCoin are safe. As with any upgrade, it is advisable to make a backup of your wallet.dat file prior to upgrading, just to be safe.

This time is subject to change, but only if absolutely needed. If you have any questions or confusion, please do not hesitate to ask either publicly or privately.

VRP MONEY

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 06:13:21 AM

So the community is aware, I will be making the EverGreenCoin github repo private tomorrow. I am getting ready to push the preliminary v1.5 source code and this code does need to remain private and out of public use until the time of the network upgrade. If any established member of the community would like to peer review the v1.5 code while it is private repo'ed, please PM me.

At this time I am announcing, the network upgrade will happen on Saturday, February 18th at 05:00 GMT. At that time all seednodes will be stopped and that block height will be the last block on the, what will become, old network protocol version (80000). When all seednodes are running properly on the new network protocol version (80015), EverGreenCoin Version 1.5 wallets will be released and the repo made public again. There will be a brief window of time while backups of the blockchain are made for historical purposes and the new v1.5 daemons are brought online. Ever effort will be made to make this window short and of course, I will be in communication during it.

What does this mean? You need to have stopped your EverGreenCoin wallet prior to Saturday, February 18th at 05:00 GMT and not run it again until after you have upgraded to version 1.5. At that time (Saturday, February 18th at 05:00 GMT, aka 'big bang' time) and going forward, all versions of EverGreenCoin wallets other than version 1.5 will not work. Your old executable file (v1.3 - v1.4.2) will be useless and should be deleted (DO NOT delete your wallet.dat file) after so you do not accidentally run it ever again. Upgrading will be simple, you will only need to run the new v1.5 executable that will be made available. If you do run your existing version (v1.3 - v1.4.2) past February 18th at 05:00 GMT, you will need to resync after you have upgraded. In any event, your EverGreenCoin are safe. As with any upgrade, it is advisable to make a backup of your wallet.dat file prior to upgrading, just to be safe.

This time is subject to change, but only if absolutely needed. If you have any questions or confusion, please do not hesitate to ask either publicly or privately.

Thank you for information... And what will happen after 1.5 with EGC value?!
Daedalus27

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

The Matrix lost my mind through the cracks!

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2017, 06:45:53 AM

Is EGC not going to be open source software anymore?

isn't being a green community and caring about earth, people and environment about being open?
Chicago

Activity: 592
Merit: 259

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 06:56:29 AM

Thank you for information... And what will happen after 1.5 with EGC value?!

Hello VRP Money,

As with any changes which improve the reliability and robustness of the network, we anticipate a renewed interest in Evergreencoin as both early adopters and new users find the blockchain to be increasingly stable and hence more valuable.

The specific proposed improvements will benefit all users by facilitating proof-of-stake block generation in a more controlled manner.

EGC to the tree top!

Best Regards,
-Chicago
Pages: « 1 ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 [167] 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 »
  Print  

Jump to: